A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Alpha hiring on other MT site, should I or shouldn't I? - MTlooking

Posted: Feb 20, 2014

Alpha has an ad for ICs on the other MT site and I've seen some posting here that they may not be a good employer. Anyone know if they are okay to work for, pay on time, etc. Thanks.

I don't suggest - gemini

[ In Reply To ..]
They are in labor law issues for not following laws. They are also owned by IMeX, a company based in India. So, if you need anything, ever, good luck. I could never understand a word any of them said and hung up on tech every time. :(

Wow! How do companies get by with this? - Thanks Gemini

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I should keep looking. I'm amazed companies keep hiring when they are in trouble, etc. What's up with that. Thanks for the info. Onward with my search.

No idea.. - gemini

[ In Reply To ..]
at all. I have personally many times talked to the labor department gentleman there and would be happy to forward his info to anyone in the same boat that would like to provide him more info. I hate companies that feel bigger than the law and keep doing this to people. I did see their ad now states appropriate things for income..however, when I questioned it and if I would receive my back pay that I am owed, of course I was ignored.

Similar Messages:

Should I Or Shouldn't I...
Aug 11, 2011

I worked for a local hospital as a medical transcription clerk routing work and such to transcriptionist about 1-1/2 years ago. I left that position as I met someone in the transcription department at the hospital in the same department that allowed me to work from home.  I have been working for this person for 1-1/2 years subcontracting work. I just found out the same hospital has 2 open transcription positions in the same department which I am interested in. I am afraid that if I app ...

I Shouldn't Have Taken This Job (venting)
Oct 21, 2010

I actually like the job. The dictators are fine. I'm a month into the job and now in the comfort zone, past the breaking-in period. But this is my first time doing voice recognition, and the pay is too low.  I really didn't have any experience in knowing an acceptable rate for VR. It is my fault for accepting the pay, because they told me what the pay was before I accepted the job. I'm not trying to blame my job at all.  But I was just too eager to be getting a ...

Shouldn't I Hold Off
Jun 12, 2013

If one has never done any coding wouldn't it be better to wait till the schools are teaching ICD-10? ...

I Probably Shouldn't Ask This Too Loud
Jul 24, 2013

Particularly on the review of systems and physical examination, now stacking up to the left if it is supposed to do so, with headings and colons? ...

Shouldn't I Be The One Upset?
Mar 19, 2015

When I send an email that states, "I am OOW on the following accounts: Blah, Blah, Blah and Blah.  I will check back later." Why do I get an email back saying, "Did you check Blah account?" Ummmmm, it is in the list I sent you...  TSMs are sending out their famous backlogs....THEY should know I am OOW, but I feel almost guilty telling them I am OOW.  I have had TSMs tell me that no one else was OOW on such and such a date. Ummmmm, it is likely they are on different accounts. ...

Shouldn't AHDI Be Telling MQ
Mar 02, 2010

this is a very dangerous thing to do for patient care? ...

Shouldn't ICs Be Able To Make Their Own Hours?
Jul 21, 2011

One of the reasons I got in the business in the first place was to make my own schedule. I thought that one of the main rights of an IC is you are able to set your own hours. Why does this not seem to apply to medical transcription??? ...

Fentanyl 50 Mg For A Colonoscopy - Shouldn't It Be Mcg?
Jun 08, 2012

nm ...

Boy, Synernet, You Really Shouldn't Let People
Mar 14, 2015

work off their regular hours for OT! I'm just astonished at all the nice work there is off of my regularly scheduled hours this week!! I thought that kind work was all gone! Got my lines so easily. What an eyeopener. Don't doctors rotate shifts they're on to different times of the day? And weekends? Why are mine always the same no matter what day? Now I know. Looking to leave now. This is totally unacceptible to me. I now know without a doubt I'm being assigned work. Crappy w ...

Abbreviating Words That Shouldn't Be Abbreviated?
Jun 18, 2011

How do you treat words that the physician abbreviates that shouldn't necessarily be abbreviated? For example, I'm transcribing for an ENT physician's assistant who routinely will abbreviate medications or conditions in her haste to speak quickly. In a dictation I'm working on now, the patient has "a perfed TM and is on Oflox. otic suspension" (the patient has a perforated TM and is on Ofloxacin otic suspension). I tend to remove the abbreviations and type out the full word ...

Since The Quarter Ended 09/30, Shouldn't Our Webclock Reflect.....sm
Oct 09, 2013

The score for this quarter?  Mine is still showing my QA accuracy score exactly as it was prior to 09/30, which made me ineligible for the weekly production incentive bonus for the entire last quarter.  So now my "new" score for the quarter that ended 09/30 is 99.28%, which would mean I'm eligible for the weekly incentive bonus for this past week, right?  However, my Webclock timesheet shows the 98.64% score from before 09/30 and shows me with an incentive (Better Me Better W ...

Shouldn't All MTSOs Be Investigated By The Dept Of Labor?
Apr 04, 2015

Landmark:  They were sued with a class action for FLSA violation, for "willfull and reckless" nonpayment of overtime in 2011.  I have not seen a suit for minimum wage.  Anyone aware of any suits besides the one against Landmark?  ...

Alpha In MN
Jun 03, 2013

Anybody who works for Alpha in MN willing to answer a few newbie questions?  If yes, please e-mail me. Thanks for your time! ...

What Is Going On At Alpha?
Aug 04, 2014

Does anyone know what is going on at Alpha?  Apparently the let employees complete the last 2-week pay period without telling anyone that they had changed the way they were calculating the line counts.   ...

Anything About Alpha Transcription?
Jun 17, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Alpha Trancription? I have been talking with them. Are they a good place to work? ...

ALPHA Transcription Anyone?
Sep 15, 2010

Any current info on this company? What kind of platform? Good/bad mgmt? Work flow issues? ...

Alpha-fetoprotein
Sep 30, 2010

Is alpha-fetoprotein normally hyphenated? If so, why? Compound modifier for protein? ...

Alpha Transcription - Sm
Oct 18, 2010

Any info on how long from turning in your paperwork until you start training or hear from IT?  TIA. ...

What Is Up With Alpha Transcription?
Oct 21, 2010

I was just wondering if anybody knows what is up with Alpha.  Did they lose accounts?  No communications.  Shuffling people here and there. ...

Alpha - What A Joke
Feb 19, 2011

7.5 cpl for VBC - thanx but no thanx.  Do they think they are hiring MTs from out of the US with these wages?  Not this MT, that's for sure. Flat out refused prior to interview once rate was made known. ...

ALPHA Transcription?
May 18, 2011

Any info on ALPHA Transcription -- good, bad, or ugly?  Thanks. ...

Alpha Transcription, MN
Jun 09, 2011

Can anyone give any uptodate info on this company as far as platform and accounts.  Thanks much! ...

Anyone Have Low/no Work During The Day For Alpha Out Of MN Lately?
Jan 12, 2012

nm ...

Alpha Transcription - What A Rip-off!
Mar 23, 2012

How are all you alphies out there loving the new cuts? Don't ya just love not getting paid for spaces, then templates, and now headers and footers? What's next? Commas and periods? What a rip-off! I'm quitting soon. Anybody else? ...

Alpha Transcription MN
Jun 01, 2012

Does anybody know if Alpha has been sold yet?  An MT friend of mine was interested in working there but with it being for sale with Kruse Acquisitions and the ability for the new owner to use their own MTs she does not want to start and then be let go soon.  Thanks for any info. ...

Alpha Staff
Nov 23, 2012

Anybody else having problems logging in on webclock.  I started working but have yet to be able to log in; sent note to TL.  I now have no work but was able to get 2 hours of work in - we will see how the rest of the day goes ...

Alpha, CommandHealth, Or GIS?
Jun 18, 2013

I have job offers from these, read the archives, am scared of all, lol, what would you do?  GIS is offering .075cpl/.0375VR, CommandHealth (MD-IT) .078cpl/.0969 per minute, Alpha 8cpl/4VR, all employee status.  Any current info as to platforms, work availability, etc. TIA! ...

Alpha Out Of Ohio
Aug 30, 2013

Looking at their ad on MT Daily.  Any information would be helpful.  Are there any benefits for FT or is it IC's only?   The ad says IC.  If they have FT/employee, do they offer insurance?  I see it is mostly editing.  Do they frown upon using the mouse to move around in the text?  Do they count off for errors?  Just routine information would be helpful. ...

Anyone Currently Working For Alpha?
Mar 17, 2014

Anyone currently working for Alpha? When searching through archives, I see there were some problems. I am curious if it has gotten better?    Thanks! ...

Alpha/AKA Imedix
Aug 22, 2014

Anyone else wondering why Alpha, which is now apparently owned by Indians, working on USA government contracts (Numerous VA Hospitals across the country)?   ...