A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need clarification on rules for sending cc's.. sm - ververyoldMT

Posted: May 11, 2010

Okay, I got a ding today from my extremely sweet and helpful QATL.  It seems I did not send as a cc a requesting physician dictated.  I looked at the report and I did enter the requesting physician in the ADT and the body of the report.  I thought if they did not specifically request a cc be sent, then you did not.   Am I wrong?   Old dog needs help.  Also, I thought if the Req Physician was in the ADT it automatically received a carbon copy..  Hmmm...

I know it can be confusing, but... - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
It depends on the CP. The way I understand it is that CP is first, MQ guidelines second and AAMT/whatever they call themselves now, BOS 2 third. I only put in a CC from the database if the full name is given. If it is not given, I type in the last name as an "add new" option. If you have followed these guidelines and still get dinged, I would contact your QATL and ask for further instruction. Make sure it is in email form so you can CYA.

Similar Messages:

Clarification Please
Mar 03, 2010

If there are corp spies on here, could you please explain to us the math?  Obviously nobody understands it and there is a lot at stake here.  Do you sleep well at night, picturing all those posting here about crying, not being able to pay bills, losing 2/3 pay, etc.  Do you really feel good collecting your salary when you read all this?  Do you really believe the corporate propaganda about how this is a good thing?  Try walking in our shoes for a while.  Start out y ...

Clarification
Jul 21, 2010

"The cystic duct was "probed patent" or "probe patent" Also, when typing numbers to specify digits, it is  2nd metatarsal or second metatarsal. Thanks for any and all responses. ...

Need Clarification
Feb 04, 2011

After a 5-year break from being an MT, I am working for a small MTSO as an editor.  I am trying to implement some quality standards for consistency.  I need clarification of a few items to make sure they haven't changed in the last few years. 12 o'clock - regarding position still accurate? Need guidance on numbers - numerals in dosages, measurements and ages - has that changed?   Thanks! ...

Help! Need MME Clarification
May 07, 2012

I try to make corrections according to MME feedback, which sometimes is conflicting and makes me nuts.  I have a question about diagnoses/impressions.  I know dictated abbreviations should be expanded.  Dictated:  CAD with PCI and CABG. Transcribed:  Coronary artery disease with PCI and CABG. Corrected:  Coronary artery disease with percutaneous coronary intervention and coronary artery bypass grafting. PCI and CABG are not diagnoses, but procedures, so why woul ...

Clarification Of QC%
Dec 23, 2014

Has anyone else had a very high QC% these last two weeks? Mine has been off the chart, as in, higher than it's ever been and not matching what I'm actually sending to QC myself.  It also doesn't match what's in FIESA (which would also include files that go to QC automatically). Anyone else have this issue?  I asked my TSM and she said, "The percentages come straight from FIESA and what's being reviewed."  As in, avoided the question.  With them back ...

Clarification On Thyroidisms
Nov 02, 2009

am new to diabetes and just want to clarify that Hashimoto's is only hypothyroidism and Graves is only hyperthroidism.    Thanks ...

A Great Clarification Of Buy-Out
Feb 04, 2010

Please see the following article from - I think - Business Week, regarding the buy-out of Spheris.  I think it should make us all breathe a little easier.  It seems to clarify that there are 2 separate worlds, and that MQ intends to keep its U.S.-based transcription entirely separate from CBay's India-based transcription: Spheris, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a Delaware court on Wednesday, already has two buyers lined up for the privately owned company: MedQuist Inc. ...

Anyone Get Clarification On The 3 Cents? Sm
Mar 09, 2010

anyone get clarification on the 3 cents a line we will be getting for ALL reports over 10% and later 5% or just 3 cents less a line for only the reports that get sent to QA?  Anyone know? ...

Need Clarification Regarding Capitalization
May 18, 2010

Which is the correct way to capitalize this? Johnson Memorial Hospital Emergency Department or Johnson Memorial emergency department.   Thanks! ...

Nitrate/nitrite Clarification
Jan 29, 2011

Does nitrate refer to urine and nitrite to cardiac or is it the other way around?     ...

Clarification - Procedure Codes
Sep 18, 2011

Can anyone clariify a procedure code for me.  What is the difference between 99.10 - infusion/injection of thrombolytic agent and 36.04 - intracoronary artery thrombolytic infusion   I have researched this all day and cannot find an answer.  Does 36.04 which states direct injection mean open surgery (CABG)?  I cannot find anything that tells me the difference.  Thanks in advance.  CathyCoder ...

Dictate Express -- Some Clarification
Jun 04, 2013

There were some recent posts regarding Dictate Express and their rate of pay.  This is general transcription and the account I am on has very clear speakers.  A template is provided to use.  Granted, there were "gripes about their pay; however, the first report I did was a little over 900 lines, so if I can do 2-3 files a day, then that would make for a decent paycheck. ...

Steroid Injection Clarification
Jan 17, 2014

I have an orthopedist testifying re an subacromial steroid injection for bursitis. He says, "I need a 43 and 3," in re to the shot itself. I can't find anything on this. I am only guessing that 43 is a milligram or dose, and 3 might be the size of the needle? I don't know how to write this. Does anyone know? Thanks! ...

TT/IMEDX Office365 Clarification
Mar 04, 2015

Hey, got an e-mail back from IT. Those of us who are ".net" just have to worry about having the correct browser. Whew!!  ...

Town Hall Meeting Clarification
Aug 20, 2013

Blah! Blah! Blah! Please clarify something that stood out for me.  ". . . beginning of 2012 pay rates increased 6.6% and beginning 2013, 3.4%." For who?  Surely, not for me.  My pay has decreased substantially in the the last 3 years with more time spent editing each day. HMMMMM.   ...

Hypen Rules
Oct 31, 2010

Is not-too-distant future hyphenated?  Thanks ...

Rules Regarding Copies
Oct 03, 2011

I had always thought that the dictator received an automatic copy but in checking the MQ rules/standards, I don't see this.   Does anyone know for sure?  Should we copy the dictator if requested?  ...

MT Rules Changes Constantly
Aug 14, 2012

Does anybody else get emails of updated account specs or just in general about how this is now changing in the MT world and things such as hyphens are being phased out, among other changes to make the document "more readable".  I wonder...all these changes to how we are supposed to do our jobs, yet the only changes to what we are paid to do our job is a negative with pays dropping instead of going up.  I say it here and I can say it so many times, if somebody can sit in an office and c ...

HIPAA Rules
Oct 08, 2013

When a consultant's office calls the referred patient, is that office allowed to say the name of their office?  Ex:  Got a call from a GI office for my husband.  The woman gave her first name and said she needed his medical hx before she could schedule an appointment.  I asked what office she was from, and she said she couldn't say because of HIPAA but that it was a referral from his PCP.  Is it true that because of HIPAA we can't even know who's ...

New Change In Rules, Again
Dec 23, 2013

used to be when we ran out of work we could chose to make up time or take PTO, this was even at Thanksgiving.  Now we get the email that after waiting 6 mins some of you are taking PTO, but now we can't do this.  Now we are supposed to flex.  So just because the "lead" lets toooooo many people off I'm supposed to just keep checking and checking, that's great, i'll just do that after cooking our dinner and watching the kids open gifts and if I get work it'l ...

Number Rules
Mar 06, 2014

I don't know what the AAMT book of style does with regards to typing out numbers such as in this sentence:  I provided this patient and her 2 daughters with education regarding her diagnosis and treatment options.  Would you use numerals for "2" daughters in this case or would you type out "two"??? ...

So Many Rules, So Little Time
Aug 31, 2014

When I think about all the things we have to do, we really are more like administrative assistants than transcriptionists.  We have so much to do.  Make sure you put DOS, if given.  Make sure you list, or don't like as per client specs, unless dictator requests ??  Go by client profile or DSQ standard.  Which one is it this day?  Okay,  NOW okay to use q.h.s., so if put q.h.s. QA marks over it and still puts bedtime.  Okay to use cc  instead of m ...

Question About HIPAA Rules
Jan 13, 2010

Couldn't we just leave a note on any report with a cc to "please verify physician name for copy" which would then take the burden off of our shoulders? Not a QA marker, but by doing Ctrl + Shift + Q. I plan on leaving a note for anything that is questionable at all, ie., only last name given, unclear, cannot verify, whatever... I am not going down with them.  Fire me for it, then I will file for unemployment and win because they cannot fire you for a doctors mistake and then I might ...

Klein, Cline Rules For Dvt?
May 08, 2011

D-dimer is negative, making a pulmonary embolus unlikely by _______rules?   s/l Kline, Klein, Cline rules?? ...

Sometimes Certain Rules Just Don't Make Sense
Oct 24, 2011

There are some things that don't make sense to me in regard to certain rules for companies.  At my company, when you send something to QA, you have to put a blank and the number where it is, but if we think something "sounds" like something we cannot put that in because the QA person could hear what we are hearing and not really hear what is being said.  Now, what in the heck is VR then?  Sometimes when you see text presented on screen it may sound like what you are seeing.&n ...

Questions About HIPAA Rules
Jun 15, 2012

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge in regard to HIPAA violations and whether certain rules apply only in certain circumstances.  I had a workers comp claim and had my IME closing exam in March.  There were problems - the doctor assumed that he knew it all, didn't take any history from me and then rushed me through the exam and closed my claim.  I wasn't happy with the way the exam was conducted, and then on reading my exam report I found a number of mistakes, so ...

Mandatory OT/pay-per-line OT Rules
Jul 24, 2013

Our department was recently "onboarded" by a transcription service where we are now paid by the line.  We have had several days where we had "mandatory OT" where the boss would email and tell everyone they needed to do 1.5 hours of OT that day.  In my state, VT, the law says if you are required to work over 8 hours in a day you have to be paid OT pay.  Does anyone know how this works for pay-by-line work?  I know many of the practices of this company are questionable and ...

Current Number Rules?
Oct 11, 2013

Number rules.  I've been doing this a long time...but I just want to ask the group.  If there are no account-specific rules, is this sentence correct? "He has had 5 episodes since 08/10/2001." I think I'm correct, at least this is how I've been doing it.  What does the new BOS say?  I quit MQ/MM and don't have the current edition. Thanks ...

Abbreviations In Impression Rules
Sep 10, 2014

I know that according to AAMT we are not supposed to put abbreviations in the Impression/Diagnoses sections, but does that include ALL abbreviations?  Or just ones pertaining to diseases?  For instance, are we supposed to spell out MRI in the impression?  Or just diseases, like PUD or COPD?   I'm a bit confused because I put "MRI" in the impression and QA left that as is, but I also put "PT" and they expanded it out to "physical therapy." Does anyone know? Thanks in a ...

Don't See Anyone Here Talking About The New Rules That Have Not Even Been Instituted Yet. Sm
Dec 20, 2014

The hopeful folks....did you forget we have not even started with the new guidelines by which our work will be audited at a yet unspecified date?  You may be feeling all warm and comfy right now with your 99.9% to 100% reviews.  I would not be counting on that. I've had plenty of those, too, and regularly achieved the quarterly bonus up until recently. So, I work 25 hours, and they audited 1 report only with 1 error and I am at a tad over 98%. Meanwhile, I pended 4 jobs and that ...