A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pleasantly surprised - Tink

Posted: Sep 28, 2010

I don't know what's going on at the Q, and I know I'm going to jinx it, but I've had 14 reports in a row of straight typing!!!!  If this keeps up I'm gonna work until is stops! 

Honey! Put on another pot of coffee!!!  

Hey Tink - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Sprinkle some of that fairy dust on me please!

Nice. I'm doing a straight typing report right now. - Only drawback is

[ In Reply To ..]
that this guy is nearly impossible to understand (and he's American).

So...I go to look up an old report for help and I find one for this patient. Funny thing is that it was dictated by this same doctor on this same patient 2 days ago. I copied and pasted it and I swear that he is saying everything word for word.

It's good because he is so hard to understand and getting this report done will go faster, but it's very strange that it's virtually the same report.

Oh well.

Would you be kind enough to - CyberlandMT

[ In Reply To ..]
explain the exact procedure you do for looking up a previous report. Here's what I do (as instructed by QATL). Click F5 to bring up DQM, scroll to bottom of page and Log Out. When empty Log In screen comes up again, Log back in with user name+DEP, password and account code. When logged in, select Job Search and enter search criteria. I get NADA for any type criteria I use, whether it is by dictator, patient name or work Type. This is so frustrating because I had that same problem in old account before being switched to new division. It just got corrected 1 week before they moved me. Now, stuck in the mud again and cannot get any help from anyone, CCM, QATL, Support..nothing. Wondering if I'm going to be working another 9 months in limbo with not being able to use this wonderful feature we have. I'm not paranoid by thinking this is deliberate...more like a technical glitch. Just trying to get to the bottom of it. Are you by any chance using Benchmark KB? Thanks.

I do it exactly like you stated. - Normally I will search by

[ In Reply To ..]
the dictators name, so I put the name of the facility and the dictator's last name in the form and use the drop down box to change it to "this month" or "last month" and click search. I have forgotten to change the date before and ended up getting no results.

Sometimes I will search by patient name. For this, you have to put in last name and first name and facility, but the names are case sensitive so you have to capitalize them. You have to change the date on that one as well.

I don't use Benchmark KB. I tried it and found that I like doing my searches with Google much more. Now I can't even remember my log in information for KB...lol.
Thanks - CyberlandMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Totally stumped why I get no results. I'm obviously doing everything correctly.
I tried all that before but - in the dark
[ In Reply To ..]
it's very infrequent to get anything. Out of a total of maybe 20 times I've tried, I only got 2 reports. It's also so time-consuming as I have to go back and forth to get the exact, precise name of the facility (some of mine have 5 words in the name!) and the to get the exact doctor's name. I find it takes more than 10 minutes to do a search. I gave up using it as it's just a waste of time for me.
I don't put the whole facility in. - Just the leading initials and
[ In Reply To ..]
the next word in the name (I work on the 'H' accounts among others).

Also, I just put the doc's last name in. I don't even capitalize it.
This continues to puzzle me - Mt
[ In Reply To ..]
When we first had access to this, no one specifically gave detailed instructions on how to search, but just by looking at the fields, it seemed obvious that the information had to match the exact information in the database. In other words, if the facility you are working on shows as ABC - Happy Hospital, you have to enter it exactly like that - identical to what you see on your DocQscribe screen. I have never had any trouble pulling up reports at all. Now, some 10 months later, our QTL STILL sends out instructions and it comes up as the number 1 question in conference calls. Really? This is not rocket science and I don't get why so many people DON'T get it.
What seems obvious to you - Genius
[ In Reply To ..]
May not seem obvious to others. Perhaps working around a computer comes second nature to you. Perhaps someone understood it 10 months ago but just forgot since then. Not everyone has a steel-trap memory. The point is, people come to this forum for help, not to be judged or one-upped by others.
I agree - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
with you completely. If someone can't say something helpful, they shouldn't say anything at all. I still hope that if "Mt" ever has a question, though, that someone treats "Mt" better than "Mt" has treated some others on this forum.
Continues to puzzle me as well - CyberlandMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Why, when I put in the hospital name exactly as it shows up on DQS screen, or name of dictator, or name of patient, patient number, etc...it still gives message that nothing is found for my search criteria. I find it hard to believe that absolute no data is there for any of the accounts I work on. Still on the chase to find out what the problem is.
Shortcut for entering names - Jaz
[ In Reply To ..]
If searching by dictator, I put in the dictator's ID number from ADT instead of typing in the whole name. If searching by patient name (choose Subject), I copy the patient's MRN number (ctrl C) from ADT page and paste it in the Subject ID field...much faster than typing in names. The same for facility name, I just type the first part of the name (HCA, Banner, etc.) and then choose from the list.

Similar Messages:

Fairly New And Was Pleasantly Surprised To Get A Generous Bonus
Dec 10, 2014

Is this a profit sharing bonus or do we normally get a bonus around Thanksgiving every year, and will we also get a Christmas bonus. Thx ...

Surprised!
Dec 14, 2010

I got a new computer from MQ today!  It is a slimmer CPU that can either stand or lay on a desk, its really small, AND a flat screen monitor and these awesome headphones with volume control on the headset!  I'm so happy!  (Now if I had some work to do...)  haha!  ...

Surprised
Dec 11, 2014

Boy was i surprised today.  I work as a coder for a large midwestern teaching hospital network/medical college.  We have an aggregate of about 900 inpatient beds, 160-some outpatient clinics on our campus, plus multiple satellite sites, 3 ERs and several urgent cares. a cancer center, a heart hospital, and 2 ambulatory surgery centers - so lots of transcription.  Today at our CODING meeting while discussing some upcoming changes to our epic system and striving for improved documen ...

Surprised No One Commented Yet...
Apr 05, 2010

or are we just so numb that we just expected it?  I read that update...no 401k matches for 2009 and no approved employee merit raises for 2010.  BUT we should be happy with all the other benes we are given, according to the suits. Well let's see...I have the "benefit" of watching my pay drop over the last few years.  I have the "benefit" of not seeing a pay raise.  I have the "benefit" of seeing NJA almost every day.    I know I am not alone.  Aren& ...

Surprised And Confused
Aug 11, 2014

I am never OOW with Nuance.  I am busy all day long everyday.  It blows my mind to hear that people run out of work constantly and can't make money.  The money isn't great I know, but it's not bottom of the pile either.  I worked at a lot of places before and had problems with TMs, OOW, low compensation, horrible hours and schedule, but not here.  I must be lucky or something.  ...

Surprised No One Has Mentioned MT Week Yet. Nm
May 20, 2014

ff ...

Surprised There's No Mention On This Board
Aug 23, 2014

of the millions of medical records that were hacked into by Chinese hackers: "A group of sophisticated Chinese hackers, known for its high-stakes corporate espionage has a history of stealing medical-device blueprints, prescription-drug formulas and other valuable intellectual property from large health-care companies." http://bloom.bg/1sQpVdV In the article, it mentions a Franklin, Tennessee company.   ...

No Longer Surprised But Always Still Upset--sm
Nov 06, 2014

Yes, I have seen this enough times that it no longer surprises me.  There were 18 reports on my primary.  I have an hour left of my shift.  When I anticipated downloading the next one, all 18 were gone, gone, gone.  It is upsetting.  I would try adjusting my schedule but it would do no good, there normally is too little work during that time as it is.  I already will be taking about 3 hours of PTO for being OOW on Sunday.  It would be 4 but I have made up some ...

Although I"m Not Surprised To Read This Story, I AM
Mar 16, 2010

- the medical transcription schools, weren't mentioned.  Most likely it's because more people the below-mentioned classes than MT.  Still, it's proof that when times are hard, there are vultures out there preying on those who are just trying to get by:   One fast–growing American industry has become a conspicuous beneficiary of the recession: for–profit colleges and trade schools. At institutions that train students for careers in areas like health ...

With All The KS Bashing Here Any Time Anyone Mentions Them, I Wouldn't Be Surprised
Oct 04, 2011

This is how it went for Webmedx a few months before they sold to Nuance.  I sure hope not, because I love my job and do not want to go back to working for Medquist. ...

Just Kind Of Surprised With MTs And "computer Issues"
Oct 08, 2012

I am really surprised at the number of MTs who have been on recently asking about which companies provide computers.  The advantage to having a company-provided computer is that if something happens to said computer, then the company has to provide technical support or provide you with a replacement computer.  Precyse, the last I knew, sends out a Netbook computer, so you still need a monitor, etc and there is no way that you can load your "own programs" or even be able to access the i ...