A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fairly new and was pleasantly surprised to get a generous bonus - AHD MT

Posted: Dec 10, 2014

Is this a profit sharing bonus or do we normally get a bonus around Thanksgiving every year, and will we also get a Christmas bonus. Thx

I was pleasantlysurprised as well! - ETOHPRN

[ In Reply To ..]
They have been really nice with giving sweet gifts this time of year over the years, but never anything like that before! I certainly would never expect it to happen on any regular basis or even ever again though. ;)

surprised - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Awesome for you guys. ..who in the world are you fortunate enough to wotk for

Probably best not to expect anything, then you will not be sm - Another AHD MT

[ In Reply To ..]
disappointed if you do not receive anything, pleasantly surprised if you do. I have not been there a year yet, so I have no idea what they do at Christmas, but they gave a nice gift at MT week and the Thanksgiving bonus was a wonderful surprise. Compared to the other Maine company I worked for, this is a breath of fresh air.

Similar Messages:

Pleasantly Surprised
Sep 28, 2010

I don't know what's going on at the Q, and I know I'm going to jinx it, but I've had 14 reports in a row of straight typing!!!!  If this keeps up I'm gonna work until is stops!  Honey! Put on another pot of coffee!!!     ...

Generous Deep Tendon Reflexes?
Aug 24, 2010

Full sentence is "concerned about the possibility of compressive cervical myelopathy in the presence of generous (?) deep tendon reflexes and in the face of polyneuropathy seen on EMG." ...

What's A Fairly Hourly Rate?
May 19, 2011

I've been out of the transcription loop for the last 2 years while I've been getting my registered nursing degree.   I did transcription for 20 years until I got tired of the nonsense.  I'm done with school, studying to take my boards, but have been offered an hourly part-time position.  Can someone tell me what hourly pay is going for now?   I was production paid for most of my transcribing years for the last few years I took an hourly employee ...

Need Advice; Fairly New At Medquist
Jun 07, 2011

Hi.  Sure glad to find a place where I can "talk" to other MTs who work where I do, different than what I am used to, as I was used to being able to email co-workers!  It gets lonely.  And I don't get much info from my supervisor.  Anyone work on the SSM Accounts?  Know what has happened to the work?  I am wondering whether I should just start working for my second job full time.  It is straight transcription, a small company, and I get no benefits but muc ...

As A Fairly New Ambulatory Employee (less Than 6 Mos)
Dec 03, 2014

I understand nothing of this.  I don't understand FIESA because I was not under it.  However, what I do understand is a cut in pay.  I'm doing well right now if make $200.00/week, mostly OOW, working a total of probably 3 days a week, and $200/week is actually on the higher side of the estimate.  So, here is my prayer for me and all you warriors.  Come Lord Jesus, come.  Deliver us out of Egypt, from this Pharaoh known as Nuance.  Such deception is a ...

Patient Continued To Run A Fairly High (s/l) Captovil
Jun 27, 2013

cantovil/captobil      Patient is 3-year-old boy with Kawasaki ...

Surprised!
Dec 14, 2010

I got a new computer from MQ today!  It is a slimmer CPU that can either stand or lay on a desk, its really small, AND a flat screen monitor and these awesome headphones with volume control on the headset!  I'm so happy!  (Now if I had some work to do...)  haha!  ...

Surprised
Dec 11, 2014

Boy was i surprised today.  I work as a coder for a large midwestern teaching hospital network/medical college.  We have an aggregate of about 900 inpatient beds, 160-some outpatient clinics on our campus, plus multiple satellite sites, 3 ERs and several urgent cares. a cancer center, a heart hospital, and 2 ambulatory surgery centers - so lots of transcription.  Today at our CODING meeting while discussing some upcoming changes to our epic system and striving for improved documen ...

Are There Any Companies That Have Good Health Insurance And Fairly Cheap? Sm
Feb 03, 2011

I go to the doctor a lot and have a lot of prescriptions, so I need a company that has good health insurance, and hopefully doesn't charge a lot for it.  I used to work at OSi and was thinking about going back there, but another poster on here said their insurance is $1000 a month for family!!!  Thanks for your help!      ...

Are There Any Good Quality Fairly Inexpensive Alternatives To ExpressScribe?
Sep 28, 2013

Was given some sample dictation to listen to and could play it on Google Chrome and it sounded very clear, but when I played it with Express Scribe (even using the special audio processes) it sounded a lot worse - more like in a tin can and a bit scratchy. For the "real" dictation, I'll have to use ExpressScribe or some other player. Thanks for the suggestions. ...

Surprised No One Commented Yet...
Apr 05, 2010

or are we just so numb that we just expected it?  I read that update...no 401k matches for 2009 and no approved employee merit raises for 2010.  BUT we should be happy with all the other benes we are given, according to the suits. Well let's see...I have the "benefit" of watching my pay drop over the last few years.  I have the "benefit" of not seeing a pay raise.  I have the "benefit" of seeing NJA almost every day.    I know I am not alone.  Aren& ...

Surprised And Confused
Aug 11, 2014

I am never OOW with Nuance.  I am busy all day long everyday.  It blows my mind to hear that people run out of work constantly and can't make money.  The money isn't great I know, but it's not bottom of the pile either.  I worked at a lot of places before and had problems with TMs, OOW, low compensation, horrible hours and schedule, but not here.  I must be lucky or something.  ...

Has Anyone Here Ever Been Paid The Signon Bonus, Or Referral Bonus? Nm
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

Surprised No One Has Mentioned MT Week Yet. Nm
May 20, 2014

ff ...

Surprised There's No Mention On This Board
Aug 23, 2014

of the millions of medical records that were hacked into by Chinese hackers: "A group of sophisticated Chinese hackers, known for its high-stakes corporate espionage has a history of stealing medical-device blueprints, prescription-drug formulas and other valuable intellectual property from large health-care companies." http://bloom.bg/1sQpVdV In the article, it mentions a Franklin, Tennessee company.   ...

No Longer Surprised But Always Still Upset--sm
Nov 06, 2014

Yes, I have seen this enough times that it no longer surprises me.  There were 18 reports on my primary.  I have an hour left of my shift.  When I anticipated downloading the next one, all 18 were gone, gone, gone.  It is upsetting.  I would try adjusting my schedule but it would do no good, there normally is too little work during that time as it is.  I already will be taking about 3 hours of PTO for being OOW on Sunday.  It would be 4 but I have made up some ...

Although I"m Not Surprised To Read This Story, I AM
Mar 16, 2010

- the medical transcription schools, weren't mentioned.  Most likely it's because more people the below-mentioned classes than MT.  Still, it's proof that when times are hard, there are vultures out there preying on those who are just trying to get by:   One fast–growing American industry has become a conspicuous beneficiary of the recession: for–profit colleges and trade schools. At institutions that train students for careers in areas like health ...

With All The KS Bashing Here Any Time Anyone Mentions Them, I Wouldn't Be Surprised
Oct 04, 2011

This is how it went for Webmedx a few months before they sold to Nuance.  I sure hope not, because I love my job and do not want to go back to working for Medquist. ...

Can QA Fairly Be Called "correction"?
Sep 11, 2012

Recently a guy from the state called asking if the MTSO regularly "corrects" MT work. The answer is... what is the answer? I mean, an MT corrects their own work, to the best of their ability. If you get stumped on some bad audio or weird name or medication or medical term and Google fails, Word Help board fails, you send it to QA, and they try to fill in the final blanks. But is that really "correction"? Because the MT (if they aren't slacking and/or incompetent) knew they didn't kno ...

Just Kind Of Surprised With MTs And "computer Issues"
Oct 08, 2012

I am really surprised at the number of MTs who have been on recently asking about which companies provide computers.  The advantage to having a company-provided computer is that if something happens to said computer, then the company has to provide technical support or provide you with a replacement computer.  Precyse, the last I knew, sends out a Netbook computer, so you still need a monitor, etc and there is no way that you can load your "own programs" or even be able to access the i ...

DSG Bonus- No Thanks
Dec 22, 2011

again with the Walmart card.  Some people hate Walmart and won't shop there.  Don't they know this?  Oh well, at least I can give it away to a homeless or battered women's shelter and put it to good use. ...

Does Anyone Ever Get A Bonus? Sm
May 17, 2012

I wonder how many people actually receive one and if so how much.  Also, has anyone heard whether they are going to make the QA score a pay period score instead of a quarterly score? ...

So, Who Got The QA Bonus?
Jan 15, 2014

So, who got 99.5+% accuracy and got the Q1 QA bonus? Anyone? ...

Bonus Pay
Apr 01, 2014

Can anyone tell me what type of bonus pay on top of line count and how it is calculated? ...

Q2 BONUS
Jul 30, 2014

Thank you for my Q2 bonus, the first ever for me. However, I really could have used the money during the last 3 months. If divided up over those 3 months, I would not have had to borrow money for food. Please reconsider this punitive bonus plan you have. The money would be better served in my paychecks. Plus, all taxes deducted out of this bonus check is almost 50%. If that money would have been on a regular paycheck, the deduction would be more like 30%. This is punitive to MLSs in more wa ...

Q2 Bonus Not There
Jul 31, 2014

I've been anticipating my Q2 bonus for 3 months now and I look today and nope, not there!  I made the required lines, QA postaudit was 99.56% so I made that too.  What else could have held it up?  I mean darn it, I worked my butt off for that! ...

TAT Bonus
Aug 19, 2014

Dear TSM:  You're welcome for us MTs keeping things in TAT.  Glad you're so thrilled.  How about you just quietly enjoy the bonus we earned for you rather than sending us blithering thank you emails.  Most of us know by now that you receive this bonus off our backs, so your gushy emails simply smack of rubbing that fact in.  I don't feel appreciated at all when I read them; I feel completely taken advantage of.  ...

Bonus
Dec 20, 2014

If I leave Nuance before the end of January, would I still get my upcoming quarterly bonus if I qualified for it? Also do they pay you for your unused vacation days? ...

About The Monthly Bonus....
Oct 26, 2009

We used to get the monthly production bonus as a separate check on the 25th.   I didn't get a separate check for this although I should have qualified.  Paltry as it is, every little bit helps.  I do see an "incentive bonus" on my regular paystub, but I'm not sure if this is from some past incentive I have since forgotten about or if they are now just putting the regular monthly bonus on one statement along with our regular pay. Can anyone help?  Is the month ...

If Anyone Gets A Monthly Bonus.....
Nov 25, 2009

Have you found that it's getting less and less for the VERY SAME AMOUNT OF LINES?  I got a smaller bonus (piddly as it is) this month for MORE lines than I produced a few months ago and got a larger bonus for.  I know the bonus is pretty much based on some kind of whim and/or some computations that require a master's degree in mathematics to figure out, but it would sure be nice if they could be consistent.  I guess I should be glad I get one at ALL at this point.  ...