A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Posters mention the Big 2 companies. What big 2 ? - just me

Posted: Dec 12, 2012

I may be out of the loop.  I know that the big Canadian A (eh?) gobbled up a lot of USA companies, then gobbled up MM, then the big A  got gobbled up by the N.  And now I thought we are all the N.  Is there another big company ?

Nuance and M Modal. - RC (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

And I Forgot To Mention
Aug 21, 2010

most of the "helpful service" people have Indian sounding names, but have been "assured" the work is not being outsourced.  I get so worked up I forget the point of my messages!  ...

No Mention Of Christmas
Dec 23, 2013

How cheap can a company be to not send their employees even a Christmas card or a FREE e-mail card for Christmas.  This company is so heartless!!! ...

I'm A Little Puzzled By The Accentus Ad. They Mention Sm
Mar 22, 2013

the STAR team and such, but as a part of Nuance, I thought everything would be assimilated and such distinctions would be gone. I worked part time at Accentus for about 5 minutes but the STAR team did sound intriguing, as in maybe there would be a chance to make some money. I looked at the Nuance board but didn't really get any clues. ...

Surprised There's No Mention On This Board
Aug 23, 2014

of the millions of medical records that were hacked into by Chinese hackers: "A group of sophisticated Chinese hackers, known for its high-stakes corporate espionage has a history of stealing medical-device blueprints, prescription-drug formulas and other valuable intellectual property from large health-care companies." http://bloom.bg/1sQpVdV In the article, it mentions a Franklin, Tennessee company.   ...

Please Mention Our Plight To Doctors On Visits!
Sep 05, 2013

I seriously doubt that the dictators we edit know who or what is doing the work, or if any editing is required.  Since doctors stay in such closed groups, posting on their sites only gets deleted. It's important that they know we are being paid less than any other profession in the world.  Is that how important their patient's records are to them?  Self supporting experienced MEs are losing their home and joining the homeless.  Do these dictators want to have to lea ...

On The Probity Site They Make No Mention That
Dec 19, 2013

they are now Nuance.  On their testimonial page, Kelly says - And my job isn't going to India.  I wonder what her testimony is now.  When I think of Nuance I think of the Star Trek Borg.  Unemotional mechanical perfection is the Borg's only motivation.  Well, I guess they can't really be called the Borg because Nuance's motivation seems to be greed.  I wish they would put what I think of them on their testimony page.  ...

2012 MT Of The Year Forgot To Mention That She Was Taxed
May 23, 2013

x ...

Current Job Postings Still Mention Quarterly Bonus
Dec 30, 2014

only some accounts move to this new exciting pay grid junk? ...

To Below Posters
Dec 13, 2010

I just wanted to say to those who judge others so harshly to remember what we are admonished about "Judge not, lest ye be judged."  Some MTs are having more trouible than others.  Lucky are those that are not.  Some MTs may be better at some reports than others, but we should not belittle those who are not "up to our standards."  I know that there are many MTs who are much better at this job than I am, but I would hope that there is still room for me, as after almost 11 years ...

Even If Nuance Were To Announce A Raise, The Part They Fail To Mention Is That
Nov 04, 2014

Contracts are renegotiated regularly, so even if you were on an account that did not permit offshoring at any point in the past, you will sign in one day and discover WTs missing that you used to type and can watch whole blocks of reports disappear from your queue.  Nuance's survival depends upon this, and they don't care diddly squat about yours. So, dream on...and on...and on about line rates, bonuses being easier to get because of less nitpicking, etc., it isn't going to ...

FYI For All The Posters Who Wonder About Nuance
Mar 29, 2013

I had a terrible experience and thankfully moved on.  Believe everything you hear about this company and make your own informed decision.  All you have to do is believe that most people who work there are DISSATISFIED.  Yes, it's true.   I can't tell you what to do, but if I could I would tell you to seek employment elsehwere.  I only wish I had been forewarned 3 years ago.   I think all of you contemplating employment with Nuance should consider yourselve ...

From A Couple Of Posters Below. WE NEED AN
Jul 31, 2013

After all, MModal has a Facebook page.  We need to start an anti-MModal Facebook Page.  We could write stories of what is happening to us with this company and how we are treated and send in pictures of us working ourselves to death, etc.  Even spouses could get involve and family members how we are to work during holidays, but then there is no work, yet we are to get our hours in.  We write on MTstars, why not have one for Facebook????? ...

MM Posters, Please Read
Mar 21, 2014

Although this new coding program is through MModal, and although you are still MTs/MEs for MModal, all coding discussions are to be done on the coding board.  Thank you.       ...

I Do Not Think The Posters Below About Being Fired Are Lying
Jun 14, 2011

Earlier e mail today said of not getting lph or hours in should be contacting ccm daily and daily was stressed. ...

2 Posters Below Are Making 45-50K Yearly, Which Is Hard To Believe. How
Dec 21, 2009

many of you are making this much with MQ?  I certainly am not. Even if I worked full time it wouldn't happen with the horrible new accounts I have. ...

ATTN: ALL COMPANY BOARD POSTERS - SM
Jun 25, 2011

Enough of this bickering.  Stop it. Each one of you have to simply accept that there are others out there who have NOT had YOUR particular experience with the company in question (i.e., whichever company is being discussed).  Having a positive experience with a company or simply not agreeing with you does not make the other poster a "suit" or "management" so stop with that labeling.  As well, stop with the accusations that those with negative posts are "whiners" or "babies" or " ...

WARNING: All Posters On New MTs Board Read!
Feb 23, 2011

When individuals are interested in becoming an MT, asking about where to get their training, etc., answer their question(s).  SEE THE NOTE AT THE TOP OF THIS BOARD. Do not try to discourage them from the profession.  They have as much right to pursue it as anyone else. The purpose of the New MTs board is to help and support and assist those who are wanting to go into the MT field, those who are currently studying or just completed studies.  These individuals can read and determ ...

To Vocational Rehab Posters Below...just Got A Call
Jan 06, 2014

They want me to come in tomorrow at 2:30 for an appointment.  Nervous!! I feel like if they wre going to turn me down it would have been through the mail and not wasting thier time and mine with an appointment.  Hopefully this is something definitive and not just needing more paperwork filled out.  This is my last semester in community college and if this doesn't work out I don't know how I will pay for University.  Wish me luck!!  ...

In An Effort To Assist MedQuist Posters -- SM
Jan 09, 2010

Please see the sticky note at the top of the MedQuist forum.  I have researched information for you to give you some direction.  There are contact instructions/leads on the web pages at the links given.  Please do not contact MTStars for more information.  Contact your local employment office (now called the Department of Workforce Services) for more information. Moderator   ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

ALL POSTERS ON NEW MTs BOARD READ
Dec 01, 2009

This specific board is for support of new MTs. Experienced MTs - If you want to slam, be ugly, hateful, etc., to new MTs, go somewhere else.  New MTs - same goes for you. In other words, stop the experienced-vs-new MT wars.  Moderator ...

Those Posters Who Claim DIT Has Not Paid Them - SM
Jan 13, 2010

Please contact me about your unpaid work with DIT.  I want to make sure they resolve their pay issues if they are going to advertise jobs here. Moderator   ...

All Posters Please Read - SM
Jan 23, 2010

First, no one on this board has any clue who the identity of other posters are.  Not one of you.   You cannot assume that any 2 or more posts are by the same poster, even if the same moniker is used.  Second, no one on this board has the right to call anyone else a liar because you don't believe the information they posted.  Doing so will get you banned. Moderator   ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

Which Companies Use
Oct 11, 2009

Escription or ExEditor VR?  TIA! ...

What Is With These Companies?
Dec 30, 2009

Can anyone answer me why is it that these MT companies hire you and they all promise you the sun, moon and stars.  Oh we have TONS of work. We guarantee you at least 11 accounts and 2,500 lines a day. Then you are sitting there 6 months later, waiting for jobs? I have experienced this many times. Can it be that its just bad management and they overhire? Does anyone know of a company that really does have TONS of work? I know this is the slow time of year, but many times its happened at othe ...

IC Companies
Mar 01, 2010

Are there any companies left who hire strictly IC status, and if so, pros and cons? Thanks! ...

Why Do Companies Who Don't
May 05, 2010

pay us hourly anymore anyway make us punch an electronic time clock?  What's wrong with sending simple timesheets like we did for years?  It has no effect on our pay whatsoever since we aren't hourly and is only to cover their butts regarding overtime, so why do they go through all the nightmare of eTime?! ...

Any Companies Who Do Not Use VR? (sm)
Jun 02, 2010

The company I work for has gone VR (on most jobs).  I cannot make any money doing this.  My pay has been cut approximately $150 to $200 every two weeks.  They have already taken away the incentives, and now if you screw up a couple of times on demographics, you do not get paid for the job, and the third or fourth time you are pulled from the account.  I am just so frustrated.  This VR is killing me.  It takes more time to make corrections.  It is frustrati ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What Companies
Jun 11, 2010

hire newbies and which ones are the best to work for?  A friend of mine wants to start transcription - god help her : -) ...