A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Expectations, reality check ..and Plan of Action - buckleup

Posted: Dec 23, 2012

I just cant believe MMOdal have set their bar so low...

What has MModal done to make our accuracy grow

DEP programers, heres a piece of advice...get an option of grading the dictator in ur next version of DEP within the file....like, excellent, decent, good, bad, worst...whoever ever get 2 weeks of worst % should be warned if still no improvement, penailze with heafty fine and still no improvement, should be dumped from dictating forever..

1.  MMODAL face it..ur DEP program is grabage..even my windows 7 speech recognition works better..

2.  Did they clamp down on horrible/ESL dictators or did they make ESL/horrible dictators loosen their pocket..(should reach MTs).

3.  Did they ever say "good job".. ur work is being noticed and u'll get appropriate rewards..just as confidence booster for MTs.

4.  Outsourcing policy is fine with me...but wheather it is INDIAN or USA employee.. u need to judge them on their work, not with overseas rates, which is drastically low compared to USA..

Lastly, BOOST program should be dumped and whoever cameup with that plan should be shown the door.. complete waste of money...and that survery...

BOOST a bust. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
I had wanted to contact my BOOST mentor, but in the last MM email clean out, it had deleted her email, so I asked my TSM to get me the contact info for my mentor. She could not find any info and it appeared that the mentor program might be gone.

BOOST a bust - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand the quality coachs are doing this now.

Guess no one told her. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
She couldn't find the BOOST mentor for me. LOL

I don't think they even really check it... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
The only thing that ever changes on my SR proficiency is the inactive time percentage. Everything else is always the same. I consistently get a 1 for using the highlighter, and I use it constantly. I always get a 5 for speeding up the sound file and I never do that. If anything, sometimes I slow it down. I think it's a farce.

unlikes..really.. - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
3 dislikes..what did u dislike in this post..are u indian or u not like MTs to be judged on their quality performance?

Similar Messages:

Christmas Time - My Reality Check -- Love What I Do Then MT Reality Sinks In
Dec 22, 2013

REALITY CHECK ... makes me wanna testify this Holiday Season, let me share. I am now working as an MT/ME at a major MTSO corporation - and then reality slaps me in the face, on a daily basis as I merrily type my little fingers away, almost to the point of feeling aches and pain penetrating into my metacarpal phalanges. Now do not get me wrong, I love what I do and enjoy my work... and I am very good at what I do (top Tier ME/MT and QA, at the top of the pay scale, and always maintain 98% p ...

Reality Check
Jun 18, 2012

Transcenders are nothing special? Oh yes we are. Worked for a hospital system for over 20 years, was sold into slave labor to Transcend and now Nuance, the Wal Mart of transcription, is taking over. Sit here daily wait, wait, wait for work on an account that I KNOW GOOD AND WELL there is work on. Nuance, the Wal Mart of health care does not care about YOU, ME or the next person. All they want is $$$$$. ...

Exactly What Is The Performance Action Plan ?
Sep 25, 2014

I know this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the thread. I'm wondering exactly what the peformance action plan is. Are any of you on this and what is the reason behind why you were put on it. TIA.  ...

Nuance Disciplinary Action Plan
Jul 21, 2013

Does anyone know what, if any, disciplinary action Nuance has taken due to variances between system hours and hands-on-keyboard hours? Also, less than committed hours due to OOW situations (and not making it up during nonwork hours)? I want to know if these are things I even need to get worked up over. ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

Expectations For QA.
Jul 26, 2013

Does anyone know the expectations for QAs? Like, are they required to produce a certain amount? How are they paid? Hourly, salary, or per production? Is their quality checked like MLS's are? How often? How long are they allowed/recommended to spend on each blank (I was told by my supervisor to spend no more than 5-7 minutes researching a blank and, if not researchable, 3 listens per blank before moving on. If I go over MY allowed variance hours, I'm told I'm spending too much time ...

Perception Vs. Reality
Mar 03, 2010

I have read the emails and spoken with several of my friends as well as my Quality Coach. I have not always agreed with MedQuist over the years, however, I am not so ignorant or blind to miss the fact that the Q ... perceived to be evil or not, IS INVESTING in several programs that undeniably help the MTs who do the right thing, the so-call "higher performers".     ...

So Underpaid For Expectations!
Oct 11, 2011

Need to vent.  Cannot stand to hear any more sad attempts by docs to murder the English language, to expect us miracle workers to turn garbage into important medical records, to expect us to read their minds, to throw out a bunch of words and expect us to give it some structure while staying within about 10 different guidelines, mostly set up by old ladies trying to stay relevent, yes I said it, and all this plus more for about $10/hr on a good pay period.  I could deal with the stress ...

Need To Know The Reality About An MT Career
Oct 26, 2011

I am considering going through training to become an MT and have been reading the posts on this forum for several weeks now. Before I make a decision I would like some opinions from you all who know this industry. Specifically, I would be looking to do MT on a part time basis. I am a stay- at- home mom with two kids in elementary school. My questions: 1) How realistic is it to find a part time job in MT (after training) where I can work my own hours from home? It seems like a lot of ...

Internet And Reality
May 01, 2012

You all do know that because this is a public forum, that ANYONE can say WHATEVER they want and pump up their company, MQ, M*Modal, Nuance, ad. naseum?  Right?  You do know that, okay.  Back in the "day", we kinda knew who was who, and what was what; it is not that way anymore.  It is a whole new world.  You can open a new company with a couple bucks, post a lot of "WOW" comments on Google reviews and what-not, hey, looking good, good ratings/reviews.  Really, you&n ...

Absolute FED UP With These Expectations
Oct 24, 2012

I am absolutely fed up with being an MT and I am about to leave this field for good. Over the years, I have worked for several MT companies and I know that quality is important. I understand that the reports have to be correct and quality has to be high. However, what I need to *** about is what these MT companies are REALLY doing to us. First of all, to be an MT, we went to school. We studied our butts off and we paid an outragous fee to get this diploma. We took tests and passed them. We ...

Unreasonable Expectations?
Nov 05, 2012

Am I being unreasonable here? I have been an acute care MT for almost 15 years, spent the last year and half learning coding, coding increasingly complex cases, working towards certification. I am having a hard time with the concept of getting certified and then only being able to find a job doing billing in a doctor's office at $13 an hour. I feel like I would be taking a step backwards, like I have all this inpatient expertise, and I would be billing URIs and primary care visits. The ...

Economic Reality And MQ Policies
Mar 02, 2010

Years ago, hospitals were charged 15 cents a line.  Now you see ads for 9 cents.  You all know all the factors that make this possible.  The executives are not going to lower their salaries; they are going to continue to try to lower their cost per line of transcription.  If you are doing this to make some extra money, that is one thing, but for most MTs there is going to be no way you will be able to earn a decent full-time salary unless you can work 100 hours a week.  ...

Expectations Too High - Am I Unrealistic?
Sep 29, 2010

I need opinions please.  Do I expect too much?  When I ask my lead a question I do not usally get an answer.  When she does choose to respond it is  very often rude and/or condescening.   Not one time have I ever gotten a sample despite numerous requests.     Am I unreasonalbe? ...

The Reality Of The UNION Talk
Apr 25, 2011

The only person REALLY interested is apparently the person who recently posted.  ****** This followup is posted mostly to point out the REALITY and that's that MTs will NEVER unionize :)  It's just a topic that comes up, everybody creates fervor for their POV and then it all goes away (thank goodness)!   ...

When Will The Stats Show The Reality In Transcription?
Nov 15, 2009

In searching the web for a new job I keep running into federal and state stats that say the low end salary of a newbie transcriptionist is $14 and high end is $24.  They must be talking American dollars because Indians make $0.78 an hour.  They also say it is a growing field (so much so it's spilling into the sea and floating to India) and there is a high demand for experienced medical transcriptionists (!?)  Where the heck do they get their outdated information???  I f ...

Salary/wage Expectations - Your Thoughts
Jan 18, 2011

I am interested in hearing what those of you with experience in this business would consider a reasonable salary or wage in today's market for doing MT.  What do you think the average earnings are for doing medical transcription today.  Would you say $40,000 a year would be over the top, average, or low.  Better yet, if you knew a company was paying an average salary of $40,000 a year, would you consider that laughable or something worth looking into? All ...

Leaving Transcription ... Low Pay, High Expectations
Jun 06, 2011

I have had it... Low pay, high expectations, stressssssssss!  Going to work in a department store. Hourly wage, paid for all I do all the time. ...

Future Of MT -- Love What I Do, But Reality Sinks In
Feb 04, 2012

REALITY CHECK ... makes me wanna holler!! Now working as an ME/MT at two major MTSO corporations – and then reality slaps me in the face, on a daily basis, as I merrily type my little fingers away, almost to the point of feeling a bit of pain and arthritis coming on.  Please someone hand me the Mineral Ice or  Aspercreme before I  can no longer stand the pain !!!  ... and I am very good at what I do (top Tier ME/MT and QA, at the top of the pay scale, and always maint ...

Transcription Line Rates Expectations
Oct 23, 2012

Copied directly from an advertisement for a transcriptionist for a hospital setting;  2. Transcribes an average of 10,000 lines per day, based on an 8 hour day.   now, can anybody really do this?  lol.  maybe they are talking speech rec, but even this would be a lot to expect.  Wonder if they pay incentive for going over line requirements.  ...

Salary Increase Expectations After Getting CPC, CCS Credentials
Feb 03, 2013

I just landed an entry-level position as a hospital outpatient coder!  Yay!  It is a foot in the door towards my new career.  After I sit for and get my credentials (I have 0 experience in this field), I plan on giving my passing credentials to my HIM director and to HR.  Is it appropriate to ask HR when I do my hiring paperwork/orientation what salary increases are given for credentials and per credential?  I am not really sure that is the right time or place to discuss ...

Call To Action-ASR
May 28, 2010

We have talked about unions, organizing, etc.  Probably not very realistic.  But surely there is some way to have our voices heard in numbers regarding the fact ASR is not the product they tell us it is.  All these numbers being based around the fact we can be so much more productive on ASR are lies.  If it were true, we would all shut up and produce.  Our voices are not being heard.  MQ should stand behind their claims.  I tried again to get positive changes m ...

Legal Action
Jun 10, 2010

I really can't believe this....well I can. I quit Medquist three weeks ago. I promptly received my labels to return my equipment which included a letter saying I needed to return the equipment within 14 days.....5 DAYS LATER...I get a letter via UPS, which I had to sign for, saying I MUST return the equipment within 7 days or legal action will be put upon me!!! Really??? First of all, I've been trying unsuccessfully to find a box and packing to protect the computer in transit, but furt ...

IS THERE ANY LEGAL ACTION WE CAN TAKE
Apr 03, 2013

For constantly getting no jobs on your shift anymore?  This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!  It has been since December and is just getting constantly worse!  My shift is supposed to be 5 hours and I very rarely get more than 2.5 hours of work, tonight just 2 hours!  My supervisor says she has too many MTs in our group, SO WHY AREN'T WE MOVING PEOPLE AROUND!?  There must be something legally that can be done about this!  It is totally unfair!  I have worked for ...

Corrective Action
Apr 13, 2013

Sorry if this is a duplicate post - I tried to post and then it disapeared.  Anyhow, does anyone know how many corrective actions you can get before you get canned?  I've gotten 2 recently for production. :/ ...

NJA - Legal Action
Aug 05, 2013

Has anyone spoken to a lawyer about NJA and not being paid for that time, or being forced to use our PTO, even though it's not our request to have a day off? Just wondering, because I'm thinking of speaking to a lawyer, can't imagine this is legal. ...

Where Is The Class Action Lawyer?
Mar 03, 2010

There ought to be class action lawyers lined around the block to represent us!!! ...

Fair Pay, Collective Action
Aug 14, 2011

MedQuist has steadily decreased its pay for speech recognition to a level that forces experienced medical transcriptionists into poverty.  Currently, speech recognition at 300 lines per hour pays less than that earned by a nursing assistant with only 2 weeks of training. We are calling for a universal action beginning 1 September 2011, with a demand that MedQuist increase the speech recognition rate to at least 85% of what we earn with straight transcription.  EFFECTIVE September 1, 2 ...

MT Week Direct Action
May 10, 2012

more. May Day! May Day! The MT ship is listing and worse! Join us in a Letters to the Editor Campaign Online and in Print Starting MT Week! Here is what we are doing and asking you as a working MT to do. Whenever you are OOW, NJA, etc., draft a letter, compile a list of local newspapers and blogs in your area or nationally and start mailing them, posting them or emailing them to the editor. Let us be productive during our OOW times and do something about our collective situations. You can req ...

Class Action Lawsuit?
Apr 08, 2013

Wondering how/if all of us who work for MModal can start a class action lawsuit against them?  What for you ask?  Oh gee......lying to us, taking our work away from us, saying they'll pay a certain amount but really do not, bad TSMs.....etc, etc.  What all those are called in legal terms, I have no idea.  I am 60 years old and not close to retirement age yet.....Michigan does not allow part time UE, so what the heck am I going to do for a living for the next 2 years?&nbs ...