A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This is weird. Does anyone else ever hear like a loud buzz in the - PAMT

Posted: Jun 03, 2015

background.  It seems to happen when I am typing fast and maybe the keys get going to fast and then I hear this loud buzz so not sure what that is.  It isnt all the time just every now and then.  Rather difficult to explain.

is it hospital specific and department specific? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Just things to look for,,some days are worse than others for audio as well. Some times of days are worse. Kind of weird

Doesn't matter - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nothing will be done about it. You will be told by HDSM to call IT. "Phil" will tell you that you are the only one with the problem, which we all know is not true.

No just randomly. It seems to happen when your keyboard keys go together too fast. You - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
know what I mean. They scramble from typing too fast. Just a loud BZZZZ

Well at this point - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
the crappy audio, doctors pagers in my ears, doctors phones ringers in my ear, etc. have damaged my ears so badly that they ring nonstop, so I guess I either wouldn't hear the buzz or it would be a welcome reprieve from this incessant ringing.

buzzing noise - phatty

[ In Reply To ..]
There was one particular doctor whose work I did last week, and this buzzing sound was in the background the whole time I was doing the report. It was really annoying. Can't remember who she was, but it was making the noise the whole time I was doing the report.

Similar Messages:

Loud Buzz After Lifting Foot Pedal
Jul 17, 2014

Hello everyone, I have downloaded .wav files and tried to play them in Express Scribe and also in Transcription Buddy.  They both play great when first pressing the foot pedal.  But when I let up on the pedal, there is a VERY loud buzz that won't go away until I delete the file, and not even after I exit the software.   Each successive time I press and release the foot pedal, the quality of the buzzing changes - loud, soft, different tones - but it never goes away.  ...

Christmas Carol For MT's - :Do You Hear What I Hear?" Nm
Nov 29, 2009

nm ...

Just Thinking Out Loud!!!
Oct 14, 2010

I have been reading the daily posts for weeks now of MTs applying for jobs with MTSOs, large and small, leaving their sometimes current positions to go with a company who advertise they have new accounts, always steady work, never have to worry about NJA. Then, the MTs join these companies/service owners and within a day/sometimes hours, they have now fallen into the category of another day without work/waiting for work, etc. I just don't understand this. I would think this would be a ...

Loud Doctors
Mar 24, 2012

I have an account where nearly all the doctors seem to be yelling in the microphone or the recording volume is cranked up causing severe distortion of the audio, where turning my own volume down makes them quieter but then I can't make out what they are saying.  My CCM has brought this to the facility's attention and some have corrected their ways, but she named a couple of doctors who had refused.  Refused!?  Why?  Because someone is telling you what to d ...

I Probably Shouldn't Ask This Too Loud
Jul 24, 2013

Particularly on the review of systems and physical examination, now stacking up to the left if it is supposed to do so, with headings and colons? ...

Please Help! You Know That LOUD Bell Sound That
Aug 28, 2010

happens right after you upload a job and right before you get the "spellcheck complete" message?  I know someone described how to stop that sound before but I can't find it.  I would be so appreciative if someone could let me know.......this thing is driving me CRAZY.  Thanks!  :) ...

Do You Talk Out Loud To Your Dictators
Jul 26, 2012

I do.  My faithful dog who sits beside me all day must think I am talking to him, but sometimes when they say the most idiotic things I just feel compelled to respond out loud.  It does make me feel better.  On the flipside of that, I wonder if the dictators are thinking to themselves while dictating that they sure hope I don't leave any blanks so they have to fill them in. It would be fun (?) to get together with some doctors and have a session of "To Tell The Truth A ...

At Least We Get To Laugh Out Loud While Working
May 06, 2014

MEDICATIONS: New pigeon. Don't you just love it? ...

Does There Really Have To Be A Loud Ding In Our Ears When There Is No Match For ADT??
Jan 05, 2011

This doctor not only mumbles the name, but mumbles the spelling of the name.  I try every which way to spell what I hear, but I get that "no matching results found for the chosen criteria" ALONG WITH THAT *$#$ DING.  Its not enough to get that message of not finding the patient, but to hear that ding is driving me crazy....especially with report after report of this same name mumbling man... ...

I'm Just Happy Enough With Life Tonight To Wonder This Out Loud....
Jan 27, 2012

If I read along regularly and reply only sporadically, who the heck is following my posts enough to stalk me?  Really?  ...

Any Advice For Dictator Who Is Loud And Soft
Apr 07, 2012

I can't find a happy medium.  It is too loud when he is loud and too soft when he is soft.  It's horrible and hurts and slows me down.  Thanks for any suggestions offered.  UGH.  ...

OMG, Loud Frogs Are Drowning Out Dictator!
May 18, 2012

This is a first-- loud croaking frogs are drowning out the surgeon. I mean really loud frogs!!! He is on a landline, so this is really, really weird. ...

Listening To Dictator - And Loud Cartoons
May 13, 2015

Today I had the misfortune to have 2 lo-o-o-ng reports by the same dictator - I suspect someone else had him before me and said No Thanks and passed him on to me.  He wouldn't have been bad at all if he'd just speeded up about 5 times faster, and if his son had not been listening to cartoons about 3 feet away.  Actually, his mentation was so slow, it was probably his grandson listening to cartoons.  At one point, he turned around and asked the kid to turn it down some, a ...

Weird One. How Would You Do This?
Feb 08, 2010

Lately I have been doing a lot of transcription for some docs in some ski areas in Colorado so I am running into some terms I have never heard (not necessarily medical) or have thought how to spell.  Today, a pt "tacoed" a rail.  Would you type it that way, or taco'd~or another way? ...

Weird Med Help Please
May 01, 2010

This is a pt in her 20s being seen for a sore throat.  Hx of asthma, vertigo, migraines.  Only medication on her med list s/l "IM".  That is it.  Goes immediately to allergies from there.  Any clue what this could mean?  Nothing before or after to indicate an injection so it is not intramuscular.  Is IM an abbrievation for a medication of some kind that I am not aware of and can not find?  In short-HELP!  ...

Too Weird
Aug 09, 2010

I had 2 op notes from 08/06, then a discharge summary from 08/08.  I was getting all excited, thinking there was backlog and I was going to get work this Monday morning, then poof -- NJA.  Strange.  Why 3 old jobs and then nothing?  Overflow maybe?  Guess I could check the backlog, but I really forgot how and always seems pointless.  Never anything there.  I am typing jobs the second they are dictated, then sit and wait for the next one.  Sure that wo ...

This Is So Weird
Dec 03, 2013

this is so weird. I went into DocQmanage to get status for my BOB and come to find out, there's hardly anybody working. The hospitals I work on have at best only 1-2 people on them and they are so far behind!! Did everyone quit or something? ...

Wow, Something Weird Is Going On ...
Jan 23, 2014

There is definitely something weird with work flow this week.  Here it is Thursday and the entire west coast region has almost no work at all.  The account that I work on that ALWAYS has work has *2* little reports as I type this.  Just going down the list, I'm amazed - the ENTIRE west coast only has 400 reports.  Really?  What's going on this week? ...

Getting Sick Of The Loud Snappy Cracky Sounds Of Late
Oct 08, 2010

x ...

Feeling Weird
May 22, 2010

Has any body every noticed how you find companies that seem interested in you and want to hire you, but if you ask them to look up stuff it takes them forever?I had this one company who was interested in me but when I told them I use a mac computer, which I realize now was my mistake, I get the attitude "See you later"? ...

Weird Question...
Sep 29, 2010

Hi all, I have kind of a weird question. Does anyone else have trouble finding a new job other than MT? I am looking at clerical type work again as I cannot stand being an MT anymore, working from home, NJA, not enough money to support myself, etc. Anyway, I have been applying to any and all jobs FT or PT that are not gas stations or bartending. I've applied everywhere practically within 40 miles from my home in any type of job out there and yet either hear nothing at all, which really ir ...

Weird Printer
Jun 23, 2012

I just sent a document to my Hewlett Packard printer and set it for 3 copies.  The first copy was fine.  The second and third copies looked like a new language.  On further inspection, it was obvious that each letter of the alphabet and number was offset by one.  In other words, a became b, b became c, 1 became 2, etc.  When I sent a request to print just one more copy at a time, it printed just fine.  This is undoubtedly the strangest thing that I've ever had ...

Weird, Plagarism?
Jan 17, 2014

The latest job for Hem/Onc by One-on-One something or other's ad is verbatim the SmartDoc ad. Seems really weird to me. ...

Weird E-mail
Mar 17, 2015

Just looked at my e-mail inbox.  There is an e-mail stating the following: From:  MyFax Subject:  Fax #3050126 I did NOT open it.  Did anyone else get this?  Figuring it is not a good one but rather something to blow out/up my computer. ...

Very Weird .wav Playback Problem
Aug 31, 2010

I have some .wav files I need to load into Express Scribe for a potential placement with a company for school. They will not play in windows media player, or Express Scribe. In ES it says "Opening audio file failed." After this I even downloaded other .wav files for school and they work and play just fine. I am totally at a loss as to why these particular files won't play. Another student said they are working fine for her. Any ideas? ...

Weird Command When Editing?
Mar 21, 2011

I have noticed this a few times now.  About halfway into a report, when I hit ctrl+shift+m to jump to where the text is, the cursor goes to the very end of the document.  Whenever I hit ctrl+shift+m after that, it goes directly to the end, never to where the text/audio is synched.  Is there a command that makes this happen that I am doing accidentally?  Anyone know how to reverse this.  It is soooo annoying to not be able to jump directly to where I want to be!! Thanks. ...

Weird Linkedin Contact Sm
Jul 08, 2012

Hey guys - i got this Linkedin message from this guy - don't know what to think of it and wanted another opinion. I am feeling i should ignore it and that is spam of some sort - any thoughts?  Dr Nayan Mali Healthcare Dear Lorie, we require medical transcriber for 2hr TAT workmen's compensation work. Let me know your interest. Thanks for your quick response in advance. Dr Nayan ...

Weird Abbreviation-please Comfirm
Oct 09, 2012

This is my gyne oncologist and he is very clearly saying "the patient underwent a TDH/BSO." Not a TLH or a TAH, a TDH. I don't find confirmation of that anywhere. Anyone hear of this??? ...

Another Weird Thing - No TLs On Either IM Program.
Dec 17, 2012

nm ...

Weird Question About Financial Aid For School
Jun 30, 2013

Hi guys, I will go to the local UE office this week and check this out but I was just curious right now..does anyone know if there's any special funding for those who lost jobs due to technology? LOL I know that sounds odd but there are so many programs now and I'm not even sure what to ask for. See, I just got laid off due to voice WRECK and the doctors doing their own editing. I will be drawing unemployment but I am not sure how long I can get it. I am going to go to ultrasound tech ...