A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Surprised no one commented yet... - madmamma

Posted: Apr 05, 2010

or are we just so numb that we just expected it? 

I read that update...no 401k matches for 2009 and no approved employee merit raises for 2010.  BUT we should be happy with all the other benes we are given, according to the suits.

Well let's see...I have the "benefit" of watching my pay drop over the last few years.  I have the "benefit" of not seeing a pay raise.  I have the "benefit" of seeing NJA almost every day.    I know I am not alone.  Aren't we all so lucky? 

Well I guess I do have one real benefit...I am going PT and have another local PT job lined up, with the possibility of that one going FT..took a while to find but it did come.  I really need to get out of this place...it won't be right away but it will come. 

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

I agree!!! - futureXmqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you! I have never in my life seen people treated so poorly!! You would think we live in a third world country. I'm looking elsewhere and I can't wait to see this fleecing of American MTs turn around and bite this company in the you know what because it will. It is such a joke and because we continue to take it they just keep taking away more. Everyone on this board should start seeking other employment because that is the only way this rip off will stop.

getting out - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Since I started working as an MT I have been forced to become a medical editor which was not part of my job description when I was hired and by adding this new title my pay was decreased by 40%. Now, I am forced to become QA and yet again my pay is being decreased in the form that someone was paid 3 cent a line to do this previously and now I am doing it for nothing. I'm going to my State employment office and find out if my job description has been changed so dramatically that I essentially have been laid off because the position I was hired for no longer exists. Then I can get on unemployment and utilize that TAA thing to change my career. I'll let everyone know if it works and then we can all get out of this lousy business!!!

Let us know if it works - Foz

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd be next in line at the UI office.
Thanks

Praytell, what is a merit raise? - sm - Confuzzeled

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with the company for 16 years and have had one raise. I know there are a whole lotta people in the same boat. Plus with the inception of their crappy ASR we now have a 40% decrease in what we once had. Merit raise indeed!

Thankfully I decided not to jump through the hoops to become a MME as I was encouraged to do some months ago.

Hope the local job works out for you madmamma - you have every right to vent.

It has been commented, read posts from a - day or 2 ago. Plenty said. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

What is to comment? 2009 just like 2008 and 2007. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Think we only got a piddly match once in the 6 years I have been with MQ.

Similar Messages:

My Boyfriend Commented On My Worn Keyboard The Other Day.
Nov 03, 2011

So funny.      Then he goes, "Well, I have one you can have if you need it".  Bless his heart, he don't know I am a certified keyboard junkie, and have stacks of them to choose from.....Gosh I am such a nerd......       ...

Surprised!
Dec 14, 2010

I got a new computer from MQ today!  It is a slimmer CPU that can either stand or lay on a desk, its really small, AND a flat screen monitor and these awesome headphones with volume control on the headset!  I'm so happy!  (Now if I had some work to do...)  haha!  ...

Surprised
Dec 11, 2014

Boy was i surprised today.  I work as a coder for a large midwestern teaching hospital network/medical college.  We have an aggregate of about 900 inpatient beds, 160-some outpatient clinics on our campus, plus multiple satellite sites, 3 ERs and several urgent cares. a cancer center, a heart hospital, and 2 ambulatory surgery centers - so lots of transcription.  Today at our CODING meeting while discussing some upcoming changes to our epic system and striving for improved documen ...

Pleasantly Surprised
Sep 28, 2010

I don't know what's going on at the Q, and I know I'm going to jinx it, but I've had 14 reports in a row of straight typing!!!!  If this keeps up I'm gonna work until is stops!  Honey! Put on another pot of coffee!!!     ...

Surprised And Confused
Aug 11, 2014

I am never OOW with Nuance.  I am busy all day long everyday.  It blows my mind to hear that people run out of work constantly and can't make money.  The money isn't great I know, but it's not bottom of the pile either.  I worked at a lot of places before and had problems with TMs, OOW, low compensation, horrible hours and schedule, but not here.  I must be lucky or something.  ...

Surprised No One Has Mentioned MT Week Yet. Nm
May 20, 2014

ff ...

Surprised There's No Mention On This Board
Aug 23, 2014

of the millions of medical records that were hacked into by Chinese hackers: "A group of sophisticated Chinese hackers, known for its high-stakes corporate espionage has a history of stealing medical-device blueprints, prescription-drug formulas and other valuable intellectual property from large health-care companies." http://bloom.bg/1sQpVdV In the article, it mentions a Franklin, Tennessee company.   ...

No Longer Surprised But Always Still Upset--sm
Nov 06, 2014

Yes, I have seen this enough times that it no longer surprises me.  There were 18 reports on my primary.  I have an hour left of my shift.  When I anticipated downloading the next one, all 18 were gone, gone, gone.  It is upsetting.  I would try adjusting my schedule but it would do no good, there normally is too little work during that time as it is.  I already will be taking about 3 hours of PTO for being OOW on Sunday.  It would be 4 but I have made up some ...

Although I"m Not Surprised To Read This Story, I AM
Mar 16, 2010

- the medical transcription schools, weren't mentioned.  Most likely it's because more people the below-mentioned classes than MT.  Still, it's proof that when times are hard, there are vultures out there preying on those who are just trying to get by:   One fast–growing American industry has become a conspicuous beneficiary of the recession: for–profit colleges and trade schools. At institutions that train students for careers in areas like health ...

With All The KS Bashing Here Any Time Anyone Mentions Them, I Wouldn't Be Surprised
Oct 04, 2011

This is how it went for Webmedx a few months before they sold to Nuance.  I sure hope not, because I love my job and do not want to go back to working for Medquist. ...

Fairly New And Was Pleasantly Surprised To Get A Generous Bonus
Dec 10, 2014

Is this a profit sharing bonus or do we normally get a bonus around Thanksgiving every year, and will we also get a Christmas bonus. Thx ...

Just Kind Of Surprised With MTs And "computer Issues"
Oct 08, 2012

I am really surprised at the number of MTs who have been on recently asking about which companies provide computers.  The advantage to having a company-provided computer is that if something happens to said computer, then the company has to provide technical support or provide you with a replacement computer.  Precyse, the last I knew, sends out a Netbook computer, so you still need a monitor, etc and there is no way that you can load your "own programs" or even be able to access the i ...