A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Surprised there's no mention on this board - cr

Posted: Aug 23, 2014

of the millions of medical records that were hacked into by Chinese hackers:

"A group of sophisticated Chinese hackers, known for its high-stakes corporate espionage has a history of stealing medical-device blueprints, prescription-drug formulas and other valuable intellectual property from large health-care companies."

http://bloom.bg/1sQpVdV

In the article, it mentions a Franklin, Tennessee company.

OMG, this is huge! - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm amazed nobody's heard about this, and the source (Bloomberg) is apparently reliable. I checked Snopes, and nothing there.

Hackers - mmmt

[ In Reply To ..]
The article clearly names "Community Health Systems, a Franklin, Tennessee-based hospital chain." Not, our ever so benevolent employer, as your lack of company name implies.

who do you suppose does the transcription - for that TN based chain?

[ In Reply To ..]
hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Spheris - CT

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no Spheris. - MQ/MModal bought Spheris
[ In Reply To ..]
nice try, though
I think they were implying that - Speris became MModal
[ In Reply To ..]
So, they were trying to say that MModal does their transcription.

The Franklin TN chain is huge and they brought out - HMA in the past year or so

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

And I Forgot To Mention
Aug 21, 2010

most of the "helpful service" people have Indian sounding names, but have been "assured" the work is not being outsourced.  I get so worked up I forget the point of my messages!  ...

No Mention Of Christmas
Dec 23, 2013

How cheap can a company be to not send their employees even a Christmas card or a FREE e-mail card for Christmas.  This company is so heartless!!! ...

Surprised!
Dec 14, 2010

I got a new computer from MQ today!  It is a slimmer CPU that can either stand or lay on a desk, its really small, AND a flat screen monitor and these awesome headphones with volume control on the headset!  I'm so happy!  (Now if I had some work to do...)  haha!  ...

Surprised
Dec 11, 2014

Boy was i surprised today.  I work as a coder for a large midwestern teaching hospital network/medical college.  We have an aggregate of about 900 inpatient beds, 160-some outpatient clinics on our campus, plus multiple satellite sites, 3 ERs and several urgent cares. a cancer center, a heart hospital, and 2 ambulatory surgery centers - so lots of transcription.  Today at our CODING meeting while discussing some upcoming changes to our epic system and striving for improved documen ...

Posters Mention The Big 2 Companies. What Big 2 ?
Dec 12, 2012

I may be out of the loop.  I know that the big Canadian A (eh?) gobbled up a lot of USA companies, then gobbled up MM, then the big A  got gobbled up by the N.  And now I thought we are all the N.  Is there another big company ? ...

I'm A Little Puzzled By The Accentus Ad. They Mention Sm
Mar 22, 2013

the STAR team and such, but as a part of Nuance, I thought everything would be assimilated and such distinctions would be gone. I worked part time at Accentus for about 5 minutes but the STAR team did sound intriguing, as in maybe there would be a chance to make some money. I looked at the Nuance board but didn't really get any clues. ...

Surprised No One Commented Yet...
Apr 05, 2010

or are we just so numb that we just expected it?  I read that update...no 401k matches for 2009 and no approved employee merit raises for 2010.  BUT we should be happy with all the other benes we are given, according to the suits. Well let's see...I have the "benefit" of watching my pay drop over the last few years.  I have the "benefit" of not seeing a pay raise.  I have the "benefit" of seeing NJA almost every day.    I know I am not alone.  Aren& ...

Pleasantly Surprised
Sep 28, 2010

I don't know what's going on at the Q, and I know I'm going to jinx it, but I've had 14 reports in a row of straight typing!!!!  If this keeps up I'm gonna work until is stops!  Honey! Put on another pot of coffee!!!     ...

Surprised And Confused
Aug 11, 2014

I am never OOW with Nuance.  I am busy all day long everyday.  It blows my mind to hear that people run out of work constantly and can't make money.  The money isn't great I know, but it's not bottom of the pile either.  I worked at a lot of places before and had problems with TMs, OOW, low compensation, horrible hours and schedule, but not here.  I must be lucky or something.  ...

Please Mention Our Plight To Doctors On Visits!
Sep 05, 2013

I seriously doubt that the dictators we edit know who or what is doing the work, or if any editing is required.  Since doctors stay in such closed groups, posting on their sites only gets deleted. It's important that they know we are being paid less than any other profession in the world.  Is that how important their patient's records are to them?  Self supporting experienced MEs are losing their home and joining the homeless.  Do these dictators want to have to lea ...

On The Probity Site They Make No Mention That
Dec 19, 2013

they are now Nuance.  On their testimonial page, Kelly says - And my job isn't going to India.  I wonder what her testimony is now.  When I think of Nuance I think of the Star Trek Borg.  Unemotional mechanical perfection is the Borg's only motivation.  Well, I guess they can't really be called the Borg because Nuance's motivation seems to be greed.  I wish they would put what I think of them on their testimony page.  ...

Surprised No One Has Mentioned MT Week Yet. Nm
May 20, 2014

ff ...

No Longer Surprised But Always Still Upset--sm
Nov 06, 2014

Yes, I have seen this enough times that it no longer surprises me.  There were 18 reports on my primary.  I have an hour left of my shift.  When I anticipated downloading the next one, all 18 were gone, gone, gone.  It is upsetting.  I would try adjusting my schedule but it would do no good, there normally is too little work during that time as it is.  I already will be taking about 3 hours of PTO for being OOW on Sunday.  It would be 4 but I have made up some ...

2012 MT Of The Year Forgot To Mention That She Was Taxed
May 23, 2013

x ...

Current Job Postings Still Mention Quarterly Bonus
Dec 30, 2014

only some accounts move to this new exciting pay grid junk? ...

Although I"m Not Surprised To Read This Story, I AM
Mar 16, 2010

- the medical transcription schools, weren't mentioned.  Most likely it's because more people the below-mentioned classes than MT.  Still, it's proof that when times are hard, there are vultures out there preying on those who are just trying to get by:   One fast–growing American industry has become a conspicuous beneficiary of the recession: for–profit colleges and trade schools. At institutions that train students for careers in areas like health ...

Even If Nuance Were To Announce A Raise, The Part They Fail To Mention Is That
Nov 04, 2014

Contracts are renegotiated regularly, so even if you were on an account that did not permit offshoring at any point in the past, you will sign in one day and discover WTs missing that you used to type and can watch whole blocks of reports disappear from your queue.  Nuance's survival depends upon this, and they don't care diddly squat about yours. So, dream on...and on...and on about line rates, bonuses being easier to get because of less nitpicking, etc., it isn't going to ...

With All The KS Bashing Here Any Time Anyone Mentions Them, I Wouldn't Be Surprised
Oct 04, 2011

This is how it went for Webmedx a few months before they sold to Nuance.  I sure hope not, because I love my job and do not want to go back to working for Medquist. ...

Fairly New And Was Pleasantly Surprised To Get A Generous Bonus
Dec 10, 2014

Is this a profit sharing bonus or do we normally get a bonus around Thanksgiving every year, and will we also get a Christmas bonus. Thx ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

Just Kind Of Surprised With MTs And "computer Issues"
Oct 08, 2012

I am really surprised at the number of MTs who have been on recently asking about which companies provide computers.  The advantage to having a company-provided computer is that if something happens to said computer, then the company has to provide technical support or provide you with a replacement computer.  Precyse, the last I knew, sends out a Netbook computer, so you still need a monitor, etc and there is no way that you can load your "own programs" or even be able to access the i ...

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

Capitalization - Is It.. Board Certified Or Board Certified ?
Mar 08, 2011

is it.. Board Certified or board certified ? ...

New Board!
Oct 13, 2009

Sad we have to have a board to address this!  I don't think anything is going to change no matter how much we complain.  Making money is every MTSOS bottom line.....  Transcription services are just following everyone else to India, etc.  ...

What Board?
Nov 17, 2009

I was looking at a board last night, don't remember which one, but it was here.  There was a link to another job board, not MT Jobs.  I need to now what it was.  If anybody knows, please let me know.  Thanks. ...

Key Board
Jan 29, 2012

Has anyone found a decent keyboard to use with the new computer.  I hate this one.  I cannot feel the keys, because they are as flat as a pancake (if not flatter).  I want to go out and buy one, but don't know what would be compatible....another Del keyboard?  Please help. ...

I'm Not Sure If This Is The Right Board, But It Is
Jan 14, 2013

It is so very frustrating!  I type for a wound care clinic, and, of course, a great deal of the patients there are diabetic, as am I.  About a year ago I learned from my diabetic teacher that a local supermarket chain pharmacy offers all diabetic supplies and meds for free, whether you are insured or not.   At least once every couple of weeks I type a note in which the doctor says the patient hasn't been able to afford his/her diabetes medication or insulin, and they seem to ...

Well You Would Think That MTs On This Board
Jan 18, 2014

would appreciate updates of warnings, but I guess not. I will not post here again to warn anyone of anything. Sick of being trolled! ...

I Think TTS Should Have Own Board. Nm
Jun 30, 2014

nm ...

What's Up With This Ad On Another Board For OB
Jan 29, 2015

You see it periodically, OB, radiology, and something else but it's pretty clear the work will be OB.  The test consists of 3 files (getting this from the ad) and you should finish it in less than 2 hours.  3 files?  How long are the files?  So, my real question is (the other two were thiinking out loud), does this ad get run periodically to clear out the backlog or is it really a legit job and why does it come up so often?  It's not the exact same ad everytime ...