A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I probably shouldn't ask this too loud - is ASR better?

Posted: Jul 24, 2013

Particularly on the review of systems and physical examination, now stacking up to the left if it is supposed to do so, with headings and colons?

A big resounding NO. Plus worse in new and scarier ways. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
The program now "hears" certain words and puts in entire phrases, sentences or even paragraphs. This makes it even worse to edit as it can be easier to make a mistake. In addition to the sorry output, you now have delete the undictated text. I have even had reports that were cut off after PMH which had a complete PE. Then, there was the OP report with an entire undictated paragraph in the middle. Scariest part is that the added text "fits" the rest of the report. It makes me furious and costs me time.

Big resounding NO - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
I had one recently where, on the medication list, it had put in an entirely different drug than the doctor had said, plus the milligram dosage! What if the MT was especially tired and didn't notice that?

No matter what Shaw says or the survey results say - worse than ever

[ In Reply To ..]
Besides the current complaints of lack of punctuation and making headings of everything it definitely is putting in text that does not belong. Even a dial tone will somehow generate a full paragraph of a physical exam. Plus now when the doc gets real soft ASR just does not enter anything so I end up typing half the report anyway for 4 cents per line.

Oh and you are not allowed to be tired. Shaw said you are supposed to stretch and relax before and after your power hour (sarcasm intended) so there is no reason to be tired.

Apparently in my region everyone is doing the power hour at the same time because there is no work yet again. Sigh.

Similar Messages:

Should I Or Shouldn't I...
Aug 11, 2011

I worked for a local hospital as a medical transcription clerk routing work and such to transcriptionist about 1-1/2 years ago. I left that position as I met someone in the transcription department at the hospital in the same department that allowed me to work from home.  I have been working for this person for 1-1/2 years subcontracting work. I just found out the same hospital has 2 open transcription positions in the same department which I am interested in. I am afraid that if I app ...

I Shouldn't Have Taken This Job (venting)
Oct 21, 2010

I actually like the job. The dictators are fine. I'm a month into the job and now in the comfort zone, past the breaking-in period. But this is my first time doing voice recognition, and the pay is too low.  I really didn't have any experience in knowing an acceptable rate for VR. It is my fault for accepting the pay, because they told me what the pay was before I accepted the job. I'm not trying to blame my job at all.  But I was just too eager to be getting a ...

Shouldn't I Hold Off
Jun 12, 2013

If one has never done any coding wouldn't it be better to wait till the schools are teaching ICD-10? ...

Shouldn't I Be The One Upset?
Mar 19, 2015

When I send an email that states, "I am OOW on the following accounts: Blah, Blah, Blah and Blah.  I will check back later." Why do I get an email back saying, "Did you check Blah account?" Ummmmm, it is in the list I sent you...  TSMs are sending out their famous backlogs....THEY should know I am OOW, but I feel almost guilty telling them I am OOW.  I have had TSMs tell me that no one else was OOW on such and such a date. Ummmmm, it is likely they are on different accounts. ...

Shouldn't AHDI Be Telling MQ
Mar 02, 2010

this is a very dangerous thing to do for patient care? ...

Shouldn't ICs Be Able To Make Their Own Hours?
Jul 21, 2011

One of the reasons I got in the business in the first place was to make my own schedule. I thought that one of the main rights of an IC is you are able to set your own hours. Why does this not seem to apply to medical transcription??? ...

Fentanyl 50 Mg For A Colonoscopy - Shouldn't It Be Mcg?
Jun 08, 2012

nm ...

Boy, Synernet, You Really Shouldn't Let People
Mar 14, 2015

work off their regular hours for OT! I'm just astonished at all the nice work there is off of my regularly scheduled hours this week!! I thought that kind work was all gone! Got my lines so easily. What an eyeopener. Don't doctors rotate shifts they're on to different times of the day? And weekends? Why are mine always the same no matter what day? Now I know. Looking to leave now. This is totally unacceptible to me. I now know without a doubt I'm being assigned work. Crappy w ...

Abbreviating Words That Shouldn't Be Abbreviated?
Jun 18, 2011

How do you treat words that the physician abbreviates that shouldn't necessarily be abbreviated? For example, I'm transcribing for an ENT physician's assistant who routinely will abbreviate medications or conditions in her haste to speak quickly. In a dictation I'm working on now, the patient has "a perfed TM and is on Oflox. otic suspension" (the patient has a perforated TM and is on Ofloxacin otic suspension). I tend to remove the abbreviations and type out the full word ...

Alpha Hiring On Other MT Site, Should I Or Shouldn't I?
Feb 20, 2014

Alpha has an ad for ICs on the other MT site and I've seen some posting here that they may not be a good employer. Anyone know if they are okay to work for, pay on time, etc. Thanks. ...

Just Thinking Out Loud!!!
Oct 14, 2010

I have been reading the daily posts for weeks now of MTs applying for jobs with MTSOs, large and small, leaving their sometimes current positions to go with a company who advertise they have new accounts, always steady work, never have to worry about NJA. Then, the MTs join these companies/service owners and within a day/sometimes hours, they have now fallen into the category of another day without work/waiting for work, etc. I just don't understand this. I would think this would be a ...

Loud Doctors
Mar 24, 2012

I have an account where nearly all the doctors seem to be yelling in the microphone or the recording volume is cranked up causing severe distortion of the audio, where turning my own volume down makes them quieter but then I can't make out what they are saying.  My CCM has brought this to the facility's attention and some have corrected their ways, but she named a couple of doctors who had refused.  Refused!?  Why?  Because someone is telling you what to d ...

Since The Quarter Ended 09/30, Shouldn't Our Webclock Reflect.....sm
Oct 09, 2013

The score for this quarter?  Mine is still showing my QA accuracy score exactly as it was prior to 09/30, which made me ineligible for the weekly production incentive bonus for the entire last quarter.  So now my "new" score for the quarter that ended 09/30 is 99.28%, which would mean I'm eligible for the weekly incentive bonus for this past week, right?  However, my Webclock timesheet shows the 98.64% score from before 09/30 and shows me with an incentive (Better Me Better W ...

Shouldn't All MTSOs Be Investigated By The Dept Of Labor?
Apr 04, 2015

Landmark:  They were sued with a class action for FLSA violation, for "willfull and reckless" nonpayment of overtime in 2011.  I have not seen a suit for minimum wage.  Anyone aware of any suits besides the one against Landmark?  ...

Please Help! You Know That LOUD Bell Sound That
Aug 28, 2010

happens right after you upload a job and right before you get the "spellcheck complete" message?  I know someone described how to stop that sound before but I can't find it.  I would be so appreciative if someone could let me know.......this thing is driving me CRAZY.  Thanks!  :) ...

Do You Talk Out Loud To Your Dictators
Jul 26, 2012

I do.  My faithful dog who sits beside me all day must think I am talking to him, but sometimes when they say the most idiotic things I just feel compelled to respond out loud.  It does make me feel better.  On the flipside of that, I wonder if the dictators are thinking to themselves while dictating that they sure hope I don't leave any blanks so they have to fill them in. It would be fun (?) to get together with some doctors and have a session of "To Tell The Truth A ...

At Least We Get To Laugh Out Loud While Working
May 06, 2014

MEDICATIONS: New pigeon. Don't you just love it? ...

Does There Really Have To Be A Loud Ding In Our Ears When There Is No Match For ADT??
Jan 05, 2011

This doctor not only mumbles the name, but mumbles the spelling of the name.  I try every which way to spell what I hear, but I get that "no matching results found for the chosen criteria" ALONG WITH THAT *$#$ DING.  Its not enough to get that message of not finding the patient, but to hear that ding is driving me crazy....especially with report after report of this same name mumbling man... ...

I'm Just Happy Enough With Life Tonight To Wonder This Out Loud....
Jan 27, 2012

If I read along regularly and reply only sporadically, who the heck is following my posts enough to stalk me?  Really?  ...

Any Advice For Dictator Who Is Loud And Soft
Apr 07, 2012

I can't find a happy medium.  It is too loud when he is loud and too soft when he is soft.  It's horrible and hurts and slows me down.  Thanks for any suggestions offered.  UGH.  ...

OMG, Loud Frogs Are Drowning Out Dictator!
May 18, 2012

This is a first-- loud croaking frogs are drowning out the surgeon. I mean really loud frogs!!! He is on a landline, so this is really, really weird. ...

Listening To Dictator - And Loud Cartoons
May 13, 2015

Today I had the misfortune to have 2 lo-o-o-ng reports by the same dictator - I suspect someone else had him before me and said No Thanks and passed him on to me.  He wouldn't have been bad at all if he'd just speeded up about 5 times faster, and if his son had not been listening to cartoons about 3 feet away.  Actually, his mentation was so slow, it was probably his grandson listening to cartoons.  At one point, he turned around and asked the kid to turn it down some, a ...

This Is Weird. Does Anyone Else Ever Hear Like A Loud Buzz In The
Jun 03, 2015

background.  It seems to happen when I am typing fast and maybe the keys get going to fast and then I hear this loud buzz so not sure what that is.  It isnt all the time just every now and then.  Rather difficult to explain. ...

Loud Buzz After Lifting Foot Pedal
Jul 17, 2014

Hello everyone, I have downloaded .wav files and tried to play them in Express Scribe and also in Transcription Buddy.  They both play great when first pressing the foot pedal.  But when I let up on the pedal, there is a VERY loud buzz that won't go away until I delete the file, and not even after I exit the software.   Each successive time I press and release the foot pedal, the quality of the buzzing changes - loud, soft, different tones - but it never goes away.  ...

Getting Sick Of The Loud Snappy Cracky Sounds Of Late
Oct 08, 2010

x ...

How To Turn Off The Annoying Loud "ding Sound"at End Of Dictation/spell Check.
Nov 22, 2011

I thought there was a way to make that annoying ding sound at the end of the dictation when spell check is complete to sound softer.  I have Windows XP.  I keep looking in the control panel but it does not seem familiar to me as to the way I used to do it.  In some reports if the dictator talks low and then when you reach the end it blasts out my eardrum.  TIA. ...

Aortic "seconds" Are Loud
May 13, 2013

Heart sounds:  Aortic "seconds" are loud - ??  Thank you!! ...