A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

getting sick of the loud snappy cracky sounds of late - nm

Posted: Oct 08, 2010

x

I have such trouble hearing, I thought I was going deaf. - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Me too - Husband teases me

[ In Reply To ..]
Wonders how I can be so deaf when my job is to hear things. I tell him that beepers and crackling static while trying to listen to a whispering doc is not very good for the eardrums.

Going deaf..it's not us - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually went to an ENT doctor for a professional hearing test and my hearing is perfect after 26 years of transcribing. So, it's not me after all. It's the crappy equipment and the mumblers, slurrers, and whisperers that are the problem.
I would like to know why the mumblers, whisperers, - ESLs and machine-gun-mouths always - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
have the WORST equipment to transcribe on. They always have the most hideous sound-quality to their dictated reports. When I bring it up at work that maybe they should suggest the hospital replace the dictation equipment those particular doctors use, they just blow me off. It boggles the mind that these clients insist on fast TAT, perfectly-transcribed reports with no blanks or errors, hire doctors who can't speak intelligibly, and yet give them dictation equipment that compounds the problem. Where are these people's brains? They want "perfection", yet they won't spend a dime or lift a finger to make that desired perfection more achievable. By allowing ANY doctor, let alone ESLs, dictate on static-filled, antiquated dictation equipment, they're just shooting themselves in the foot. Not to mention all of us who have to transcribe that garbage.
And the Q says they're going to make our life - Easier?
[ In Reply To ..]
I wrote the COO's a Kook message above. The COO said he's planning on making the MT's job easier by targeting the doctor's dictation? Hmm. Think they will really address the difficult dictators? It'll be the first time they went out of their way to benefit us alone, rather than making changes to ASR to benefit (someone,don't know who).

I have to crank it all the way up - Huh?

[ In Reply To ..]
with the Asian dictators - you know the ones. The diminutive Asian dictators whispering into the phone in the ICU, Ding-ding-ding-ding, bang-bang-bang-bang going off in the background. Who's dying? Why don't the nurses attend to that patient and TURN OFF THAT DING-DANG BUZZER???? I have to crank up all the background noise in order to hear a syllable or two of that Asian woman. In the meantime, I get ringing in my ears and probably some scarring of my drums. Anything's better than getting that report back from QA saying, "But IIIIIII could hear her, why couldn't YYYOOUUU?"

I think QA must have access to better equipment than - we peons do. I have above-average -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
hearing acuity documented on hearing tests, and yet there are some things I just CANNOT HEAR. No matter how much I turn it up, turn it down, speed it up, slow it down, tweak the treble, buffer the bass, switch headphones, clean out my ears with Q-Tips, etc.! Some things I get, I only have 2 choices: Make up something, or leave a blank. And then QA gives me that "But I can hear it!" song and dance. HOW THE H__ DID THE HEAR THAT? The only way it is possible is if:
1 - They have far superior sound quality at their end.
2 - They are allowed to call the doctors and ASK them what it was they said.
3 - (and most likely): They GUESSED.

The QAs do MT work as well now. Everyone has the same - program.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Just Thinking Out Loud!!!
Oct 14, 2010

I have been reading the daily posts for weeks now of MTs applying for jobs with MTSOs, large and small, leaving their sometimes current positions to go with a company who advertise they have new accounts, always steady work, never have to worry about NJA. Then, the MTs join these companies/service owners and within a day/sometimes hours, they have now fallen into the category of another day without work/waiting for work, etc. I just don't understand this. I would think this would be a ...

Loud Doctors
Mar 24, 2012

I have an account where nearly all the doctors seem to be yelling in the microphone or the recording volume is cranked up causing severe distortion of the audio, where turning my own volume down makes them quieter but then I can't make out what they are saying.  My CCM has brought this to the facility's attention and some have corrected their ways, but she named a couple of doctors who had refused.  Refused!?  Why?  Because someone is telling you what to d ...

I Probably Shouldn't Ask This Too Loud
Jul 24, 2013

Particularly on the review of systems and physical examination, now stacking up to the left if it is supposed to do so, with headings and colons? ...

Please Help! You Know That LOUD Bell Sound That
Aug 28, 2010

happens right after you upload a job and right before you get the "spellcheck complete" message?  I know someone described how to stop that sound before but I can't find it.  I would be so appreciative if someone could let me know.......this thing is driving me CRAZY.  Thanks!  :) ...

Do You Talk Out Loud To Your Dictators
Jul 26, 2012

I do.  My faithful dog who sits beside me all day must think I am talking to him, but sometimes when they say the most idiotic things I just feel compelled to respond out loud.  It does make me feel better.  On the flipside of that, I wonder if the dictators are thinking to themselves while dictating that they sure hope I don't leave any blanks so they have to fill them in. It would be fun (?) to get together with some doctors and have a session of "To Tell The Truth A ...

At Least We Get To Laugh Out Loud While Working
May 06, 2014

MEDICATIONS: New pigeon. Don't you just love it? ...

Does There Really Have To Be A Loud Ding In Our Ears When There Is No Match For ADT??
Jan 05, 2011

This doctor not only mumbles the name, but mumbles the spelling of the name.  I try every which way to spell what I hear, but I get that "no matching results found for the chosen criteria" ALONG WITH THAT *$#$ DING.  Its not enough to get that message of not finding the patient, but to hear that ding is driving me crazy....especially with report after report of this same name mumbling man... ...

I'm Just Happy Enough With Life Tonight To Wonder This Out Loud....
Jan 27, 2012

If I read along regularly and reply only sporadically, who the heck is following my posts enough to stalk me?  Really?  ...

Any Advice For Dictator Who Is Loud And Soft
Apr 07, 2012

I can't find a happy medium.  It is too loud when he is loud and too soft when he is soft.  It's horrible and hurts and slows me down.  Thanks for any suggestions offered.  UGH.  ...

OMG, Loud Frogs Are Drowning Out Dictator!
May 18, 2012

This is a first-- loud croaking frogs are drowning out the surgeon. I mean really loud frogs!!! He is on a landline, so this is really, really weird. ...

Listening To Dictator - And Loud Cartoons
May 13, 2015

Today I had the misfortune to have 2 lo-o-o-ng reports by the same dictator - I suspect someone else had him before me and said No Thanks and passed him on to me.  He wouldn't have been bad at all if he'd just speeded up about 5 times faster, and if his son had not been listening to cartoons about 3 feet away.  Actually, his mentation was so slow, it was probably his grandson listening to cartoons.  At one point, he turned around and asked the kid to turn it down some, a ...

This Is Weird. Does Anyone Else Ever Hear Like A Loud Buzz In The
Jun 03, 2015

background.  It seems to happen when I am typing fast and maybe the keys get going to fast and then I hear this loud buzz so not sure what that is.  It isnt all the time just every now and then.  Rather difficult to explain. ...

Loud Buzz After Lifting Foot Pedal
Jul 17, 2014

Hello everyone, I have downloaded .wav files and tried to play them in Express Scribe and also in Transcription Buddy.  They both play great when first pressing the foot pedal.  But when I let up on the pedal, there is a VERY loud buzz that won't go away until I delete the file, and not even after I exit the software.   Each successive time I press and release the foot pedal, the quality of the buzzing changes - loud, soft, different tones - but it never goes away.  ...

Before It's Too Late
Apr 29, 2010

A note below states company is hounding her about equipment that she returned.  Before this happens to you, TRACK your equipment online and when it's picked up by your company, print it out.  I'm keeping mine for at least a year, maybe forever.  It shows the date, time, exact location, person's name who received it, etc.  There would be no denying that at all. Please protect yourself!  It happens more than you'd like to think. ...

Late Pay
Apr 30, 2013

I need some advice. I am an IC who works for a transcription company and is constantly being paid late. I am currently 4 months behind on pay. My daily emails for pay are not being answered and there is no communication whatsoever at this point. I love the hospital I work for and have stayed with this company a long time because of this. It is very normal for me to be at least a month to 2 months behind on pay at all times, sometimes 3-4 months. As an IC, do I have any recourse? Is there anythin ...

Drug S/l Zi-the-no-zi-late. Does Not Say What It Is Used For.
Jul 22, 2010

x ...

Keystrokes Late Pay
Feb 28, 2011

Really????  3 days late on pay?  How are we supposed to take care of our financial responsiblities now?  It has been my experience in the past that when this happens, the company is usually a goner.  So, Keystrokes, are you a goner?  Do we need to look for other jobs, or will you not tell us and will we be out of work and out of pay and on Welfare? ...

Late Payment
Nov 14, 2013

So, I have worked for this person since 2007.  In the beginning everything was WONDERFUL.  Great to work for, plenty of work, fairly decent wage, etc.  Now for the last couple of years pay has been increasingly late.  I was originally set for pay days on the 1st and the 15th.  A couple of years ago it changed to the 5th and the 20th, which is fine, I can handle that.  that started being late so I said I would change it in my mind to the 10th and the 25th so I wouldn ...

Late In Coming, But,
Mar 03, 2014

apparently I was only employed by Nuance thru last December.  Starting in January I was employed by Transcend.  This is as per the state unemployment benefits office.  They were really interested that my check stubs said Transcend/DBA as Nuance out of Mass., and the W2s only had Transcend out of Melbourne, Florida.  Asked me questions about it, but told them I had never noticed when Transcend was added to the check stubs, which I didn't.  Don't know anything ab ...

Late Or Missing W2s - What To Do
Feb 05, 2015

Here is what you can and SHOULD do if you don't get your W2 by Feb. 16. -  You’ll have to wait a bit: the IRS does not want to hear from you about missing forms until after February 16. After that date, call IRS at 1.800.829.1040. You’ll need to have your address, phone number and Social Security Number available. It’s also helpful to have your dates of employment, an estimate of your earnings and your federal withholding amounts – you can find most of thi ...

Why Are YOU Asking US Why There Is So Much Late Work
May 18, 2015

jeez lady ...

Need To Vent, Late Paychecks
Nov 29, 2009

I just need to vent.  I am an IC who is supposed to get paid every week by my employer.  Her checks were on time at first, then 1 day later, 2 days later, 3 days later, etc.  I went on vacation for 1 week.  During that time frame, she even emailed me to see if I was providing my usual weekend coverage.  She never replies to my IM, e-mail or phone calls.  Her cell does not allow me to leave a message, and now she has a new home phone number that I do not even kn ...

EKG . . . . Late R Wave Transition
Jan 22, 2010

"Baseline EKG shows . . . . late R wave transition?" ...

Late Night MT Amusing Myself
May 10, 2010

I wonder if any other late night MTs find things are sometimes really amusing...I know that it helps me to stay awake sometimes. I just had a medication list, but it seems that this patient got stuck at the beginning of the alphabet.  The patient's seven medications were:  Adderall, albuterol, Advair, Ambien, amantadine, Amaryl and Adalat. Makes me wonder if they going to start on the "B" medications next. lol What do some of the other late night MTs here do to help themselves ...

Call Me Late, But Just Noticed That
Oct 10, 2012

now means "No Jobs Allocated" rather than "No Jobs Available."  They got 'em; we just can't have 'em.  Spending my time on monster.com job hunting. ...

Direct Deposit Late
Dec 28, 2012

Is anyoe else's direct deposit late?  Mine always shows up shortly after midnight, but it is not there.  ...

Late Night Note...
Jan 24, 2013

We seem to have lost our ERs at this large hospital in LA.  Place your best on Epic or India. ...

Any One Else Have Issues With IT Being Late For Install?
Oct 31, 2014

I was supposed to have an appointment with IT for an install at 5:30.  It is now about 10 of 6 and still no call.  Anyone else have a similar experience? ...

Acusis Has Been Feast Or Famine As Of Late
Oct 20, 2010

I checked last year and October was really, really busy.  This month has been sporadic at best.  I have 3 accounts and all have been slow. ...

Was Anyone Else's Oracle Paycheck Late? (see Message)
Feb 22, 2011

I received the email last Thursday that all direct deposits would be in accounts first thing Monday and hard checks for new employees would be in Monday's mail.  Well, Monday was a holiday so I figured that was an oversight; however, our mailman did not have my check today, either. It's my first paycheck with Oracle and I do not want to look like I'm whining, but was kind of looking forward to getting that check today.  It wasn't a lot as it was less than 2 wks bu ...