A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did anyone get their letter in the email yet from MQ? - SHOW ME THE MONEY

Posted: Nov 12, 2009

Received a letter from MQ.  Basically it is a thank you letter of how my efforts are paying off for MQ.  How we had to adapt to change over the past 3-4 years.  About off-shoring and basically how a survey will be coming in 2010.  

The company basically appreciates us, however, SHOW ME THE MONEY!!  Instead, we get money taken away over the years and yet, they appreciate us.

Overall, the letter was well written.  Tell me what you think?  I am glad they appreciate us because frankly, if it was not for us MT's, wouldn't they all be out of a job? 

Did anyone get their letter in the email yet from MQ? - SHOW ME THE MONEY - iluvrainydaze47

[ In Reply To ..]
I got the letter today and just glanced at it. I haven't really had time to read it all. Yes, we MTs are the core of their company.

Maybe that's instead of the Chapstick this year. A *Thank You* note. - Spooner

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

MQ christmas - enigma

[ In Reply To ..]
at least one year they gave us wrist braces...that's something useful.

Coincidence how this letter comes at a time - Scooby-Doo

[ In Reply To ..]
when they are lobbying our future jobs at the dawn of a possible healthcare reform. What gives? What is in it for MQ to send this letter to us? We've been given surveys before. Do they really read them? Given their past employer-employee relations, just call me skeptical.

watch out for survey- never a good thing - fool me once

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ is notorious for sending out a survey, twisting the results to their agenda and forcing the changes down our throat claiming we asked for it.

1. Survey regarding availability of work-- we ended up with the cesspool because MQ claimed too may people complained about lack of work.
2. Survey regarding ASR- we ended up with a pay reduction because MQ claimed there were so many positive responses regarding ASR.

All I can say is watch out- the survey is MQ's first step in making changes we would rather not have.

MQ letter - Jazz

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish it would have been an email instead so I could have replied that the best way they could show their appreciation would be to give me that raise I have been asking for the last couple years! Apparently, the appreciation does not go that far. The letter made a good fire starter for the fireplace though, thanx MQ.

(Can't afford a frame for the letter on my wages so put it to better use.)

Letter - Old Lady

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, that's just typical. They make believe they care so you don't all jump ship at the same time. I already jumped ship several months ago.

I agree email would have been better... - Sunflower

[ In Reply To ..]
How much money did they waste on those letters going out to each transcriptionist at 44 cents for each letter for postage???

I agree email would have been better... - Sunflower - iluvrainydaze47

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you ever gotten a birthday card from MQ? I got one last year but not this year. You are right, we have an email system and that was money wasted on unnessary postage.

Email instead - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
I was thinking the very same thing when I got my letter.

Raise - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, they could have given us all a 44 cent raise, which would be 44 cents more than I've gotten in 5 years!

I had my husband read the letter who is a manager - of an IT company.

[ In Reply To ..]
He stated the letter was well written. It is letting us know our career objects which is basically becoming an MME down the road which could be our new transformation in the future for MT's.

Hubby did not like the part that the company wants to become a powerful global service organization designed to WIN the marketplace. He feels we do not need powerful conglomerate companies, for example like the banks we have. Notice how all the money goes to the big wigs plus the bonuses the big CEO's of bankers get? I guess it is just like what our big wigs in our company gets paid.

Lastly, wonders what this survey is about in early 2010. He questions of layoffs coming or a big reduction in our pay and after the reduction, that is why we will be getting a survey. He is questioning it, but it really sounds more like we will all become Master Medical Editors down the road, if not sooner and that will be our new job, especially if Obama's health care takes over.

What my hubby is hoping for is this company finally realizes how important we are to the big wigs pocketbooks. The company might be a bit fearful if this Obama Health Care is voted in and what it could do their pocketbooks.

MT future - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
If I remember correctly, our CEO was formally a banker. I Googled him when he was named the new CEO.

letter from the QQ - Gone Rogue MQ MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it IS a duck!

They think we're stupid!

it's a duck - enigma

[ In Reply To ..]
They think we're stupid, and I AM stupid for having stayed with them the past two years and letting them bankrupt me. No raise in 10 years either. But I never thought I'd be making what is probably less than minimum wage in America.

I love the part - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
where we are reassured there will always be a need for US transcriptionists. Fine and dandy, but the question is, will we be making a living wage?

Similar Messages:

WHOA - How Come When I Type 1 Letter On The Subject Line Of My Company Email, ANYTHING I Posted On M
May 18, 2012

Went to reply to a company email and typed the letter "M" when a list of phrases i've used on here showed.    Some type of spyware????   ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Letter
Nov 17, 2009

Well, I have too read between the lines in that letter.  I hope no one read it and said to themselves - well, I guess they do appreciate us - NOT.  I also think they are going to take something away, whether wages or benefits.  I have cut back everyway I can think of, dropped full coverage on my vehicle, cut back on my Dish satellite, which I do not have time to watch anyway, just buy the groceries I need, do not go anywhere unless I absolutely have to, etc.  If things get mu ...

I Have Sent A Letter To The Law...sm
Apr 30, 2010

firm (Pepper Law)who will be handling the audits of companies for compliance with the laws regarding independent contractors vs employees. Dear Sirs,  As a medical transcriptionist I am happy that the federal government will be cracking down on the companies that misclassify employees as independent contractors.  This practice is rampant in the medical transcription field and I wanted to make sure that you are aware of this.  These companies require a set schedule including a com ...

Letter From CEO
Oct 13, 2010

Got an e mail from CEO stating how wonderful the company is doing.  Of course it is, we are producing more than every before and getting paid far less than ever before.  Who would'nt turn a profit.  Can't make my rent for the 2nd month in a row. ...

Type "Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...." Or "A Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...&quo
Apr 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the more preferred way to type the above sentence would be?   Also, should I not use commas before "dated" and after the date or should I just straight type it "The report dated 08/12/09 states...."  We have a few different opinions in the office (which only dictated and have somewhat poor use of the English language) and I would like to see what you, the MT community, thinks.   Thanks! ...

Anybody Else In The Letter Business?
Aug 30, 2010

The conglomerate I type for mostly (which is about 30 university clinics, each with 150 or so non-English-speaking residents) sends almost everything in "letter" form.  There is a useless letter standard, but I spend the first 1-2 minutes of the dictation on the address (and have to manually re-enter into the cc list), usually have to go Google to try to find how Dr. Swishandswash spells his name and address in Podunkville.  It is killing me.  There must be some way to stream ...

Pay Rate Letter
Jul 10, 2011

Is the new pay rate in an e-mail or snail mail?  I haven't gotten either yet. ...

LETTER TO OBAMA
Oct 26, 2011

Did you happen to read the letter to Obama written by a transcriptionist when first logging on to MTStars?  I think it is VERY well said, and we should send a similar one to him.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  I am seriously considering quitting as I am sure MT's jobs will be obsolete very soon.  However, now I am debating whether to stick it out here until the end and hope for either a severance pay or unemployment.  My CCM was MORE THAN HAPPY to off ...

Rejection Letter
Mar 01, 2012

Help me out here. I have more than 35 years' acute care experience that covered absolutely every speciality and subspecialty out there. I worked at a 1000-bed teaching/research hospital for many years, along with some smaller regional hospitals. I am a high-production MT serving in a significant ESL environment. I have excellent quarterly QA scores. I was the go-to MT with drop-dead reliability, who would stay there until the job was done. My references are perfect. I had formal MT traini ...

Funny Letter To An
Mar 12, 2012

A friend of mine, who as you will observe has been at this game for awhile, wrote this letter to her employer.   Dear ______: As you know, when I took this job to supplement my Social Security, I was concerned that I would have to limit my hours in order not to exceed the income level that Social Security permits recipients to earn. I see now that my concerns were needless, and would like to thank you for underpaying me so severely that I am able not only to work full time, but even to ...

Bringing This To The Top. This Is The Letter I Have
Apr 14, 2012

so far.  It is a long one so please bear with me US DEPT OF LABOR RE MT To Whom It May Concern; I have been a medical transcriptionist for 16 years.  I have been working at home 14 of those 16 years.  When I started out working at home, I was offered 7-1/2 cpl.  I am now consistently offered 6-7 cpl for straight transcription and 3-4 cpl for editing.  I am lucky to make $20 a day.  That includes running out of work, the ridiculously low pay and the tons of accoun ...

Letter To The Editor
May 23, 2012

Medical Transcriptionist Week began May 20th to recognize MTs over a week. The theme this year: Patient Safety. MTs across the country are transcribing medical records and are dedicated to being a 1st-line defense against errors that can negatively and sometimes fatally affect you as a patient - physicians make mistakes. MTs ensure those errors do not end up in your Electronic Medical Record.  Healthcare consumers are you aware that local hospitals are outsourcing their work to what are kno ...

Letter From MT Of The Year
May 24, 2012

She seems like a nice enough person.  However, as MT of the year, she gets to be on the MT Taskforce.  Do you think she represents the way most of us feel? ...

P.S. Medical Letter
Oct 20, 2012

Letter Of Appreciation
Nov 21, 2012

Did you all get the generic letter of appreciation? Do they not realize that a letter of appreciation from someone whom we have never heard their name before really means nothing. Obviously this person has no idea what I contribute or should be thanked for. It is just generic doodoo. ...

Compensation Letter?
Dec 12, 2012

I've seen a couple of folks post on here about getting a compensation letter but I've gotten nothing other than the info they presented at the meeting yesterday.  Did they e-mail this or snail mail it?   ...

Certified Letter
Apr 30, 2013

Doc is dictating a letter and wants "Certified" in the letter. Can anyone tell me where to place this in the letter? Thanks! ...

Rate Letter
Aug 02, 2013

Anyone else still not get a benefit rate letter/email?  Not that I really want to see how much it has dropped. ...

Sending A Letter To
Aug 19, 2013

Idea to contact CNN and see if we could get the attention of Dr Sanjay Gupta to do an investigative piece on offshoring. After all, this is his country, and it might interest him for many reasons. We'll see if we can get some attention, and maybe you guys can also send in requests at this link. http://www.cnn.com/feedback/show/?s=storyidea Found this on a website. ...

Just Got My Termination Letter, Was Let Go 08/15...
Aug 29, 2013

The return address was MModal in Morrisville, NC! Guess they have many offices. The letter was a standard, I'm-sorry-type...part-time position eliminated due to "restructure of Operations business model."  "This was a difficult decision...."  Still no one has called about the computer.  Out of habit, I still visit this site, though less frequently.  Seems things at MModal are just getting worse and I feel bad reading some of these posts.  I am starting to believe, t ...

Please God Let Me Get An Acceptance Letter
Mar 20, 2014

Checking email ... checking and checking and checking ... please let me get an acceptance letter.  I'm SO HAPPY for those of you who are in ... it's been a long week filled with excitement and doubt and I want to congratulate everyone who is getting in.  ...

Anybody Ever Sent A Tell-it-all Resignation Letter?
Oct 21, 2014

s ...

My Letter To President O'Bama
Oct 13, 2009

Dear President Obama:How's the new job?  Keeping busy?  Financial security?  I'll bet.  Are the American people keeping the mortgage on the White House up to date?  Great.  Kids have everything they need?  Wonderful.  The American dream.Me?  I lost another job to offshoring - AGAIN!   It's funny, I can't seem to find any concrete figures on just how many U.S. jobs are offshored.  There are only estimations by different a ...