A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How many of you have actually emailed the owner - sm

Posted: May 18, 2012

of the company you work for and told them you will not put up with things any longer?  Just curious:)

Have done it in person - several times - Ayn

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have any serious complaints with my current employer, but I have told my supervisor many times over the past 5 years of working there that (1) I will NEVER work for an MTSO again and (2) when we go to SR I will NOT take a pay cut. Either they somehow guarantee me a set rate no lower than my current average (change to hourly pay, set a guaranteed minimum that no one falls below -- whatever they figure out to do) OR I will quit.

Fortunately, I do have a supervisor who understands and agrees that we should not take a pay cut for SR -- however, the final decision will come from hospital administration above her, so it really doesn't matter what her opinion is. Hospital admin will do what they will do.

Yes, and it was the best thing I did because she did not know and my lead had not passed on my compl - Happy Now

[ In Reply To ..]
I was surprised that the owner responded to me the same day and that she actually made things change for me and for others on my account.

They are not a small company, either, so I was impressed that when they told us there was an open-door policy that there really way.

They also send out surveys every year. I have read on here that the surveys are a waste of time, but I have seen very positive changes based on my survey responses. I just know that they can't please all of the people all of the time. I use that phrase with my kids all the time, too.

So, give it a shot. You will either be pleasantly surprised or you won't get a response. Neither is worse than not speaking your mind and no changes can happen unless they know about it. At least it's worth a try.

Good luck!

I did get a response and it was positive!! I am just so - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
glad I took the "leap" and she was very kind about it. Thank God for MTSOs like her:)))

I have - communication is key

[ In Reply To ..]
How else would you get anything resolved if all you did was be unhappy or complain here or whatever?

My MTSO is great and she listens!!

Same here I am finding out. Very thankful for her - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
!

Well I tried to verbalize my frustrations but nothing - smm

[ In Reply To ..]
is going to change.

Similar Messages:

Just Emailed My TSM
Oct 14, 2014

Emailed my TSM to see when we are going to find out actual numbers for this new compensation plan. Who wants to bet I'll never get a reply? ...

What Does This Mean? MM Owner Will
Aug 16, 2013

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2013/6/17/mmodal_owner_will_soon_split_from_jpmorgan   M*Modal owner will soon split from JPMorgan Published June 17, 2013 by Geert De Lombaerde JPMorgan Chase officials say they will soon spin out One Equity Partners, the private-equity firm that last year bought M*Modal for $1.1 billion. The firm, which manages $4.5 billion worth of investments, will continue to manage its current portfolio and sell off its ...

TSM Emailed Me Back About Pay
Mar 11, 2014

She said that in the discussions, they said that it would be $20 to $30 hourly based upon quality, speed, and experience. ...

I Just Emailed DOJ Antitrust Division At
Aug 04, 2013

antitrust.complaints@usdoj.gov ...

I Emailed The Hospitals I Used To Work For
Dec 04, 2014

I may not hear back from them, but it made me feel better just doing it. ...

Owner Complaints About ICs
May 13, 2011

Is there anywhere on this website that it is appropriate for owners to post about people who have been ICs with your company and you would like others to know about their work quality, etc?  I am just so fed up with we, as the owners, being put down about we did this or that, but we, as the owners, never have a say about the ones we weed out of our company because of work quality, etc.  Just upset and venting...but I would like to know if there is an area to post this information. ...

What Is The Name Of Our Owner From India?
Sep 13, 2011

n/m ...

Just For Infor The Walmart Store, Just Emailed
Mar 18, 2015

With the employee discout wow perks whatever, is way more expensive than the store. So, don't waste your time ...

Wells Fargo Employee Emailed The CEO
Apr 07, 2015

Article. ...

SDVOSB Company Owner...
Apr 08, 2015

This should make a handful of VA Hospitals proud! Nothing like handling business matters in the grey bar hotel.  http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/Clerkwebsite/BCCOC2/OdysseyPA/CaseSummary.aspx?CaseID=8033323&hidSearchType=party_case&DisplayCitation=yes&CaseNumber=15003522CF10A&SearchType= ...

I Emailed My Resume To A Company Advertising For VR Editor...
Sep 03, 2010

I have 17 years experience in medical transcription with half of those years doing QA and the last four years doing VR for a hospital and I get an email back from the company saying they don't have any positions that would meet my criteria?!?!?! I have a FT job and I was looking to supplement my income, get ahead start for the holiday season, ya know and I'm told that a 17-year MT veteran doesn't fit into any of their positions? I am confused.  Do companies want to higher t ...

I Totally Just Emailed My Team Lead And Put In My Notice...
Feb 28, 2011

it's just not working out for me there.  I would rather have an IC position.  I have an interview with another company.  If I get it good, if not I will go substitute teach at the school...would prob make more money.  This fall I will be going back to college to get a BS in biology.  I will be out of this disappointing career as soon as I can.  What a waste of 2 years of my time to study medical transcription and the last 4 years trying to make money doing it. ...

Landmark Transcription - The Owner Overhires
Nov 17, 2010

The owner overhires.  She gets very excitated about hiring and runs the business like a hobby.   She is a very nice lady but does not have a clue how to run a business.  This way why the recent pschy position was ignored.  Do not know if it was filled. ...

Tonya Hubley.owner, Omnisribes
May 15, 2013

What is it like working for this woman as an MT, her work ethics.  ...

Almost Every Paycheck I Get Is Wrong In The Owner's Favor
Apr 18, 2014

Has anyone ever dealt with a situation like this? Sometimes it's only a few dollars, other times it can be up to $20-30+ per pay period. Although I keep records of what I do, there is no real way to verify this with my employer. I have sent many emails asking for verification of my pay/production but never even get the courtesy of a response. I keep thinking that if she does this to all of  her employees, she must be making quite a bit of money just by skimming the paychecks of all her ...

To Krystal, Who Emailed Me In Reference To Line Count Poll
Aug 27, 2011

I work for a person who has her own accounts.  She has 6 full time people working for her including me and not hiring any more at this time.  I work on her Independent Medical Evaluation account and fill in on her other accounts.  I also work part time in-house as a fill-in at a small rural hospital that pays by the hour with 1200 lines per shift minimum and waiting for a full time position to open up there, which will be a long wait because none of the MTs there ha ...

Owner/pay Rates - Br FORWARDED FROM JOBS BOARD
Jan 19, 2011

This was posted on the jobs board.  Let's get some dialogue going on this, shall we?   owner/pay rates - br Posted: Jan 19th, 2011 - 3:37 pm I own an MT company (used to be a full time MT) and have MTs submitting resumes and requesting pay rates at .10 cpl or more.  There's no way I can pay this rate and still keep my company afloat.  Partly due to the economy, I can't charge my clients very much or else they will drop me and move onto someone else (i.e. In ...

The Small Business Owner Side Of Things
Mar 24, 2014

I received a very sad email from a woman who stated (and I believe her) that she was a former MT with more than 2 decades of experience.  She was upset  at the pay scale listed in an advertisement she saw seeking independent contractors.  I own a very small transcription company which like so many others in our industry struggles to stay afloat.  It's true that wages are not what they once were in the heyday of medical transcription, but neither are the rates that client ...

Medical Data Services? Company Or A Small Owner?
Dec 03, 2010

7 cents a line for independent contracting and for radiology?  What is going on with this business?  The hospitals at least treated us with hourly wages and health benefits.  Now what gives?  For years we fought in-house over knowing that you cannot treat radiology the same and line count it the same either, yet you work just as hard.  Now, 7 cents without taking out taxes?  Every hospital I know has no transcription radiology department any more anyway, so may ...