A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New Board! - old frustrated MT

Posted: Oct 13, 2009

YellSad we have to have a board to address this!  I don't think anything is going to change no matter how much we complain.  Making money is every MTSOS bottom line.....  Transcription services are just following everyone else to India, etc. 

Everyone else offshoring - You are right about - Gina

[ In Reply To ..]
that. We were looking for socks at Target this past Sunday and the pack I first picked up said Made in Pakistan. I dropped them like a hot potato. We then found some by the same company made in the USA. Same price, too. All these companies bottom line is profit.

I hope they all choke to death on their ill-gotten money! - no mssg

[ In Reply To ..]

Offshoring Jobs - Chepoy

[ In Reply To ..]
This is really frustrating for me too. I do QA work for India MTs. It really gets into my nerves that even the word "verify" is misspelled as "varify" every time. If you cannot spell or your transcription does not make sense then IMHO, you do not have the right to be an MT! I guess these companies who offshore jobs get what they really pay for, a CRAPPY job!

Similar Messages:

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

Capitalization - Is It.. Board Certified Or Board Certified ?
Mar 08, 2011

is it.. Board Certified or board certified ? ...

What Board?
Nov 17, 2009

I was looking at a board last night, don't remember which one, but it was here.  There was a link to another job board, not MT Jobs.  I need to now what it was.  If anybody knows, please let me know.  Thanks. ...

Key Board
Jan 29, 2012

Has anyone found a decent keyboard to use with the new computer.  I hate this one.  I cannot feel the keys, because they are as flat as a pancake (if not flatter).  I want to go out and buy one, but don't know what would be compatible....another Del keyboard?  Please help. ...

I'm Not Sure If This Is The Right Board, But It Is
Jan 14, 2013

It is so very frustrating!  I type for a wound care clinic, and, of course, a great deal of the patients there are diabetic, as am I.  About a year ago I learned from my diabetic teacher that a local supermarket chain pharmacy offers all diabetic supplies and meds for free, whether you are insured or not.   At least once every couple of weeks I type a note in which the doctor says the patient hasn't been able to afford his/her diabetes medication or insulin, and they seem to ...

Well You Would Think That MTs On This Board
Jan 18, 2014

would appreciate updates of warnings, but I guess not. I will not post here again to warn anyone of anything. Sick of being trolled! ...

I Think TTS Should Have Own Board. Nm
Jun 30, 2014

nm ...

What's Up With This Ad On Another Board For OB
Jan 29, 2015

You see it periodically, OB, radiology, and something else but it's pretty clear the work will be OB.  The test consists of 3 files (getting this from the ad) and you should finish it in less than 2 hours.  3 files?  How long are the files?  So, my real question is (the other two were thiinking out loud), does this ad get run periodically to clear out the backlog or is it really a legit job and why does it come up so often?  It's not the exact same ad everytime ...

HOW DO YOU SEARCH ON THIS BOARD NOW
Oct 16, 2009

How do you search now on this new board?   ...

VR Board- Moderator
Oct 19, 2009

I was able to get to the VR board only once and cannot get back. When I go that particular board nothing comes up now whereas it did at first. ...

How To Do A Search On This Board??
Oct 22, 2009

Hi, I'm still trying to get accustomed to this interface.  I can't find the search feature...? Is it staring me right in the face? Thanks! ...

New MTs Board -- ALL READ
Oct 25, 2009

This particular board, the New MTs board, is devoted to assisting the newcomers to this profession.  It is here as a help, an assistance, a way to advise and mentor newbies.  It is NOT a place to slam, discourage, handslap or pick fights between newbies and experienced MTs.  We are not going to have an ongoing war or scuffles between the experienced MTs and the newbies or vice versa in regard to who should or should not be in this industry, who does a better job, who knows more, ...

This Board Postings
Dec 01, 2009

I have been reading all of the posts especially the ones about grammar.  Maybe I have not finished transcription school or even paid my dues as a seasoned "elder" (I hate that phrase--not being in my 20s myself), but I was one of the 70,000 that was laid off on black Monday back in January 2009.  I was looking for a career that would (I thought) not be hurt by the economy as severely.  I very much appreciate any advice my "more experienced" friends can give.  Even with m ...

Negative Board
Jan 01, 2010

This is a very negative board.  I see misery loves company.  If you hate your life and your job, what are you doing here?  Oh, maybe thats why you are here.  Nothing to do but P and Moan? MTStars?  Doesnt look like it.    This board needs more positive people. ...

Look Out For More New MT's Coming On Board.
Jan 29, 2010

Obama announced a new tax break for every new employee hired will get a 5,000 tax break and up to 500,000 total for each company who hires new employees.  My congressman is going to hear from tomrrow when I call his office.  You all know how MQ loves to hire new employees and I sure hope they do not plan on getting rid of us old ones and if they do?  I see ANOTHER lawsuit coming called age discrimination.  ...

Transcend Board
Feb 03, 2010

This might be a crazy question, but isn't Transcend big enough/has enough traffic on the Company Board that it would rate it's own board, like Medquist? ...

Sometimes This Board Will Not Let Me Post Anywhere.
Feb 20, 2010

No matter how carefully I type the "code" to prove I'm a real person or whatever, it just keeps asking me to type it again and again, and won't accept it.  ...

This Board Is Dead
Mar 06, 2010

And one can only hope that VR will suffer a similar fate very, very soon!  And in a not so nice way.  Along with the MTSOs that have tried to foist this CRAP on us.  JMHO, of course! ...

Complaint Board
Jul 02, 2010

Just a suggestion but if there are so many people with complaints about companies or their MT careers, etc., instead of getting "bashed," deleted, or otherwise, why not make a forum just for complaints and opinions and leave the other boards to more respectful and intelligent conversations.  Let's see if what I just posted doesn't prove my point. ...

Tax Question, Not Sure If I'm On The Right Board
Mar 11, 2010

I know payment depends on where you live and what all you are filing, but I'm curious, how much do you normally have to pay to have someone do your taxes?  Last year it cost up $180.  Just seems so high to me. ...

MQ Board Member
Mar 16, 2010

I think everyone should go to the link below from the SEC  (written 8/19/2009) to read the general disagreements from a board member of MQ.  This board member resigned because of quesitonable ethics, overall (mis)management and questionable financial dealings with CBay.  After reading,  rethink a career and future with MQ. http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/884497/000095012309036850/w75438exv99w1.htm ...

Swap Board
Apr 03, 2010

I tried the swap yesterday.  I put in to give up my shift on Friday, 4-9 as doing the Relay for Life walk that evening.  It appeared to take as I had RECLAIM next to my shift instead of SWAP but when I went in today, it said SWAP again.  It looked the same as it did before I put in to swap.  When I looked on the SWAP board there were no shifts up for grabs and yesterday there were 2 on there??? I redid this again but cannot figure out why I had to redo it.  I think it would be great if some ...

Where Is The Swap Board?
Apr 08, 2010

For some reason I have no schedule this week.  Maybe I'm getting fired, but it would be nice if someone told me.  I've had the same schedule for the past several years.  Where is this swap board that we're supposed to check?  I don't see it in TeamWork.  Thanks, MT2 ...

NEW: Job Wanted Board -- SM
May 03, 2010

We now have a Job Wanted board available.  This is a board for you to make confidential posts that list what you are looking for in your job search.  There are many ways to use the Job Wanted board.  There are also safe practices you, as posters, should take for professional security. Posters responding to your job-wanted ad can be recruiters, facilities, any business wanting to respond to you.  Other fellow posters (MTs) can also make suggestions about companies ...

Job Board Posting . . .
May 16, 2010

On-call radiology work for weekends only . . . at 6 cpl!!!!!  Wow.  I hope no one is willing to take something like this. ...

To Moderator - Can We Have An IC Board?
May 21, 2010

It would be interesting and informative to have a board for ICs for questions, answers, etc.  JMO - I would like to see this. ...

Job Board Post
Jun 05, 2010

anyone know who posted the mental health position on the job board?? ...

Re: Job Wanted Board
Jun 05, 2010

I was just wondering if anybody has gotten a response from a company yet? I am on there and I have not heard a thing. If this is not in the right spot, I am not sure exactly where to post this! ...

Should Be On The Comedy Board But...
Aug 10, 2010

I tried to post this to the comedy board but I was unable to view the board afterwards.  I am a Q employee and I was too tired to fight with the board so I am posting it here.  Most of us work for the evil Q so we could use the laugh.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaruNs_7okY ...