A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Termination - Tier 3

Posted: Feb 27, 2013

I just got terminated today after working for over 2 years with no problems with quality.  All of a sudden they kept auditing me and for sure they found 1 error that would be the reason for my terimination.  Has anyone else been terminated? Spoke to the operator to return my equipment and she said she has a long list of people that were terminated and she was sure that she could find my name on that list. .  Can a company have you submit vacation time because they have no work for you for almost a full first pay period week?

wow a termination list? - okay

[ In Reply To ..]
So sorry to hear this - one error was all it took? If you look below, there is a long discussion about at least one other person who was terminated in the last week. They must be weeding out. I wonder if I'm on the list. How were you notified? I don't know the answer to your last question, but I think they would have to pay you whatever PTO you have remaining. Please run do not walk to the nearest UE office and get those wheels in motion. Best of luck.

You can't get UE when you're fired for quality. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

you are 100% correct. Some seem to think UE is a going away gift basket. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The fact that MModal has a bunch of people on partial UE and is sending work offshore is irrelevant to them firing someone for poor quality. That won't be a factor for the UE office.
well you all are so smart then - what do you suggest?
[ In Reply To ..]
what are you going to do when they fire YOU for 1 error or because your production is 1 line per hour less than required? You gonna just roll over and come on here and be philosophical then?
Nope, I will go get another job. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It isn't that we are "so smart," we just understand it is a cold, cold world out there and there are no safety nets in this country.

UE is not automatic nor is it always easy to get. In addition, it is temporary and a fraction of what you are used to making.

and explain that firing how? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
what are you going to put on your resume to explain that you got fired, or if you decide not to list MM, how will you explain those missing years?
You put that you left them, make up a reason. This is a nonissue. - Or put it was MM, and all would understand. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I don't have that problem - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
My quality isn't an issue, but that is not to say that I couldn't make a mistake on a bad day and get canned, it could happen to anyone.

I have found it wise to always work for more than 1 company. I have no employment gaps.

Me, too. Always have 2 jobs. I still work for my 1st job - started in 1998. No gaps here either. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
well what good does it do someone who has been here - since 1996 and they fire you?
[ In Reply To ..]
You just not gonna list any employment? Not all of us work 2 jobs.
Who says you will be fired? If you have been here that long, you know - what they expect and how to deliver it. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I would list it and say you chose to leave. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They can't tell a potential employer why you left. All they can say is whether they would hire you back.

I would simply state facts: MModal is focusing all energy on offshoring work and there is no work available to MTs in the US.
I dont believe they fire a stellar employee for 1 error. - There has to be more the story SM
[ In Reply To ..]
than that and past posts prove that. On further questioning, there is always more to the story, such as not following specs because you dont agree with them. If you are a stellar employee, work your shift, dependable, for the most part doing a good job, they are not going to fire you for a few mistakes. As evidenced by a post below, they send emails, offer to work with you, etc, to improve your performance. If you are a good employee, MM does not want to fire you.
The OP said she had been getting audited for weeks. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Clearly there was a history and it had to have been a critical error.

Although, I do suspect with all of the NJA and people on partial UE that they are probably going to be more likely to pull the trigger.
but it seems like they are looking for reasons - stellar employee
[ In Reply To ..]
I do all the things you mentioned above, but if they wanted to find a reason to get rid of me (and they might, since I make more per line than some), I'm sure they could find it.
True, so why worry. Just keep doing your best and expecting - a good outcome. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
right, but then say I get fired - i come on here
[ In Reply To ..]
I explain about it and everyone says oh there must be more to the story. I'm saying, if they fire me tomorrow, there will be no more to the story. No reason for you to believe me, but it would be true. We don't know that the OP wasn't stellar, but they had her under a microscope.
This is kinda far out there, doncha think? I still say they dont want - to fire a good employee. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I'm just saying don't judge - because you dont know
[ In Reply To ..]
easy to say there must be more to the story, but I've seen too many on here who had no clue they were in danger of getting axed.
And there are many that claim they had no clue but when you - question further, there are all SM
[ In Reply To ..]
kinds of signs they were at risk of getting fired, i.e., not following specs because the MT doesnt agree with them. So many feel that MT is automatically a victim and MTSO is automatically the villian. I have always found those that claim foul play by the MTSO, usually have done something to deserve being fired. I have yet to hear of any that were truly fired with no reason.
well just wait - but
[ In Reply To ..]
and I think you will see that, but my point, I did have a point and I guess I'm not doing a very good job at making it, my point is that even if there is no reason, you will refuse to believe it.
Don't worry. That is not going to happen. They want to keep - good employees. There are enough SM
[ In Reply To ..]
MTs that are not dependable, dont show up for their scheduled shift, dont learn from mistakes, dont follow specs that they dont need to fire the good one to clear the ranks. They fire the not-good ones and the house is clean, no more firings.
And you know this how? - Inside info?-NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nm.
Because they dont want to fire a good employee!! - Nuff said. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
unless of course they could get one for less money - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
We are talking pennies here, you get that, dont ya? The pennies diff - between what MTs are paid, SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt it is worth a few cents to go to all the hassel of getting rid of a stellar MT, who can punch out the jobs, help maintain TAT, be there when she is suppose to be, etc. to sort through countless MT to find a decent one and then have to train her, just for a few cents.
Exactly - audits can always be cherry-picked - at any company if they choose to (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
X
not at all correct - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
the OP is entitled to file for UE and she will get it provided she made enough money in the qualifying period.

Quality issues need to be addressed with employees. The employer has the right to fire them, but this does not disqualify the employee from receiving UE.
Getting fired can absolutely disqualify you from getting unemployment. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If the employer says you were fired for cause and can back it up, you do not get UE.

hello? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, getting fired CAN disqualify the candidate, but getting fired DOES NOT automatically disqualify someone from UE.
Yes, HELLO - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
that is what I said!!

Too many people on here saying that you get it no matter what. Which is 100% incorrect. People should state facts, facts, facts. Not what shoulda, coulda, woulda.
Were you the poster who said you can't get UE when fired - for quality issues?
[ In Reply To ..]
Because that is not necessarily a fact. Whoever posted that almost sounds like they're trying to discourage the OP from filing for UE benefits.

They should file, and if they're denied, they should appeal.

that is wildly incorrect - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you have to do something very serious to your employer to be ineligible for UE.
That is correct! - agree
[ In Reply To ..]
Some people just post whatever they feel like without any facts whatsoever.
Yeah, they do, they post that you can get fired and still be gauranteed unemployment, which is false - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what state you live in but I know that in Idaho and Washington both you can be denied unemployment if the employer decides to fight the claim. Those are facts. Can't speak for the other 48 states.
no guarantees but I'd sure give it a try - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Obviously you would file for UE - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I just think some of these posts are very misleading in stating you are practically guaranteed to get UE. If MModal were to dispute the claim, which it would be in their best interest to do so, your claim could indeed be denied.

I am simply saying I would not depend on getting UE. If I got fired my first stop would be UE to file and then I would be looking for work 10 seconds after that, just in case.

no one said that - lol
[ In Reply To ..]
Did you read the posts??? Lots of people said exactly that. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Read through the posts, yes I know it would be preferable to stab yourself in the eyes with a very sharp pencil. However, many people have indeed stated that you get UE no matter what, which is, in fact, UNTRUE.
Not one person said you get it "no matter what" - delusional
[ In Reply To ..]
The only "untruth" is from the poster who said that "if you are fired, you do not qualify for UE."
let us not bring up eyes and pencils - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I happen to be the poster you've been arguing with up and down the page, so yeah. I read the thread.
I, for one, did not say guarantee! - lol
[ In Reply To ..]

You can if you live in California. You may have to - file an appeal, however.

[ In Reply To ..]

You are wrong. Depends on your state. Some just - have a waiting period before you

[ In Reply To ..]
can collect if you were fired.

They cant force you to use PTO for NJA, but if you do, you - do. But they cant force you to. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Termination - The List

[ In Reply To ..]
That is what Spheris had when people were terminated and they had to call about returning their equipment. One MT I knew could not get into her system and she actually called to see if she was on the list; she wasn't (at that time), but terminated nonetheless. When they want to get rid of you, they find a way. I hope you can collect UE, but knowing MM they have their you know what covered.

really :( so sad. they been working on me - after 7 years, i expect it

[ In Reply To ..]
:O

What do you mean, working on you? They can fire you any - time they want, no working to it. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
:O they dont have to go thru all the steps, huh - warnings, written, verbal
[ In Reply To ..]
etc. So if that is what is happening to me they really are trying to help me as they say?
Working At-Will - They dont have to give warnings
[ In Reply To ..]
written or verbal, they can just terminate you at any time.
Then why have a policy in place at all? - makes no sense
[ In Reply To ..]
And why would they just start firing people? If it is becuase of overstaffing, why are they still hiring? If it is to offshoring, why not lay off as we will collect unemployment anyway?
exactly we have to follow policies - and so do they
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't care what you say, I don't think they can have a policy and then just say oh well that doesn't apply to you goodbye.
Just what policy are you talking about? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Do you even work here? If you do, go - read the poliy and procedure page
[ In Reply To ..]
If not, stop spouting off about what you dont know.
Yes, I do. Do you if you cannot say what the policy is? I - dont know, and seems you are making stuff up. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I've copied the at-will employment section in my contract with MModal... - stressedmt
[ In Reply To ..]
AT WILL EMPLOYMENT
Your employment with the Company is âat-will.â Accordingly, if you accept this offer, you may voluntarily leave the
Company at any time, or be terminated at any time, with or without reason. This letter merely memorializes the terms of
your employment and does not create an employment agreement or contract.
RETURN OF COMPANY EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
Upon termination of your employment with the Company for any reason, you must immediately return to the Company all
documents, property, equipment, software, materials, information and other records of the Company, and all copies
thereof, within your possession, custody or control, including but not limited to any materials containing trade secrets or
confidential information of M*Modal.
Yes and to poster saying if we have to follow policies, so do - they, it seems they are. nm.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Funny, you got a dislike for posting an absolutely factual statement. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am kind of shocked that people don't understand that they can be fired at any time for any reason.

It's not like we have a union to protect us. It's dog eat dog and MModal is a pit bull and we are chihuahuas.
They got a dislike because that is not the policy we were talking about - performance managment policy
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Even if there is a performance management policy... - stressedmt
[ In Reply To ..]
There is an at-will employment policy that trumps it. MModal can fire whoever they want for whatever reason they do or do not have!
At will employment. They can fire you at any time with no cause. That is the reality. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The "policies" are in place for their benefit. If they needed to retain MTs then they would implement the "policies," as it is easier and cheaper to retain an employee and try to get them to improve rather than go through an expensive hiring and training process.

Right now they don't need to do that. They have too many employees and are focused on sending even more offshore. Time to weed out the garden.

Bottom line, read the employee handbook as it pertains to at will employment.

at-will employment does NOT mean you can't collect UE! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
what are you reading? Post above yours does not say that. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
My confusion - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought I was responding to the "anon" who has been telling posters they cannot receive UE if they were fired.
No it means they can fire you anytime for any reason or no reason. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Getting UE is a separate issue. I do find it kind of crazy how easy people think it is to get UE. People do get denied you know. You don't just go apply and automatically get it.
for goodness sake - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Advising people that termination does not automatically disqualify them from UE is not the same as telling people it's easy to get UE.
its the same darned poster all day saying the - same untrue things
[ In Reply To ..]
whom I belive is really a supervisor for MModal trying to discourage people from applying.

Applying for UE is easy, if MModal fights it and UE denies the claim, it can still be fought and won, and with all the proof of offshoring and no work, and sudden firings, I think it would be reversed and won. It would just take time.

I imagine mm pays the maximum into UE insurance - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They have so many employees, MM is probably already paying into unempl insurance at the highest tier. For this reason, I don't think it hits their bottom line if people claim UE.

I think what does hit their bottom line is this: 1 cpl x 40,000 people. Per day. Per year. It's staggering. It behooves them to replace high earners with lower earners.
employment at will IS a policy - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
yes I see that I was wrong about that - sorry to say
[ In Reply To ..]
I did not realize they could fire someone for no reason just because they felt like it,but apparently they can.
Seems to me their policy it to help you get over not doing well. - They are firing ppl because they can. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I remember that At-Will at end of 2005. I - crossed it all off.
[ In Reply To ..]
I signed the paper, but the part where the AT-Will was in a paragraph? I crossed the whole thing out and I stated, "I disagree with the At-Will." Nothing was stated to me about crossing it off.
Because it does not matter whether you "agree with it." - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If they wanted to fire you today, the fact that you crossed that off is meaningless. It did not change the contract you signed.

meaning of employment at will - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You can disagree and cross it off all you want, but most people are employed under this work style. If you are not under an employment contract (and that doesn't mean IC) you are engaged in at-will employment. You can leave at any time. They can fire you at any time. NONE of that means you are not eligible for unemployment.
true - you can be terminated at any time - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
but that doesn't mean you cannot collect UE.
Yep, trying to help as they could fire you with none of that. - Maybe time to start listening. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
m
Listening to what? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
how is this helping - not following this
[ In Reply To ..]
by not following procedure they are helping you how?
Did you read whole thread. She asked if the warning & emails - were trying to help her as MM said they were. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

termination - dataentry

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you spoken to your supervisor and HR yet? Make sure they dont have you confused with someone else. Were you given verbal warnings and written warnings of critical errors that you had to sign? Then call unemployment in your state and file for unemployment. You have to have your driver's licence number ready and the amount of money you made every week so they have an idea how much to pay you. If you are denied you fight your case. They will then submit that to HR and should let you know if you are denied or not. You can probably file on line, but those things are confusing.

TERMINATION - Tier 3

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, spoke to my supervisor and HR.

what did they say to you? how can they fire you for - 1 error?

[ In Reply To ..]
This is unbelievable.
They can fire her for 0 errors. They dont need a reason. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
being terminated does not make one ineligible for unemployment - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

do i need those written warnings to fight the - case in UE?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

seems like you'd need them just to get fired - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
they have a procedure for firing someone and it includes verbal, then written warnings.
I thought you even get performance management - first? Did you get these warnings?
[ In Reply To ..]
I am shocked.
performance management - Tier 3
[ In Reply To ..]
What is performance management?
by written u mean as on the computer in the - ultipro? right?
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I think if you had a written warning - you would know it
[ In Reply To ..]
because you would have to sign acknowledging it.
I would never sign anything like that - just as GP
[ In Reply To ..]
They say signing it is just acknowledging receipt, but I think they use it as acknowledgement of "guilt."

keep them if you have them - but I dont think you need them

[ In Reply To ..]
File today for UE. Call right now.

no. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Please. Go to unemployment. If you made enough money in the qualifying period, you are entitled to UE whether you were terminated or not. It's not up to you to prove that you are eligible. It is up to your employer to prove that you are not.

As long as you didn't threaten your coworkers or set your desk on fire, it is very difficult to be ineligible for UE.

what region are you in? - so very sorry

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot believe they have a list and are just one by one going down the list...

How do I find out of I am on this list? I think all the tier 3's should be scared.

yep u make too much money. not on their - standards,belo poverty

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Puleeze. How do you know? Some just post whatever - words flit through their heads. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
So there is NOTHING you can do about it - why worry..sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Your all going nuts and there is absolutely nothing you can do about "the list." We all have the same options, unemployment, or find a new job..Maybe it will force us to make the move that so many of us are afraid to make..Isnt this end of pay period? I would assume the chops are coming 1st of the month?
Agree, Do your best and let the chips fall where they may. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

They are not going down a list one by one - good grief

[ In Reply To ..]
The list is just for purposes of making sure computers get returned from those being terminated.

Lets just all panic and start making stuff up.

"They are not going down a list one by one" - Agree. - Ur post is the most logical

[ In Reply To ..]
post in this thread.
but even if they are not going down a list - there is a list
[ In Reply To ..]
a list of people who are or have been fired from a company that "never fires anyone."

I am sure list also includes name of those that quit and - need to return equipment. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

But I thought they NEVER lay off or fire anyone - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There have been multiple posts over the last several months about how MM never ever ever never lays anyone off or fires anyone. Now posters have completely reversed themselves without a thought or hesitation. This is why management thinks MTs are silly fluffheads.

I said it was hard to get fired. But evidently they are cleaning house - and it just got easier. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

They dont lay off - They DO fire

[ In Reply To ..]
They most definitely fire. I don't know where you got that people say they don't fire. They sometimes have a big blood bath and fire a whole bunch of people at once.
But there has not been a mass MT firing since I have been here - 2 years. There was a lower management SM
[ In Reply To ..]
and US IT house cleaning last October but been a while since a mass MT firing.

PTO - recently terminated

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry to hear you were terminated also. My TSM told me you get paid for all of the PTO hours you have remaining.

Similar Messages:

Immediate Termination????
Nov 03, 2011

We just got an e-mail saying that for anyone working on Abington Hospital (not mine thankfully), an incorrect cc will be cause for immediate termination!!! Whoa . . . talk about looking for a reason to get rid of us!  That's insane!  I feel really sorry for any of you who have that account. MQ is the worst. ...

Termination For Using Expanders?
Nov 06, 2009

Did anyone get the message today that using expanders over 75 characters will result in immediate termination? ...

Termination/Transcend
Feb 17, 2010

Well finally the game has ended.  I was informed by my TL last evening that Transcend thought it was best that we part ways.  She stated I was putting hardly any hours in during my "scheduled hours" while there was work available to me (what a joke).  She tried to paint a picture that there was work available to me over the last pay period, but I was not working any hours and basically it was my fault.  My response to  her was unfortunately every time  I l ...

Wrongful Termination?
Feb 14, 2011

Has anyone ventured towards anything like this?  I feel VERY strongly that I was wrongly terminated, but I really do NOT want to work for the company anyway, but with no income, I am not sure what to do.  I do not like the fact of them getting away with what they have done either... Anyone gone down this route or had any thoughts of it? I do not want to ruin future chances of me getting employment and wondering if this would lean towards that if I decided to proceed. I've never ...

Voluntary Termination
Apr 04, 2011

We just got an e-mail from our CCM warning us about sticking to our schedules, logging in on time and working our full shifts.  What was interesting, and that I didn't know, is that if we miss 2 consecutive days without notifying our CCM, it's considered "voluntary termination."  ...

Involuntary Termination?
Apr 27, 2012

Has anyone on this board ever received unemployment benefits after being involuntarily terminated from Medquist/MModal? ...

Impending Termination
Jan 08, 2013

Received an email today that said, in part, "due to an impending termination, extra coverage will be needed..."  If these aren't scare tactics, what are? ...

M*Modal Termination
Aug 15, 2013

After 20 years of service - M*Modal notified me today that I am not longer needed.  Since M*Modal took over, it has been a nightmare!!  After taking a paycut when Editing came on board and then being told that we would NEVER be getting raises ( - who tells their employees that????), GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!  They terminate US employees and keep all their offshore employees for lower salaries!  I was up to nearly $20.00 an hour, and then got bumped down to $13.00.  After the ini ...

Mmodal Termination
Aug 21, 2013

terminated by mmodal....am i able to collect or do i have to fight for it? ...

Just Got My Termination Letter, Was Let Go 08/15...
Aug 29, 2013

The return address was MModal in Morrisville, NC! Guess they have many offices. The letter was a standard, I'm-sorry-type...part-time position eliminated due to "restructure of Operations business model."  "This was a difficult decision...."  Still no one has called about the computer.  Out of habit, I still visit this site, though less frequently.  Seems things at MModal are just getting worse and I feel bad reading some of these posts.  I am starting to believe, t ...

Termination, I.e. Quitting.
Sep 17, 2014

Does anybody know where to find information about quitting, where it might state if you should 1 or 2 weeks notice?  ...

Sneeps - Re: Your Termination From SOAP
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious because I did see the ad that SOAP had posted and maybe I missed it, but I did not see anything in the ad about them supplying the computer.  I had a similar situation with using my personal computer to look stuff up on and the company computer for company stuff, but I have to agree, that it was a bit harsh on their part. I was just wondering why you were supplied a computer, if there was no need to use one of theirs. ...

SoftScript--anybody Else Threatened With Termination?
Feb 01, 2012

My QA score has always run about 12% (SS requires 8% or less to QA) since i started. My trainer told me I had a very difficult account and not to worry. Since then they hired a new producion manager and the percent to QA  has apparently become an issue. I generally get 99% to 100% on my QA score and an email thanking me for the great job (automatically sent, I know).  Today I got an email threatening termination if my score did not comply with the 8% by the next pay period. I know it c ...

Fox Transcribe And Not Paying After Termination
Jul 16, 2012

GRRRRR!!!! Just venting about this company and their lack of communication and not paying in a timely manner.  Last week, I did approximately 4-5 jobs for them.  One was EXTREMELY difficult and probably the job that got me termated.   Pay was supposed to be in today via Paypal.  Called the office and spoke to "M," whom of course, gave me the same "song and dance" that he pretty much just handled clients.  Sent an email to tech support, trying to get answers to no av ...

What Is With All This Firing And Termination This Week...
Nov 04, 2012

People are being terminated without warning at M Modal, according to the board here.  People are being picked on at Nuance even more than usual by QC and supervisors.  These are the 2 biggest employers in the industry.  Why this now?  And most people only make minimum wage.  There can't be such a big economic reason for firing people who are paid so low with this kind of technical skill.  What is going on here... and why... thinking aloud, but ideas would be ap ...

Daily Termination Threats
Nov 15, 2012

Another perk of working for MModal, daily email threats of termination.  Wonderful for morale. ...

Got My Official Termination Letter.
Aug 23, 2013

I was laid off last Friday.  Letter came today confirming discussion by phone that my part time position was eliminated and shipping labels will be sent. I can't tell you how nice it has been to not be an employee for this company.  It angers me to read posts of whatever they are now doing about NJA situation.  It's hard to believe we have had to put up with these kind of antics for so long.  It's stressful to read them even as a former employee!  But I f ...

Followup Termination/Transcend Post
Feb 23, 2010

I would like to thank you all for the many responses I received regarding my post last week, regardless as to if they were positive or negative responses.  When I posted I knew I was putting my head on the chopping block so to speak.  I respect everyone's opinions. and the reason behind all prior posts was to share my experiences with Transcend and hoping others would share theirs  (good or bad) as well as to "vent," as I felt I was facing this situation a ...

Letter Today About Termination Of Kaiser Medical
Apr 02, 2010

Apparently they are making us switch to United Healthcare (probably cheaper I I think Kaiser is only in CA (???).   I really like my doctor at Kaiser but I guess I'll have to say good bye to her.  As for United, could anyone give me any info on this plan, whether you like it, what the insurance premiums are like for a single person, etc.  Any info appreciated :) Thanks!                     ...

Well, It Is Official. Received My Termination Letter Today.
Aug 02, 2013

This is it!  Been waiting for this letter in the mail since July 23 to make it official in my mind and received the boxes to return the CPU and monitor. I went to college with a degree in Medical Transcription/Medical Secretary (our TSMs have NO college degree).  I cannot believe I gave 26 years of my life by working every holiday, having 4 (5 day) vacations in 26 years, being employee of the month 3 times over the years, giving up family time and plans because I am scheduled to work, ...

Mmodal Inevitable Termination For Low Audit Scores....
Jul 14, 2014

Hi!  I was hoping for a little input.  I have been with Mmodal/Medquist/Spheris since 2005.  They have the new quality standards which seem to be out of reach for me. They want us to be at an unreasonable 99.7.  Even today, received last week's audit scores and one was 100% the other at 98.75.  I am on my 3rd corrective action for this and know I am at close to the end of my rope.  I actually would like to go back to school.  Has anyone been unintentionall ...

Anyone Experiencing HIPAA Violation Threats Of Fines/termination?
Nov 11, 2009

Anyone experiencing HIPAA violation threats of fines/termination? ...

Termination "fee"
Sep 30, 2013

What company charges up to $250.00 (fee associated with startup, training time, etc.) if termination by either party occurs within the first 90 days? Seriously. ...