A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT Week Direct Action - Thwarting AHDI and much

Posted: May 10, 2012

more.

May Day! May Day! The MT ship is listing and worse! Join us in a Letters to the Editor Campaign Online and in Print Starting MT Week!

Here is what we are doing and asking you as a working MT to do. Whenever you are OOW, NJA, etc., draft a letter, compile a list of local newspapers and blogs in your area or nationally and start mailing them, posting them or emailing them to the editor. Let us be productive during our OOW times and do something about our collective situations.

You can request they keep your name confidential if you must.

Please forward or post here what newspapers, blogs, etc., you post, mail or email to so we can track and increase our effectiveness over time.

As an aside, I love the post below about striking and other ideas contained within. Another person who is thinking! More to come on that.

We CAN stop lamenting offshoring and do something about it and I will post more about that in the coming weeks. It will require divorcing yourself from some of those ideas you may hold dear. Educate yourself and you will see why. More to come.

I like it! - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
nm (for now)

I like it, too! - nm - Meerkat

[ In Reply To ..]

Direct Action Letter - Real Public

[ In Reply To ..]
Let us take meaningful action today and this weekend to regain MT Week as a week that truly recognizes the working MT by shipping Letters to the Editor off electronically and by snail mail to your local papers for publication in their print editions.

AHDIs theme this year is "patient safety"

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign for - Real Public Awareness of

[ In Reply To ..]
MT Week (that begins Sunday) and what working MTs actually bring to "patient safety."

Let us take meaningful action today and this weekend to regain MT Week as a week that TRULY recognizes the working MT. Ship Letters to the Editor off electronically and by snail mail to your local papers for publication in their print and online editions.

AHDIs theme this year is "patient safety" in case you didn't know. What a joke and so self-serving! How about a theme of "The MTSO How-To Guide To Ensure More Americans Fall Into Poverty While 1% Corporate America Gets Richer"

We encourage you to take this weekend and to draft your letters and get them sent by early Monday morning. Hopefully we can meet publication deadlines. Write letters particularly if you are OOW and waiting for work during your shift. You'll have many points to make in your letter!

Feel free to post your submissions here as we can work together to develop effective strategies and effective talking points for the future - for healthcare consumers, doctors, hospital executives and transcription supervisors. Politely and humorously explain why they may be part of the problem rather than part of the solution to America's economic downturn, that the cheapest product at the cheapest price and their "bottom line" MUST NOT be the only considerations.

C'mon ladies and gents, let's rally!

Here's a link to motivate you: http://www.savethepostoffice.com/great-minds-think-alike-and-so-do-usps-district-managers

Here's 2 more links to inspire you: nationalnursesunited.org (see link to Roseanne Demoro interview on right side) It's well worth the time!

Listen to interview with Kathleen H. Jamieson at http://billmoyers.com/segment/kathleen-hall-jamieson-on-campaign-misinformation/.
It will surely inspire you to educate yourself so as not to fall prey to misinformation from either the right or left!

Let's rally ladies and gents!

Direct Action - Ultra

[ In Reply To ..]
How about samples from some of the MTs who have time on their hands? (Yeah, right) Something short, sweet, to the point that can be personalized and then posted. The powers that be need facts -- with what can we wow them. . .?

Why on earth? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would I want to write the newspaper about OOW? Are you serious? Striking? Have fun making a fool of yourself - WOW!

And who is "we" anyway. The MTs that can't make the line counts? There are plenty that do make the count, so good luck with this.

Similar Messages:

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign Mt Week
May 22, 2012

By the way you have me mixed up with someone else who wrote a LTTE. The post you critiqued was the first draft of this particular letter. Thanks again for your constructive criticism. I loved it!  Version 2 and I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more than you enjoyed Version 1 Medical Transcriptionist Week began May 20th to recognize MTs over a week. The theme this year: Patient Safety. MTs across the country are transcribing medical records and are dedicated to being a 1st-line d ...

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign For
May 18, 2012

MT Week (that begins Sunday) and what working MTs actually bring to "patient safety." Let us take meaningful action today and this weekend to regain MT Week as a week that TRULY recognizes the working MT. Ship Letters to the Editor off electronically and by snail mail to your local papers for publication in their print and online editions. AHDIs theme this year is "patient safety" in case you didn't know. What a joke and so self-serving! How about a theme of "The MTSO How-To Guide To Ensu ...

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign
May 20, 2012

It looks like I will be the 1st to post a letter to the editor that is going out. I will be hitting everywhere from the East Coast to the West coast and everywhere in between! Read on and feel free to edit for your own letters. Medical Transcriptionist Week (MT Week) began this past Sunday, May 20, 2012. The idea is to recognize and reward MTs over the course of a single week. The theme this year is Patient Safety. MTs all across the country, and in fact, around the world are transcribing your ...

AssistMed Paychecks? Anyone Gotten Theirs This Week Since They Did Not Do Direct Deposit? Nm
Sep 13, 2013

nm ...

This Is My Last Week At M Modal. Will Final Pay Be Direct Deposited As Usual?
Dec 31, 2012

I hope my final pay is direct deposited, b/c I have bills taken out and cannot wait for the paper check to come in the mail. Does anyone know if final pay is also direct deposited? Thanks in advance. ...

Call To Action-ASR
May 28, 2010

We have talked about unions, organizing, etc.  Probably not very realistic.  But surely there is some way to have our voices heard in numbers regarding the fact ASR is not the product they tell us it is.  All these numbers being based around the fact we can be so much more productive on ASR are lies.  If it were true, we would all shut up and produce.  Our voices are not being heard.  MQ should stand behind their claims.  I tried again to get positive changes m ...

Legal Action
Jun 10, 2010

I really can't believe this....well I can. I quit Medquist three weeks ago. I promptly received my labels to return my equipment which included a letter saying I needed to return the equipment within 14 days.....5 DAYS LATER...I get a letter via UPS, which I had to sign for, saying I MUST return the equipment within 7 days or legal action will be put upon me!!! Really??? First of all, I've been trying unsuccessfully to find a box and packing to protect the computer in transit, but furt ...

IS THERE ANY LEGAL ACTION WE CAN TAKE
Apr 03, 2013

For constantly getting no jobs on your shift anymore?  This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!  It has been since December and is just getting constantly worse!  My shift is supposed to be 5 hours and I very rarely get more than 2.5 hours of work, tonight just 2 hours!  My supervisor says she has too many MTs in our group, SO WHY AREN'T WE MOVING PEOPLE AROUND!?  There must be something legally that can be done about this!  It is totally unfair!  I have worked for ...

Corrective Action
Apr 13, 2013

Sorry if this is a duplicate post - I tried to post and then it disapeared.  Anyhow, does anyone know how many corrective actions you can get before you get canned?  I've gotten 2 recently for production. :/ ...

NJA - Legal Action
Aug 05, 2013

Has anyone spoken to a lawyer about NJA and not being paid for that time, or being forced to use our PTO, even though it's not our request to have a day off? Just wondering, because I'm thinking of speaking to a lawyer, can't imagine this is legal. ...

Anyone Else NOT See Direct Deposit In Their
Dec 24, 2009

NM ...

Could Someone Kindly Direct Me To The
Jun 04, 2010

Central:  I seem to be having trouble locating it and would like to reference something.  I would greatly appreciate your help Thanking you in advance.   ...

Any Ex JLG Get Their Direct Deposit Yet?
Sep 23, 2011

Maybe I just checked too early? Thanks! ...

Where Is My Direct Deposit? Anyone Else?
Oct 31, 2013

I am wondering if the bank is playing with the money or there is a problem in payroll distribution land. B of A has finally stated (admitted) the method they are using to manipulate credits and debits to generate the most fees My direct deposit has always shown up at midnight. My bank text message notification always comes just after midnight. ...

Direct Deposit
Feb 06, 2015

Can those of you who have direct deposit for your pay check tell me when it is normally deposited to your account? Thanks! ...

Where Is The Class Action Lawyer?
Mar 03, 2010

There ought to be class action lawyers lined around the block to represent us!!! ...

Fair Pay, Collective Action
Aug 14, 2011

MedQuist has steadily decreased its pay for speech recognition to a level that forces experienced medical transcriptionists into poverty.  Currently, speech recognition at 300 lines per hour pays less than that earned by a nursing assistant with only 2 weeks of training. We are calling for a universal action beginning 1 September 2011, with a demand that MedQuist increase the speech recognition rate to at least 85% of what we earn with straight transcription.  EFFECTIVE September 1, 2 ...

Class Action Lawsuit?
Apr 08, 2013

Wondering how/if all of us who work for MModal can start a class action lawsuit against them?  What for you ask?  Oh gee......lying to us, taking our work away from us, saying they'll pay a certain amount but really do not, bad TSMs.....etc, etc.  What all those are called in legal terms, I have no idea.  I am 60 years old and not close to retirement age yet.....Michigan does not allow part time UE, so what the heck am I going to do for a living for the next 2 years?&nbs ...

How Do You Get A Class Action Suit
May 20, 2013

Sorry - awhile back thought I was going to lose my job.  I am so fed up with they keep lying to us about our pay, etc, - well I am cornerstone - saw someome on here the other day -usually do not see Cornerstone- anyway - I just emailed Shaw or whatever his name is - Amay's second hand guy - kind of scared but at the same time feel empowered ...

Exactly What Is The Performance Action Plan ?
Sep 25, 2014

I know this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the thread. I'm wondering exactly what the peformance action plan is. Are any of you on this and what is the reason behind why you were put on it. TIA.  ...

Direct Microlaryngoscopy - Urology
Aug 30, 2012

I am doing a direct microlaryngoscopy report.  Could this be right?  It sounds exactly like urology. A urology 30 degree endoscope was used to complete the examination.  This was placed in the tumor identified.     Thanks! ...

How About Training Direct From AAPC
Sep 18, 2012

Ok, how about this program. It is directly from AAPC. Anyone on here received their CPC or CPC-H from this course? http://www.aapc.com/training/cpc-complete-training-package.aspx  So, let me have it... the good the bad and the ugly. ...

Direct Deposit Late
Dec 28, 2012

Is anyoe else's direct deposit late?  Mine always shows up shortly after midnight, but it is not there.  ...

Is Direct Deposit Required?
Jan 21, 2015

Is direct deposit required, or are paper checks an option to get paid? ...

Is Anyone From The Dragon Direct Project
May 22, 2015

If so, how is your line count and quality?  ...

Nuance Disciplinary Action Plan
Jul 21, 2013

Does anyone know what, if any, disciplinary action Nuance has taken due to variances between system hours and hands-on-keyboard hours? Also, less than committed hours due to OOW situations (and not making it up during nonwork hours)? I want to know if these are things I even need to get worked up over. ...

Transcend Class Action Lawsuit
Jan 29, 2014

Does anyone have any idea how the above lawsuit is progressing.  I received an e-mail a few months ago, informing us Transcend had not compiled all the necessary discovery and they had a second hearing late last year.  Maybe one of the original 13 or so plaintiffs has some information ? Thanking you in advance.   ...

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...

Class Action Lawsuit MModal
May 10, 2014

Anyone know about any class action lawsuit by employees in terms of MModal? ...

Five Months In & I Got My First 'corrective Action' Today
Jul 24, 2014

According to MModal: "MT failed to meet the lines per hour production requirement for PPE 7/19/14. MT’s LPH during that pay period was 106.  Issuing verbal corrective action." My reply: "There seems to be a discrepancy with the LPH, because according to Fluency, I'm usually above the 150/hour.  But short of limiting restroom breaks until after work, having a DSL line that is working superiorly and enduring 8 hours of continuous lower back pain without stretching my leg (I ...