A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

infor - anon

Posted: Jan 30, 2013

I found out something from my TCM or whatever the abbreviation is.  What we see in the stats does not show work going to India.  That is a separate document that we do not have access to.  Also, if any of us have a big teaching hospital on our accounts or state hospital, that work DOES NOT go to India as they receive federal funding or some kind of funding that requires them not to offshore.  Also, she said that with the big hospital iin the region I am working, the census is wayyyyy down and she has never seen it like this and it's not just one region, it's all over.

I also remember that somewhere around either 2005 or 2006, there was a BIG slowdown in work after christmas also.  it took about 3 months before things were back to normal.  Also, don't you think that with Obama Care, the hospitals are waiting to see what happens as well as the insurance companies and the patients themselves.

Food for thought.

oh then what's this number I see - after this Indian service area?

[ In Reply To ..]
because it looks like a number of jobs to me.

Where is that? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Please tell us where we find this number?

dqs under status - on the left

[ In Reply To ..]
Unassigned Transcription, then View by Service Center, top, center.
dqs status - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
That is not for India. That is for us, the number of jobs in the US. If I am looking at the right status. I can only look in my section of the country, not anyone else's.
Same here and I'm an MME - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

I think the abbreviations do a lot of damage control - by lying through their teeth

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont think they have a choice, so I am not blaming them, but seriously, some people have access to these numbers and some "abbreviations" dont want you to know that.

hospitals are full - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm lucky enough to live in the same town as most of the hospitals that I type and I can say for sure that our hospitals are completely full and have been since before Christmas.

I think - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My abbreviation has never lied to me yet and I really resent you saying she is a lier. She has always been fair to me and lets me know when I've done wrong or need to do something in a nice way. So, when I ask her something and she gives me an answer, I have no reason to doubt her. I will not come back to this board as you women are mean not only to each other but to anyone who comes in. It's not wonder you all are miserable with the personalities and remarks I have seen on this board. if your job, as you say have made all of you like this, then maybe you had better go find something else because I wouldn't want to know you outside of here.

Take off those rose-colored glasses you are - wearing

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oh, to be so young and clueless again. - Big sigh. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
oh to be - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not young and clueless. I am 60 years old and have been with MModal for 12 years. Never once, have any of my supervisors ever lied to me. I have no reason to doubt the ones I have know. both have been fair to me and I return the favor. They respect me and I respect them. However, I have very little respect for women who tear other women apart or say spiteful things just because there is a difference of opinion. This is, after all, a forum not a combat zone
This only means your abbreviations were very good at - damage control. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I think you are guilty of your own accusation - as charged
[ In Reply To ..]
You are the one who is being spiteful just because you do not agree with what is being said. I believe the abbreviations lie, you do not. We each are entitled to our own opinion. Dont call me spiteful because I dont agree with you.
She cant call you spiteful for disagreeing, but you can - insult her or imply that she is
[ In Reply To ..]
young and naive for not agreeing with you when in fact, she is 60 years old. That sounds hypocritical to me.
that was my first post, so dont accuse me of - calling her young or naive.
[ In Reply To ..]
Dont be so quick to jump on someone!
Dont be so quick to Jump? Seriously? But it takes - 5 or 6 posters to gang up on a 60 year old woman?
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
talk about jumping on someone. You all are jumping on this - lady for believing her CCM, TSM or whatever.
[ In Reply To ..]
Hey! 60-year-old women can hold their own! - Chuckette Norris
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't act like she's old and getting jumped on. We 60 year olds can still kick some serious butt! Hiii-Yah!
No need to act when its written throughout this thread. - anyone with eyes can see.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
No, my point was that - it was like they were saying
[ In Reply To ..]
she shouldn't be jumped on because she was elderly, like if she was 40, it would be okay. And I was just saying 60 wasn't old. Just trying to lighten the thread a bit...
No, 60 is not old but its older than I am and I respect my - elders. There are a lot of
[ In Reply To ..]
60-year-old grandmas out there and who knows, maybe she is someone's grandmother. I sure in the heck wouldn't want anyone talking to my grandmother like that. Im 40 and I have two grand babies. Plus, I just think its ridiculous sometimes the things I see people getting ganged up on for here on these boards and sometimes I just feel the need to jump in and say something but thanks for trying to lighten the thread up.
Yeah, it can get nasty out here - Chuckette Norris
[ In Reply To ..]
What you said was true. I wouldn't want my grandma ganged up on. BTW, I'm 58 and have 8 grandkids. They are wonderful, aren't they?
Yes they are, thanks. - : )
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
"Never once, have any of my supervisors ever lied to me." - grits
[ In Reply To ..]
How would you know?

I'm not trying to be hateful or pick on you, but how would you find out? Also, they could be telling you the truth *as they understand it* and still not be giving you factual information. Their knowledge is only as good as what *their* supervisors are telling *them*.
Just like we dont know if supervisor is telling the truth - we dont know if everyone who
[ In Reply To ..]
claims to have access to overseas statistics are telling the truth either. Why would MM give its MTs access to how many jobs are available to the MTs in India?

Maybe some out there have access, but from what I can tell most dont. I sure dont. I can only see what we have here in the US. I have read a handful of posts here on this board where someone says that they can see all the jobs available to India and for every handful of posts that said that, there were probably 10 more wondering how they were able to see that information because others cant. So how do we know the poster or posters are telling the truth? Why can some see it, but others cant?
Good point. Like the old saying goes, - grits
[ In Reply To ..]
"Trust, but verify." Trouble is, sometimes there's no way to verify.
all right that's fine - I shall say no more about it
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't appreciate being called a liar, but it's the last you'll hear about it from me.

You believe whatever you want. - I have been here long enough to know better

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not miserable, by the way. I still like what I do, when there is enough to do it. Sorry if you are too sensitive to handle the truth. After a few years, you will get the hang of it.

Anon - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MT since I was 18. I will turn 52 in a few months. It has always been my experience that work is slow after the first of the year, as people have to start paying their deductibles again, and generally put things off. Also, when hospitals are full, the dictation tends to slow down because the doctors are actually seeing patients, and not dictating.

Everyone can have their own conspiracy theory, and nothing anyone says will convince them otherwise, but these are the facts.
Anytime you are told *it is just you, nobody else with probs* - do you beleive that, too?? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
to Old MT - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for what you said. I agree with you. Hospitals do slow down sometimes for long periods of time for the above reasons and for others. Don't you get sick of the negativity on this so called "forum"
I sure do. I happen to believe what my TSM tells me also - Have no reason not to.
[ In Reply To ..]
My main account does not send work to India, never has, and never will. I have been with this account since Healthscribe, Spheris, and now with MModal. I can watch the ebb and tide of the work, and I can see right now the work is lower than normal. I see all the doctors I have ever seen, just less work from all of them. There is no conspiracy, there is no lying. Census is obviously down. Fortunately, as I need the money, I can work here all day and eventually get in the lines I need, which includes my backup accounts. I know some accounts have been lost to India, but the reason my work is a bit slower has nothing to do with India.
My CCM told me directly that my work is low - due to overhiring and shifting work OS
[ In Reply To ..]
So maybe your work is low due to something else, by my CCM admitted to me it was offshore. They have contracts that they have to abide by. A percentage was just moved.
refreshing isn't it? - the truth?
[ In Reply To ..]
I believe your CCM and I think that's exactly what happened, just recently.

Oh please! Large teaching hospitals have work sent to - India. I could name them.

[ In Reply To ..]
At least come up with better lies.

Census down? - Hmm

[ In Reply To ..]
They've been coming up with stories for years. I don't blame the abbreviations, either. Half the time I think they're in the dark, too.

My all-time favorite is the dictators have changed their dictating times to late afternoon so that's why they need us in the late afternoons/evenings.

Don't think so. That translates to me that since the Indians are in bed at that hour (they're something like 6-8 hours ahead of us), they need us. You really can't tell me that all the doctors in the USA had a meeting and decided to change their dictating patterns. I about fell off my chair when they came up with that one in a meeting some time ago. Very creative, but not a one of us bought it.

My fave I saw on Co. Board. Numbers low because it - was start of Jewish High Holidays. ROFL nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

So in essence, they are saying the majority of - the docs

[ In Reply To ..]
are Jewish! Kinda stereotyping on MModal's part if you ask me.
Maybe they just got tired of lying about Christmas. Spread - the untruths among all religions. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
That was a post on Company Board. Dont know that MM - abbreviation said it. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

That's pretty funny because.. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
the Jewish High Holidays are in September. LOL.

NO WAY IS THE CENSUS DOWN - Nope. Shaking my head no.

[ In Reply To ..]
There have been reports I have typed where the dictators stated ERs have been full and patients have complained and left the hospitals because of waiting for over 6 hours and stil have not been seen yet by a doctor.

The news has posted all over the country where hospitals are so full and ICU rooms because of the flu. Hospitals were turning away patients because there is no room to admit patients.

Census down?? Sure...WHATEVER!!!

By the way, I mentioned that to my TSM and she got all angry and moody because I caught her. Then the TSM changed the subject.

Census - not happy

[ In Reply To ..]
I called 2 of my local hospitals and they both said their census is up. One said they were "booked."

From my own experience - some see everything and some do not

[ In Reply To ..]
I am an MME and I know I do not see everything as I get work from India to QA all the time on accounts that used to be in the US but are no longer. These accounts do not show up in my backlog, even if the work comes to me to QA. I monitor the backlog through my whole shift and have asked me TCM and both are consistent. We should not have permission to see the Indian work.

There are many on this board who say otherwise, and they are not wrong either. Their TCM may have gave them permissions to see this work, whether intentionally or not.

The fact is, some see it, some don't, and really should not jump down each other's throats about it, because not everybody has the same permissions.

In your opinion is more and more work going to India? - feeling as faded as my jeans

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Of course! That is their goal! - Bobbie McGee

[ In Reply To ..]
They have been pretty straightforward about saying it.

Most definitely - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
Even if they didn't say so a few years ago, as a business sense (greed), they are going to send as much work to India as their clients will allow. If they cared about keeping the work in the US, they would not longer remain competitive with the other MTSOs. They have to keep their costs down and god forbid the suits take any kind of pay cut and give up their nightly steak dinners and million-dollar homes. I would love to see a suit reduced to driving a rust bucket to the store so they can buy some ramen for dinner.

And yes, I do see it. I posted the other day below about when a new account comes in, gets a trial period with both US and ILP with 100% QA, but the ILPs go through 3 levels of their own QA before it gets to the US MME, making the report perfect, therefore conning the client into thinking the ILPs are the same quality but less money. When that happens, the whole account then gets shipped to the ILPs and taken off 100% QA.
Thank you, thank you! Your post was an - feeling as faded as my jeans
[ In Reply To ..]
eye-opener. How dirty of MM to con the client into thinking the ILPs are 100% quality by not telling them about the 3 levels of QA they go through. I can only imagine how stressful it must be to be an MME, making the reports perfect for the ILP. It must be hard to see all of their mistakes too.

Similar Messages:

Just For Infor The Walmart Store, Just Emailed
Mar 18, 2015

With the employee discout wow perks whatever, is way more expensive than the store. So, don't waste your time ...

Any Current Infor Regarding Digital Transcription Service In Oklahoma?
Sep 27, 2010

I found some older stuff.  Just wonder if there is anything more recent. ...

Anyone Have An Infor On A Company Called Transcription, Technology & Support, LLC
Sep 28, 2012