A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why, oh why, do they get to the laboratory/diagnostic data portion and decide to speed talk...Grrr!! - EarlyMorning

Posted: May 12, 2011

nm

drives me nuts too......sm - Tiny

[ In Reply To ..]
Luckily I can look up the lab results fairly easily, however, I know that is not the case for many transcriptionists out there.

Similar Messages:

Laboratory Data Web Sites
Dec 11, 2009

I seem to be having a problem with getting the lab data in the right sentence structure can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance. ...

Laboratory Data: S/l S2P3 And S2O3
Oct 22, 2010

My brain is fried. This is in Laboratory data of a Discharge Summary, doctor is speaking VERY quickly. s/l: S2P3 and S2O3 or maybe SUPD and SUOD. Sentence: CPK 69, LDS 426, S2P3 38, S2O3 44, serum amylase 30.... Help! =( ...

GRRR...mme
Feb 09, 2010

I typed AcipHex just liked the manufacturer spells it.  Is this wrong?  MME corrected it to Aciphex.  How would you type it at MQ? ...

Grrr
Jun 08, 2010

I AM SO MAD AT THEM. I retested with them today and they had the nerve to tell me that I did not have the minimum requirements for them. I thought I had a passing grade, wish I knew what their passing grade is? Any body know? If they do not want my services, then I should not offer them. ...

DQS Down Again And Ccm Says No Pay..grrr...
Jun 19, 2012

If I can not make up the time from this DQS downtime today I have been instructed to put in for "excused--no pay in Teamwork.   Beyond frustrated... ...

Riddle Me This. Grrr
May 10, 2015

Patient has 2 children. Further on down, C-section is dictated in the medical history, and MM ASR output is 2 C-sections! What the heck. 2 was not dictated! I am so sick of the crummy ASR after YEARS of promising us better, yet it gets worse. I have not been doing MOT because my hands hurt too much from the repetitive movements getting to the numerous corrections. I actually got a nice long straight typing job, and my hands stopped hurting. ...

Grrr - 20 Minutes To Do A 3-minute ASR Job
Apr 20, 2013

Add to the numerous corrections plus formatting, an unfamiliar account. And.... why are there some jobs in my usual accounts sitting there and I am getting all these unknown accounts! ...

My Company Never Replies Back - Grrr
Mar 07, 2011

Hi- going to generically ask this question:   Do your supervisors always answer your emails or phone calls?  Where I work, they are horrible about getting back to MTs and sometimes just simply do not. I am taliking about important questions about scheduling, which account to work on, software issues, etc., ..............    It is frustrating! ...

Mass Within The Right Sub-*difurmatic* Portion Of The Liver? Thanks. Nm
Apr 17, 2011

nm ...

Paid My Portion Upon Leaving Dr.'s Office
Aug 07, 2012

I have never had to do this before.  I had a procedure done in a dermatologists's office, and they had checked with my insurance beforehand to determine the payment, etc.  They got all the information, my procedure was covered, and she informed me of my portion after the insurance pays their portion.  This is all usual and standard.  However, I had to pay my portion upon leaving the office, which I have never had to do before at any other doctor's office or the hosp ...

Do I Take A Job With Transcend? Just Need To Complete The Dictation Portion Of The Test Sm
Nov 14, 2010

and they will offer me a job.  Is there work there?  I have no work with MQ and would like to find a different job.  Should I take it?  Just need more work and already working 2 jobs!  Thanks! ...

Does Nuance Pay A Portion Of A Weight Loss Program?
Oct 19, 2014

x ...

DIAGNOSTIC TEST
May 17, 2012

what is the correct way of typing 2D echo?   ex.       2D Echo was requested.      2d Echo was requested.      2D-Echo was requested.      2d-Echo was requested. ...

Future-Net. Guess I Must Have Flunked The Transcription Portion Of The Test
Feb 25, 2010

Really not expecting to hear back.  Left several blanks in 2 of the reports.  I have 30 years experience and can transcribe ESL, but on one-try, give me a break. ...

Retro Diagnostic Testing????
Nov 03, 2009

Am I hearing this correct? ...

Diagnostic Report Generator
Dec 20, 2009

Does anyone with the "Big Q" (other than for op reports) who uses the Diagnostic Reports Generator?  There's not much info about it . Is there anyone who has a little time to give the rest of us peons who don't understand it some information about it?  Thank you so much! ...

Schizophrenia Diagnostic Criteria
Jun 21, 2012

The guidelines, the diagnostic guidelines are actually things which arise DS 7-4 and CD10.  Those are the diagnostic criteria.   Is it DS 7-4 or DA7-4 or VA 7-4?? Thanks for any help. ...

Ritt Diagnostic Test For Depression?
Jul 13, 2011

nm ...

Coping (??) Wire Used In Diagnostic Angiography
Jun 02, 2014

Anyone heard of "coping wire" that is used in a diagnostic angiography?  Thanks. ...

There Is A (s/l Lens) Shaped Area Of Low Signal In The Weightbearing Portion Of The Lateral Femoral
Sep 27, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Help Me Decide
Mar 29, 2011

Hope someone can help me.  I have worked for a couple of MTSO for around 10 years.  Will be switching to VR soon.  I am starting to have problems forcing myself to work at least 2 straight hours without interrupting myself either out of boredom or because someone interrupted me (I work from home).  I can never seem to get over 200 lines per hour and the benefits are not great.  I applied to a hospital in house (about 35 minutes away).  The only shift they had was a ...

Can't Decide Between MA Or LPN
May 22, 2013

I am going to do it - get out of MTing for good and really, really want to work in patient care.  I love the thought of being an LPN, but I'm seeing so many jobs for medical assistants.  It seems to me as though MAs are replacing LPNs.  A hospital near me has 13 openings for medical assistants and only one opening for an LPN.  Which way to go is the best? Confused! ...

Help! This Is A Diagnostic Report And Does Not Include Past Medical Sm
Feb 28, 2015

history or any actual conditions.  Medication s/l Imodium lac D??? Possible that it is Imodium, s/l lac D (or maybe not Imodium at all and it is one word?) omeprozole is in list so he does have stomach issues.  I'm stumped.  Extremely fast dictator!!! ...

How Do You Decide What Is Okay To Abbreviate?
Mar 27, 2011

I know some are obvious, like MRI, but how do you decide what is okay to abbreviate and what is not?  For example, I am transcribing for a neurologist/sleep study doc and he uses CPAP, COPD, and JVD a lot.  Are those to be spelled out?  In school, we learned that everything should be spelled out, but I have seen evidence to the contrary in several books.  What is your opinion? ...

Trying To Decide Which School
Nov 01, 2011

Ive been trying to decide which school to take the MT course....Andrews or MTEC. I know there has been lots of posts already but I have a few unanswered questions. I have a pretty good idea how MTEC works since they have a webinar showing & explaining their learning platform. I also know that they are all online and if you choose to buy books to study its extra. Im trying to find out how you learn at Andrews and what materials are included. I know i need to call but i want to hear from real peop ...

Trying To Decide Between Employee And IC...
Dec 08, 2011

I am a little math challenged.  Does anyone know which would be better (general ballpark idea) employee at 8 cpl, or IC at 9 cpl?  I do not need the insurance, as I have private insurance, so strictly paywise.  Is it better to take the lower cpl and not have to pay the entire tax, or the higher cpl and pay all taxes?  TIA.  ...

Trying To Decide To Test For A Job
Apr 15, 2012

I applied for a VR job that I'm not sure I want. I don't mind the VR so much but it doesn't pay much but I really only want a part-time job and this one is full time. I am wondering what these companies consider full time. Some say 32 to 40 hours per week. Not sure I like the days either with one weekend day included. ...

How Did They Decide Which Managers To Let Go?
Oct 25, 2014

Mine was let go.  She seemed very efficient and nice.  Do they decide by how many years you are employed by MM? ...

Trying To Decide, SoftScript Or Amphion
Nov 05, 2010

Both part-time, both let me choose my schedule; however, Amphion is primarily editing and SoftScript is straight transcription at more than double the editing pay offered by Amphion.  Anyone have any experience working for both or is anyone currently employed by either and can offer some insight in how they are to work for? Thanks for any info, good, bad or indifferent! ...

Would Appreciate Some Help From Current CMTs To Help Me Decide
Apr 17, 2011

Does your employer offer a differential for being a CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist)?  I am on the fence as to whether to take the CMT test now or just wait until it becomes mandatory.  Would really appreciate some help from current CMTs to maybe sway me one way or the other.  Since I am currently looking for a new employer, this may be the perfect time for me to decide.  If I go the CMT route, then I would probably apply to companies that will pay me more for the C ...