A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone else on that sweet account that was lost? - anon

Posted: Jun 22, 2012

Wondering if anyone else worked for the West Coast hospital account that went away this week?

which one? my account is on the west coast. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I still have work.

Must not be the same one if you're still working. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Word ended first part of the week.

You can have mine - I hate what MT has become and on my way out. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
College branched out here in my area and starting in August, offering medical assistant, phlebotomist and computer tech courses. I'm seriously thinking of the med assist course, but I'll need some financial aid and a part-time job. I'd rather work at McDonalds than this anymore.
I want too - wish they'd fire me so i could collect UE and go back to school. - mt_not_for_long
[ In Reply To ..]
:)
Check your facts before you wish. UE won't pay - long enough to train for a job that
[ In Reply To ..]
will support you. Those little 3-month phlebotomist-type certificates are good for people without education or skills being pushed to try for their first real paying job. You can't actually support yourself on what they pay. You also can't pay even trade school tuition on what UE pays.

Time to sign up for classes is right now, while you still have a job. Night school classes are wall to wall with people who come from working all day to do something nice for themselves. You'll have lots of good-quality company.
You're right. - mt_not_for_long
[ In Reply To ..]

The one that starts with a "D"? - Yes, it will be missed. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
/

Yes, was a good one. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Perhaps - StarvingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was working an account doing ER and PT, they had use bust our behinds to clear the system so the hospital could do an update--then the work was gone. No explanation!! Did you have the same experience?

Similar situation - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My account does not start wtih a "D" but this week, after months of tons of work and constant OT, we got an "invitation" to "volunteer" to switch accounts due to low volumes. How does this make sense????

My account is in the west and I have no clue what the heck is going on with it, but I am NERVOUS.

lost accounts - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The west coast CHW accounts were lost to M*Modal, including my old favorite that started with "D", I used to work on all of them (I believe 4 left) - one in southern CA, one in SF, and Redding/Mt. Shasta.

The former TL for the "D" account told us... - Toby-won-kenobi

[ In Reply To ..]
months ago that this account was leaving. TL left, the account stayed, didn't hear another thing about it until last week when our current TL mentioned it in passing and that we would be clearing up the final reports this week (last day was Tuesday). I've been with Webmedx/Nuance 4 years and I think this is the 3rd account that's been lost (that I've worked on). Each time we were told in advance and offered new accounts. I can certainly see how this could have been a surprise to relatively new team members because it seems like it's been months (up until last week) that anything has been mentioned (unless I missed an e-mail along the say.)

Similar Messages:

Lost Account To EMR :(
Jan 19, 2010

Last week I was told that the account I was working on went to EMR and they do not need any of the MTs on that account anymore.  :(  I have been sending out my resume but no bites.  I have 12 years of MT experience.  Where are the jobs? ...

Lost Account
Apr 04, 2015

Just heard that we lost one of our biggest accounts because of TAT.  I'm sure this means no more overtime, probably will be running out of work a lot too.  Too bad 'cause I loved all the overtime. ...

Had A Good Job And Lost The Account..
Feb 11, 2010

We lost our account because an MT had a disagreement about how long she was put on QA for.  She decided to quit and demanded all money be paid right then.  When she was told that she would be paid for that pay period when payment was originally due she wouldn't have it and went to the main company worked was subbed from, started a big mess and to make a long story short, nobody has a job now cause we lost the account.  Why does 1 MT have to ruin things for everyone.  I r ...

Transcend Lost A Big Account
Oct 20, 2010

There is rumor that Transcend has lost a huge account and I see someone further down on the board figures this to be true since she now has work in this account, only she is working for a different MTSO.  Anyone care to elaborate?  I say this is only the beginning for them, the way they push and shove until TAT is down to about 3 minutes.  You only get what you pay for in this industry.  Plus you also get what you have coming, after the way Transcend treats their MTs.  ...

Lost Primary Account
Sep 11, 2011

Today is Sunday, I work in the South Region and I'm getting a hospital I never had before.  I have had the same hospital for a very long time and used to never run out of work and now it is just about gone.  On Sundays we always had overtime, especially when there is maintenance we would always get way behind.  I'm so sad.  I loved that hospital.  I think everyone on here is right about them sending more and more work to India.  It's happening, obviou ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Are Any Ex-Webbers Following The Lost Account To MedQuist?
Sep 03, 2010

nm ...

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

My MTSO Pretty Much Lost An Account....
Aug 12, 2014

It was my secondary account and wasn't a bad one to do.  The client got a new EMR that has them doing most, if not all, of the work on their end and very little, if any, left for us.  I hope this isn't a sign of the times ahead for me.  (Sigh) ...

Account That TransTech/Imedx Just Lost
Dec 09, 2014

We were told it went to a competitor and that the client just decided to move in a different direction.  Can anyone verify this to be truth?  Or did it really go to India and we are just being told it went to a competitor.  Also, does anyone know how many MTs are going to have to be dispersed amongst other primary accounts? ...

Another GREAT Account Lost To India In North!
Apr 29, 2010

Gosh this make me sick!  It is not my primary account, but I have worked on this account, one you can actually make good money because almost no ESLs.  Hopefully the little indians will screw up! ...

Was A Major Account Beginning With Letter S Lost?
Jan 20, 2011

NM ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

Question On Scan Medical For People That Lost Account
May 23, 2011

Did anyone that lost their account at Scan get hired by the new company that took the account over or try to apply with them.  ...

Just Curious If Anyone Else Lost Their Account This Week Due To "Dragon."
Jan 17, 2014

nm ...

Sweet.....
Jan 06, 2011

Just had a doc thank me at the end of a dictation, wished me a Happy New Year, and said he appreciated all my help today.   I'd like to kiss that guy on the forehead!!! ...

Sweet!
Apr 03, 2012

I was at the end of a 20-minute report when the system went down and since it was down 2-1/2 hours, I thought it was gone for good.  I started working when the system came back up and now, 2 hours later, the report came back to me and I was able to recover everything!!  ...

Who Says Teenagers Can't Be Sweet? Sm
Apr 14, 2010

Today is my birthday, and last night at midnight, my 18 y/o son toasted a frozen waffle, put whipped cream on it along with some pineapple and grapefruits pieces, and lit it with four candles. I almost cried. How I am going to miss that boy when he goes off to college in Kerrville this fall! Sorry if this is sappy. ...

Doc Is Sweet But Clueless
Jul 03, 2014

At the end of the report I just completed, the nice dictator ended by saying, "Thank you for transcribing this note and have a happy 3-day weekend."  I honestly can't even REMEMBER when I had one of those!!!  Would if I could, Doc! Oh well... P.S.  All of you on the East Coast, STAY SAFE!  I'm praying for you guys.  I'm in the midwest where we're having unusually cool resort weather...it doesn't seem fair!  Happy 4th though!!!   ...

Thanks For All Of Your Sweet Comments, It Truly Helps To Commiserate With Y'all
Dec 28, 2011

Goodnight, God bless! Better days... ...

Sample Short-N-Sweet Letter To The Editor
May 19, 2012

Just Passing Along! Ocala Fl In- House Mt Supervisor Job. Sweet Hours
Feb 24, 2013

http://health-care-jobs.advanceweb.com/job-details.php?jobid=156482&jobFltr=&comFltr=&stFltr=&cityFltr=&page= This link is for a mon - fri 8-430 MT supervisor in house position in Ocala fl. Thought I'd pass it along. Just wish I lived there for this job!! ...

Just Typed My Last Report Ever And Have Officially Said Goodbye To Nuance - Bitter Sweet
May 07, 2015

Today ends an era of an 18-year career as a medical transcriptionist.  I resigned a couple weeks' back to accept a position outside of the transcription industry.  It is bitter sweet because transcription has been such a huge part of my life and became a part of my way of living.  I won't trash talk Nuance today because it has absolutely no benefit.  After all, I was able to muddle through the changes as well as what I see as unethical policies and procedures and wa ...

I Swear I Am Hearing "stay Sweet Protocol" And Nothing Else
May 10, 2015

section and this was not mentioned at all throughout the rest of the note prior to this time.    Has anyone heard of this?  Google was no help. ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Don't Forget, You Will Be QA'd On Each Account, That Could Account
Jun 08, 2015

.... I read notes below to this effect. Oh, and don't forget to NOT count QC lines and scores when you calculate your QA score on FIESA.   ...or just ignore it altogether.    ...

Lost In OB
Jun 21, 2010

Procedure EFM toco?  ...

NEW IC LOST AT SEA - Please Help - Sm
Jul 22, 2010

I need advice.  I have just recently gone from employee (for over 35 years) to independent contractor.  This has probably been asked or discussed before, but I never paid any attention to the discussions as it never pertained to me; now I wish I had read the posts.  I feel lost here.  I was hired in the usual manner, and told what my line rate would be.  I understand the part about no taxes taken out, no benefits, etc.  I was also told what hours/days they need ...

I Did My Best And Still Lost The Job
Mar 21, 2012

I trained for 5 days and was called today and told I was terminated. No explanation but their instructions on page breaks sucked and I had off and on problems with them. They sent a video to watch and and would not play on my computer and I told them about it. All they did was send it to me again and still didn't work. These companies are all about greed and do not want to take time to really train someone who really wants to learn their job. ...