A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My biggest QA peeve today is... - Ginger

Posted: Sep 20, 2012

Unless the CP states otherwise...

When the doctor dictates "Dr. Smith," don't pull in his full name with credentials from the database, just type "Dr. Smith."

Example: Dictated: " I called Dr. Smith to the ER. "

Type: I called Dr. Smith to the ER.

NOT: I called Emmett J. Smith, MD, to the ER.

If the doctor does dictate a full name or for some other reason you do pull the name in from the database, remember to put a comma after the credentials if it is in the middle of the sentence.

Dictated: I called Robert Clay, MD, to the ER.

Transcribed: I called Robert Clay, MD, to the ER.

NOT: I called Robert Clay, MD to the ER.

Having said that, there are some circumstances where I feel it is okay to pull in from the database even if only Dr. Smith is dictated.  I generally find it is acceptable to pull in the full name (only if you are 100% sure of the first name) under headings such as Referring/Requesting/Ordering Physician, Consultants, etc.

What do you think?

it does not matter what we think, QA will change - it to the opposite.

[ In Reply To ..]
One will do it one way, the other will do it the other way, we will bounce like ping pong balls on red bull cause thats our job...

If dictator says Dr Smith, that is ALL you can put. You cannot read - his mind to know he means the Dr Smith Sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you think he means. Dictator might be a scatterbrain who worked with 2 Dr Smiths on this case. you can only put what you KNOW, which is just what your hear. No adding anything extra that was not dictated.

Similar Messages:

My Biggest Peeve
Nov 18, 2009

More than anything, I hate it when they're eating and dictating.  I can't verbalize how upset this makes me.  I'm not asking the dictator to kiss my rear end, but right now I've got an ESL with an incomprehensible accent chomping and chewing in my ear.  AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! ...

My Biggest Pet Peeve
Feb 24, 2015

has got to be doctors burping in my ears, so gross! ...

Biggest Pet Peeve -- Let's Hear It!
Oct 12, 2010

Mine is chewing of any sort -- food, gum, etc.  They can't be so busy that they have to dictate while smacking.  ...

Lets See My Peeve For Today Is
Nov 27, 2012

How do you keep every profile straight when you have about 60 to follow?  And how do you make any money?  Honestly would rather be NJA then handle all these different accounts, at least I could accomplish something like maybe housework, or walking the dogs. ...

Dear Employer: Today's Pet Peeve
Nov 13, 2010

I've been a transcriptionist for more than 25 years, have worked for 7 different employers, and every one of them has always said that it is required for everyone to work one weekend day, you either work sunday through thursday or tuesday through saturday.  Then I see an email to all employees that says, "please consider changing your schedule to work a weekend day."  WTF?  There are people not already working a weekend day?  That makes me feel pretty stupid for all the ...

Finally Hit My Biggest Low With MM
Jul 12, 2013

My paycheck today was a whopping $137.00.....Not even enough to cover my car payment!  Thank GOD for partial unemployment or I wouldn't have been able to make it this far (by the way, if you haven't heard they are about to take THAT away from me too - NC Becomes The First State To Eliminate Unemployment Benefits - http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/north-carolina-becomes-first-state-to-eliminate-unemployment-benefits.php ).  I also had the smarts to get a part time job. ...

Does Anyone Know Who The Next Biggest Few Companies Are After MM And Nuance?
Sep 02, 2012

I have watched all the mergers and acquisitions over the last few years, and I every company I go to work for sells to one of them. Who is left that is still pretty big? Part of it is just my being curious. I used to know who the biggest 10 companies were, now I have no idea. Does anyone else know? ...

My Biggest Complaint Is That Every Time I Get
May 16, 2014

a long report (which happens too often), my screen freezes.  ...

Has Anyone Seen Final Results From Transcend Biggest Loser Contest
Sep 12, 2010

that was promised for 08/28/2010?    This was by far the most unfair contest yet.  It was spread over all platforms, all work types, and there is no way someone on BeyondBelief can compete in production with someone on Escription.  I hope they think future contests out a little bit better so everyone can have a chance to win rather than just the chosen few.  ...

Pet Peeve..
Aug 07, 2012

Just venting.. why does the dictator feel the need to state, "Briefly..." in every one of her reports, as she starts dictating an almost 30-minute report? Just annoys me! ...

Peeve
Aug 29, 2012

Sorry, I just have to vent. This PhD I type evals for uses the phrase, "The form indicates...."  The form is filled out by the parents.  It would seem to me that the PARENTS indicate -- as the form is an inanimate object and cannot "indicate" anything.  OK, getting off my soap box and back to work.  P.S. She also ends many sentences in prepositions. ...

My Pet Peeve
Jan 26, 2013

It is beginning to drive me CRAZY that these companies never feel like they owe us any explanation whatsoever when we run out of work.  On my job, I will have full lines maybe three days and then the fourth day not one drop of work.  Sometimes, I will email my supervisor to ask her and don't get a response back.  I cannot understand why anyone would feel that we should go to work, not have a single thing to do, and we deserve zero communication as to why! Back when I first s ...

New Pet Peeve
Sep 10, 2014

Dictate on your phone and leave it on buzz so I can decipher through that.. ...

Pet Dictation Peeve
May 25, 2010

Ooooh!  This gets me.  This is an NP who is dictating acute care - "The patient comes in with a diagnosis of non-insulin dependent diabetes 'myelitis'."  Puhleeze!  The same dictator pronounces "organomegaly" as "organomeglea."  It's like hearing someone scratching their fingernails down a blackboard.  Shouldn't these people have had enough schooling to be able to sound out words?! ...

Small Pet Peeve
Aug 16, 2010

After struggling with names like Siobhan, Ahleksi (concocted to prove a point), and Yvan, I am so happy to have a "normal name" such as what sounds like "John Carter." Whew! Finally! A no-brainer! But I start to look it up-- no such thing in the data base. Well! It just happens to be "John Carter" spelled "Gionn Kharter." This is just a not-real-life illustration. But isn't it irritating when you finally get a regular-sounding name and it's not so regular, and the d ...

Dictator Pet Peeve
Oct 12, 2010

I know this is petty, but for some reason, it grates on my nerves to hear:  blah, blah Period space space.   Or Colon space space enter.  I mean, please, are we considered that incompentent?  but on the other end of the spectrum we have those that don't say any punctuation, which is absolutely fine, but a pause would be nice.  It's not necessary to dictate a whole report in one breath. ...

Posting Pet Peeve
Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve.  When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time? What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard ...

VENTING - PET PEEVE
Jul 18, 2012

I just have to vent.....the thing that I cannot stand most about this job - even more than the pay, the lack of work, etc....is when the dictator CHEWS GUM when he/she is dictating.  The sound of someone smacking their gum, whether in person or on the phone, makes me CRAZY.  I am positive they do not do this in front of patients or other doctors...but since we aren't 'real people' to them...they just smack away.  I can barely get through the report.  OK.  ...

My Present Pet Peeve
Oct 09, 2012

We dont get paid for ADT information,,YET I got back a report I sent through QA and it said I have to fix all the ADT information with ? next to the docs, that is like every report..what the heck? ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Pet Peeve. Docs Who Use "in Lieu Of" Incorrectly
Jun 09, 2011

Does anyone else run across this?  I work on a verbatim account and a few of the doctors say "in lieu of" when they clearly mean "in light of."  I've flagged these before, but QA has always left them as is.  It gets on my nerves. ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Less ASR Today?
Feb 03, 2010

My work is normally about 97% ASR, today I have only had 1 ASR job.  I'm not complaining, quite the opposite actually.  I'm just curious if anyone else is getting less ASR work today.  I was hoping it was down and we can expect a day or two of straight typing. ...

Anyone Else Down Today?
Apr 29, 2010

Unable to log on because DQS needs to be updated.  Then can't update on DocuManage because there's no link.  They tell me they someone will call back and help me, but they have no way of knowing when.  This would definitely qualify for technical downtime, am I right?  Anyone else having this issue today? ...

What Is Up With DQS Today?
May 23, 2010

DQS is driving me crazy today.  When I push the pedal, it takes a couple seconds to start playing.  If I let off the pedal, it keeps going for a couple seconds and I can't get it to stop.  The typing I am doing does not keep up with my finger speed either, with words not showing up until after I've typed them. I use my own computer and have never encountered this issue before.  It is a major hindrance though, slowing me down. What's next? ...

Today Was My Last Day With MQ.
Jun 08, 2010

Typing that last report, signing out for the last time.....it was all very surreal.  I still can't believe I actually left.  Sad though because I wasn't offered anything PT (not that I would had taken it), and nobody said "we'll be happy to take you back".  AND....no exit interview.  Guess I thought they appreciated me more than that.  Oh well.  Some of my friends wished me well and will miss me.  Thats all I need.  ...

QA'd My First ILP Today.
Feb 02, 2011

Horrendous, absolutely horrendous.  It felt like I was editing an ASR report.  If they are all like this one, then I have no worries about losing my job to the Indians because once the clients see the garbage that is coming out of there, they will be begging for the USA.  ...

Have Gotten SO Much Done Today Already!
Feb 04, 2011

Since my shift started a little over an hour ago, I have blown out my hair, cleaned the bathroom, made a dentist appointment and paid some bills! Whew! Looking for what to do next because it sure doesn't look like I'll be doing any typing this morning.  NJA all day so far! Weeeeeee!!!!! (Sorry, just needed to try to make some humor out of it). Hope everybody has a great weekend! ...

Today Is When I Let It All Go
Jul 13, 2012

I get so fuming mad about all these things that are going on at Nuance and with our careers and livlihoods, the lies and deceitful practices of this company that came along and gobbled up all the MTSOs and made my life a nightmare. I am the type of person that wants to fight for what is right and make my voice heard. Why such a company could come in and treat the employees the way Nuance does. I fell that if I try to fight I will just get myself into major trouble. ...

The BIG Lay-off Today
Apr 04, 2013

I have not posted on this site for a long, long time because there is so much negativity on here and stuff that was posted that is simply untrue.  Not sure why anyone would stay with a company when they are so unhappy and then good people get laid off.  Today I got the call, about 3 hours into my shift. I knew something was up as my caller ID never says Medquist on it.  My TSM's voice sounded really awful and all she could say was I am sorry to call with bad news but you have ...