A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Extext tips? - glo

Posted: Jan 20, 2012

Any tips on editing in Extext?

Learn the shortcut keys! - DK

[ In Reply To ..]
they are easy to get the hang of and save you tons of time. Also expand your autocorrect in word to include a difference between expansions and abbreviations....for example COPD versus copdd (spelling it out for diagnoses). Wish they would come up with a macro for numbering without tabbing that would be fantastic, cause VR never gets the numbering right it seems!

Similar Messages:

Tips
Mar 23, 2010

Anyone got tips on pacing themselves or how to make things go smoother.  I am a new MT and really want to do well since I left a good job to work from home, as it was a dream of mine.  I realize that patient is a virtue.  Something that I would like to possess more of. I am setting up my shortcuts, and feel like I am working my fingers to the bone, and not getting anywhere.  Any tips and advice on things that will help me move right along will be much helpful.  ...

MQ DQS ASR Tips
Jul 15, 2011

Been tracking my work for the last couple of years on ASR, am able to calculate my paycheck usually within a dollar of what it should be upon deposit into my account, and thought I'd share some tips I've learned from ASR: Keep your fingers on the keyboard. Anyone who says they are bored doing ASR isn't doing it right. It is just as challenging as typing, even more so because of the concentration required. It is much like playing the piano in that one's fingers are always mov ...

ExText And Your Own Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

I just started with a company that uses Extext.  I do not want to use the expander with this as I love my Instant Text.  Can somebody please tell me how to shut off the Extext expander?  TIA ...

Dictaphone Extext With ESP
Nov 27, 2009

I work at a hospital where we use the Dictaphone Extext system.  I want to work from home and need to copy my ESP from work onto a disc.  Can somebody please tell me how to do that?  I also need for know how I would copy the ESP onto my computer?  Do I need to purchase Dictaphone Extext? Thank's so much for any info you can give me.   ...

EXText + Antivirus
Dec 23, 2009

Having issues with my antivirus and Extext with the install.  What is the best protection to use with Extext.  I have resorted to AVG which I do not care for...TIA. ...

EXTEXT COMPANIES
Jun 13, 2010

Can anyone tell me which companies use Extext or ExEditor. Thank You. ...

Dictaphone EXText
Sep 15, 2010

I am thinking about taking a job with Transcend using the EXText platform.  Can anyone tell me for sure if I can use my autocorrect with this program?  tyvm ...

ExText Question
Mar 06, 2011

I've recently started using ExText, and I like it, except for one thing - I find that it is very tedious to rewind or FF to a particular spot in the dictation.  Is there any way to go right to the spot?  I've worked on platforms where you grabbed an arrow and dragged it to the spot you wanted in the recording (by that I mean, a given minute and second), but I can't find a way to do that with ExText.  It seems speeding up the rewind/FF is the only way.  Is ...

What Is It With ExText? This Is The Only VR Platform I've
Aug 24, 2011

I've worked on, and most days it doesn't seem horrible, but I keep making the same corrections over and over and over again for the same dictators and it never learns.  Also it will leave out an entire sentence or several words in a sentence, even on dream dictators.  It also can't seem to get the date format correct, often types 08 as 20, or types 2011 as 2000, expands abbreviations when we aren't allowed to expand them, doesn't number multiple diagnoses/medic ...

Extext Vs Escription
Oct 06, 2011

Can anyone compare Extext and Escription for me.  i use extext now but switching to escription.  Wondering if line count is going to go up or down.   THanks ...

Anyone Know Which Companies Use Extext?
Oct 21, 2011

Does anyone know which companies use Extext?  I did a search but all the posts I found were pretty old.  Tia ! ...

EXText And Shorthand
Oct 30, 2011

Does anyone know if Shorthand works with EXTText or do you have use the built in expansion program in EXText?  If so, is there a way to copy your Shorthand entires into that program?  Thanks in advance! ...

How Is The ExText Platform?
Feb 28, 2012

Is the ADT easy to deal with?  ASR decent?  Can you get fast on it if you're halfway good? ...

ExText Speech
May 24, 2012

Can anyone tell me where to find a copy of the shortcut keys for ExText.  I had no training on it outside of the basics and was never given any shortcuts keys/commands and I am sure there are a lot of things I could be doing better.  Any help is definitely appreciated. ...

ExText Entries-Help!!!
Aug 04, 2012

Wonder if anyone has an answer to this for me...and, thanking you in advance!  I have used ExText for years.  Everything has always been fine and I love ExText...until Escription hit the deck.  Now when I'm in a report and highlight what I want to add to my ExText, then do alt= to add it, the window comes up blank and I have to enter the word/phrase all over again.  What the heck happened??? Really slows me down because I usually enter long phrases/normals, etc.  Ho ...

ExText With Breevy
May 21, 2013

Does anyone know if you can use Breevy text expander with ExText?  Thanks! ...

Trying To Get My ExText, Etc. Upgraded...
Apr 22, 2014

Let's not start a bashing party, but has anyone else had luck getting their ExText, etc... software upgraded on a new Windows 7 system at Landmark in PA?  It seems like K has simply fallen off the planet.  No emails at all from Landmark regarding the whole XP and Word 2003 HIPAA non-compliance business, or options for moving forward.  Is it just me, or is this really just not a big deal?  While I'm pretty sure no one would outright choose to hack a middle-aged house ...

Dictaphone EXText
Nov 13, 2014

Looking to work for a company that uses EXText.  Thanks for feedback! ...

ASR Tips Revisited
Jan 28, 2010

Have read through numerous tips on this board on how to increase productivity (TY), but for the life of me can't seem to make much progress. There is one HUGE hurdle that slows me down terribly. At the very beginning of dictation, where the dictating physician says all the mumbo jumbo that should not be in a report - ADT info - we are to place a skip marker (and as far as my experience, it doesn't make much sense to place any more unless there is a blatant gap where none of the garbage ...

Burnout: Any Tips To Get Over It? Sm
Jan 31, 2010

I have been an MT for 13 years and lately I have been suffering from severe burnout.  I need the money so badly!!!  But it seems impossible to stay focused on my work.  Sometimes sitting down transcribing is nearly impossible - feels like trying to swallow bad cough medicine or something!  I have tried putting up pictures of reasons I need to be focusing and typing and have tried challenging myself with line counts, etc.  I just dont seem to be able to do it.  ...

Tips For Success With VR
May 14, 2010

Learning to use VR can be accomplished by any MT who has solid MT skills and is knowledgeable about their work.  I do not believe newbies or grads within their first 2 years should be using VR without QA backup (just my opinion). 1.  You have to want to learn to use it effectively.  If you try to do it kicking and screaming, being obstinant, you simply will hinder your learning curve and depth significantly.  2.  It takes time.  You will not learn it overnight.&nb ...

Any Tips About Proofreading
Jul 26, 2010

Any tips about proofreading? I am an MT intern consistently getting high 90s for grades in Acute Care but 99% is required to pass the program.   Tps for perfecting MT proofreading would be appreciated. I seem to make dumb mistakes and just  don't see them when I proofread.   Maple Grandma ...

What Are Your Production Tips?
May 15, 2011

I know that everyone says there is no money in VR, but sometimes you have to take the job you are given and be thankful for that. The account I am working on is 99% VR.  I was wondering if anyone had any tips on being productive.  For example, do you look at your report first and fix any obvious errors and then listen to the dictation or do you just jump right in with the dictation and do it all then?  Currently, I make about 5cpl for VR, which compared to some quotes I have rea ...

Tips For Motivation?
May 18, 2011

eee gads, every have one of those nights, or one of those weeks? what do you do when you just can't seem to get in the groove? maybe its the mt week contests and knowing I will never win anything (even though I meet all the production requirements) plus just plain wore out from trying to move for the past week or so.  tried to get some PTO, but never get approved. and then add to it the 3rd shift blues.  no matter what, just can't keep my eyes open! ...

SR Tips & Tricks
Sep 09, 2011

I am fairly new to SR and have been doing it for about a month.  Does anyone out there have any tips to share on how to become quicker?  I have memorized keyboard commands and am trying to speed up dictation.  Is that all there is to be successful at this? ...

Tips For Those Just Starting DQS 7...smg
May 15, 2012

If you don't like those panels on the side of your text screen showing, you can drag the right and left margins of text screen to widen the text screen.  You can also drag the upper and lower margins.    You can enlarge the size of the font and change the style of the font (which only will change it on your end, not the client's end).  I am not in the program right now, but I think it is under Tools at the top, then click on the tabs to see which one has the font ...

Proofing Tips
Jun 01, 2012

Would anyone be willing to share their proofreading tips. I find that VR requires a much higher level of concentration and focus to catch errors. The text on the screen can become a blur. After a couple of hours it is so easy to "hear" what the voice engine blew out and not catch a small but significant error. I am finding that something that needs to be deleted from the text is actually harder to catch than something that needs to be changed or added. Any tips would be helpful. I do see m ...

Editing Tips
Sep 13, 2012

Hi!  How do you all do it?  I have a job that is 70% editing and about 30% typing.  I can't seem to get any faster with my editing.  I have tried to teach myself to only edit when absolutely necessary (not that I agree with that) and I have turned the speed up.  I am not sure where I am going wrong?  I try to keep with account specifics as well.  BUT I do admit that I still throw in a comma where I think things could be confusing or put in a period with a ...

Marketing Tips?
Jun 25, 2013

I will appreciate any marketing tips anyone can share. I'm a small MTSO and recently lost a client not due to EMR but the client went bankrupt and still owes me some invoices. I've tried cold calling which worked a few years back but nowadays it doesn't seem to work anymore. Thanks in advance. :) ...

Need Advice/tips
Aug 29, 2013

I think I read every single line along with the speech, and I think I double check every single ADT, too.  Then I get back my report back from QA and it's obvious that my mind wandered because there will be a line that is completely off and/or a wrong ADT.  Do you all do this and if not is there any tips you can give me to help me keep focused? ...