A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just got my termination letter, was let go 08/15... - New

Posted: Aug 29, 2013

The return address was MModal in Morrisville, NC! Guess they have many offices. The letter was a standard, I'm-sorry-type...part-time position eliminated due to "restructure of Operations business model."  "This was a difficult decision...."  Still no one has called about the computer.  Out of habit, I still visit this site, though less frequently.  Seems things at MModal are just getting worse and I feel bad reading some of these posts.  I am starting to believe, though, that eventually things might turn around in the transcription world.  My son's oral surgeon (he had his wisdom teeth taken out...all 4!) was hinting about having me do some transcription work for him.  He said he sends his work "out" but he is looking to change that.  That might not be a bad gig.  He said 95% of his work is wisdom teeth extraction and those are probably "standard" reports.  So if we get creative, if we have the desire and the ambition (and strength...something I don't have much of these days), the possibilities are out there.  Take heart, all you sick of being sick, better days are ahead.  

Same for me - JoblessMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Same for me...got let go Aug. 15th after 14 years. In looking online for another job I see MModal is looking for FULLTIME MTs!!!! What????? So upset and discouraged. Now reading about how all the big companies are so bad to work for. Thank you for being positive and saying the possibilities are out there. I needed to hear that!

Similar Messages:

Got My Official Termination Letter.
Aug 23, 2013

I was laid off last Friday.  Letter came today confirming discussion by phone that my part time position was eliminated and shipping labels will be sent. I can't tell you how nice it has been to not be an employee for this company.  It angers me to read posts of whatever they are now doing about NJA situation.  It's hard to believe we have had to put up with these kind of antics for so long.  It's stressful to read them even as a former employee!  But I f ...

Letter Today About Termination Of Kaiser Medical
Apr 02, 2010

Apparently they are making us switch to United Healthcare (probably cheaper I I think Kaiser is only in CA (???).   I really like my doctor at Kaiser but I guess I'll have to say good bye to her.  As for United, could anyone give me any info on this plan, whether you like it, what the insurance premiums are like for a single person, etc.  Any info appreciated :) Thanks!                     ...

Well, It Is Official. Received My Termination Letter Today.
Aug 02, 2013

This is it!  Been waiting for this letter in the mail since July 23 to make it official in my mind and received the boxes to return the CPU and monitor. I went to college with a degree in Medical Transcription/Medical Secretary (our TSMs have NO college degree).  I cannot believe I gave 26 years of my life by working every holiday, having 4 (5 day) vacations in 26 years, being employee of the month 3 times over the years, giving up family time and plans because I am scheduled to work, ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Immediate Termination????
Nov 03, 2011

We just got an e-mail saying that for anyone working on Abington Hospital (not mine thankfully), an incorrect cc will be cause for immediate termination!!! Whoa . . . talk about looking for a reason to get rid of us!  That's insane!  I feel really sorry for any of you who have that account. MQ is the worst. ...

Termination
Feb 27, 2013

I just got terminated today after working for over 2 years with no problems with quality.  All of a sudden they kept auditing me and for sure they found 1 error that would be the reason for my terimination.  Has anyone else been terminated? Spoke to the operator to return my equipment and she said she has a long list of people that were terminated and she was sure that she could find my name on that list. .  Can a company have you submit vacation time because they have no work for ...

Termination For Using Expanders?
Nov 06, 2009

Did anyone get the message today that using expanders over 75 characters will result in immediate termination? ...

Termination/Transcend
Feb 17, 2010

Well finally the game has ended.  I was informed by my TL last evening that Transcend thought it was best that we part ways.  She stated I was putting hardly any hours in during my "scheduled hours" while there was work available to me (what a joke).  She tried to paint a picture that there was work available to me over the last pay period, but I was not working any hours and basically it was my fault.  My response to  her was unfortunately every time  I l ...

Wrongful Termination?
Feb 14, 2011

Has anyone ventured towards anything like this?  I feel VERY strongly that I was wrongly terminated, but I really do NOT want to work for the company anyway, but with no income, I am not sure what to do.  I do not like the fact of them getting away with what they have done either... Anyone gone down this route or had any thoughts of it? I do not want to ruin future chances of me getting employment and wondering if this would lean towards that if I decided to proceed. I've never ...

Voluntary Termination
Apr 04, 2011

We just got an e-mail from our CCM warning us about sticking to our schedules, logging in on time and working our full shifts.  What was interesting, and that I didn't know, is that if we miss 2 consecutive days without notifying our CCM, it's considered "voluntary termination."  ...

Involuntary Termination?
Apr 27, 2012

Has anyone on this board ever received unemployment benefits after being involuntarily terminated from Medquist/MModal? ...

Impending Termination
Jan 08, 2013

Received an email today that said, in part, "due to an impending termination, extra coverage will be needed..."  If these aren't scare tactics, what are? ...

M*Modal Termination
Aug 15, 2013

After 20 years of service - M*Modal notified me today that I am not longer needed.  Since M*Modal took over, it has been a nightmare!!  After taking a paycut when Editing came on board and then being told that we would NEVER be getting raises ( - who tells their employees that????), GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!  They terminate US employees and keep all their offshore employees for lower salaries!  I was up to nearly $20.00 an hour, and then got bumped down to $13.00.  After the ini ...

Mmodal Termination
Aug 21, 2013

terminated by mmodal....am i able to collect or do i have to fight for it? ...

Termination, I.e. Quitting.
Sep 17, 2014

Does anybody know where to find information about quitting, where it might state if you should 1 or 2 weeks notice?  ...

Sneeps - Re: Your Termination From SOAP
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious because I did see the ad that SOAP had posted and maybe I missed it, but I did not see anything in the ad about them supplying the computer.  I had a similar situation with using my personal computer to look stuff up on and the company computer for company stuff, but I have to agree, that it was a bit harsh on their part. I was just wondering why you were supplied a computer, if there was no need to use one of theirs. ...

SoftScript--anybody Else Threatened With Termination?
Feb 01, 2012

My QA score has always run about 12% (SS requires 8% or less to QA) since i started. My trainer told me I had a very difficult account and not to worry. Since then they hired a new producion manager and the percent to QA  has apparently become an issue. I generally get 99% to 100% on my QA score and an email thanking me for the great job (automatically sent, I know).  Today I got an email threatening termination if my score did not comply with the 8% by the next pay period. I know it c ...

Fox Transcribe And Not Paying After Termination
Jul 16, 2012

GRRRRR!!!! Just venting about this company and their lack of communication and not paying in a timely manner.  Last week, I did approximately 4-5 jobs for them.  One was EXTREMELY difficult and probably the job that got me termated.   Pay was supposed to be in today via Paypal.  Called the office and spoke to "M," whom of course, gave me the same "song and dance" that he pretty much just handled clients.  Sent an email to tech support, trying to get answers to no av ...

What Is With All This Firing And Termination This Week...
Nov 04, 2012

People are being terminated without warning at M Modal, according to the board here.  People are being picked on at Nuance even more than usual by QC and supervisors.  These are the 2 biggest employers in the industry.  Why this now?  And most people only make minimum wage.  There can't be such a big economic reason for firing people who are paid so low with this kind of technical skill.  What is going on here... and why... thinking aloud, but ideas would be ap ...

Daily Termination Threats
Nov 15, 2012

Another perk of working for MModal, daily email threats of termination.  Wonderful for morale. ...

Followup Termination/Transcend Post
Feb 23, 2010

I would like to thank you all for the many responses I received regarding my post last week, regardless as to if they were positive or negative responses.  When I posted I knew I was putting my head on the chopping block so to speak.  I respect everyone's opinions. and the reason behind all prior posts was to share my experiences with Transcend and hoping others would share theirs  (good or bad) as well as to "vent," as I felt I was facing this situation a ...

Mmodal Inevitable Termination For Low Audit Scores....
Jul 14, 2014

Hi!  I was hoping for a little input.  I have been with Mmodal/Medquist/Spheris since 2005.  They have the new quality standards which seem to be out of reach for me. They want us to be at an unreasonable 99.7.  Even today, received last week's audit scores and one was 100% the other at 98.75.  I am on my 3rd corrective action for this and know I am at close to the end of my rope.  I actually would like to go back to school.  Has anyone been unintentionall ...

Anyone Experiencing HIPAA Violation Threats Of Fines/termination?
Nov 11, 2009

Anyone experiencing HIPAA violation threats of fines/termination? ...

Letter
Nov 17, 2009

Well, I have too read between the lines in that letter.  I hope no one read it and said to themselves - well, I guess they do appreciate us - NOT.  I also think they are going to take something away, whether wages or benefits.  I have cut back everyway I can think of, dropped full coverage on my vehicle, cut back on my Dish satellite, which I do not have time to watch anyway, just buy the groceries I need, do not go anywhere unless I absolutely have to, etc.  If things get mu ...

I Have Sent A Letter To The Law...sm
Apr 30, 2010

firm (Pepper Law)who will be handling the audits of companies for compliance with the laws regarding independent contractors vs employees. Dear Sirs,  As a medical transcriptionist I am happy that the federal government will be cracking down on the companies that misclassify employees as independent contractors.  This practice is rampant in the medical transcription field and I wanted to make sure that you are aware of this.  These companies require a set schedule including a com ...

Letter From CEO
Oct 13, 2010

Got an e mail from CEO stating how wonderful the company is doing.  Of course it is, we are producing more than every before and getting paid far less than ever before.  Who would'nt turn a profit.  Can't make my rent for the 2nd month in a row. ...

Type "Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...." Or "A Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...&quo
Apr 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the more preferred way to type the above sentence would be?   Also, should I not use commas before "dated" and after the date or should I just straight type it "The report dated 08/12/09 states...."  We have a few different opinions in the office (which only dictated and have somewhat poor use of the English language) and I would like to see what you, the MT community, thinks.   Thanks! ...

Did Anyone Get Their Letter In The Email Yet From MQ?
Nov 12, 2009

Received a letter from MQ.  Basically it is a thank you letter of how my efforts are paying off for MQ.  How we had to adapt to change over the past 3-4 years.  About off-shoring and basically how a survey will be coming in 2010.   The company basically appreciates us, however, SHOW ME THE MONEY!!  Instead, we get money taken away over the years and yet, they appreciate us. Overall, the letter was well written.  Tell me what you think?  I am glad they appreci ...

Anybody Else In The Letter Business?
Aug 30, 2010

The conglomerate I type for mostly (which is about 30 university clinics, each with 150 or so non-English-speaking residents) sends almost everything in "letter" form.  There is a useless letter standard, but I spend the first 1-2 minutes of the dictation on the address (and have to manually re-enter into the cc list), usually have to go Google to try to find how Dr. Swishandswash spells his name and address in Podunkville.  It is killing me.  There must be some way to stream ...

Pay Rate Letter
Jul 10, 2011

Is the new pay rate in an e-mail or snail mail?  I haven't gotten either yet. ...