A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Legal action - So tired....still

Posted: Jun 10, 2010

I really can't believe this....well I can. I quit Medquist three weeks ago. I promptly received my labels to return my equipment which included a letter saying I needed to return the equipment within 14 days.....5 DAYS LATER...I get a letter via UPS, which I had to sign for, saying I MUST return the equipment within 7 days or legal action will be put upon me!!! Really??? First of all, I've been trying unsuccessfully to find a box and packing to protect the computer in transit, but further more how did 14 days then turn to 12? On top of it all, I can either have UPS pick it up at my home or bring it to UPS....of course you can't get a definite time for UPS to pick up and I really can't carry the equipment because of a bad back!!! I don't get why we get to keep all of the other equipment, but they want their cheap computers back...Shouldn't I get some kind of "parting gift" for my 13 years of service and putting up with their unrealistic demands?

Legal action - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
When I quit, I returned all of their equipment and made them sign for it. Lo and behold, here came a letter telling me to return their equipment or I would be sued. I wrote them a tart letter telling the day I had returned it and cc's my attorney in on it. I told MQ that if I EVER heard another word about this, they would be sued for harrassment and fraud. That shut them up. They are like the neighborhood bully. I can hardly wait until their karma catches them. Some day it will be PBT and payback is a b****

Similar Messages:

IS THERE ANY LEGAL ACTION WE CAN TAKE
Apr 03, 2013

For constantly getting no jobs on your shift anymore?  This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!  It has been since December and is just getting constantly worse!  My shift is supposed to be 5 hours and I very rarely get more than 2.5 hours of work, tonight just 2 hours!  My supervisor says she has too many MTs in our group, SO WHY AREN'T WE MOVING PEOPLE AROUND!?  There must be something legally that can be done about this!  It is totally unfair!  I have worked for ...

NJA - Legal Action
Aug 05, 2013

Has anyone spoken to a lawyer about NJA and not being paid for that time, or being forced to use our PTO, even though it's not our request to have a day off? Just wondering, because I'm thinking of speaking to a lawyer, can't imagine this is legal. ...

How About A Show Of "likes," Here. How Many Of You Would Participate In Legal Action For
Sep 17, 2014

Are there others with whom you have maintained contact that might, even if you are not interested or do not necessarily feel aggrieved? Purely hypothetically speaking... What if?   ...

Call To Action-ASR
May 28, 2010

We have talked about unions, organizing, etc.  Probably not very realistic.  But surely there is some way to have our voices heard in numbers regarding the fact ASR is not the product they tell us it is.  All these numbers being based around the fact we can be so much more productive on ASR are lies.  If it were true, we would all shut up and produce.  Our voices are not being heard.  MQ should stand behind their claims.  I tried again to get positive changes m ...

Corrective Action
Apr 13, 2013

Sorry if this is a duplicate post - I tried to post and then it disapeared.  Anyhow, does anyone know how many corrective actions you can get before you get canned?  I've gotten 2 recently for production. :/ ...

Where Is The Class Action Lawyer?
Mar 03, 2010

There ought to be class action lawyers lined around the block to represent us!!! ...

Fair Pay, Collective Action
Aug 14, 2011

MedQuist has steadily decreased its pay for speech recognition to a level that forces experienced medical transcriptionists into poverty.  Currently, speech recognition at 300 lines per hour pays less than that earned by a nursing assistant with only 2 weeks of training. We are calling for a universal action beginning 1 September 2011, with a demand that MedQuist increase the speech recognition rate to at least 85% of what we earn with straight transcription.  EFFECTIVE September 1, 2 ...

MT Week Direct Action
May 10, 2012

more. May Day! May Day! The MT ship is listing and worse! Join us in a Letters to the Editor Campaign Online and in Print Starting MT Week! Here is what we are doing and asking you as a working MT to do. Whenever you are OOW, NJA, etc., draft a letter, compile a list of local newspapers and blogs in your area or nationally and start mailing them, posting them or emailing them to the editor. Let us be productive during our OOW times and do something about our collective situations. You can req ...

Class Action Lawsuit?
Apr 08, 2013

Wondering how/if all of us who work for MModal can start a class action lawsuit against them?  What for you ask?  Oh gee......lying to us, taking our work away from us, saying they'll pay a certain amount but really do not, bad TSMs.....etc, etc.  What all those are called in legal terms, I have no idea.  I am 60 years old and not close to retirement age yet.....Michigan does not allow part time UE, so what the heck am I going to do for a living for the next 2 years?&nbs ...

How Do You Get A Class Action Suit
May 20, 2013

Sorry - awhile back thought I was going to lose my job.  I am so fed up with they keep lying to us about our pay, etc, - well I am cornerstone - saw someome on here the other day -usually do not see Cornerstone- anyway - I just emailed Shaw or whatever his name is - Amay's second hand guy - kind of scared but at the same time feel empowered ...

Exactly What Is The Performance Action Plan ?
Sep 25, 2014

I know this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the thread. I'm wondering exactly what the peformance action plan is. Are any of you on this and what is the reason behind why you were put on it. TIA.  ...

Nuance Disciplinary Action Plan
Jul 21, 2013

Does anyone know what, if any, disciplinary action Nuance has taken due to variances between system hours and hands-on-keyboard hours? Also, less than committed hours due to OOW situations (and not making it up during nonwork hours)? I want to know if these are things I even need to get worked up over. ...

Transcend Class Action Lawsuit
Jan 29, 2014

Does anyone have any idea how the above lawsuit is progressing.  I received an e-mail a few months ago, informing us Transcend had not compiled all the necessary discovery and they had a second hearing late last year.  Maybe one of the original 13 or so plaintiffs has some information ? Thanking you in advance.   ...

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...

Class Action Lawsuit MModal
May 10, 2014

Anyone know about any class action lawsuit by employees in terms of MModal? ...

Five Months In & I Got My First 'corrective Action' Today
Jul 24, 2014

According to MModal: "MT failed to meet the lines per hour production requirement for PPE 7/19/14. MT’s LPH during that pay period was 106.  Issuing verbal corrective action." My reply: "There seems to be a discrepancy with the LPH, because according to Fluency, I'm usually above the 150/hour.  But short of limiting restroom breaks until after work, having a DSL line that is working superiorly and enduring 8 hours of continuous lower back pain without stretching my leg (I ...

Transcend And Class Action Lawsuit
Aug 01, 2014

Does anyone have any information regarding the above-mentioned lawsuit, plaintiffs v. Transcend? ...

* Class Action Suit Against IMEDX
Apr 01, 2015

..has been discussed. I highly, highly suggest IMEDX does the right thing, or some money grubbin attorney will be glad to take on not on IMEDX's obvious and blatant playing with lives, but also the whole industry. Imedx is ripe for lawsuits, and they have deep pockets. Suits, wake up, we have nothing to lose now but a consult with an attorney. You clearly have and are going to continue to violate laws, now do the right thing. Also, you don't want to the Labor Board, etc involved from 5 ...

Can We File A Class Action Disability Claim
Mar 03, 2010

I am feeling a little shell-shocked.   ...

Got The Boot. Do I Have To Sign The Corrective Action Form? Sm
Jun 15, 2010

After being with MQ for 11 years and with YOG (bought out by MQ) for years prior to that, I got the boot for something I know I did not do.  I got the call yesterday, 6/14, for a violation that I'm accused of making a couple of weeks ago.  So why the delay?  Why did it take 2 weeks for them to contact me?  The thing that gets me is its their word against mine.  How are we supposed to defend ourselves?  Once a report has been transcribed and submitted, its out o ...

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Transcend
May 12, 2012

Anyone who works for Transcend now or in the last three years needs to check this out. This is the real deal.  For all of us who haven't made minimum wage or were refused overtime pay, you may be able to get in on this. ...

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign For
May 18, 2012

MT Week (that begins Sunday) and what working MTs actually bring to "patient safety." Let us take meaningful action today and this weekend to regain MT Week as a week that TRULY recognizes the working MT. Ship Letters to the Editor off electronically and by snail mail to your local papers for publication in their print and online editions. AHDIs theme this year is "patient safety" in case you didn't know. What a joke and so self-serving! How about a theme of "The MTSO How-To Guide To Ensu ...

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign
May 20, 2012

It looks like I will be the 1st to post a letter to the editor that is going out. I will be hitting everywhere from the East Coast to the West coast and everywhere in between! Read on and feel free to edit for your own letters. Medical Transcriptionist Week (MT Week) began this past Sunday, May 20, 2012. The idea is to recognize and reward MTs over the course of a single week. The theme this year is Patient Safety. MTs all across the country, and in fact, around the world are transcribing your ...

Expectations, Reality Check ..and Plan Of Action
Dec 23, 2012

I just cant believe MMOdal have set their bar so low... What has MModal done to make our accuracy grow DEP programers, heres a piece of advice...get an option of grading the dictator in ur next version of DEP within the file....like, excellent, decent, good, bad, worst...whoever ever get 2 weeks of worst % should be warned if still no improvement, penailze with heafty fine and still no improvement, should be dumped from dictating forever.. 1.  MMODAL face it..ur DEP program is grabage..e ...

How Many Pay Periods Not Meeting Line Count Before Action Is Taken? Sm
Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry ...

Aetna Insurance Class Action Lawsuit ???
Dec 20, 2013

Yesterday I received papers regarding a lawsuit against Aetna.  Has anyone else received such papers?  Thanks ...

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign Mt Week
May 22, 2012

By the way you have me mixed up with someone else who wrote a LTTE. The post you critiqued was the first draft of this particular letter. Thanks again for your constructive criticism. I loved it!  Version 2 and I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more than you enjoyed Version 1 Medical Transcriptionist Week began May 20th to recognize MTs over a week. The theme this year: Patient Safety. MTs across the country are transcribing medical records and are dedicated to being a 1st-line d ...

Has Anyone Heard The Status On The Class Action Lawsuit Against Transcend?
Jan 04, 2013

I haven't been to the boards for quite a while, but I was just googling to find out a current phone number for Transcend to put on a resume, and I saw about the lawsuit. What's going on with this?  Does anyone know? ...

Class Action Lawsuit/Toth Transcription/AP Medical/AP MedWorkshops
Feb 18, 2011

Anybody who in interested in filing a class action lawsuit against Toth Transcription/AP Medical/AP MedWorkshops please contact. I have spoken with several different agencies as I am sure most of you have and this seems to be the best route to take.  Frankly, I do not care if I personally ever see a dime out of this man, I just want to see him have to pay for his fraudulent business practices. ...

CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED AGAINST TRANSCEND!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!
May 11, 2012

Well, it's done folks!  A couple of VERY brave ladies have filed a class action suit for make up to minimum and OT issues against Transcend.  If anyone is interested in getting their own going against some other MTSO's, well, it's time to be heard.  We're not going to take it anymore!  If you would like info on the attorneys who filed this suit, please feel free to email me.  A very proud day indeed! ...