A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

grocerystores, walmart, target - ncmt

Posted: May 26, 2014

wondering if anyone has any idea what the starting pay is for these places, does it vary by state or do they have  pay system that starts everyone at about the same.  I have been doing this for 40 years.  I wanted to work a few more years before retiring.  The company I work for recently cannot meet payroll,they are either late or pay in installments. This has been going on for several months and it is sort of a regular thing for them now.   I need my pay all at once, not in installments.  I am at the age where I probably cannot get hired because i am too old, so walmart, target or grocery stores are probably the only option I have.  Need to make a living and this is just not cutting it anymore.  Sorry,  just needed to vent... I only have a cat to voice my frustration too....

If you have any choice instead of Walmart - Bentonville MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would look into that. Walmart is not a good employer. Their insurance sucks, also.

Live near a Whole Foods? Good pay, - good benefits.

[ In Reply To ..]
GREAT stock benefits, and compassionate management.

grocery stores, walmart etc - jane

[ In Reply To ..]
they are probably just a little above minimum wage. it seems odd that your company cannot meet payroll. did they give a reason for that? hope you can find another job. after 20 years at the same clinic i was replaced by a computer system. seems that government is pushing that on doctors. at 73 i know about old. for now making it okay with SS and unemployment. many women that worked at transcription have lost jobs just like i did, feel sad for those who are or were supporting their families by doing MT.

Networking is more than a buzzword - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We remote MTs need to remember the basics of job hunting, and it's about PEOPLE, and connecting with the right people in the right place.
That means the commitment of a lot of time and energy to job clubs and the like. There is SO much more than Wal-Mart. The link is from the Dept of Labor.

thank you for link-nm - ncmt

[ In Reply To ..]

xx

Costco and Trader Joe's - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
are employee friendly. I see a lot of folks over 50 working at both places around here.

Similar Messages:

Great Find At Target!
Dec 04, 2012

I found fingerless gloves yesterday at Target for $3.00!  Happy holidays! ...

I Think The Scammer Target Those Most Out Of Work. (sm)
Feb 09, 2014

They might scan places that post resumes.  Perhaps there have always been this many scams but with more MTs out of work more are catching them and reporting it.  They can also sell your personal information to other scammers so beware.  I have tried to get law enforcement to sting some of these and offered to be their bait, but none even get back to me.  Then I send them all my personal info (fake), bank account, SS#, etc. with a nice letter asking if they can get back to me ...

Anyone Else Feel Like They Have A Great Big Target In The Middle Of Their Back?
Aug 21, 2013

been here just over 5 years, passed audits, no issues, then 4 verbals/write-ups in the last 3 months. How do you deal with that....I would consider MModal a hostile work environment. ...

Fluoroscopically Target Starting At Level I - Arabic Of Roman?
Jun 26, 2015

Also this is treatment for renal calculus, I guess lithotriptsy, but in the name of the procedure he mumbles something starting in what S/L "He______".  Any ideas.  Thank you!  ...

Leaving MT For Walmart?
Dec 13, 2010

I have way too much time on my hands today so I thought I would ask this question.  Has anyone left the MT profession and went to work at Walmart, a pharmacy, drug store, or any other store?  Will they hire us since we have been an MT for 10+ years?  What about factory jobs, you know the light duty assembly kind?  Have any of you had any luck getting hired in anything other than as an MT without going back to school? ...

Less Than WalMart Paycheck
Aug 26, 2011

Finally happened.  My husband's 32/hr/wk WalMart check was more than mine today.  How degrading is that? Big decision day today.  Do I walk and spend 40 hours a week looking for a better job, which wouldn't take much? I have tried everything to get my ASR production up. There is no way, at 40% less a line than full transcription rate, that I can even make a difference.  So, so depressed today.  Don't know what to do. ...

Walmart Greeters
Mar 28, 2012

At my local Walmart, they let go of all the greeters as a cost-cutting measure, so we can't even look forward to that any more, lol! ...

Mmodal = Walmart?
Jan 14, 2013

I know a lot of people have some very strong opinions on Walmart, but looking at change.org as they are trying to put yet another Walmart in my local area and people are MAD.  I'm reading through the comments people are posting and can't help but think a lot of things people are saying about walmart could be said of mmodal! "I stand against these large ugly corporations that treat people all along the "supply chain" as something to be exploited, from the displaced third worl ...

Walmart As Bad As MModal!
May 19, 2013

Worked for MModal for 8 years before I quit last year in disgust. Got a job at Walmart as a cashier, it's my first week, and I was pulled aside by my trainer and she explained to me that Walmart has a production goal of 1000 scans an hour! Then she showed me how to put in a code on my register that stops the clock during low times in between customers. I was floored that they could require such a goal that had nothing I could do to control it. Like, how can I control how many customers ...

Can We Possibly Get Rid Of The Annoying WalMart Ad....
Aug 06, 2013

.....that "follows" us? ...

Walmart Workers Are Protesting For Low Wages,
Nov 20, 2012

short hours, poor working conditions and proverty wages.  Gee, sounds familiar.  Welcome to Walmart--I mean M*Modal! ...

I Miss My DSG Walmart Gift Card ... And DSG!!
Dec 17, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!  :) ...

Just For Infor The Walmart Store, Just Emailed
Mar 18, 2015

With the employee discout wow perks whatever, is way more expensive than the store. So, don't waste your time ...