A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Boy, Synernet, you really shouldn't let people - Awakened MT

Posted: Mar 14, 2015

work off their regular hours for OT! I'm just astonished at all the nice work there is off of my regularly scheduled hours this week!! I thought that kind work was all gone! Got my lines so easily. What an eyeopener. Don't doctors rotate shifts they're on to different times of the day? And weekends? Why are mine always the same no matter what day? Now I know. Looking to leave now. This is totally unacceptible to me. I now know without a doubt I'm being assigned work. Crappy work.

When you did OT did you let the help desk know, just wondering - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Because if you did chances are you would not get the good work. If you did not then you got good work b/c they did not know you were on. However, if you do OT without informing the help desk you run the risk of having those OT hours taken away as you have not put approved by on your time sheet. There is a double edged sword to this. However, if you told them you were on for OT and got good work, chances are you were assigned good work. This is the way it seems to work. Now the elephant in the room: Did you notify them you were on for OT?

Yes. You have to. - Awakened MT

[ In Reply To ..]
cc

Crappy work. - Grandy

[ In Reply To ..]
Most companies are the same. Command Health sends out what is practically a book about how fair they are, but my friends who work there have found out that they are allowing their dumbest transcriptionists to pick off the easiest work, because "they do not understand terminology very well." This, of course screws over the other transcriptionists, who have to do the crap on a daily basis. If it isn't the dumb transcriptionists picking off work, it is the greedy team leads and managers, who want the easy lines for themselves. There is always a pecking order for work, set up so that the "special" people can make more money.

I was thinking of applying for a job with - peppermint pattie

[ In Reply To ..]
Synernet. My question is about the "crappy work" MTs are complaining about at Synernet. How "crappy" is it? I don't really care what type of work I get as long as I get work, but the MTs on here from Synernet make it sound like the work is impossible to transcribe.

It is a toss up - between

[ In Reply To ..]
the work and the top management

on any given day one is bad and the other badder

You can transcribe it eventually, but you won't - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
be getting your lines. If you don't mind crappy work (bad ESLs, mumblers, sound quality cutting out and fuzzy, sounding like they're in a tin can, slow speakers who change what they want to say and start over, fast talkers with lisps, etc.), then you probably should apply. You can take my place. I'm leaving.
you can get that anywhere. it is the nature of being an MT - geez
[ In Reply To ..]
Synernet cant make someone dictate perfectly. You are going to have good dictators and bad anywhere and everywhere you go to work.
You don't understand; that's ALL I get! - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I understand there will be good and bad, but when it gets to be all bad, it's time to leave. You don't believe that. You think I'm just a lazy MT. That's okay, you'll find out on your own and then you can come on here with your frustrations because they won't listen. Synernet NEVER used to be on this board. They were a good company to work for. They were fair with their work and helped you be productive. The reason you're seeing them now more and more is because they will not address their problems. They are losing all the good people who used to make the place work. I guess I'm just wasting my breath. Kind of like talking to Synernet these days. If I hear, "we're working on hiring more people to help with our staffing problems and hope it will be better soon" one more time, I'll scream. They are ramping up for summer mandatory OT now. All summer long. Not this year for me. I have my plan in place. I've been working on it for a year. That's how long I've been unhappy there and hoping it would change. Not going to happen.
Thank you for your reply. I think it will be - peppermint pattie
[ In Reply To ..]
Synernet's loss when you leave because from your posts, you sound like a very dedicated MT and a good person.

Similar Messages:

Synernet MTs: You Are Very Wise To Tell People
Sep 03, 2014

not to work for the company!!  I have never met more vindictive people in my life!!  You make a mistake, try to rectify and they do nothing but belittle and ridicule.  PLEASE fellow MTs, listen to the SMTs and DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!!! ...

Is There A List Somewhere On Synernet Message Board That Has The Names Of The People Who Are The Tea
Mar 05, 2014

I was wondering for people who have been at Synernet for a while, is there a list of the team leads for each shift posted somewhere?  I find it odd that they hire people, but then never tell anyone who was hired for the position.  Aren't team leads there to help if someone should have a question ?  I just felt it was odd.  ...

Should I Or Shouldn't I...
Aug 11, 2011

I worked for a local hospital as a medical transcription clerk routing work and such to transcriptionist about 1-1/2 years ago. I left that position as I met someone in the transcription department at the hospital in the same department that allowed me to work from home.  I have been working for this person for 1-1/2 years subcontracting work. I just found out the same hospital has 2 open transcription positions in the same department which I am interested in. I am afraid that if I app ...

I Shouldn't Have Taken This Job (venting)
Oct 21, 2010

I actually like the job. The dictators are fine. I'm a month into the job and now in the comfort zone, past the breaking-in period. But this is my first time doing voice recognition, and the pay is too low.  I really didn't have any experience in knowing an acceptable rate for VR. It is my fault for accepting the pay, because they told me what the pay was before I accepted the job. I'm not trying to blame my job at all.  But I was just too eager to be getting a ...

Shouldn't I Hold Off
Jun 12, 2013

If one has never done any coding wouldn't it be better to wait till the schools are teaching ICD-10? ...

I Probably Shouldn't Ask This Too Loud
Jul 24, 2013

Particularly on the review of systems and physical examination, now stacking up to the left if it is supposed to do so, with headings and colons? ...

Shouldn't I Be The One Upset?
Mar 19, 2015

When I send an email that states, "I am OOW on the following accounts: Blah, Blah, Blah and Blah.  I will check back later." Why do I get an email back saying, "Did you check Blah account?" Ummmmm, it is in the list I sent you...  TSMs are sending out their famous backlogs....THEY should know I am OOW, but I feel almost guilty telling them I am OOW.  I have had TSMs tell me that no one else was OOW on such and such a date. Ummmmm, it is likely they are on different accounts. ...

Shouldn't AHDI Be Telling MQ
Mar 02, 2010

this is a very dangerous thing to do for patient care? ...

Shouldn't ICs Be Able To Make Their Own Hours?
Jul 21, 2011

One of the reasons I got in the business in the first place was to make my own schedule. I thought that one of the main rights of an IC is you are able to set your own hours. Why does this not seem to apply to medical transcription??? ...

Fentanyl 50 Mg For A Colonoscopy - Shouldn't It Be Mcg?
Jun 08, 2012

nm ...

Abbreviating Words That Shouldn't Be Abbreviated?
Jun 18, 2011

How do you treat words that the physician abbreviates that shouldn't necessarily be abbreviated? For example, I'm transcribing for an ENT physician's assistant who routinely will abbreviate medications or conditions in her haste to speak quickly. In a dictation I'm working on now, the patient has "a perfed TM and is on Oflox. otic suspension" (the patient has a perforated TM and is on Ofloxacin otic suspension). I tend to remove the abbreviations and type out the full word ...

Alpha Hiring On Other MT Site, Should I Or Shouldn't I?
Feb 20, 2014

Alpha has an ad for ICs on the other MT site and I've seen some posting here that they may not be a good employer. Anyone know if they are okay to work for, pay on time, etc. Thanks. ...

Since The Quarter Ended 09/30, Shouldn't Our Webclock Reflect.....sm
Oct 09, 2013

The score for this quarter?  Mine is still showing my QA accuracy score exactly as it was prior to 09/30, which made me ineligible for the weekly production incentive bonus for the entire last quarter.  So now my "new" score for the quarter that ended 09/30 is 99.28%, which would mean I'm eligible for the weekly incentive bonus for this past week, right?  However, my Webclock timesheet shows the 98.64% score from before 09/30 and shows me with an incentive (Better Me Better W ...

Shouldn't All MTSOs Be Investigated By The Dept Of Labor?
Apr 04, 2015

Landmark:  They were sued with a class action for FLSA violation, for "willfull and reckless" nonpayment of overtime in 2011.  I have not seen a suit for minimum wage.  Anyone aware of any suits besides the one against Landmark?  ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

Synernet Or MD-IT
Aug 16, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience working for on Synernet or MD-IT? ...

Synernet, Inc
Mar 27, 2011

Any recent info on Synernet, Inc in Portland, Maine?  Archives are quite old. ...

Synernet???
Jun 27, 2012

I have an interview with them coming up. They seem like they have a good reputation and the benefits look really good. One thing I am wondering about them is just how flexible are the schedules? For example, right now I am able to work a regular 2nd shift position with no problem (I currently work 2nd shift and prefer it to other shifts), but when school starts my kids will have sports and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts and I have to take them to their meetings. The place I currently work at, they ...

Anyone Know About SYNERNET?
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone have an opinion about Synernet? I only worked for them 1 mo and I can't wait to leave! ...

Synernet?
Feb 01, 2013

I just applied at Synernet and took their test.  It was pretty easy.  Has anyone ever worked for them?  How is the pay?  It says in the ad that they have excellent benefits.  Are they fairly flexible as far as scheduling?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  They sure sound like a decent company! ...

When Is Synernet Going To VR?
Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering when Synernet will be going to VR?  I wish they would post something on the message board when they have the conference calls for the ones that weren't able to attend.  ...

Synernet At It Again
Jan 30, 2014

First the dire email: Mandatory OT by end of week with at least 2 hours on Saturday. Just forget if you had plans for the weekend. Say what time you will be working and have to work those hours and put who okay'd those hours on your timesheet (you might lie you know). So you do that because you want to help the company out and it's nice to have OT again. So today, email, oops, some people cleaned up all the work so no OT today, but still MIGHT have it on Fri and Sat. Just stay tuned a ...

Any Synernet Mts On Here That Have
Apr 07, 2014

step-by-step instructions of how to handle priority reports? ...

What Is Going On At Synernet
Apr 30, 2014

Is it me? Or what. Just what the heck is going on... anybody out there experiencing some strange things... ...

Job With Synernet
Jul 15, 2014

I am applying for a job with Synernet and will be testing tomorrow. Can anyone tell me approximately how many lines I'd need to type a day to make... lets say 80-85 dollars a day?  I'd appreciate any rough ideas please. I know that most companies have really dropped their cpl since I stopped transcribing years ago, but wow! It's gonna be a challenge to make some money I guess! ...

Synernet VR
Aug 08, 2014

Has anybody actually did the math for the VR with 2000 lines a day/14,000 lines a week at 4 cents a line.  You may be shocked. ...

Synernet PTB
Oct 08, 2014

This msg goes out to J and V.   I would love to email or call you and address my concerns over this but I could not trust that my name would not be brought up and I would just have hell to pay later.   I (we) would love it if you would do something about the supervisors cherry picking their work types.  Why dont they work from a pool like the rest of us?  It is obvious when certain report types (PE tubes, T&A's, cataracts, etc. etc. are being done by t ...

Synernet
May 26, 2015

Anyone ever applied to Synernet and been rejected saying you did not pass their test?  I just completed an online assessment and they said I did not pass it, which is bull crap.  I would stake my life on it that I DID pass it.  What is their problem?  I have been working for 38 years and I certainly know everything they asked.  I want to see the results. ...

Hey Synernet!
Jun 17, 2015

How many emails do we have to get from LL and other micromanagers about helpers on the weekend?  Are we deaf or something?  Gimma a break.  Insulting and overkill.  Treat us with respect and quit treating us like idiots who do not know how to read. ...