A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Type "Letter, dated 08/12/09, states...." or "A letter, dated 08/12/09, states...&quo - MK

Posted: Apr 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the more preferred way to type the above sentence would be?   Also, should I not use commas before "dated" and after the date or should I just straight type it "The report dated 08/12/09 states...." 

We have a few different opinions in the office (which only dictated and have somewhat poor use of the English language) and I would like to see what you, the MT community, thinks.

Thanks!

Re: type a letter - Jade

[ In Reply To ..]
The sentence should read:
Type a letter dated 08/12/09...

Sorry, it meant to say that the word "type" is not part of the dictation. - MK

[ In Reply To ..]
Which one is appropriate?

Letter, dated 05/12/09, states the patient....

OR

A letter, dated 05/12/09, states the patient....

OR

Letter dated 05/12/09 states the patient....

I personally feel that #2 is the way to to go as it sounds more complete versus the others, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Letter dated 8/12/09 states... - no commas necessary

[ In Reply To ..]
that's how I would do it. :)

comma after 08/12/09, just as if it were August 12, 2009, - ***

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

post dated 4/22/10 states... - no comma necessary

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ QLT says put the comma...hey, it's a whole extra character.. - ***
[ In Reply To ..]
Might as well make the BIG bucks.

Similar Messages:

Type "Dated" ?
Dec 03, 2010

Doctor dictates type of report: "MRI OF THE BRAIN: Dated ___ ." Is it okay to put the word "Dated" there or should I omit it? My employer wants me to type verbatim. ...

How Long Before Hearing Back From Nuance? Anyone Know? This Is Ad Dated 1/11. Nm
Jan 19, 2012

nm ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

How To Type Book Reference In Letter Form?
Mar 06, 2012

Letter to insurance saying why procedure is needed. In body, he references this book.  How to type? Perez and Brady's Principle and Practice of Radiation Oncology, fifth edition, radiation oncology textbook, page 1622, also states ...

WHOA - How Come When I Type 1 Letter On The Subject Line Of My Company Email, ANYTHING I Posted On M
May 18, 2012

Went to reply to a company email and typed the letter "M" when a list of phrases i've used on here showed.    Some type of spyware????   ...

Any MTs Looking For A Job From States Where
Jun 22, 2014

the minimum wage is higher than $8/hr having a difficult time finding a job? I am hoping to hear that there are MTs recently laid off or quit who have fairly easily found another MT job, living in a state (such as CA, WA, OR etc) where the minimum wage is higher than average. I am wondering if companies are ignoring applicants from these states? I so hope I am wrong. ...

Regarding Breaks In Certain States
Nov 14, 2009

I lost the email, but supposedly I get a 10-minute break after 4 hours. Do I clock out of DQS but stay clocked on at ScheduleSource or do I stay logged onto both and walk away from the computer for 10 minutes? Does it show up on the time card or only on the pay stub. Does anyone know the details? Thank you. ...

S/l DCS. Doc States Neuro: DCS 15. (Pt. Is 15)
Feb 03, 2010

doc states in neuro: DCS 15. (Pt is a 15 year old girl). I think this is her own slang.  Any ideas? ...

OMG! Below There Is A Post That States...
May 21, 2013

"At least, I was smart enough to get out of here."  REALLY! pfffft. It doesn't take smarts to run, it takes smarts to make a change for the better.  There is a big difference. Why don't you get off attack mode? I would keep this job until I got something else, i.e., something is better than nothing when your paycheck pays for food.  How self-centered. ...

Inside States...
Apr 24, 2014

Inscribe posted on job seeker's site, the new state laws do not allow them to hire from California.  What is that all about?  Geez.. ...

On Med List. Dr. States S/l Polyvinyl. ???? TIA.
Oct 23, 2009

nm ...

SYNERNET Not Hiring From Certain States
May 03, 2012

Has anyone else had trouble with companies not hiring because of state laws with Workmans Compensation.  I did all the testing required for a company and then I get an email back stating they do not hire people from Ohio due to the workers comp laws.  It would be really nice for companies to take the time and list the states they will not hire from so we do not waste our time doing unnecessary testing.  The company is Synernet ...

States MTSOs Don't Like To Hire From?
Jun 15, 2013

I am thinking of moving to another state and seem to remember that some MTSOs do not like to hire from certain states for various reasons.  California comes to mind, but what are some of the others? ...

Interesting Find Which States Regarding SR
Apr 07, 2014

effective today:   http://www.joesdata.com/executive/Shaw_Rietkerk_291150096.html Still at MModal but seems to be a different position??? not sure, just passing info along ...

Too Bad The United States Wont Do This.
Apr 24, 2014

It's about time somebody starts this, or has the guts to make such a law and enforce it. I'd love to see it here.   For heaven's sake, I had exchange students years ago who came here from Europe who spoke a hundred times better than some of these morons we transcribe.  I believe half of it is sheer laziness, maybe they simply don't care to make the effort to speak better, thinking possibly that if good enough gets them through life, that's all the more ef ...

21 States Raising Min Wage.
Jan 03, 2015

Hope your not in one.  If your are, start looking for a new job. ...

Has Anyone Ever Received A Message From A Company That States (sm)
Aug 20, 2010

that they cannot hire you because they are not an IRS-registered employer in your state?  What the heck is up with that???? ...

Does Anyone Know How Many Total CMTs There Currently Are In The United States?
Apr 17, 2011

Does AHDI list the total number of U.S. CMTs anywhere on their website?  I have been looking, but could not find anything.  Anyone have any idea what the number might be currently?    ...

Love An Email/IM Message That States
Aug 28, 2012

So irritating to see emails and messages on IM that this account it now closed to onshore MTs.  So that just says you onshore MTs have done enough, so we are now sending the rest offshore for the night, thanks for your time.  Ugh. ...

What Happened To The Surveys. Post Below States
Mar 23, 2013

VD  stated the surveys were done, but not much more.  Surveys must have been really bad. There are threats below posted about how this company is closing U.S. offices.  Then we should all just stop working NOW.  After all, we are to get letters of termination around April 1st.  ...

KS's Ad States 'MTs Who Are Not Afraid Of ESLs.' When Will These MTSOs Get It?
May 31, 2014

time spent trying to get out a decent product with these guys. With technology on one hand and India on the other getting the good guys, ESLs are pretty much the norm for MTs with any given company these days and we know how to leave blanks and move on. "Afraid" of ESLs? Oh, no, no, no, no, no. You don't put that one on the MTs. It's the bill collector that drives us, and you will get what you pay for based on the premise that time is money. enough said. ...

Current IC Opening Posted That States
Jul 21, 2014

How do they get away with this, not to mention blatantly advertising for such? ...

Lumbar Fusion Surgery, Dictator States
Aug 17, 2011

6545 screw, 55 tap (says five five, not 55) How do you type this? New to Orthopedic op reports. Thanx much ...

The Doctor States To The Patient That Carpal Tunnel Is Not
May 26, 2015

I would like to know exactly where else you would get it from when you're doing 8 hours a day, 5 days a week full-time job for one company for the past 20+ years. No outside of work hobbies or activities to cause it according to patient. This is workers comp law, according to the doctor.   I'm unsure if it's that particular state where the patient resides, but if I were working 40 hours a week at the same job for many years and develop carpal or anything similar, you b ...

MModal Employment Ad Up - States Flexible Hours (afternoon & Evening)
Sep 28, 2012

Didn't know we had flexible hours. ...

Breast Reduction - States: Discussed Pedicle "mikissick"
Aug 16, 2011

States: Discussed pedicle "mikissick" type technique.  Thanks.  ...

ESL Dr States "Patient Refers Pain," But Clearly Means Reports. Leave It Or Change It?
Feb 20, 2015

For ESL doctors, account specifics direct me to change word if it is the wrong word, but leave it if its simply awkwardly stated. Dr states "Patient refers pain in upper abdomen," but clearly means reports pain. Do I leave it or change it? ...

If You Are Working For A Company In Another State, Do They Follow Their State Rules Or Your States?
May 12, 2010

x ...

Letter
Nov 17, 2009

Well, I have too read between the lines in that letter.  I hope no one read it and said to themselves - well, I guess they do appreciate us - NOT.  I also think they are going to take something away, whether wages or benefits.  I have cut back everyway I can think of, dropped full coverage on my vehicle, cut back on my Dish satellite, which I do not have time to watch anyway, just buy the groceries I need, do not go anywhere unless I absolutely have to, etc.  If things get mu ...

I Have Sent A Letter To The Law...sm
Apr 30, 2010

firm (Pepper Law)who will be handling the audits of companies for compliance with the laws regarding independent contractors vs employees. Dear Sirs,  As a medical transcriptionist I am happy that the federal government will be cracking down on the companies that misclassify employees as independent contractors.  This practice is rampant in the medical transcription field and I wanted to make sure that you are aware of this.  These companies require a set schedule including a com ...