A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lost Primary Account - Melinda

Posted: Sep 11, 2011

Today is Sunday, I work in the South Region and I'm getting a hospital I never had before.  I have had the same hospital for a very long time and used to never run out of work and now it is just about gone.  On Sundays we always had overtime, especially when there is maintenance we would always get way behind.  I'm so sad.  I loved that hospital.  I think everyone on here is right about them sending more and more work to India.  It's happening, obviously, and I'm getting more and more worried.  I have a part-time job.  I'm thinking now about going full time with them and was wondering, if I switch my MQ hours to part-time will they make me give back my computer and get my own?

I lost two hospitals. Both very wonderful - and had good dictators.

[ In Reply To ..]
Those are the ones that get shipped. We get the ones "nobody" can type.

Melinda: - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You will not have to give back computer if you go to part time.

I lost my account over 4 years ago. Lost every account since. I get thrown around to whatever acccount has 1 job pop up and have done so for 3 years now. It sucks.

Now I just run out every day.

To Melinda - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
No Melinda, unless things have changed since my departure from even PT a couple weeks ago. I went to PT last fall after the first pay cut to allow me to put in more hours at the job I eventually left the Q to become full time with. I didn't have to return my computer till I left....permanent and totally. Best of luck to you!!!

Account lost - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
You should be able to keep your equipment I believe. I lost 2 of my accounts to India as well in the South region. It is a really scary time. I just don't know what to do either. I am at the age where I am too young for SS benefits, too old to matter. Any place you suggest trying to apply to? Good luck to you!!!

employment with medquist - frustrated and leery

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been offered a position with MedQuist to include both transcription and VR (which I have never done before)but seeing all the posts about running out of work and losing accounts I have to wonder why they are even hiring more people and should I just turn tail and run! Is there anyone out there that likes working for MedQuist?

run as far and as fast as you can. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Lost My Primary Yesterday. Today More NJA.
Apr 15, 2010

Would seem a little suspicious that I am Tier 3 and make a decent line rate.  Looks like my handwriting on the wall.  Have been just typing away, trying not to draw any attention to myself, work my shift, no griping about anything.  Doesn't matter.  Whoever will do it the cheapest gets the work.  ...

Primary Account? What, All 20 Of Them?
Oct 15, 2012

Mentor this!!! ...

The Primary Account, I Never Get It And I Have
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

Primary Account
Jan 29, 2013

If we have been working on an account and know it well and produce well and all of a sudden are asked to switch to a new account, do we have any right to request to stay on our first account?  Just wondering if it is asking too much.    ...

Where The Hay Is My Primary Account?
May 19, 2014

My primary account that I've had for 7 years has basically disappeared. When I inquire about the reports from this account I get no answers.  Am I supposed to be satisfied with accounts I know nothing about, accounts that I asked to be removed from my work pool, just to have work available.  SHEESH!  I've had more than I can deal with from Nuance! ...

Primary Account OOW
Feb 26, 2015

What's up with that?  I have a decent seconday, but definitely prefer my primary.  I rarely have to go to my secondar, but now, for the second day in a row, my primary is OOW.  Where did it go??  I can't imagine that the hospital/clinics don't have any patients..... ...

No Primary, No Secondary Or Third Account Work
Mar 05, 2010

This company wants me to sit here and  type up unfamiliar accounts, get audited on it or send to QA and get deducted for it.  Can we audit and deduct pay, bonuses, new cars, homes, lunch dates from our board of directors?  I was always told I can wait and work later when more work comes in, BUT NOT WITH THIS NEW SCHEDULESOURCE COMING IN BECAUSE THEY WILL LOCK ME OUT? THIS COMPANY IS DANG CONTRADICTING.    ...

No Work On Primary Account This Week
Jun 11, 2010

For the last week I have not had my primary account and have been getting unfamiliar accounts.  I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?  My line count is way down and I am sure there is no way I will be able to make it up.  I would really like to get out of this job and find something else, but I need to be at home to stay with my child and at-home jobs are few and far between. ...

Anyone At Synernet Getting To Work On Their Primary Account?
Jun 09, 2014

I was wondering if anyone is getting to work on their primary accounts at all? Each and every report I have been getting is a new account, new work type, new dictators, etc. I leave work just about every day with a horrible headache because of being stressed over having to look up account specs, sample reports to make sure I'm formatting them correctly or trying to figure out what's been said. I am lucky to break minimum line counts daily now, so I wondered, if I'm not getting ...

Anyone Not Getting To Work On Your Primary Account At Synernet?
Aug 17, 2014

Once again, it has been weeks since I have gotten to work on my primary and I am so sick of this! Please tell me I am not the only one.  Each day it is starting to become more and more depressing to be here.  I am sick of having to look at job specs EVERY report because every one of them are a sifferent account and worktype. I used to make decent money even at 7 cpl and now that VR is thrown in at an insultin 4 cpl I will be having to get a part time job so my kids don't starve. I ...

Workload Has Exploded On My Primary Account...
Mar 22, 2015

nm ...

To The 1 Person Cherry-picking On My Primary Account
Dec 12, 2014

You know who you are, and I know who you are.  I have been watching you do this for months now.  Whether you realize it or not, while you are playing this game, switching back and forth from VR and typing, logging off and logging on depending on the dictators, you are causing a decrease in my production.  You have been around long enough to know if there are numerous reports in typing from yesterday, you should not be on VR doing the easy reports dictated just an hour ago tod ...

Lost Account To EMR :(
Jan 19, 2010

Last week I was told that the account I was working on went to EMR and they do not need any of the MTs on that account anymore.  :(  I have been sending out my resume but no bites.  I have 12 years of MT experience.  Where are the jobs? ...

Lost Account
Apr 04, 2015

Just heard that we lost one of our biggest accounts because of TAT.  I'm sure this means no more overtime, probably will be running out of work a lot too.  Too bad 'cause I loved all the overtime. ...

Had A Good Job And Lost The Account..
Feb 11, 2010

We lost our account because an MT had a disagreement about how long she was put on QA for.  She decided to quit and demanded all money be paid right then.  When she was told that she would be paid for that pay period when payment was originally due she wouldn't have it and went to the main company worked was subbed from, started a big mess and to make a long story short, nobody has a job now cause we lost the account.  Why does 1 MT have to ruin things for everyone.  I r ...

Transcend Lost A Big Account
Oct 20, 2010

There is rumor that Transcend has lost a huge account and I see someone further down on the board figures this to be true since she now has work in this account, only she is working for a different MTSO.  Anyone care to elaborate?  I say this is only the beginning for them, the way they push and shove until TAT is down to about 3 minutes.  You only get what you pay for in this industry.  Plus you also get what you have coming, after the way Transcend treats their MTs.  ...

Anyone Else On That Sweet Account That Was Lost?
Jun 22, 2012

Wondering if anyone else worked for the West Coast hospital account that went away this week? ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Are Any Ex-Webbers Following The Lost Account To MedQuist?
Sep 03, 2010

nm ...

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

My MTSO Pretty Much Lost An Account....
Aug 12, 2014

It was my secondary account and wasn't a bad one to do.  The client got a new EMR that has them doing most, if not all, of the work on their end and very little, if any, left for us.  I hope this isn't a sign of the times ahead for me.  (Sigh) ...

Account That TransTech/Imedx Just Lost
Dec 09, 2014

We were told it went to a competitor and that the client just decided to move in a different direction.  Can anyone verify this to be truth?  Or did it really go to India and we are just being told it went to a competitor.  Also, does anyone know how many MTs are going to have to be dispersed amongst other primary accounts? ...

Another GREAT Account Lost To India In North!
Apr 29, 2010

Gosh this make me sick!  It is not my primary account, but I have worked on this account, one you can actually make good money because almost no ESLs.  Hopefully the little indians will screw up! ...

Was A Major Account Beginning With Letter S Lost?
Jan 20, 2011

NM ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

Question On Scan Medical For People That Lost Account
May 23, 2011

Did anyone that lost their account at Scan get hired by the new company that took the account over or try to apply with them.  ...

"PRIMARY" Account Yeah Right!
Oct 03, 2013

I am sick of hearing I was "given" 2 primary accounts, but never see them, and instead am getting accounts I have never seen before! I am so close to quitting this very minute. I truly wish "they" had to suffer through this!!! I just needed to vent before I quit, which I may still do before this 8 hours is up. I worked my rear end off to gain experience and knowledge all these years for this? Guess I am a fool for thinking this would be a great career...not so much. Bitter pill to swallow an ...

Just Curious If Anyone Else Lost Their Account This Week Due To "Dragon."
Jan 17, 2014

nm ...

No Primary
Jan 14, 2014

So now the newest thing is not to be assigned a primary and they think that is going to help our line count?  How?  Too much looking up CP's as there are an awful lot of them even for the same account, but different locations.  This is just crazy. ...