A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just emailed my TSM - fiestyfingers

Posted: Oct 14, 2014

Emailed my TSM to see when we are going to find out actual numbers for this new compensation plan. Who wants to bet I'll never get a reply?

Never, you are right. Besides, it is after 4 so definitely - gone by now. I am sure

[ In Reply To ..]
there was a company planned response they've all been given anyway to respond to any questions. They never have a straight answer. Maybe if they spent more time in the job instead of all their errands and gardens that they share with us, they'd be able to understand and explain. Not like that's going to happen.

Would think they would be prepared - mtanon

[ In Reply To ..]
No one is responding, which makes me suspicious of another pay cut. IMO, would like to think they would have expected the mass amount of emails asking the question of change in the base rate and would have stated what was going to happen immediately to calm everyone. Seems they want to keep us upset, or emotional.

emotional, definitely. And nervous... - mtnest

[ In Reply To ..]
I talked my husband's ear off about my concerns last night, and he said "Just email your supervisor." LOL yeah right. I know better.

This is what is going to happen: You will only be paid a premium for specific reports, and then base pay on the rest (ie anything going to QA or that has even a minor error). They are going to make us work twice as hard to earn the same amount, I am sure. And you'll never be able to figure out how much you are earning each week, because every report is paid a different amount. There will be no weekly incentive bonus anymore. They will probably do away with the quarterly bonuses as well (not that anyone was qualifying for them...)

It's all part of their little game: Keep the MTs - scared and uninformed. Domination.

[ In Reply To ..]

She actually replied - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Eating my words...

Response in a nutshell: The TSMs don't know anything either. She'll pass on the information as it becomes available to her.

Uh huh.

How nice. The exciting letter tells you to reach - out to your manager with questions.

[ In Reply To ..]
Did we really expect anything less ? If the managers don't know (or are unwilling to share) then this is definitely not a good thing.

The best thing any of you can do for yourselves is - to get out NOW, while the getting is - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
good. Find a job - any job - so that you can leave this profession in the dust forever. Even if it's a crummy job you take, at least you'll be EMPLOYED while searching for something better. Once you get laid off, I'm here to tell ya that with each passing week after the layoff, your chances of finding ANYthing else, even a job at McDonald's, becomes greatly reduced. It's been almost a year since I lost my job, and as soon as employers see that gap in your work timeline, you get passed over automatically, no matter how good your resume and qualifications may be. For me, the only option has been forced early retirement and the occasional baby-sitting gig for neighbors. All because I believed my company's lies when they said the job was going to be around for at least the next 3-5 years.
You must not be applying for - MT jobs
[ In Reply To ..]
Because there are a lot out there. Last year when I wanted to switch companies I applied and was offered jobs at 5 different companies

this is how they deflect it to the TSMs - hang10

[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly think that they don't bother to inform the TSMs about any important changes; maybe it's because they're too disorganized? But then they tell us to "reach out" (hate that term) to the TSMs, and so the TSMs just end up looking dumb or like they're being secretive, when that's not the case. Nice way to pass the buck. IMO

Similar Messages:

How Many Of You Have Actually Emailed The Owner
May 18, 2012

of the company you work for and told them you will not put up with things any longer?  Just curious:) ...

TSM Emailed Me Back About Pay
Mar 11, 2014

She said that in the discussions, they said that it would be $20 to $30 hourly based upon quality, speed, and experience. ...

I Just Emailed DOJ Antitrust Division At
Aug 04, 2013

antitrust.complaints@usdoj.gov ...

I Emailed The Hospitals I Used To Work For
Dec 04, 2014

I may not hear back from them, but it made me feel better just doing it. ...

Just For Infor The Walmart Store, Just Emailed
Mar 18, 2015

With the employee discout wow perks whatever, is way more expensive than the store. So, don't waste your time ...

Wells Fargo Employee Emailed The CEO
Apr 07, 2015

Article. ...

I Emailed My Resume To A Company Advertising For VR Editor...
Sep 03, 2010

I have 17 years experience in medical transcription with half of those years doing QA and the last four years doing VR for a hospital and I get an email back from the company saying they don't have any positions that would meet my criteria?!?!?! I have a FT job and I was looking to supplement my income, get ahead start for the holiday season, ya know and I'm told that a 17-year MT veteran doesn't fit into any of their positions? I am confused.  Do companies want to higher t ...

I Totally Just Emailed My Team Lead And Put In My Notice...
Feb 28, 2011

it's just not working out for me there.  I would rather have an IC position.  I have an interview with another company.  If I get it good, if not I will go substitute teach at the school...would prob make more money.  This fall I will be going back to college to get a BS in biology.  I will be out of this disappointing career as soon as I can.  What a waste of 2 years of my time to study medical transcription and the last 4 years trying to make money doing it. ...

To Krystal, Who Emailed Me In Reference To Line Count Poll
Aug 27, 2011

I work for a person who has her own accounts.  She has 6 full time people working for her including me and not hiring any more at this time.  I work on her Independent Medical Evaluation account and fill in on her other accounts.  I also work part time in-house as a fill-in at a small rural hospital that pays by the hour with 1200 lines per shift minimum and waiting for a full time position to open up there, which will be a long wait because none of the MTs there ha ...