A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can we possibly get rid of the annoying WalMart ad.... - Mom22dogs

Posted: Aug 06, 2013

.....that "follows" us?

Yes. - 3yosmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been getting the WalMart ad, Coca-Cola, and online game ads.

I only occasionally go to WalMart, I don't drink Coke, and I don't have time to play games. Wonderful targeted ads. lol

Two things that might work... - sm please

[ In Reply To ..]
Try deleting your Browsing History. (In case anyone reading is not sure how: Open browser, click Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History Delete, Delete. Warning: It will delete stored passwords.)

Or click on the AdChoices triangle on the ad. It should open a Google Ads page. Scroll down to the Opt Out section.

It will not eliminate ads in general, but I do one of the above when an ad that "follows" me annoys me.

Deleting cookies - Obi Wan

[ In Reply To ..]
As the above poster mentioned, deleting cookies from your browsing history will go a long way in removing your problem. Once you have called up the delete history under tools option, there is a place to save the password cookies. Place a checkmark in all the boxes except the password box, as leaving this blank will save all of your passwords. To prevent this from happening the future choose Cntl+Shift+P for a private browsing. This will cut way back the cookies that are following you.

Private browsing. Learned something today. - Thanks. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

can we possibly get rid of all ads on this site by - paying a small user fee? n.m.

[ In Reply To ..]

I won't come here if I have to pay. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You, and probably the majority of the Stars here - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x-x

Considering what most of us make, most of us - couldnt afford to pay. Most would leave. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Thanks for all of the replies :-) - Mom22dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
I am usually able to ignore ads, but this one was one of those that would "follow" you, i.e. it moved on the page with your cursor so that it would always stay visible, and if you Xed out of it, it would just reappear when you clicked on a post to look at comments.

What Wal-Mart Ad? - Look these up (and use them)

[ In Reply To ..]
1. Abine
2. Ghostery
3. Google Sharing

And do a thorough scan of your computer. If WM is "following" you, it's a good bet other companies are, too.

If you're on Chrome or Firefox, get Adblock Plus - Now in beta tests for Internet Explorer

[ In Reply To ..]
There's also Simple Adblock for IE, but I don't know anything about that and can't vouch for it.

I never want to be without an ad blocker.

...and kill the Kill The Cockroach ad. (nm) - bugphobe

[ In Reply To ..]
!.

Similar Messages:

Leaving MT For Walmart?
Dec 13, 2010

I have way too much time on my hands today so I thought I would ask this question.  Has anyone left the MT profession and went to work at Walmart, a pharmacy, drug store, or any other store?  Will they hire us since we have been an MT for 10+ years?  What about factory jobs, you know the light duty assembly kind?  Have any of you had any luck getting hired in anything other than as an MT without going back to school? ...

Less Than WalMart Paycheck
Aug 26, 2011

Finally happened.  My husband's 32/hr/wk WalMart check was more than mine today.  How degrading is that? Big decision day today.  Do I walk and spend 40 hours a week looking for a better job, which wouldn't take much? I have tried everything to get my ASR production up. There is no way, at 40% less a line than full transcription rate, that I can even make a difference.  So, so depressed today.  Don't know what to do. ...

Walmart Greeters
Mar 28, 2012

At my local Walmart, they let go of all the greeters as a cost-cutting measure, so we can't even look forward to that any more, lol! ...

Mmodal = Walmart?
Jan 14, 2013

I know a lot of people have some very strong opinions on Walmart, but looking at change.org as they are trying to put yet another Walmart in my local area and people are MAD.  I'm reading through the comments people are posting and can't help but think a lot of things people are saying about walmart could be said of mmodal! "I stand against these large ugly corporations that treat people all along the "supply chain" as something to be exploited, from the displaced third worl ...

Walmart As Bad As MModal!
May 19, 2013

Worked for MModal for 8 years before I quit last year in disgust. Got a job at Walmart as a cashier, it's my first week, and I was pulled aside by my trainer and she explained to me that Walmart has a production goal of 1000 scans an hour! Then she showed me how to put in a code on my register that stops the clock during low times in between customers. I was floored that they could require such a goal that had nothing I could do to control it. Like, how can I control how many customers ...

Annoying!
Jun 20, 2014

Mr. Dictator: You do not need to repeat your name and spell it twice, dictate the patient's name and spell it twice, along with repeating the MR# twice before dictating your procedure, then do it all over again at the end of the procedure! Geez, I get it.. Last job of the day, thank goodness! ...

Grocerystores, Walmart, Target
May 26, 2014

wondering if anyone has any idea what the starting pay is for these places, does it vary by state or do they have  pay system that starts everyone at about the same.  I have been doing this for 40 years.  I wanted to work a few more years before retiring.  The company I work for recently cannot meet payroll,they are either late or pay in installments. This has been going on for several months and it is sort of a regular thing for them now.   I need my pay all a ...

OMG! This May Just Be The Most Annoying Thing
Oct 20, 2010

that I have had in a dictation, and I am sure that the dictator (PA-C)  is annoyed as well.  It's always annoying when she chitty-chats with the "girls in the office" while dictating, but in this dictation, one of the girls is mocking back everything the dictator says and continues to do so, after a little chuckle from dictator each time, to the point where the dictator finally has to tell her that this is important, it is for an attorney and she cannot mess it up.  ...

Can We Please Be Done With The Annoying Snowflakes?
Dec 05, 2012

x ...

I Find It Annoying - Sm
Sep 19, 2013

I find it extremely annoying when finally I start to feel like I have enough work on a daily basis for a several-week stretch only to find the account manager has decided to "rearrange the pools" and put more MTs to a pool with fewer docs in the pool.  When I E-mail my account manager and ask for more work, my E-mails go unanswered.  So I bite the bullet, go with the flow, play the "sit-and-wait" game, and when I get new resident dictating for an attending and have to send the job to Q ...

Walmart Workers Are Protesting For Low Wages,
Nov 20, 2012

short hours, poor working conditions and proverty wages.  Gee, sounds familiar.  Welcome to Walmart--I mean M*Modal! ...

I Miss My DSG Walmart Gift Card ... And DSG!!
Dec 17, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!  :) ...

Just For Infor The Walmart Store, Just Emailed
Mar 18, 2015

With the employee discout wow perks whatever, is way more expensive than the store. So, don't waste your time ...

Super Annoying....fiesa
Jul 02, 2014

It seems lately I have had a lot of corrections where they are removing what I have typed and marking as [UNCLEAR].  I am not getting dinged, but the reason this is bothering me so much is because they are doctors I am familiar with and know what they say.  It's not like a skip is happening and I'm adding in something. There are dictating, not always the best dictations, but because I'm familiar with them I know what it is. Makes me feel like I don't know what I� ...

Annoying Ding Sound
Jan 15, 2015

Silly question--just got a new monitor and now have this "ding" sound on finishing a chart.  Can't remember how to remove it.  Any ideas? ...

Shorthand Annoying Glitch
Feb 09, 2015

Hi.....using Dell, windows 7 pc, word 2013, and shorthand.    I like the feature on shorthand that you can check so that it uses the clipboard to dump shorthand entries into the text field on word 2013.  I  have some really long templates and when I use this form of text transfer (clipboard) on shorthand, it almost immediately dumps the template into my report.   BUT, then a glitch occurs on all other entries.  for instanct I have   pt for patient  a ...

I HATE OP NOTES. SURGEONS ARE VERY ANNOYING TO
Jan 26, 2010

LISTEN TO.  THEY RATTLE NINETY TO NOTHING THROUGH AN OPERATIVE REPORT.  JUST BECAUSE THEY SAY THE SAME THINGS EVERY TIME DOES NOT MEAN THE SAME PERSON ALWAYS GETS THAT TRANSCRIPTION AND AUTOMATICALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE SAYING.  THEY NEED TO SLOW DOWN AND REALIZE THERE IS A REAL PERSON ON THE OTHER END OF THAT STUPID MACHINE THEY'RE TALKING INTO.  RUDE, RUDE, RUDE.  THAT'S ABSOLUTELY ALL YOU CAN SAY ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!! ...

Do You Ever Find Some Dictator Voices So Annoying
Jan 11, 2015

The ones who stutter, or lisp (both of which I despise), or sound like they're whispering through locked lips.  Some days it's so strange it fascinates me more than annoys me.  ...

He Can't Possibly Be Saying This!!!!
Dec 31, 2010

The doctor (ESL) is giving a list of the patient's medications.  He says one that sounds like "urine"  and then goes on to state Omeprazole, Zyprexa, aspirin, and one that sounds like "liver maintain."  Patient has a history of psychosis, seizure disorder, schizophrenia, and COPD. ...

S/l SSK Or Possibly SFK
Nov 13, 2011

The patient could not tolerate SSK or SFK due to metallic taste in mouth.  Cannot seem to verify what this abbreviation could be. ...

Can You Possibly Be Thankful?
Dec 21, 2011

So yeah a lot of Debbie Downers on here for sure. How bout you try this on.  Remember what you have and not what you don't.   I am working 3 jobs , 16 hours total a day to try and not lose my house.  I am having no Christmas because I can't afford it and if you have a job, a roof over your head and a few presents under a tree how bout you be thankful for that and quit whining about what you don't have.  If you have a job be thankful.  If you don' ...

Could I Possibly Get Another Email About This
Dec 11, 2012

This wants this, this wants that, I will add to CP, but until then read emails, the thousands and thousands of emails that have been sent...   COME ON!!! ...

1, Possibly 2 Medications, And Spelling Help Please?
Aug 04, 2010

Not sure of the spelling for either.  Also, not sure if these are 2 separate medications or if they should be separated by a comma.  Any help is appreciated. Also, if you are familiar, please indicate whether they are brand or generic meds.    amiodipine danazopril oral ...

S/l FN Or Possibly SN Notch. Doing Sacral
Feb 12, 2011

InterStim placement for overactive bladder.  Hope someone can help.  Cannot find this on Google. ...

Interested In Possibly Going Into Coding
May 24, 2011

I am doing some research on medical coding. I have looked at Andrews Coding School and Career Step. Both seem to be close but Career Step states it takes much less time to finish, which I am guessing is to get you in to their school and not reality but that is only a guess. The cost is also a huge difference. Has anyone here gone through either school and would you recomend one over the other? Any advice is appreciated. ...

Possibly Medical Transcriptionist
Jan 15, 2013

I'm looking into doing online training to be a medical transcriptionist. I was wondering how much money you make once you get out of school, is it worth it? How much an hour? Also, is it easy to find a job? I really would like to work from home because I have a 5 month old daughter.     Thanks! ...

Aesculap--possibly Fish
Mar 26, 2013

Yesterday, I applied to this company. I get a reply (albeit in my junk file) saying that they want to interview me. They tell me things that I need to have (ie yahoo IM, yahoo mail etc) which I do not want to have again because I was hacked into. Today also I tried to look at the job description again to check it.(it's on another board) and it is gone. I have a bad feeling about this so if anyone else wants to apply BE CAREFUL!! ...

Possibly About To Be Outsourced To Mediscribes
Aug 07, 2013

Management says they are considering 4 MTSOs, and that we will probably be offered jobs with whichever they choose. Mediscribes is one of the four, so we have lots of questions about Mediscribes: Has anyone else here been hired by Mediscribes because their hospital outsourced to them? Did they keep you on the same account? Did they bring you on at one rate of pay, then cut your pay later (like Nuance does)? If yes, how much later and to what rate of pay? And for any Mediscribe ...

I'd Like To Start My Own Business That Could Possibly Utilize
May 04, 2012

I've been thinking of capitalizing on the need for data migration in the healthcare industry by starting my own healthcare data migration business.  I've only just begun to research and gather information about this type of business. I don't know too much about IT (but know people who do) and I don't know too much about data migration at this point, but there seems to be an opportunity here somewhere for experienced MTs like me (and you), at least a temporary one, so I& ...

Does Anyone Think That Coding Is Possibly As Hard As Nursing? SM
Apr 18, 2012

I am 3/4 through the Andrew's coding course and it is HARD!!!  Sometimes I think I wish I went into nursing.  A 2-year degree and you can start (in my area at least) at 30 an hour.  With coding, at my local hospital, they start at 26 an hour for inpatient coders, BUT you need experience!  I feel it may take me a few years to get up to the pay rate of 26/hour, and in between I will have to go back to school to learn ICD-10 and pass even more tests. AND, by the time I am ...