A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Guess I'll have to stick with corporate - Tracie

Posted: Aug 18, 2011

I give up.  I've submitted so many resumes and applications that my head is spinning.  I can't help it that my experience is more than two years ago.  The doctor died and the practice split up!  I live in a small town where outsourcing is unheard of and the MTs work at a place until they die.  I passed my typing test and editing test with All-Type, had my interview, discussed contract terms, and the woman said she would send the contract out.  But she never did - even after a followup and telling me it was on its way!

I submitted a resume with another company, was invited to apply and test, took the first set of tests, passed those, and was given a final test of ESL dictation that was so garbled the woman sounded like she was talking through a mouthful of S*@%!  NOBODY could have understood what this woman was saying no matter how good they are because it wasn't speech!  It wasn't even babble!  It was CRAP!  

I really thought I was doing alright  because I've had ESL dictators before.  My terminology is current.  I've purposely worked my butt off to keep my skills up, and I have references out the whazoo to fall back on.  I'm a hard worker, a fast learner, and all I've wanted for the past three years is to get back into the business.  I've even offered to work for less money just to get back in a door - any door - and nothing!

Apparently that hateful woman who accused me of tooting my own horn (which I was NOT trying to do) was right.  I must truly stink at this.

I know what you mean - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
I was talking to a lady at a company for a while, and she was so excited about getting me started. Then she got really busy and I didn't hear from her for a week. The next time I called (after repeated emails), she was like, well, you don't seem excited about the position. !!!! I was like, what?!!! I had done sample files, I had been trying to keep in contact as much as she allowed. Then it ended up that she didn't have anything for me. ?????!!!!

I highly doubt you stink. I just think a lot of these recruiters have that attitude of well, I am the one hiring, you have to show me respect, and I don't have to show you squat. And well, with the competition as fierce as it is right now for jobs, they can get away with it. My hubby was so sick of hearing me talk about how this woman was he was like, geez, and you still want to work for her? Yes I am desperate now. I lose my current job in a month, going bye bye because of VR and the client wanting a large MTSO to handle all of its editing (the lady I work for has a very small company). I have even considered going back to one of the "evil" large companies because, well, although I am not the sole provider in our household, I need income, period, to help make ends meet. I feel for EVERYONE on here. I keep kicking myself in the butt for not taking the extra coding courses when I was in school 11 years ago. I have looked into it now but I don't know if I can afford it. I could then (we didn't have kids that depended on us back then).

I totally feel for you. I hope things will look up for you soon!!!

Coding - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you looked into the coding program offered by AHIMA? It is a 12-month online program that is only $2000. I have only looked at it very briefly, but it seemed like a pretty affordable option. Not sure if it is what you needed to eventually become certified or not. Good luck to all of us MTs!

Similar Messages:

New Survey- They Can Stick It
Jul 13, 2010

Every time MQ sends out a survey they use it to justify a pay cut or cesspool or other "great" ideas.  They twist the results of the survey to fit their agenda and then say- see the MTs agree that ASR is better or they are sick of running out of work.  JMHO but I am not filling it out so they can use my answers to make my job worse than it already is. ...

Should I Stick With This Company?
Jan 04, 2011

Sorry this is kind of long, but I am looking for advice on whether I should look for a new job or hang on to the one I have.  I am a newbie and have only been working for about 6 months.  I was hired as a "statutory employee" at 0.0625/line with spaces.  Since they pay some of my taxes, I'm not sure what my actual line rate would be.   I work  M-F.  No nights or weekends required.  I have no minimum line requirement, rarely run out of work.  I c ...

ICs, Do You Stick To Your Schedules?
Jul 21, 2011

I'm just curious how well other ICs stick to their schedules, do you ask for time off or just let management know you won't be there, do you work extra when management asks??? Sometimes I feel like I behave as if I am an employee, but without any of the benefits. I'd like to know what the norm is out there. Thanks! ...

Amber Stick?
Mar 02, 2013

Used in orthopedics, amber stick?? ...

QA/FIESA....MTs Need Someone To Stick Up For Us
Dec 22, 2014

When on conference call about new compensation program, specifically asked if QA was going to get pickier and was told oh definitely no, they will not.  Well, I have found that not to be true.  One correction was a period..another a period, another a left out word (where the doctor changed their mind constantly they didnt even know what they wanted to say, so I felt it was a judgment call) it wasnt even a medical word or a word that changed the meaning, even if it is .25 points off tha ...

S/l Nah-stick Encephalopathy
Apr 13, 2015

TIA ...

Do You Intend To Stick Around For ICD10 ?
May 17, 2010

For those of you who are currently coders, do you intend to stick around for ICD10?  Are any of you planning on getting out of the field?  Do you know what your employer has in mind as far as training staff for the ICD10?  Just curious.  I just talked to an HIM director who said she is worried as more than half of her staff has indicated they intend to leave!  Should make for a lot of jobs for new coders.   ...

Criminy! I Wish They'd Pick One And Stick With It!
Jan 19, 2011

Since I can't get the same answer out of my QA, my CCM and others, I guess I'll poll the audience.  We DO NOT put the zeros on medications, like 4.0 mg should be typed 4 mg, right?  Do we put the zeros on...welll...pretty much anything else, like creatinine 2.0, temperature 98.0?  And no, I'm not new.  I've been told many different things over the past 10 years that now I'm just messed up, confused and too tired to think straight.  ...

Stapedotomy Disk On A Stick?
Feb 10, 2012

Ever heard of a disk on a stick for a stapedotomy? ...

Stick A Finger In My Eye And Both Ears
Jul 10, 2012

I'm on my 29th report for the day and I have not had one decent dictator yet.  It's been solid insanity.  The whole day has been filled with: 1.  ESLs.  They are saying the right words, but they're not pronouncing them anywhere close to correct. 2.  What the heck?  Everyone is yawning and talking.  Please stop talking, go ahead and yawn (if you can't find the pause feature!) and then continue with your hard to unde ...

Chloraseptic Prep Stick?
Feb 20, 2014

Has anyone heard of chloraseptic prep stick for knee surgery. ...

Escription Corrections Don't Seem To Stick
Nov 17, 2014

I work on v 9, 10 and 11 and I have noticed that when I make corrections on some VR reports the corrections do not seem to stick by the time they get to QC.  I have seen mistakes that I distinctly remember correcting while I am editing and then they show up as not corrected on the QC reviews.  Thankfully it hasn't happened on post-audit but it is pretty upsetting.  I had my TSM check a couple of them and sure enough, the mistakes were there when sent by me, so either I have become a hor ...

Can't Verify Nitro Stick For Bleeding.
Feb 08, 2010

NM ...

What IC Company Allows You To Not Stick To A Rigid Schedule?
Jul 21, 2014

I am looking for a PT IC position that I truly can work when I have the opportunity and not set a rigid schedule.  I can somewhat adhere to hours, but sometimes cannot.  Are there any companies out there that allow this?  Thanks! ...

Ortho. Negative *schwa-stick* Sign?
Jan 20, 2010

nm ...

M*Modal Collaborative Intelligence=Stick Figures
Feb 16, 2012

That sounds about as intelligent as they get... ...

I'm Curious To Know How Long People Plan To Stick With OTI
Jan 29, 2013

How much longer will you be able to last if this "slow down" continues?  And will you stay with them if they sell out to another company? ...

S/L VSE Protocol For Accidental Needle Stick Of A Nurse?
Jan 24, 2014

Not sure if they are saying VSE, PSE or BSE?  It's a protocol if a nurse or healthcare worker accidentially sticks themselves with a needle and I tried googling, but I can't find anything definitive.    TIA ...

Did Ya'll See The E-mail From Corporate?
Feb 16, 2010

We need transcriptionists??  We have not overstaffed??  We continue to hire??   Maybe that is why I have NO FLIPPIN WORK??   Whatever!  We need you my tushie. ...

We Have Been Getting Emails From Corporate
Apr 02, 2010

about how wonderful we are.  We are on the list of Best of the Best.  Keep up the good work.  Our QA submission is down thanks to all of you.  BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.  YET!  THIS EMAIL ABOUT NO MERIT INCREASE AND 401K JUST HAPPENED TO NOT BE SENT BY EMAIL, BUT IN MQCENTRAL.    HOW CONVENIENT FOR THEM!  GEE, I WONDER WHY NO PERSONAL EMAIL? ...

NEW EMAIL FROM CORPORATE!
Jun 02, 2010

I just emailed my CCM to see if she is still with us! ...

Corporate E-mail About New CCM
Jun 03, 2010

Just received e-mail from corporate stating that as they had previously stated they would be rearranging management, ccm's, etc.  It went on to state that if you had been reassigned to a new CCM they would be contacting you in the future, but Thank GOD at the bottom it lists who your CCM will be and I am lucky enough to have the same CCM who I love and has always been good to me.   Today is my lucky day.  So glad she is not one of the ones to go. ...

Read This MQ Corporate
May 24, 2011

To all those who won a prize last week for MT week, congratulations.  Now for corporate, if you can afford to hand out trips, flat screen TVs, and other prizes, why can't you give us a COL increase?  I have never won a prize from MQ, even after 12+ years of dedicated work, working on short notice, getting high scores on audits, etc.  I don't want the prize, I want to be paid for what I'm worth on a daily basis!  Corporate, your actions speak louder than words! ...

Corporate Values
Oct 14, 2011

Medquist recruitment ad: Join a Corporate Team with Corporate Values! MedQuist's values of Customer Focus, Commitment, Teamwork and Integrity provide the framework for everything we do as an organization. I would rather go to an OWS rally. ...

Corporate Greed
Sep 06, 2012

A prime example of that is when I work every holiday for time and 1/2, but low and behold, there is mysteriously no work in the system.  Because they press a button and send it all overseas for some poor sap to do for 5 cents a day, instead of paying me time and 1/2.  There is no appreciation for the MT and our expertise anymore.  Used to at least get an Xmas card, not even that anymore.... :(   Save Yourself! ...

Corporate Bonuses
Jan 16, 2013

retention bonuses in the following amounts for the following named executive officers of the Company: $1,000,000 for Roger L. Davenport, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer; $851,250 for Ronald L. Scarboro, Chief Financial Officer; and $243,750 for Michael Finke, President. 50% of each individual’s award will be paid out on the date of the closing (the “Closing Date”) of the merger Read more: http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/120718/MModal-Inc_8-K/#ixzz2I973Zq9Q This was determ ...

StenTel Corporate
Apr 15, 2014

Has anyone ever worked for this company or no anything about them?  I have an interview. ...

Corporate E-mail
Feb 24, 2015

Blah, blah, blah. Without us in the trenches, where would they be? How about some recognition or even better yet, give us back some of the benefits you took away.  Yeah, like that will ever happen. ...

Double Nitrogen Freeze Slip, Slick, Or Stick For Actinic Keratoses?
Jul 01, 2011

xx ...

Anyone Sending Questions To Corporate?
Mar 02, 2010

I want to send questions to TM although the email stated to send them to ccm.  I have tons of questions.  this is not fair at all.  we cannot help poor audio, hemming and hawing by the dictator, dictators who cannot dictate......who the heck is running this show, lucy and ethel??? bunch of creeps. ...