A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone out there in MT land with a back problem - Liz

Posted: Mar 22, 2011

Anyone out there have any back problems and have found the perfect chair or cushion or back support that helps you with comfort while sitting at the computer all day.  Looking for some references.

Upper or Lower Back? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I tend to have upper back problems, and I found that simple stretching helps and also making sure I don't twist "funny" when reaching for books, etc. For lower back, I have an inexpensive lumbar pillow for when I need it.

lower back - Liz

[ In Reply To ..]
I had surgery a few years back but still have some issues with disks and pinching a nerve from time to time. Sitting is the worst and though it does not hurt to sit, I can hardly straigtened up afterward. I was looking for something that would take pressure off my left side while sitting. I am using a memory pillow but it does not help that much.

maybe you could try - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
one of those hernia donut things, or a yoga ball.

I have asked my husband to take the airbag out of the steering column and rig it up for me to use to sit on. Like a sleep number bed for my chair. Then you could adjust the firmness. HMMMM... maybe I should get a patent for that. :)

I use a heating pad daily on my lower back to keep my muscles from spasming.

Tried a Serta chair this time. Everything still hurts... - back, neck, wrist, hips,

[ In Reply To ..]
Days are sure long now.

If you are having muscle spasms this will stop them (sm) - Yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.magneticclay.com/store/magnesium-oil-ancient-minerals-8.aspx

It took me about 6 months of using this daily to get mine under control...had spasms really bad. I could feel them start in my buttock go all the way up my back into my neck. Now I just use it occasionally. The bottle lasts about 4-5 months so $29.00 is not too bad. Also, does good to rub in the oil and use heating pad at the same time.

Similar Messages:

How Do You Land That First Job?
May 25, 2010

I heard that coding is a career where it is hard to land that first job because experience is wanted. Is that true? I'd appreciate any input. ...

MT CO-OP. Am I In Fantasy Land? (sm)
Jan 30, 2014

Those of us who have many years experience know that very, very few doctors can be trusted to actually proof and correctly edit their reports.  Am I wrong in thinking that this will lead to a lot more malpractice suits which will cause malpractice insurance to dramatically rise?  We know that they want to replace us completely, but will the doctors learn to dictate the first name and address, email or fax of all the docs they wish to cc?  Of course not.  This necessitates off ...

HAPPY NEW EARS TO YOU ALL IN MQ LAND
Dec 31, 2009

No it is not a typo, and yes I am drinking.  So what.  ...

There Must Be Problems In MM ASR Land Today.
Jun 17, 2013

Getting a lot of straight typing on accounts that are normally 99% ASR. ...

Tips On How To Land A Job That Requires Experience? Have You Ever...
Jan 21, 2011

landed a job that required experience that you did not have? I am getting so very frustrated. I have a job now that covers maybe a week and a half of groceries every month. I am pretty new to this field, but due to a ridiculously long college program, I have studied for well over a year and I know my stuff. I test very well and I know what I am doing. All I want at this point is a job with work available, but all of the decent deals seem to require experience. I just need some way around this. I ...

Land Mines And Booby Traps
Nov 26, 2013

I am having one of THOSE days where there are tons of errors! The numbering on meds and diagnoses are wrong about 90% of the time! They tell us our PERCENT OF ACCURACY. What is the ACCURACY of VR????? I'll bet doctors would be horrified if they saw the stuff that we need to fix, except they are too busy to give a crap about us. Days like this I just feel like I am walking through a field packed with land mines, knowing I have a good chance of stepping on one! Does anyone else get sc ...

Moving To No Mans Land Aka Paradise.. Internet Options Suggestions Needed!
Oct 21, 2010

I am only able to find a privately owned local phone company in this small town to offer Internet, through the phone, requires a landline (which I really did not need). Pricing: $100.  For 750 min long distance, call waiting, caller ID, DSL - 3MB.  VERY expensive just for internet and phone line!Insane...ALL calls ANYWHERE except within just two small communities within 5 miles of our new house are long distance!  So, we will be using our cell phones for all calls. There are no ot ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Dang It - DQS Back Up But My Job Did Not Come Back To Me.
Mar 31, 2011

. ...

I'm Back...I'm Back In The Saddle Again!!!!
Jul 02, 2014

Back to being an MT, and yes, I am excited about that. ...

Well, Back To NJA Again..
Oct 27, 2009

Oh dear, here it goes again. ...NJA and a whole week to go on this pay period.  Due to my sickness I had to take off my 3a-5a shift, but now cannot get work to make up.   I long ago used up all my PTO.   Arrgggghhh.  Arggghhhh.   Argghhhh.  Argghhh.  I am practicing my pirate sounds for Halloween.  I've already got the screaming banshee routine down so much I have nothing but low growly voice left. ...

I Wonder If They'd Take Me Back.
Jun 22, 2011

I quit last July because they couldn't keep me "transcriptioning," sent my resignation to my supervisor, and then received a letter in October stating that I was terminated.   Loved it!  And I'm thinking of reapplying.  Ought to be an interesting experience.. lol..  just love it!  I don't have anything else to do, and what other company would let you not work for 3 months before they terminated you?   Did I mention how much I love this ...

I Got Back Into DQS
Nov 04, 2010

I just got back in so maybe problem is fixed?! ...

Getting Back In To MT
Dec 06, 2010

Thanks so much for any advice! I am newly divorced and working at a call center, and I have an MT certificate from Everett Community College, and even though I have lost 1/2 of my stuff thanks to my ex, I seem to have held on to my foot pedal, software, and that is about it. I would like to start over and try to find an MT job. I had an excellent GPA in school but have never worked. I graduated in 2007. Am I crazy to try? I figure it is now or never, anyway. If someone here is optimistic enough ...

Getting Back Into The Biz
Mar 15, 2011

Hi all, I'm getting back into editing after a 5-year hiatus.  I'm being offered .06 cpl at this time.  Back in the day, it was an hourly wage I made.. so, am trying to figure out what it's going to take volume wise to make a decent paycheck.  Anyone have any suggestions for me?  Thanks, I appreciate this site  and your input very much! ...

DQS Back Up For Me...nm
Jun 11, 2012

nm ...

MM Wants Me Back
Sep 17, 2012

ok so after 13 years, having to resort to food stamps and borrowing money to make my rent, I leave MM approx 2-1/2 months ago to to type for 2 docs and 2 PAs in a private practice at $15/hr, no weekends, no holidays, beautiful office building, 1 hour lunch...and I get a call asking if I would consider coming back to MM ... AND I wouldn't even have to test for them!. ha....ha ha....ha ha ha....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Anyone Back In Yet?
Oct 31, 2012

Just wanna take a nap. ...

Im Back Up
Nov 26, 2012

:) ...

Looking To Get Back Into MT???
Dec 15, 2012

I worked in medical transcription for about 3 years, but it has been about 3 years since I have done it. I really need to get back into it due to the fact my family needs the extra income. I cannot work outside the home because my daughter has special needs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Is Anyone Else Back In?
Nov 11, 2013

Everything (for me) seems to be uploading/downloading OK.  Light is still red though.  ...

BACK AND FORTH!!!!!!
Mar 12, 2014

Since the announcement of MModal bankruptcy, I have had such mixed feelings.  First of all, I have just begun my 17th year with this company.  I have been through many TSMs or whatever they are now.  I have only had 1 that was totally unreasonable which I guess is pretty fortunate.  Like everyone else, I make about half the money I used to with this company.  I am a tier 3 MT and have been since the beginning.  I have 30 years of MT experience, have a degree in heal ...

I Want To Go Back To My Old Job
Mar 25, 2014

I left in good standing I think! Two week notice, exit interview, good words about company, etc. ...

Wish I Had My Old MT Job Back...
Jun 29, 2014

I am still at M*Modal but have a different position which I thought was going to be a promotion, but I am not as enthused about it as I first was. Is it possible to go back to being an MT (since I am already an employee) even though there is a hiring freeze? How could I ask anonymously? ...

OK Now Back Up!
Sep 25, 2014

x ...

Has Anyone Been Able To Get Back In Yet?
Oct 01, 2014

. ...

Is Everyone Back In Now?
Oct 01, 2014

x ...

Anybody Back In Yet?
Nov 12, 2014

nm ...

Anybody Back Down?
Nov 27, 2014

can't log into server ...