A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Even if Nuance were to announce a raise, the part they fail to mention is that - there will be no lines for you to type!

Posted: Nov 04, 2014

Contracts are renegotiated regularly, so even if you were on an account that did not permit offshoring at any point in the past, you will sign in one day and discover WTs missing that you used to type and can watch whole blocks of reports disappear from your queue. 

Nuance's survival depends upon this, and they don't care diddly squat about yours.

So, dream on...and on...and on about line rates, bonuses being easier to get because of less nitpicking, etc., it isn't going to matter when you have no jobs to type. 

This is not negativity, this is the acute care experience with this company for the past 4 years. 

I totally agree-I have watched this happen over the past weeks - After the Celebration in India

[ In Reply To ..]
Going from no work to TONS of work during the weeks they were celebrating to back to no work again. I hope the new changes are really exciting and enough to make up for all the lines we aren't getting and the money I won't have for my Christmas celebration.

Similar Messages:

Did They Announce The Winner Of The MT Of The Year
Aug 13, 2013

without Amy, I am adrift in a sea of no information. ...

Does Anyone Recall When They're Supposed To Announce
Jan 13, 2015

I thought it was the first week of January?? ...

TTS A Part Of Nuance?
Aug 23, 2013

Does anyone know if TTS is a part of Nuance or in the process of?  Thank you. ...

How Many Companies Are Part Of Nuance?
Feb 09, 2011

I was just reading another thread which makes me wonder how many companies are part of Nuance?  I take it Focus, OSI, Encompass,  some connection with Webmedx (maybe just with overflow), SGS, Execuscribe, Meditech.  Any others?  I'd really like to know because it seems every time I tried in the past to look for a new job I ended up applying with the same basic MTSO, though different names.  Is there any way to find out the names of the MTSOs that get swall ...

NUANCE NIGHTMARE! PART 2 : (
May 03, 2011

Just got a crapload of rules, regulations, and BS from Nuance supervisor. I need an accountant and lawyer to interpret this junk.   If Nuance spent as much getting new accounts as they do on creating garbage names for their new "improved" way of doing things, we could all make money and quit reading notices from Nuance with all kinds of disclaimers.  Blah!  Garbage in, garbage out to Nuance with their formulas, incentives, and BS to hide the fact they are cutting pay while shippi ...

Part Time With Nuance
May 18, 2012

I am considering a part time position with this company. As a part time employee, I was expecting the hours to be 4 hours a day, but a friend of mine also with Nuance says part time involves 8 hours on either Sat. or Sun. I was expecting and perfectly OK with 4 hours on the weekend, like any other day a part time person would normally work. Why would they expect a part time person to work 8 hours on a day when the dictation is coming in at a lesser rate than M-F if a weekend day is a normal w ...

Nuance Part Time
Dec 06, 2012

Anyone working for Nuance ever cut back to part time, 4 hours a day?  Not making enuf working for this MTSO so am getting a 2nd job.  Interview tomorrow with medical records at local hospital.  Hoping it leads to an in-house transcription job (they also have off-site).  Should have some luck with acute care, pathology and radiology backgrounds, I HOPE... ...

Is Accentus Part Of Nuance?
Apr 03, 2013

Is Accentus part of Nuance? ...

Is Transtech Part Of Nuance?
May 07, 2013

x ...

Is Amphion Part Of Nuance?
Sep 12, 2013

I work for Amphion and I'm generally happy with it. That said, I've seen on here before that Amphion is part of Nuance. Then in one of my emails recently I saw the name Nuance mentioned (in reference to workload). Is that true? That kinda makes me a little uneasy seeing that MM and N are the top two undesirables (that's putting it nicely). I've read through the Nuance postings and see alot of negative comments and I am wondering if some of that applies to Amphion MTs too. My ...

TTS- They Are Part Of Nuance Now, Correct?
Feb 09, 2015

The reason I ask is I just saw a job opening out of purportedly Livonia, Michigan.  I thought possibly it was an in-hospital job.  Since I'm in that area, I was a little excited.  Then it sent me to a link that said TTS.....  I don't know anything about them, except what I see on this board.  Isn't that Transcend and didn't they get gobbled up by Nuance?   Anyway, the good news is, Miley didn't stick her tongue out last night.  Lol. & ...

What's With All These Webmedx Now Part Of Nuance Job Ads All Over The Internet?
Dec 05, 2011

The AD claims  they are “Best in KLAS”, AHDI Employer of the Year and still offer a production based incentive bonus? With everything we are hearing about Nuance taking them over and Nuances pay and bonus plan referred on here as  low. Especially the nuance quality based incentive bonus that has their own employees griping about on this forum. Yet Webmedx now taken over by Nuance is still advertising a production based bonus plan? Whats that all about?? ...

Nuance Benefits For Part Time
Mar 05, 2012

What do they offer?  I read here on this board that you do receive medical, dental, and vision, but does anyone know what else?  ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time?
Mar 21, 2012

I just had interview with Softscript and found out that they do not hire any part-time MT's.  Here they let me do testing and go to all that trouble and never even looked at my application, where I distinctly siad I wanted only part-time.  Just shows how much they look at your application.  So I am wondering now if Nuance hires that way.  If not then this is probably a waste of time too.   Very frustrating that these companies do not let you know up front.  ...

Part-time Accentus/Nuance
Feb 18, 2013

I currently work for Nuance and am looking for part time work. Accentus is hiring but I heard Nuance bought them out. So, are they still separate and I can apply? or would I in fact be working for the same company?  Getting desparate for a PT job as Nuance is not cutting it with having to stick to the 8 hous a day.  Thanks ...

Does Nuance Still Hire Part Time People?
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks for your time! ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time Weekdays? I Already
Jul 09, 2012

have a great part-time job on the weekends I don't want to give up, but I'd like to pick up some part-time work during the week.  TIA for any info! ...

Does Nuance Offer Health Insurance To Part Timers?
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance offers health insurance for part-time employees?  If so, approximately how much does it cost? ...

What Happens At Nuance If You Are Part-time And Cannot Always Make Line Count?
Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing ...

And I Forgot To Mention
Aug 21, 2010

most of the "helpful service" people have Indian sounding names, but have been "assured" the work is not being outsourced.  I get so worked up I forget the point of my messages!  ...

No Mention Of Christmas
Dec 23, 2013

How cheap can a company be to not send their employees even a Christmas card or a FREE e-mail card for Christmas.  This company is so heartless!!! ...

Posters Mention The Big 2 Companies. What Big 2 ?
Dec 12, 2012

I may be out of the loop.  I know that the big Canadian A (eh?) gobbled up a lot of USA companies, then gobbled up MM, then the big A  got gobbled up by the N.  And now I thought we are all the N.  Is there another big company ? ...

I'm A Little Puzzled By The Accentus Ad. They Mention Sm
Mar 22, 2013

the STAR team and such, but as a part of Nuance, I thought everything would be assimilated and such distinctions would be gone. I worked part time at Accentus for about 5 minutes but the STAR team did sound intriguing, as in maybe there would be a chance to make some money. I looked at the Nuance board but didn't really get any clues. ...

Surprised There's No Mention On This Board
Aug 23, 2014

of the millions of medical records that were hacked into by Chinese hackers: "A group of sophisticated Chinese hackers, known for its high-stakes corporate espionage has a history of stealing medical-device blueprints, prescription-drug formulas and other valuable intellectual property from large health-care companies." http://bloom.bg/1sQpVdV In the article, it mentions a Franklin, Tennessee company.   ...

Please Mention Our Plight To Doctors On Visits!
Sep 05, 2013

I seriously doubt that the dictators we edit know who or what is doing the work, or if any editing is required.  Since doctors stay in such closed groups, posting on their sites only gets deleted. It's important that they know we are being paid less than any other profession in the world.  Is that how important their patient's records are to them?  Self supporting experienced MEs are losing their home and joining the homeless.  Do these dictators want to have to lea ...

On The Probity Site They Make No Mention That
Dec 19, 2013

they are now Nuance.  On their testimonial page, Kelly says - And my job isn't going to India.  I wonder what her testimony is now.  When I think of Nuance I think of the Star Trek Borg.  Unemotional mechanical perfection is the Borg's only motivation.  Well, I guess they can't really be called the Borg because Nuance's motivation seems to be greed.  I wish they would put what I think of them on their testimony page.  ...

2012 MT Of The Year Forgot To Mention That She Was Taxed
May 23, 2013

x ...

Current Job Postings Still Mention Quarterly Bonus
Dec 30, 2014

only some accounts move to this new exciting pay grid junk? ...

Being Set Up To Fail?
Nov 17, 2011

First, I was warned about low line count during a period of many MQ computer problems (finally got new one and now resolved), then audited during that same time period after being warned about line count, which I passed at 99.89%. Then 2 weeks later I start getting a work type I had never done before, like every other job, completely new terms and docs, which normally I do not mind learning new things, but now with the more-than-5%-sent-to-QA nonsense I do not feel comfortable sending blanks to ...

SR FAIL
Jun 08, 2012

Talking about an area of oozing that was dripping into the surgical site.  Said dripping 3 times. 1.  SR = "gripping" 2.  SR = "creeping" 3.  SR = "draping" Three chances, three air balls. (SR = "hair balls", of course.)       ...