A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Shipwrecked, here are pics of our retirement home - Dinosaur

Posted: Jan 31, 2010

Here are some pictures of that beautiful little island I have chosen to live out the rest of my days.  Since you wanted to spend your remaining days there too, I thought you would want to see the pictures. 

As you can see there are plenty of huts to choose from, I'm not sure which kind I want yet, but I am favoring one of those huts that are in the water.  I have also sent a picture of the island from an aerial view so you can see how small it is.

I heard Bill gates gave away billions of dollars (billions with a B) this past week to charity. I'm sure flying us to our retirement home in his private jet will not be a problem.

I'm sure you will agree with me when I say living here, we will forget about MQ in about two days.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/11/de/81/regular-beach-bungalows.jpg

http://www.sapphireoflondon.org/images/photos/huahine3.jpg

http://www.brecmorgan.com/images/lg/IMG_1365.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/225/550547364_292968b1c7.jpg

http://photos.travellerspoint.com/66683/Moorea.JPG

http://image40.webshots.com/41/2/84/80/2835284800037384325IhIvQg_ph.jpg

http://www.photopassport.com/photos/blue_sky_green_water.jpg

http://image26.webshots.com/27/5/3/61/355350361tNLPHm_fs.jpg

http://www.destination360.com/australia-south-pacific/Tahiti/images/s/moorea-beaches.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_5-bL7ihClJo/Skz96NiwabI/AAAAAAAAAow/-zsywGCbBe0/Tahitian%20Paradise%5B4%5D.jpg

http://www.luxuryhideaways.net/images/tahiti/Tahiti-tikehau-LG.jpg

I've picked my spot! - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I want a spot up on a hill to catch the breeze and so as not to be washed away by rough seas. I have to take another look of the aerial view to see which side of the island would be safer.

I'll bring a little catamaran (we can name it The Q), so we can explore (donated by Bill Gates), and a hibachi. Um... How are we gonna get toilet paper and rum for pina colatas? Maybe we can get Bill to donate a small helicopter for supplies?

I am coming tooooooo - BUNION

[ In Reply To ..]
Already reserved. I wish!

Bunion, you are more than welcome - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
to join us.

Similar Messages:

Shipwrecked, Bunion And Sunshine State, Our Retirement Home.
Feb 18, 2010

Hi ladies, I have no work again today, so I had some time to do this.  I live in the North and as I look out my window all I see is snow (measured in feet), and I really hate the winter.  I thought it would cheer me up to post more pics of our retirement home.  I must admit I did get a little carried away, and there will probably be another post with even more pics.  I have included in these pics different huts, water, beach and inland, but I could not resist posting some pi ...

Shipwrecked, I Found You The Perfect...
Feb 17, 2010

retirement hut.  It is on the inner island.  If it makes you feel better there is no tsunami and/or hurricane season in this area of the South Pacific. Bunion, I was not sure of your island preference, water, beach or inner island hut.  There are plenty to choose from. Shipwrecked, you may have NJA tonight (I have it almost everyday as well), but it won't be long before we say "Q who" and move into these huts in paradise.  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/common ...

Retirement
Jun 14, 2011

Does anyone know what happens to our 401K? ...

About Retirement: Don't Do It If You Don't Have To
Apr 03, 2015

I'm not saying to stay on at a horrible job that you hate. Do something else if you need to, but retirement is not always as great as we've always told it would be. When I look around me, I see all the retired people wishing they had something to do, somewhere to go, and a little bit of money to spend. Their brains don't get a very good workout.  Stay active! Don't retire unless you have to. ...

Anyone Nearing Retirement At MQ
Jan 05, 2010

Just wondering if they offer a retirement packet.  ...

Retirement Plus Still Typing PT
Sep 19, 2011

MTs:  I presently work for an outsource company which has sold its MT division to another outsource company.   I will be 62 yo come January.  I am to the point now of seriously thinking about taking early retirement and only working PT 20 hours a week. If I do that I would actually be making more money that way than I would be working the 50+ hours a week I do now.   The thing that I am concerned about is I would have no health insurance unless I pay for it out of my own poc ...

Transcription Vs Retirement
Nov 21, 2011

Has anyone faced this problem?  Worked at home many years in radiation oncology then because of by out from hospital I was transfered to medical transcription department for training. When I showed up for training I was told that they "didn't quite know what to do with me". Showed up for daily training only to be sent home because volume was low. Eventually, realized that they didn't want to train me so I decided to retire. Is there any recourse? ...

Early Retirement ?
Dec 17, 2012

Thinking about taking early retirement and just working part time.  I understand I can make a little over 14,000 without reduction in social security benefits.  I would however have to purchase private insurance until I am old enough for Medicare.  Anyone done this or have any input on it?   ...

Benefits And Retirement?
Oct 20, 2013

My minimal wage MT job is offering benefits and retirement account. Wouldn't getting benefits not to mention retirement account eat further into the small-sum paycheck I get now so that it's questionable whether I can pay for food or rent? The way they offer benefits, you think they pay a "normal" amount of money. By the way, is it required to enroll in healthcare benefits now that there's a new healthcare law? ...

Retirement Vs Mmodal
Aug 21, 2014

People talk about being on a fixed income as if it's a bad  thing. After 4 pay cuts in 10 years and now facing a 3 cpl cut plus our annual Christmas pay cut, I would absolutely LOVE  to be on a fixed income! ...

Mandatory Retirement?
Apr 02, 2015

Is there a mandatory retirement age for employees and/or ICs working remotely in HIM?  If so, is it federal, or does it differ by state?  Need input on this with particular regard to Ohio and Florida, please. Thanks so much. ...

Medical Transcription After Retirement
May 21, 2012

I transcribed for over 40 years, and when I do test now, I usually test up to 95%, and that is just not good enough even for a company I previously worked for that went outsourcing after freezing us out of work.  I really loved transcribing and would do it again in a heartbear if I could get a good, steady part-time source.  Any suggestions or recommendations?  Thank you.  I am in Glendale, AZ if that will help.  ...

Early Retirement 29 Days Away
Jun 03, 2013

39 work days left at this God for saken company.  Early retirement is more money before taxes even with the $200 penalty for taking early retirement.  No more 65 hour work weeks between 2 jobs.  Working part time, 25 hours, as a cashier and customer service rep in a gocery store and making more money than at MModal.    39 Work Days Left at MModal!!!!!!!!!  If not sooner if I can afford it!!!!! ...

Part Time And Saving For Retirement
Dec 17, 2009

I'm thinking of going part time at my job so I can do something else on the side.  However, I won't be able to have a 401K or PTO.  I get medical and dental benefits through my husband's work, so that doesn't matter.  For any part timers out there, what do you do to save for retirement?  ...

Huge Numbers Of MTs Have Recently Hit Retirement Age
May 18, 2010

I've heard for maybe 10 years now that right now, 2010, is when vast numbers of MTs were supposed to hit retirement age and quit work. What is retirement age? I don't want to retire, but when does a person really need to retire even if they don't want to? ...

15 More Work Days--Early Retirement Here I Come
Jul 02, 2013

15 days and early retirement.  Can't wait until I write my letter to MModal to tell them what I think of them--will not do any good and will probably give them a good laugh for the day.  Used to love this job, but now HATE it.  Social Security with penalty and working 25 hours making more money and will be the end of 65 hour work weeks to make ends meet.  VIRTUAL RETIREMENT PARTY!!!!!! ...

Social Security Death/Retirement Benefits
Jul 10, 2010

My aunt is 63, still working, uncle 66, still working PT but receiving full SS benefits.  He has recently been diagnosed with cancer.  If he dies, and my aunt keeps working (she is working for the medical insurance), will she receive his death benefit, and will it be the same amout.  She is worried about this, well in advance (we hope) and I just wanted to ease her mind a little.  Thank you. ...

MT Home Course From At Home Professions?
Jan 27, 2010

Any info on the MT home course from At Home Professions?  ...

Do You Ever Wonder How Many At-home MTs
Nov 16, 2010

take medication for depression/anxiety disorders? ...

Well, That Hit Home.
Jun 13, 2011

I just did a report that outlined, in great detail, something that my dad went through several years ago.  He died last year and I guess with father's day coming up I am just missing him a lot.  I think that was the hardest report I have ever done!  I stopped in the middle of it and just lifted that patient up in prayer and asked that his family not have to go through what mine did.  I miss my dad!!!! I had to stop working a few minutes early because I just can't st ...

At Home MTs -
Feb 09, 2012

What do your QA people actually do?  I have two jobs, as I've said before.  Both outsource pieces of their work and at both I wonder just what it is that the QA people do?  At both I really wonder how the MT even got their job at all but I really wonder what the QA people do! At the hospital, we send the op reports out, probably 60 a day.  They get done by a company owned by the former Q but they claim they're done in America.  Every day we come in to 50 of t ...

Anything Else To Do From Home?
Nov 26, 2012

Has anyone been successful in finding a non-MT job that can be done from home with benefits?  I'm at 14 years in MT, and just cannot do it anymore.  My daughter was sick this weekend, but of course I can't afford to put her on my insurance with what they charge and what I'm making these days.  This job has turned into a complete nightmare, really need to find something else to do. ...

Working From Home?
Dec 01, 2009

Hello,   Im just finishing up a medical transcription course/certification program with Allied schools, and I was wondering if there are any of you MT's working from home or are most of you working in a hospital?  Also have any of you done the online certifications and if you did how did you get some experience under your belt to help you with the job?  I was a veterinary technician for years, so I sort of knew what I was getting into, but it has turned out to be a little mo ...

HOME MAKEOVER
Dec 07, 2009

Did anyone see the home makeover with Ty Pennington Sunday night?  The makeover was for a medical transcriptionist.  She got a gorgeous house and the bank paid off her mortgage! ...

Something We Workers-at-home Need To Consider...
Jan 21, 2010

when I started telecommuting full time.It finally penetrated my consciousness a couple of weeks ago that every year, when it came time to renew my auto insurance policy, I used to get a call from a local agent, and we'd go over the policy, making sure there were no changes. One of the questions was always how many miles did I drive to and from work each day, along with the current odometer reading, and the estimated number of miles driven each year.I haven't gotten one of those calls i ...

Do Any At Home MTs Miss This...
Feb 09, 2010

I totally miss getting a huge snowstorm (like today in my area, 10 to 14 inches) and being able to call in to work to say "I can't make it in today... the roads are horrible" I am trying hard to concentrate on work today, but all I want to do is call in to work, go outside and build a huge snowman, then shovel a little, and come in and make a huge mug of hot chocolate and watch it snow.   LET IT SNOW!!!! ...

What I Don't Like About Working At Home Right
Mar 02, 2010

now is that I would really love to tell somebody off!! Yes, I know that may sound childish, but this company has put my stress level through the roof, my blood pressure through the roof, and their BS has me so pissed off, if I were in an office where they were I would find great satisfaction in letting them have it verbally, not in writing.  Yes, I would be fired on the spot, but it would be so worth it.  It's just not the same when they don't have to face someone in person.& ...

Working At Home
Mar 09, 2010

Everyone says "I would love to work from home".  Working from home has been having negative effects on me.  I've been doing this for 12 years.  I never used to have anxiety or depression.  Now, I do.  This job is so isolating.  I'm sick and tired of staying home in my PJs.  I try to get out of the house as much as possible, but little trips to the grocery store is not cutting it.  I get depressed staying home all the time.  I lack a social l ...

Work-at-home
Apr 16, 2010

I have finished my training, but I want to work from home.  Will I have to work onsite first before applying with a company that hires MTs to work at home? ...

Anything Better Than At-home Professions Out There?
May 30, 2010

If at-home is really that bad, then is there a better school where I stand a better chance of getting hired after I'm done? Is there some kind of course I could take to get certified so as to fill in the blanks? to teach what at-home isn't? ...