A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just for infor the Walmart store, just emailed - sm

Posted: Mar 18, 2015

With the employee discout wow perks whatever, is way more expensive than the store. So, don't waste your time

No clue what you are talking about. Dont shop at walmart anyway - Dollar Tree is more my speed

[ In Reply To ..]
x

They sent it on an email - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
something to do with the employee saving program..

If you're talking about the MM Perks, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, don't waste your time. It's more expensive. I still don't understand the point of that whole thing in the first place unless they're making a little profit off the sales? Because it's sure not any kind of a discount.

Instead of a raise they gave us MM Perks - worthless

[ In Reply To ..]
Just like the old Queen Amy implied that the email system was in lieu of a raise, the MM Perks is the same thing. We would have much rather had a raise.

Apparently this way the big wigs can look in the mirror when they realize that they have not increased wages in almost 10 years since the Harmony book came out in 2006. Sad but true. The top line count paid at that time was 10 and 6 for tier 3 and it has not moved a bit since then. Bet the corporate people got a raise in 10 years.

But it is fabulous - if you shop at Nordstroms

[ In Reply To ..]
or are out shopping for that new car!! and you get Wow! points!! Wow! I think the perks were just supposed to go to corporate people and they decided to also send it to us just for giggles. #50shadesofMM
Stupid question here - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
What are wow points anyway?
Beats me - probably what they call
[ In Reply To ..]
their version of the old bait-and-switch/smoke-and-mirrors program.
"WoW! - Did we cheat them!!
[ In Reply To ..]
hahahahaha"

I'm a QA, MME, or whatever they're calling me - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
these days & have been here for years. I'm not making 10 and 6 like some of the tier 3's are (and probably some 2's as well), and with raise freezes I'm stuck at this rate. Something's wrong with the system. There should at least be a standard pay range for each level.
Tier 3 and I do not make 6/10 - mom2huskies
[ In Reply To ..]
I wish they would look at giving raises, especially if you are way below the 6/10 cap. I asked for a raise but now I have been transferred to another team.
me too and - me neither
[ In Reply To ..]
i got a raise just before the PODs went into action, a 0.0002 raise. i think that maybe brought me up to 5/9 and few 1000ths of a penny.

my paycheck today was less than $500. i spent an hour on the phone with my bank about how i can't pay March mortgage and a few other companies whose bills i can't pay.

life is great. i think i'll go eat a bowl of ice cream. followed by a couple of beers.
i mean - my paycheck
[ In Reply To ..]
on friday...i always look it up on wednesday.
Disgusted! - Poorereveryday
[ In Reply To ..]
They see how low our pays have gotten and are okay with it. This is not a minimum wage job! There is a lot of knowledge involved that not anyone can come in and do!
The suits have never taken a pay cut. - mom2huskies
[ In Reply To ..]
The suits also act like they are giving us a raise with Mperks (Mjerks is more like it). Why not just give us a living wage.
raise - I post from time to time
[ In Reply To ..]
I am also tier 3 and have been probably since its conception. My pay is definitely not 6/10 (lower).

Walmart - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe the suits are getting paid a certain percentage. I would not be surprised.

thats exactly what I thought when I saw it - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't see any benefit to the entire program, have not found anything cheaper. Has anyone else?

They probably get free stuff too. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not be surprised if the suits get gift cards plus other incentives.

Similar Messages:

Do Not Order From Digital Dictation And Transcription Store
Feb 28, 2012

Do not order from Digital Dictation and Transcription Store.  I received a hand control that did not and returned the item.  They charged me a 20% restocking fee, shipping to me and return shipping for them for a total of almost $55. ...

Infor
Jan 30, 2013

I found out something from my TCM or whatever the abbreviation is.  What we see in the stats does not show work going to India.  That is a separate document that we do not have access to.  Also, if any of us have a big teaching hospital on our accounts or state hospital, that work DOES NOT go to India as they receive federal funding or some kind of funding that requires them not to offshore.  Also, she said that with the big hospital iin the region I am working, the census is ...

Any Current Infor Regarding Digital Transcription Service In Oklahoma?
Sep 27, 2010

I found some older stuff.  Just wonder if there is anything more recent. ...

Anyone Have An Infor On A Company Called Transcription, Technology & Support, LLC
Sep 28, 2012

Just Emailed My TSM
Oct 14, 2014

Emailed my TSM to see when we are going to find out actual numbers for this new compensation plan. Who wants to bet I'll never get a reply? ...

Leaving MT For Walmart?
Dec 13, 2010

I have way too much time on my hands today so I thought I would ask this question.  Has anyone left the MT profession and went to work at Walmart, a pharmacy, drug store, or any other store?  Will they hire us since we have been an MT for 10+ years?  What about factory jobs, you know the light duty assembly kind?  Have any of you had any luck getting hired in anything other than as an MT without going back to school? ...

Less Than WalMart Paycheck
Aug 26, 2011

Finally happened.  My husband's 32/hr/wk WalMart check was more than mine today.  How degrading is that? Big decision day today.  Do I walk and spend 40 hours a week looking for a better job, which wouldn't take much? I have tried everything to get my ASR production up. There is no way, at 40% less a line than full transcription rate, that I can even make a difference.  So, so depressed today.  Don't know what to do. ...

Walmart Greeters
Mar 28, 2012

At my local Walmart, they let go of all the greeters as a cost-cutting measure, so we can't even look forward to that any more, lol! ...

How Many Of You Have Actually Emailed The Owner
May 18, 2012

of the company you work for and told them you will not put up with things any longer?  Just curious:) ...

Mmodal = Walmart?
Jan 14, 2013

I know a lot of people have some very strong opinions on Walmart, but looking at change.org as they are trying to put yet another Walmart in my local area and people are MAD.  I'm reading through the comments people are posting and can't help but think a lot of things people are saying about walmart could be said of mmodal! "I stand against these large ugly corporations that treat people all along the "supply chain" as something to be exploited, from the displaced third worl ...

Walmart As Bad As MModal!
May 19, 2013

Worked for MModal for 8 years before I quit last year in disgust. Got a job at Walmart as a cashier, it's my first week, and I was pulled aside by my trainer and she explained to me that Walmart has a production goal of 1000 scans an hour! Then she showed me how to put in a code on my register that stops the clock during low times in between customers. I was floored that they could require such a goal that had nothing I could do to control it. Like, how can I control how many customers ...

TSM Emailed Me Back About Pay
Mar 11, 2014

She said that in the discussions, they said that it would be $20 to $30 hourly based upon quality, speed, and experience. ...

I Just Emailed DOJ Antitrust Division At
Aug 04, 2013

antitrust.complaints@usdoj.gov ...

Can We Possibly Get Rid Of The Annoying WalMart Ad....
Aug 06, 2013

.....that "follows" us? ...

Grocerystores, Walmart, Target
May 26, 2014

wondering if anyone has any idea what the starting pay is for these places, does it vary by state or do they have  pay system that starts everyone at about the same.  I have been doing this for 40 years.  I wanted to work a few more years before retiring.  The company I work for recently cannot meet payroll,they are either late or pay in installments. This has been going on for several months and it is sort of a regular thing for them now.   I need my pay all a ...

I Emailed The Hospitals I Used To Work For
Dec 04, 2014

I may not hear back from them, but it made me feel better just doing it. ...

Walmart Workers Are Protesting For Low Wages,
Nov 20, 2012

short hours, poor working conditions and proverty wages.  Gee, sounds familiar.  Welcome to Walmart--I mean M*Modal! ...

I Miss My DSG Walmart Gift Card ... And DSG!!
Dec 17, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!  :) ...

Wells Fargo Employee Emailed The CEO
Apr 07, 2015

Article. ...

I Emailed My Resume To A Company Advertising For VR Editor...
Sep 03, 2010

I have 17 years experience in medical transcription with half of those years doing QA and the last four years doing VR for a hospital and I get an email back from the company saying they don't have any positions that would meet my criteria?!?!?! I have a FT job and I was looking to supplement my income, get ahead start for the holiday season, ya know and I'm told that a 17-year MT veteran doesn't fit into any of their positions? I am confused.  Do companies want to higher t ...

I Totally Just Emailed My Team Lead And Put In My Notice...
Feb 28, 2011

it's just not working out for me there.  I would rather have an IC position.  I have an interview with another company.  If I get it good, if not I will go substitute teach at the school...would prob make more money.  This fall I will be going back to college to get a BS in biology.  I will be out of this disappointing career as soon as I can.  What a waste of 2 years of my time to study medical transcription and the last 4 years trying to make money doing it. ...

To Krystal, Who Emailed Me In Reference To Line Count Poll
Aug 27, 2011

I work for a person who has her own accounts.  She has 6 full time people working for her including me and not hiring any more at this time.  I work on her Independent Medical Evaluation account and fill in on her other accounts.  I also work part time in-house as a fill-in at a small rural hospital that pays by the hour with 1200 lines per shift minimum and waiting for a full time position to open up there, which will be a long wait because none of the MTs there ha ...