A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

100% FIESA review demand - Say what?

Posted: Jun 12, 2015

You WILL check your FIESA alerts and you WILL do it now. We WON'T pay you for your time and we WON'T care that your unpaid efforts will result in a decrease in your already abysmal pay. Just DO it. Yeah--right. I'm gonna respond to THAT request--not.

and who sent you that message - all smiles

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone for management or your TSM sent you that message?

TSM-I paraphrased it, of course! Thx for asking, - Smiley :-) nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

they keep trying - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I can't get an answer as to why this needs - to be done

[ In Reply To ..]
So I'm not doing it either.

I get so angry I invariably write a nasty to the QA person that docked my pay, then they in turn get mad at me for reminding them of their part in doing the dirty work (poor widdle them, it's not their fault, why are we making them feel so bad?) and they complain to my TSM about me. So why must we do this?

Maybe that would be some way to make a chink in the armor of the wage theft that Nuance is perpetrating. Can they force us to do FIESA without compensation for time spent (and stress and health issues due to rising blood pressure and depression) doing this highly onerous task of "accepting" our "grievous" errors, when after all our acceptance appears to make absolutely no difference to our pay or anything?

They take those points off and that money off whether you agree or not, you can spend hours fighting it only for them to say no reversal, time and again.

FIESA is just rubbing our noses in innocent mistakes and no matter how great an MT you are, you will make those mistakes. We are not "learning" anything, except that Nuance is using FIESA not to improve transcription but to improve their profits off our backs.

BS on that. They will take that money off us whether we sign that box that we accept it or not. I accept I made an error, I do NOT accept they should have the right to dock my pay for same.

Agree completely - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I just look at my emails to see what my errors are. What's the point of going into FIESA? Waste of time. TSM seems to be real anxious that we sign off. Wonder why.

I don't think they can fire you for not - signing off

[ In Reply To ..]
Or it would be in the manual, which it is not.

I have in the past given in after a few of those type emails, but this time I will wait for some clear instruction as to why this is necessary or maybe even an honest request and explanation (I wouldn't want to get my TSM's pay docked, for example).

I do realize QA is doing their job, but is it me or are they really looking lately to get points off us, and are they almost always inflating the errors?

I have gotten some outrageously overblown errors within the last few months, some of which I have gotten reduced, but that really annoys me more than anything. Guilty until proven innocent again, and it's all on us to fight for it.

If QA are so brilliant and so much more knowledgeable than us, why can't they put the minor errors in the correct (low points off) categories. In my experience they are beefing up the points off and blatantly trying to make every error into a bigger error which really doesn't fit, and maybe hoping we don't notice? Or something? Why would that be?

My guess is they are being incentivized somehow to do that OR they are being penalized for not getting enough points off (that sounds more like Nuance - always the stick, never the carrot), or maybe even they are told to target some of us, and if that's the case they deserve to get chastised over it. If they are not, then why would they try to take extra points off, honestly?

We will never know I guess, but there is something going on and it's not good.
inflating errors by QA - all smiles
[ In Reply To ..]
Doubt that it is intentional.

I suspect it is the way the errors show up on the drop-down menu. Highest points first to lowest points last. As soon as they find the right category, I suspect they just click and send without searching further down the menu for the appropriate point value.

I think the menu was intentionally set up that way by N because it is human nature/behavior to stop when you think you have the right choice and not bother to read the other choices.

Happens with multiple choice tests in college where 2 or 3 choices are 'right' but one is 'more right' than another and your job is to pick the 'most right' amongst the choices.

Saw a lot of classmates get screwed royally by choosing the first 'correct' answer they came to without reading the rest.
I can't agree with that analysis, since by now - QA have to know how much it costs us
[ In Reply To ..]
Why would they be careless when they have to know it would mean a big chunk of change off our paychecks?

They're not the ones getting screwed royally if they over-inflate our errors, we are. Do they even get their hand slapped if they get a reversal for that?

I do think it is intentional. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt and guess that they are being played in some fashion by Nuance too.

These errors are ultimately our paychecks they're playing with, and even I wouldn't think QA would be careless about someone else's paycheck. That would be inhuman.
Almost robotic - smh
[ In Reply To ..]
QA knows what they're doing, and many hate the awful role they're playing in this Nuance drama. The so-called QA program has been revamped to the point that the majority of errors, no matter how inconsequential they are in the real patient-care world, are critical 3 pointers in Nuance's world. They have a reference list created from their own reversals that they cite to justify their scoring criteria (yes, circular reasoning). They are working hard to make every possibility fit into a nice, neat box, which of course is not feasible when dealing with human beings dictating in vastly different patient-care situations. Does this QA program help patient care? No. It's to help make the QA process simpler as eliminating gray areas will ultimately make the QA process programmable. This process also helps the company's bottom line since QA scores are tied directly to MT pay. Is it working? No. MTs and QCs are caught in a catch-22. If they leave a blank because they can't hear or don't know something they risk the idiotic 10% QC limit. If they fill in the info they might be hearing to avoid the 10% they risk poor QA, both of which decrease their pay. The only thing that's working is the company is forcing a mass exodus of their work force who are tired of the games. If that was the company's goal, that is working.
A reference list created from - their own reversals
[ In Reply To ..]
That they cite to justify their scoring criteria? Hmmm.

Are you making reference to MT unsuccessful reversals (in favor of the QA)?

If that is what you mean it sounds like basically if we are unsuccessful in a reversal they then turn around and say, well, since the error was not reversed I must be right so I can do it to every instance of this I come across?

Sounds suspiciously like that HEENT ("corrected" to HENT with 1 point off on post audit) bogus error they were pulling a while back. I notice they stopped that though. Wonder what happened there?

Interesting to think they could possibly be intending to attempt to automate QA as well. That cannot end well, although I imagine it would be better than non-English speaking or ESL QA, from what I have heard.

Kind of depressing to think even QA aren't getting anything out of this error-inflating/salary-deflating of MTs, you would think to have to do such an odious job they would at least make bank.

Obviously, they want you to sign off very badly. I could only - imagine it covers Nuisance legally SM

[ In Reply To ..]
in some way, under their convoluted and "blanked" up rules. That part makese sense, TSMs are pushing MTs to do whatever management tells them to tell you, which is admit your own "guilt" by signing off on this garbage, which then covers them in some way. Logical reasoning they're going to do everything they can to protect themselves and let the MT lay in the ditch when all is said and done.
Good point...didn't think of that. nm - Too bad, so sad
[ In Reply To ..]
x

check fiesa now - all smiles

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, if you TSM actually put in the e-mail that you must check FIESA and that you will not get paid for it, I'd keep 100 copies of that e-mail if I were you.

TSM didn't actually say that--just my irritated sarcasm - Sorry for the confusion! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Post Audit And Quality Review FIESA
May 25, 2014

I think it is amazing how they can QA 20 reports and 17 of them are over 99% and are quality review so it means nothing towards qualifying for anything but the 3 that are post audit they have managed to find errors bringing my  score down to where I can't qualify for anything.  Very ironic if you ask me.  ...

How To Pend A Report For Review When You Are On 100% Review
May 12, 2014

Help.  I know you send a report with no questions with Control N but forgot how to send reports for review. ...

Which Is In More Demand
Apr 13, 2010

I am trying to figure out what type of coding to take.  Which is in more demand?  CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P  or something else?  Thank you ...

Can An IC Demand Hourly Pay Or Does It Have To Be Cpl?
Nov 06, 2009

Can an IC demand hourly pay or does it have to be cpl? ...

We Need To Demand More Pay As A Profession
Aug 06, 2010

Just need to vent. I have been a medical transcriptionist since the late 1980s and I have seen the trend to cut our pay consistently over the years. It look over 20 years for me to gain the experience I have, in most specialities I might add.  It is very disconcerting to have a company offer 7 to 8 cpl with my experience.   Now, with voice recognition (which it seems most of the larger companies out there have), our pays are cut even more so.  I might add, at least for me, ...

They Wouldn't Have To Demand
Oct 02, 2012

they would put people on their strength worktypes and specialities instead of put us on what we are the weakest at and then complain b/c they are constantly out of TAT.  Just amazing to me how we were asked what our strengths and weaknesses were and after that email, I was put on my weakest out of everything.  Perhaps I am the only one to realize that if you were given the work that you are strongest at, you would be able to go through it faster, but not with Nuance, they seem to thin ...

Those Telling You MT Is In Demand
Mar 18, 2013

Please don't listen to those telling you that MT is in demand. Those are either schools. or recruiters who work for MTSOs. I suppose we could twist this to mean that MTs are still needed, but what they don't tell you is that the pay is horrendous these days. That being said, if one still chooses to do it, go in with your eyes WIDE OPEN and remember these posts......   ...

What's The Most Obnoxious Demand You Have Received?
May 21, 2012

One I found irritation was the doctor calling at 11:30 at night for stat transcriptions...on a regular basis. I had another client who used a recorder and spoke into the speaker instead of mic. Another would dictate an entire paragraph, v e r y s l o w l y, and then say "scratch that" and start over. ...

When They Demand & Threaten To Force You To Work OT,
Mar 29, 2012

they can count me out.  When I feel like part of a team & am asked nicely to help when they're backlogged, I'm more than happy to help.  I think the power goes to some of their heads.  We're not children... ...

Demand-type Myocardial Infarction?
May 02, 2014

Patient has COPD, pericarditis, and emphysema. One of the dx listed s/l "demand type" myocardial infarction. This is for a cardiology followup note. TIA ...

Why Don't Facilities Simply Demand 98% Accuracy From VR Vendors? (nm)
Apr 02, 2015

. ...

Swap Board....back? By Popular Demand?
Apr 06, 2015

Apparently, my team (lucky us) has been selected to participate in a pilot to bring back the Swap Board.  If my memory serves me correctly, it was a ginormous disaster the last time they tried to force it upon us.  This on top of the back log of work, mandatory overtime and switching accounts?  Really?  Am I in the Twilight Zone?   ugh...first resume sent last week...more to follow for sure. ...

I'm Starting To Demand To Know A Line Rate In Initial Contact W/company
Feb 06, 2011

... or they tapdance around the question, I'll bluntly refuse right then and there. I saw some positive remarks, so I thought, on here not long ago so I applied to FastChart.  Then after that, find comments about their low pay rate.  I just got a response back from them after about 2 weeks.  Unless someone is truly desperate and needs to take anything they can get, please try to start demanding a line rate before you waste your time testing and jumping through all those hoo ...

Hackers Demand $10 Million After Hijacking Millions Of Virginia Medical Records
Dec 22, 2009

This was in a UK paper but I don't recall hearing about it here in the US. Hmmm.....I wonder why.  Here's the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178276/Hackers-demand--10m-ransom-hijacking-millions-medical-records.html ...

Review
Sep 16, 2010

I am a new MT who has only been in the business since March.  I still review every single one of my reports...I did stop listening to them again since I am comfortable with that part...My question is what is a normal amount of time to auctally stop going over the reports again?...I do understand sometimes that it is necessary to sometimes go back over them. Problem is work is picking up and I simply can not keep spending too much time going back over them, not to mention that it dips into p ...

On Review Of Systems ..
Jun 17, 2010

On review of systems, under "constitutional" ______ s/l moyes and fatigue. ...

Review Of An MRCP
Aug 13, 2010

"Bilobed microsystem is noted by the pancreas with abduction of the body and tail immediately adjacent to normal pancreatic duct. " The sentences immediately preceeding this are "Common bile duct and intrahepatic ducts appear normal.  No obstructions are noted."  The sentence after it is "Early developing cystic neoplasm is considered likely; typically these are benign or nonaggressive."   So it would go:  "Common bile duct and intrahepatic ducts appear normal.  No ob ...

Platform Review
Mar 01, 2011

What are all the platforms out there (chartnet, wedmedx, etc) and what are the benefits and downsides of each one? ...

10-System Review?
Sep 28, 2011

Admission H&P Dictaties "ten system review unable to obatin".  Is it REVIEW OF SYSTEMS:  Ten-system review, unable to obtain. 10-SYSTEM REVIEW:  Unable to obtain. Or something completely different. =/ ...

Editscript Review
Jul 16, 2012

Does anyone know how to compare before and after views of QAd reports? i.e. the before and after view to compare what was typed versus what was corrected. ???   Thanks!  ...

Grammar Review
Sep 03, 2013

Sometimes, we can get into bad habits, and I was wondering about your thoughts on the sentence below regarding comma usage (I tend to overuse commas) "I advised a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet, and, for your information, your body mass index today is 40.2, which, by definition, places you into the obese range."   ...

Nuance Review
Dec 14, 2013

How long do people usually stay in review?  Also, I noticed that on my pay, Nuance had to kick in some money because I didn't even make minimum wage. How long will they do that? ...

Review Of Systems
Jul 25, 2014

Dictator says this: REVIEW OF SYSTEMS: There was no concerns about eyesight, cardiovascular, GI, GU, musculoskeletal, dermatologic, endocrine, hematologic, (s/l renalcologic) systems. I cannot find anything to verify if he is actually saying renalcologic or maybe craniologic. It's about a 2-year-old girl with a possible genetic disorder.   ...

NEW Review Time
Feb 26, 2015

I hope everyone had a great week last week, because your compensation for the week of 3/6 is now going to be dependent upon that compensation rate.  "Great news," they're going to allow a long time for OUR review process, so in order to implement it, they're going to use the 2/14 - 2/20 pay period for the compensation rate two weeks from now as part of the implementation.   That means, if you transcribe 10,000 lines and even if you get 100%, which should be 1,255.00, if ...

Review Of Systems Question
Dec 09, 2009

The physician dictates: REVIEW OF SYSTEMS: Has had myringotomy tubes placed. She has good hearing. There are no concerns about: eye sight, cardiovascular, GI, GU, musculoskeletal, s/l dermatalon chicken, s/l decron hematologic or immunologic systems. Does anyone know what these two terms are? ...

Review Of Systems - Gastrointestinal
Mar 03, 2010

Gastrointestinal: No history of (s/l poontons), peptic ulcer disease, but had diverticulosis and irritable bowel syndrome. ...

Again - Did Anyone Apply For The Medical Review Job At NU? Nm
Jun 05, 2010

nm ...

Review Of A Job Placement Company
Sep 03, 2010

Does anyone know anything about a job placement company called "Remote Contractor Job Placement Svc"  (RCJPS)?? ...

Glassdoor.com, Anonymously Review MQ
Nov 01, 2010

I have found this website so helpful.  Not just for MQ, but for any company I am looking into.  People anonymously can post what they make hourly/monthly/yearly and give real feedback for the company.  Don't worry, it isn't owned by MQ...:)    glassdoor.com  Even if you don't want to post there, you can at least see what others have had to say! ...

QA Hourly Or Not 100 Percent Review?
Nov 15, 2010

Anyone know who hires QA hourly or is not 100 percent review? If so, what is the hourly rate? Company info such as ins would be greatly appreciated! I have 5 1/2 years exp in QA if that makes a difference. Thanks so much! ...