A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Was a major account beginning with letter S lost? - Strange things going on.

Posted: Jan 20, 2011

NM

I've been getting a lot of new accounts lately...sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember last year at this time the transcription volume at MedQuist tanked and I had to go on partial unemployment. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that this year but I may have to as I'm swimming in the cesspool every day because my usual accounts are down to nil.

This is playing havoc on my check just at a time when I thought things were going to get better. How foolish I was to think that things might get better at this company!

For all you flamers out there, yes, I'm looking for another job but I live in Michigan and there's not much out there, especially if you're over 50 like me. Our neighborhood grocery store had 30 applicants just for a deli clerk job! It's a fight for survival here. None of the docs in this town nor the 2 hospitals here have transcription departments anymore.

I'm too old to go back to school and couldn't afford it, anyway. I know I'm not the only woman in this position. That's little comfort, though.

doctor office transcription - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Where do the doctors send their transcription? Or is it done by point and click?

My doctor's just enter cryptic notes in a laptop - now.

[ In Reply To ..]

I would guess sent to India. When I worked - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
for "the giant company who bought the other giant company" and accounts would "disappear", we would hear that many of those were good enough to be sent to India.

We do quality work & get the clients happy, then they send it to India, then the clients complain because the quality is so horrible all of a sudden so they bring the accounts back to the US MTs, then once the client is happy again, back it goes to India and the never-ending cycle continues. I know the suits just want to make a higher profit, but they don't understand that India will never be able to produce the same quality.

From your lips to MQ CEO!!! nm - mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

As long as it saves a nickle/earns a nickle, this cycle - will continue. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

re: Account with "S" - ET

[ In Reply To ..]
No, they were unhappy with the Qs TAT and did not renew their contract with them. They went with that #1 company.
(got the inside scoop from a person that works in that med records dept)

??? - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
That #1 co. ??? - is who? If it's the same acct. we are talking about, the dictation is very thin - and I am doing work on secondary accounts nightly. Lots of MT work too as opposed to SR.

Was that a Spheris account? - Tina Tuna

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

! Imedx To Lose Major Account
Nov 22, 2014

If  you woke up this morning with several hundred jobs out of TAT on a major account for IMEDX, you should not be surprised. Imedx made their bed when they offered 12 hour TAT versus the 24 hour TAT that was prior, just to get an account. This is nothing new, this industry's MTSO have been lowering the bar just to get more accounts. QA over the years has gotten tougher, which a subjective 98.5% pass rate. When I tell everyone that my grandkid got a 97.4% on a test and was expelled, th ...

Lost Account To EMR :(
Jan 19, 2010

Last week I was told that the account I was working on went to EMR and they do not need any of the MTs on that account anymore.  :(  I have been sending out my resume but no bites.  I have 12 years of MT experience.  Where are the jobs? ...

Lost Account
Apr 04, 2015

Just heard that we lost one of our biggest accounts because of TAT.  I'm sure this means no more overtime, probably will be running out of work a lot too.  Too bad 'cause I loved all the overtime. ...

Had A Good Job And Lost The Account..
Feb 11, 2010

We lost our account because an MT had a disagreement about how long she was put on QA for.  She decided to quit and demanded all money be paid right then.  When she was told that she would be paid for that pay period when payment was originally due she wouldn't have it and went to the main company worked was subbed from, started a big mess and to make a long story short, nobody has a job now cause we lost the account.  Why does 1 MT have to ruin things for everyone.  I r ...

Transcend Lost A Big Account
Oct 20, 2010

There is rumor that Transcend has lost a huge account and I see someone further down on the board figures this to be true since she now has work in this account, only she is working for a different MTSO.  Anyone care to elaborate?  I say this is only the beginning for them, the way they push and shove until TAT is down to about 3 minutes.  You only get what you pay for in this industry.  Plus you also get what you have coming, after the way Transcend treats their MTs.  ...

Lost Primary Account
Sep 11, 2011

Today is Sunday, I work in the South Region and I'm getting a hospital I never had before.  I have had the same hospital for a very long time and used to never run out of work and now it is just about gone.  On Sundays we always had overtime, especially when there is maintenance we would always get way behind.  I'm so sad.  I loved that hospital.  I think everyone on here is right about them sending more and more work to India.  It's happening, obviou ...

Anyone Else On That Sweet Account That Was Lost?
Jun 22, 2012

Wondering if anyone else worked for the West Coast hospital account that went away this week? ...

Notified Of Meeting This Week To Go Over All Major Errors For Our Main Account
Aug 04, 2013

Got email stating conference call this week for all of our "errors" we are making - what fun!! ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

Are Any Ex-Webbers Following The Lost Account To MedQuist?
Sep 03, 2010

nm ...

Nuance Just Lost Huge Account
Sep 04, 2012

Just got email that stated that one of Nuance largest accounts has left them for another "vendor"  They will be slowly removing them from pool and putting everybody elsewhere so they say ...

My MTSO Pretty Much Lost An Account....
Aug 12, 2014

It was my secondary account and wasn't a bad one to do.  The client got a new EMR that has them doing most, if not all, of the work on their end and very little, if any, left for us.  I hope this isn't a sign of the times ahead for me.  (Sigh) ...

Account That TransTech/Imedx Just Lost
Dec 09, 2014

We were told it went to a competitor and that the client just decided to move in a different direction.  Can anyone verify this to be truth?  Or did it really go to India and we are just being told it went to a competitor.  Also, does anyone know how many MTs are going to have to be dispersed amongst other primary accounts? ...

Another GREAT Account Lost To India In North!
Apr 29, 2010

Gosh this make me sick!  It is not my primary account, but I have worked on this account, one you can actually make good money because almost no ESLs.  Hopefully the little indians will screw up! ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

Question On Scan Medical For People That Lost Account
May 23, 2011

Did anyone that lost their account at Scan get hired by the new company that took the account over or try to apply with them.  ...

Just Curious If Anyone Else Lost Their Account This Week Due To "Dragon."
Jan 17, 2014

nm ...

MAJOR, MAJOR PROBLEMS This Morning With
Sep 11, 2010

Cannot get the voice to download all the way causing me to not finish report completely. ...

* Imedx And Major, Major Changes In 2 Weeks, Probably
Feb 14, 2015

Okay, let's sum it up: 1. Imedx hid information on losing more than one account for months, this is a fact. 2. Number one above is confirmed by Imedx having an acct going to EPIC, and a few days later 3 accounts that we "do not have access to anymore" as stated by manager. 3. Number two above did not say we lost, or Nuance took back, etc., just "no access." 4. In other words, work shifted to cheaper folks, we get that. 5. Lack of any emails in 2 weeks regarding what is going on is abso ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

A New Beginning
Apr 27, 2012

Glorious day, Glorious day!  I am outta here.  Can anyone who has also had the pleasure please tell me how to go about getting my 3 weeks of PTO owed to me and how long this process takes?  Also returning my computer and regaining my deposit on that?  FYI there are companies out there that do care....You just have to look. ...

Beginning To See A Pattern Here
Nov 20, 2009

All these companies stink and this job rots...I put my resume in on Thurs w/ Keystrokes and they hired me on Friday at a higher line rate 9cpl...Got the shift I wanted but not the days off which really doesn't matter to me, just have to flex around some existing doc appts. Never worked meditech...DocQuscribe is a hard platform to follow, it is GREAT...MQ just stinks...I tried Spheris they had their good and bad on platform..The one I am on now crescendo stinks royal in many ways..God I can& ...

P.r.n. At The Beginning Of Sentence?
Jan 07, 2011

If p.r.n. is the first word in a sentence, would it be correct to type "P.r.n." or should I combine it with the first sentence with a semicolon? I am not sure if the two sentences are directly related, though. ...

EPIC Is The Beginning Of The End...
Dec 20, 2011

Work for a MTSO who had more than we could do, EPIC on board and now are fightly over the few scraps... in a matter of weeks, things can change FAST... Time to dust off the resume.. for what it's worth.   ...

P.r.n. Or P.R.N. At The Beginning Of A Sentence
Mar 24, 2012

This has always bugged me.  It looks better with P.R.N. (all caps) at the beginning of a sentence, instead of P.r.n. (just first letter cap'd).   Also, P.O. or P.o. at the beginning of a sentence. 1.  Bactrim. 2.  P.R.N. or P.r.n. fentanyl. 3.  P.O. or P.o. steroids. 4.  Potassium.   Any suggestions? Thanks!   ...

P.r.n. At Beginning Of Sentence
Jul 14, 2012

Doctor says p.r.n. splint use as starting a new sentence. This is a verbatim account, so should it be P.r.n. splint use? ...

Not Following CP's Is Beginning To Catch Up.
Oct 04, 2012

Some clients starting to notice and complaining. But geez, some of those CP's are so lengthy and convoluted and laden with so many things we do not get paid for. Of course, the longer the CP, the more likely the client is to complain. ... Some CP's are so long and involved, those accounts really shouldn't be farmed out to those who normally do the account. To be unfamiliar with an account with so many peculiarities is inviting trouble. Choices, choice, go through that CP and m ...

Beginning Tomorrow
Feb 23, 2013

beginning tomorrow, I will be working any time, any day, whatever it takes to get my hours/lines in.  There is work in the afternoons and on the graveyard in my region and I will be there.  Whatever it takes. ...

Can't Help But Think MM Getting Into Coding Is The Beginning Of The
Mar 14, 2014

x ...