A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Didn't know MQ requires credit/background check - in the application process

Posted: Nov 18, 2009

nm

credit check - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]

My ex hires all kinds of people and says they are not checking for the info on your credit but rather for the info about your CRIMINAL record that comes with the credit check. I don't think with HIPAA fines today anyone would even think about selling info.

credit checks - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
Hope the company I have an interview with doesn't do credit checks.

Similar Messages:

Didn't Get Credit For My Last Report Of The Day.
Oct 07, 2010

After my worst day in a long time or maybe ever, I noticed DQScribe was weird when I tried to log out.  Sure enough I checked later and didn't get credit for my last job.  Don't know if it went back into the pool or on through to the customer for free.  I hate this stupid company. ...

Credit Check?
Oct 17, 2012

Now that I have my certification, I am starting my job search. I applied to a medical center in a large city nearby that requires a credit check.  What does my credit history have to do with a job?  ...

What Companies Check Credit Prior To Job Offer
Aug 10, 2010

I gave before thinking about.  Now I am wondering should I have done such a thing.  If have had some financial issues due to the economy and my credit is horrible.  House almost went into foreclosure and such.  Consistently ran out of work until I took a full time in-house position. ...

Background Check
Dec 21, 2010

Has anyone out there not pass the background test through medquist ...

Encompass - Background Check?
Oct 12, 2009

How are they to work for and do they do a background check? Thanks. ...

Background Check For Coders
Apr 12, 2012

I was wondering about what on a background check would prohibit one from getting a job as a coder at a hospital.  I know the obvious, but what about a misdemeanor DUI from the late 1980s on an otherwise clean-as-a-whistle record with someone who has great credit to boot?  Would that be a deal breaker?  The applicant would have the preferred credentials in place and would otherwise be a good candidate.     ...

VA Hospital Background Check Is Horrible!
Oct 12, 2009

You must be fingerprinted and tell them what you've been doing since the day you were born. Whoever said it is just a cursory background check was lying to us. ...

Has Anyone NOT Passed The Background Check For Diskriter? Sm
May 05, 2011

I assume they would let you know.   I was hired, but never heard back from them after that.  I know that my credit score is pretty bad right now ... hope that did not cost me a job.    Still, I would think they would let me know. ...

Does Anyone Know What Is Involved In A VA 'low Risk" Background Check? Sm
Jan 27, 2011

Apparently anyone doing VA work has to have one.  Is it strict?  I am not proud of it, but I had a DUI about 20 years ago -- would that be something that would keep me from transcribing for the hospital?   Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Do VR That Requires Very Little Correction (sm)
Nov 28, 2011

or does VR generally require a lot of corrections?  Is one platform better than another?  I have done just a little bit of VR on EditScript and for the most part it requires very, very few corrections.  ...

Windows 7 With Platform That Requires XP
Aug 11, 2011

Ok here is my question.  Does anyone have Windows 7 Professional on their computer and use it for a platform that requires Windows XP?  The reason I'm asking is...I want to buy a new computer but you cannot get Windows XP any longer, only Windows 7.  I talked to tech support at Dell and they told me that if I am wanting XP, I will need to go with Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate.  They said that XP runs inside of that, whatever that means.  I am wondering since X ...

Requires At Least 1 Weekend Day To Work?
Nov 21, 2011

I've applied at Probity, Accentus and RI Transciption.  Anyone currently working at these companies and if so, do they require weekend work?  I cannot find any scheduling requirements such as Sunday-Thur or Tues through Saturday.  I prefer M-F but I know that's out with most companies.  Thanks !! ...

Just Saw That Texas Requires Coders To Be
Sep 29, 2012

I was just looking at the Tarrant County College website.  It is in Ft Worth.  It said that medical coders in Texas are required to be certified.  Anyone have more info on that? I think it is a great idea.   ...

Tips On How To Land A Job That Requires Experience? Have You Ever...
Jan 21, 2011

landed a job that required experience that you did not have? I am getting so very frustrated. I have a job now that covers maybe a week and a half of groceries every month. I am pretty new to this field, but due to a ridiculously long college program, I have studied for well over a year and I know my stuff. I test very well and I know what I am doing. All I want at this point is a job with work available, but all of the decent deals seem to require experience. I just need some way around this. I ...

Wage And Hour Board Requires OT Pay.
Oct 11, 2012

The U.S. Dept. of Labor requires time and a half pay for all hours over 40 worked in a work week.  (I think only if employee status.)  We are considered piecemeal workers and indeed are eligible for OT pay. This is to be paid at time and a half of your calculated average pay.  I think Nuance is good about paying OT pay as you log in and out on their time clock.  It is time we start including OT hours on our invoices.  You might want to calculate your average hourly r ...

Why Silent Type Requires An In-house Training?
Jun 20, 2010

Does anybody know why Silent Type requires an in-house training?  Is the platform so complicated that it can't be done through a Webinar or even just on the phone?  I've worked for a few places over the years, and there was nothing that couldn't be handled in a phone call with, at most, some graphics in a Go To Meeting type deal.  I just find it curious and makes me worry, like--if the platform is that cumbersome and complicated, do I want to work for them? Even when I w ...

Where Can I Find The Policy That Requires Us To Have A Quality Score Of 99%?
Jul 06, 2012

I am under quality review from my supervisor. My quality score was 97.9%, and my reports are being graded in India from the same 3 people. I asked if I could have some new QAs/QCs because I think they are biased. I was told that was not possible. This is part of my quality review email from my main supervisor. I don't have a permanet TL now: You have until the end of next week to get your quality scores up to 98% and staying there on a consistent basis, or your employm ...

Credit Inquiry
Jul 29, 2012

Anyone else had a credit inquiry alert from Nuance?  This happened lately too.  This is sort of disturbing, and I don't remember applying for any other jobs there too.  I've been working there for a while too.  Don't they have to have my permission to do this? ...

MModal QA Credit
Oct 29, 2013

Let me get this straight, if I send a job to QA for demos or if I am in training and have 100% QA, then when they correct or proof it, when they send it, they get the line count credit!  Is that what I am reading into this?  REALLY?  Please tell me this isn't true.  ...

Keystrokes - B4, Docuscribe Platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD)
Nov 20, 2009

Could anybody please describe these platforms and which one(s) are the better?    B4, Docuscribe platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD).  Thank you. ...

When Did We Stop Getting Credit For Standards? - Sm
Jan 06, 2010

Last night I did two fairly long duplex studies where the doctor says "use my standard" with a lot of "move this, take that out, insert this..."  Not difficult, but time consuming.  When I went in to look at my line count after my shift, I got a total of 20 lines for the two reports, or 16.48 cents!  What gives with this?  Did I miss the memo, or did they just not tell us?  Next week they'll be asking us to pay them when we actually get work. :o( ...

Just Got Turned Down For A MT Job Because Of My Credit Report?
Jul 14, 2010

cant win for losing these days in this field.   Cant WAIT for school to start this fall, so I can start my new career.  This field is pure insanity anymore., a real blow to the ego.  Its like all these years of experience we have mean NOTHING anymore. ...

Can And Should Lousy Credit Prevent Someone From Getting An MT Job?
Jan 27, 2011

If someone has lousy credit, why would this matter for an MT position?  Maybe there are extenuating circumstances why their credit isn't good, like loss of previous job, death in the family or other emergencies.  ...

Anybody Else Out There Using Credit Cards To Live On???
May 17, 2014

Had an excellent job until hospital outsourced 5 years ago, downhill from there.  Paycheck for the last 2 weeks was $88.  I bet over in India they made more than me even with 35 years exp.   I have tried so hard to get credit cards paid down or off, but then we have to use them for buying gas to heat house, buy groceries, buy gas, etc.  I would have nver thought I would be in such a mess like so many of us at my age.   Major back disability and surgery, have not been to ...

Credit For Difficult Dictators
Dec 03, 2014

I took the Enrich module, but didn't see anything about difficult dictators.  Did I miss something?  Sometimes I send a report to QA for blanks and they don't get them either.  Is that still held against us?  ...

Continuing Education Tax Credit For Andrews?
Dec 28, 2010

Anyone know if you can get the tax credit?  I asked the school and they were not sure.  They don't participate in federal financial assistance programs.  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Career Step Educational Tax Credit??
Apr 17, 2012

Hello. My wife just finised the Career Step course in March. She is already employed and doing great. My question is in regards to any 2011 tax credits/breaks we can claim as she studied full time at this program. Can we claim that she was a full time student for at least 5 months? Any thoughts?   Have a great day...   Jeff ...

Credit Report And Coding Jobs
Jul 05, 2013

I have to file bankruptcy in the next month or so. There's no way around that. I am also going to be starting a coding program. A lot of coding employers do a credit check.  I guess I'll finish coding school in a year or so, so by that time, after building back up my credit, will the bankruptcy not matter so much to future employers? ...

Missing Credit For Straight Transcription Typing
Mar 18, 2011

Does anyone seem to be missing credit for straight transcription typing.  I keep meaning to keep track of the straight transcription reports I type compared to ASR even though they are very few and far between, but I swear, every time I do get them, when I review my counts, it seems like some of them are missing.  I am going to try to keep better track of them.  Surely Medquist wouldn't stoop THAT low to cheat us . . . or would they?? ...

TO SHDAs. U Dont Get Line Ct Credit For All Lines Edited. U Only
Oct 07, 2014

x ...