A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Shouldn't I be the one upset? - OOW

Posted: Mar 19, 2015

When I send an email that states, "I am OOW on the following accounts: Blah, Blah, Blah and Blah.  I will check back later."

Why do I get an email back saying, "Did you check Blah account?"

Ummmmm, it is in the list I sent you... 

TSMs are sending out their famous backlogs....THEY should know I am OOW, but I feel almost guilty telling them I am OOW.  I have had TSMs tell me that no one else was OOW on such and such a date.

Ummmmm, it is likely they are on different accounts.

I should flex (doesn't matter that Nuance changed my schedule and doesn't care if I have a life outside of here), check back later, learn ANOTHER account...it is ALL MY FAULT THERE IS NO WORK...

Do they honestly think I DON't want to work (well, actually I don't, but I have responsibilities). 

same boat - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been consistently out of work with my 5 accounts for the past few months. At first, I welcomed the break. But now we're getting ridiculous. It has picked back up the past week, but still it's very slow and there is usually no work when I clock in at 3 a.m.

I would email my boss every day about my accounts, check back when I could (but I do have a life outside of work, so I could not always make up those hours). I asked on more than one occasion if there were any other accounts that had work, but was just told "everything is slow right now... be patient and make up the time when you can."

So I finally had enough, and a few weeks ago, I filed for partial unemployment. Last week, I filed my first claim --- wouldn't you know it, the VERY NEXT DAY my TSM emails me to tell me "I found another account to add to your pool; you're out of work too much." Hmmm....... we'll isn't it convenient that you manage to find me some work to do as soon as I file for partial UE. Coincidence?

Similar Messages:

Should I Or Shouldn't I...
Aug 11, 2011

I worked for a local hospital as a medical transcription clerk routing work and such to transcriptionist about 1-1/2 years ago. I left that position as I met someone in the transcription department at the hospital in the same department that allowed me to work from home.  I have been working for this person for 1-1/2 years subcontracting work. I just found out the same hospital has 2 open transcription positions in the same department which I am interested in. I am afraid that if I app ...

I Shouldn't Have Taken This Job (venting)
Oct 21, 2010

I actually like the job. The dictators are fine. I'm a month into the job and now in the comfort zone, past the breaking-in period. But this is my first time doing voice recognition, and the pay is too low.  I really didn't have any experience in knowing an acceptable rate for VR. It is my fault for accepting the pay, because they told me what the pay was before I accepted the job. I'm not trying to blame my job at all.  But I was just too eager to be getting a ...

Shouldn't I Hold Off
Jun 12, 2013

If one has never done any coding wouldn't it be better to wait till the schools are teaching ICD-10? ...

I Probably Shouldn't Ask This Too Loud
Jul 24, 2013

Particularly on the review of systems and physical examination, now stacking up to the left if it is supposed to do so, with headings and colons? ...

ARRGGGGGGHHH!! I Am So Upset! Sm
Apr 28, 2010

This new account we have been given (which I heard was sent back from bad ILP work) is absolutely impossible!  Yes I am in the south...   I will not say even the letter because already i had my posts deleted for putting it (even though others are putting it and not getting deleted).  Yes I feel I am being singled out for whupping.!!!   Now today I get reports back that have obviously been abandoned because no one else can possibly do this (among many hundreds same n ...

Management Upset
Mar 14, 2011

goodness gracious ...

So Upset Over FIESA
May 30, 2012

So over this report card.  I don't have to pend anything anymore unless of course it needs to be pended, but today due to low work got stuck on new acct which I had never typed and very first report could not understand what he said (only said 5 words); could not locate any prior reports to look at, went in to pend (totally different looking then what I was used to - tried to IM my QC person who didn't respond so sent email and eventually had to download and now I go in and they s ...

Customers Upset
Aug 07, 2013

Doncha love the frantic emails about how the customers are upset with all the out of TAT work?  Seriously what does this company expect when they push people out the door in droves due to the lousy pay, mistreatment, unethical way they run things.  Karma baby.  ...

Supervisor Upset
Jan 18, 2015

...because so many people are not making 99.5% accuracy in their audits.  Perhaps it is time to consider that whoever promised the client 99.5% accuracy has something quite strong in their medicine cabinet.  For years, the standard has been 98% and that is for a reason.  That number is possible with humans.  Machines sure can't deliver 99.5%; just ask anyone who has to correct the harebrained interpretations of SR, which never learns, by the way.  Do the doctors hav ...

Shouldn't AHDI Be Telling MQ
Mar 02, 2010

this is a very dangerous thing to do for patient care? ...

Shouldn't ICs Be Able To Make Their Own Hours?
Jul 21, 2011

One of the reasons I got in the business in the first place was to make my own schedule. I thought that one of the main rights of an IC is you are able to set your own hours. Why does this not seem to apply to medical transcription??? ...

Fentanyl 50 Mg For A Colonoscopy - Shouldn't It Be Mcg?
Jun 08, 2012

nm ...

Boy, Synernet, You Really Shouldn't Let People
Mar 14, 2015

work off their regular hours for OT! I'm just astonished at all the nice work there is off of my regularly scheduled hours this week!! I thought that kind work was all gone! Got my lines so easily. What an eyeopener. Don't doctors rotate shifts they're on to different times of the day? And weekends? Why are mine always the same no matter what day? Now I know. Looking to leave now. This is totally unacceptible to me. I now know without a doubt I'm being assigned work. Crappy w ...

Failed Test And Very Upset
Nov 02, 2010

I am very upset, I took the radiology test and they say that I failed it and I don't see how. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 20 years. There were only two questions on the multiple choice questions that I was uncertain of and the typing was easy. Has anybody else encountered this? ...

Kinda Upset, Would Like Input
Mar 25, 2012

I've been working in an office for only about 3 months now after about 12 years in-home transcription.  It's a busy office for a doctor who is kind of a "superstar" in his field and I love it.  Here's the thing...  it's a new practice, the entire staff has been here for less than a year and we don't all have hardly any PTO saved up (less than a year and all...) and the doc is going to be closing up the office for 2 weeks to go on vacation.  Several of ...

No Longer Surprised But Always Still Upset--sm
Nov 06, 2014

Yes, I have seen this enough times that it no longer surprises me.  There were 18 reports on my primary.  I have an hour left of my shift.  When I anticipated downloading the next one, all 18 were gone, gone, gone.  It is upsetting.  I would try adjusting my schedule but it would do no good, there normally is too little work during that time as it is.  I already will be taking about 3 hours of PTO for being OOW on Sunday.  It would be 4 but I have made up some ...

Abbreviating Words That Shouldn't Be Abbreviated?
Jun 18, 2011

How do you treat words that the physician abbreviates that shouldn't necessarily be abbreviated? For example, I'm transcribing for an ENT physician's assistant who routinely will abbreviate medications or conditions in her haste to speak quickly. In a dictation I'm working on now, the patient has "a perfed TM and is on Oflox. otic suspension" (the patient has a perforated TM and is on Ofloxacin otic suspension). I tend to remove the abbreviations and type out the full word ...

Alpha Hiring On Other MT Site, Should I Or Shouldn't I?
Feb 20, 2014

Alpha has an ad for ICs on the other MT site and I've seen some posting here that they may not be a good employer. Anyone know if they are okay to work for, pay on time, etc. Thanks. ...

Why So Upset About Med Records Going OS? Your Financial Info,
Dec 22, 2010

someone know I had a runny nose than know what my financial status is. ...

BayScribe Status Quo Today Despite Upset MTs
Dec 17, 2014

I see that there' no feedback on World Client from the meeting leaders regarding yesterday's heated teleconference discussion, just the usual "KEEP SMILING" (we AREN'T) cliche's and even a request for coverage commitments for the New Year's Day period.  I guess they're hoping if they don't deal with it, it will pass and we'll all go back to be good, mute boys and girls.  NOT.   I thought there would at least be a minimal response considerin ...

If It Were Not So Laughable I Might Be Upset. Their Fake QC Percentages
Feb 26, 2015

...when they need a boatload of us "unfavorables" to resign so they can hurry up and give former QC (previously it was the team lead) people our slots. Nuance should realize that, at the very least, some of us have learned to transcribe right through their stupid bogus scripts, some have even had the same script twice, it has happened so frequently, and we have learned how to do screen shots and keep meticulous records and ... warn others about it. So, especially you folks who have been ...

Since The Quarter Ended 09/30, Shouldn't Our Webclock Reflect.....sm
Oct 09, 2013

The score for this quarter?  Mine is still showing my QA accuracy score exactly as it was prior to 09/30, which made me ineligible for the weekly production incentive bonus for the entire last quarter.  So now my "new" score for the quarter that ended 09/30 is 99.28%, which would mean I'm eligible for the weekly incentive bonus for this past week, right?  However, my Webclock timesheet shows the 98.64% score from before 09/30 and shows me with an incentive (Better Me Better W ...

Shouldn't All MTSOs Be Investigated By The Dept Of Labor?
Apr 04, 2015

Landmark:  They were sued with a class action for FLSA violation, for "willfull and reckless" nonpayment of overtime in 2011.  I have not seen a suit for minimum wage.  Anyone aware of any suits besides the one against Landmark?  ...

Patient Was Upset By The S/l *ma-loo* On The Unit And Has Decreased Sleep" NM TIA
May 24, 2012

x ...

So Tired Of Putting In A Lot Of Time With No Work. It Makes Me Very Upset. Nm
Aug 23, 2014

nm ...