A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcription vs retirement - cat

Posted: Nov 21, 2011

Has anyone faced this problem?  Worked at home many years in radiation oncology then because of by out from hospital I was transfered to medical transcription department for training. When I showed up for training I was told that they "didn't quite know what to do with me". Showed up for daily training only to be sent home because volume was low. Eventually, realized that they didn't want to train me so I decided to retire. Is there any recourse?

You should have let them fire you. - mythought

[ In Reply To ..]
If they let you go, then you could file for unemployment while deciding what to do. Maybe you still can - don't know.

Similar Messages:

Medical Transcription After Retirement
May 21, 2012

I transcribed for over 40 years, and when I do test now, I usually test up to 95%, and that is just not good enough even for a company I previously worked for that went outsourcing after freezing us out of work.  I really loved transcribing and would do it again in a heartbear if I could get a good, steady part-time source.  Any suggestions or recommendations?  Thank you.  I am in Glendale, AZ if that will help.  ...

Retirement
Jun 14, 2011

Does anyone know what happens to our 401K? ...

About Retirement: Don't Do It If You Don't Have To
Apr 03, 2015

I'm not saying to stay on at a horrible job that you hate. Do something else if you need to, but retirement is not always as great as we've always told it would be. When I look around me, I see all the retired people wishing they had something to do, somewhere to go, and a little bit of money to spend. Their brains don't get a very good workout.  Stay active! Don't retire unless you have to. ...

Anyone Nearing Retirement At MQ
Jan 05, 2010

Just wondering if they offer a retirement packet.  ...

Retirement Plus Still Typing PT
Sep 19, 2011

MTs:  I presently work for an outsource company which has sold its MT division to another outsource company.   I will be 62 yo come January.  I am to the point now of seriously thinking about taking early retirement and only working PT 20 hours a week. If I do that I would actually be making more money that way than I would be working the 50+ hours a week I do now.   The thing that I am concerned about is I would have no health insurance unless I pay for it out of my own poc ...

Early Retirement ?
Dec 17, 2012

Thinking about taking early retirement and just working part time.  I understand I can make a little over 14,000 without reduction in social security benefits.  I would however have to purchase private insurance until I am old enough for Medicare.  Anyone done this or have any input on it?   ...

Benefits And Retirement?
Oct 20, 2013

My minimal wage MT job is offering benefits and retirement account. Wouldn't getting benefits not to mention retirement account eat further into the small-sum paycheck I get now so that it's questionable whether I can pay for food or rent? The way they offer benefits, you think they pay a "normal" amount of money. By the way, is it required to enroll in healthcare benefits now that there's a new healthcare law? ...

Retirement Vs Mmodal
Aug 21, 2014

People talk about being on a fixed income as if it's a bad  thing. After 4 pay cuts in 10 years and now facing a 3 cpl cut plus our annual Christmas pay cut, I would absolutely LOVE  to be on a fixed income! ...

Mandatory Retirement?
Apr 02, 2015

Is there a mandatory retirement age for employees and/or ICs working remotely in HIM?  If so, is it federal, or does it differ by state?  Need input on this with particular regard to Ohio and Florida, please. Thanks so much. ...

Early Retirement 29 Days Away
Jun 03, 2013

39 work days left at this God for saken company.  Early retirement is more money before taxes even with the $200 penalty for taking early retirement.  No more 65 hour work weeks between 2 jobs.  Working part time, 25 hours, as a cashier and customer service rep in a gocery store and making more money than at MModal.    39 Work Days Left at MModal!!!!!!!!!  If not sooner if I can afford it!!!!! ...

Part Time And Saving For Retirement
Dec 17, 2009

I'm thinking of going part time at my job so I can do something else on the side.  However, I won't be able to have a 401K or PTO.  I get medical and dental benefits through my husband's work, so that doesn't matter.  For any part timers out there, what do you do to save for retirement?  ...

Shipwrecked, Here Are Pics Of Our Retirement Home
Jan 31, 2010

Here are some pictures of that beautiful little island I have chosen to live out the rest of my days.  Since you wanted to spend your remaining days there too, I thought you would want to see the pictures.  As you can see there are plenty of huts to choose from, I'm not sure which kind I want yet, but I am favoring one of those huts that are in the water.  I have also sent a picture of the island from an aerial view so you can see how small it is. I heard Bill gates gave aw ...

Huge Numbers Of MTs Have Recently Hit Retirement Age
May 18, 2010

I've heard for maybe 10 years now that right now, 2010, is when vast numbers of MTs were supposed to hit retirement age and quit work. What is retirement age? I don't want to retire, but when does a person really need to retire even if they don't want to? ...

15 More Work Days--Early Retirement Here I Come
Jul 02, 2013

15 days and early retirement.  Can't wait until I write my letter to MModal to tell them what I think of them--will not do any good and will probably give them a good laugh for the day.  Used to love this job, but now HATE it.  Social Security with penalty and working 25 hours making more money and will be the end of 65 hour work weeks to make ends meet.  VIRTUAL RETIREMENT PARTY!!!!!! ...

Social Security Death/Retirement Benefits
Jul 10, 2010

My aunt is 63, still working, uncle 66, still working PT but receiving full SS benefits.  He has recently been diagnosed with cancer.  If he dies, and my aunt keeps working (she is working for the medical insurance), will she receive his death benefit, and will it be the same amout.  She is worried about this, well in advance (we hope) and I just wanted to ease her mind a little.  Thank you. ...

Shipwrecked, Bunion And Sunshine State, Our Retirement Home.
Feb 18, 2010

Hi ladies, I have no work again today, so I had some time to do this.  I live in the North and as I look out my window all I see is snow (measured in feet), and I really hate the winter.  I thought it would cheer me up to post more pics of our retirement home.  I must admit I did get a little carried away, and there will probably be another post with even more pics.  I have included in these pics different huts, water, beach and inland, but I could not resist posting some pi ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

JLG Transcription - Good Or Bad, Anything About JLG Transcription?
Jun 24, 2011

Can anyone tell me, good or bad, anything about JLG Transcription? Thanks. ...

ASR -v- Transcription
Oct 12, 2009

Would someone explain to me how is that this company can legally pay us a lower rate for ASR compared to transcription?  After they pushed ASR on me, (said that I wouldn't ever get a 50:50 ratio of ASR to transcription) I am getting mostly ASR work.  My pay has dropped significantly.  Can they do this? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone know anything about, or have any experience with Q.E.D. Transcription? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription?
Nov 11, 2009

I have an interview tomorrow morning with this company, and I was wondering how they are to work for (i.e. work load, pay on time, platform, etc.).   TIA!!! ...

PRN Transcription?? Anyone??
Nov 19, 2009

Anyone have any information about P.R.N. Transcription?  Got a reply on a resume I sent out and am wondering what type of company they are???  Good, bad, ugly? ...

PRN Transcription
Nov 20, 2009

For those of you who have recently posted regarding PRN and have worked for them, is this the company out of Ohio?? ...

NOW Transcription
Dec 23, 2009

Hi all!  I was just wondering if anyone worked for NOW Transcription or if anyone knew anything about this company?  Any input would be appreciated. ...