A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Check your email - Mandatory OT for next 2 weeks

Posted: Mar 16, 2015

I just don't have any words to say. We have been on OT since the POD thing started and demanding more OT is just beating a dead horse. Maybe the brain trust needs to look at why we are on OT all the time instead of panicking every week.

Not even - going to do it.

[ In Reply To ..]
not even.

I dont mind it starting tomorrow but it is unreasonable - to have it effective today

[ In Reply To ..]
No advance warning. I can't even.

Just checked - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My e-mail and nothing about OT.

You are probably in a different POD - x

[ In Reply To ..]
x

same here - nothing

[ In Reply To ..]
only the regular emails about OT needed, nothing about mandatory...yet. its only a matter of time. i've actually had a decent back and forth between my bosses about how horrible this place is and how i can barely function at doing even 8 hours...this was a couple of days ago. they have to know what this is doing to us. but THEIR bosses don't care and they are just like us, forced to implement rules that make no sense. i feel sorry for everybody working for this company.

If they hadn't let that scheduler person screw - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
up everybody's schedules & lives, so many people would not have quit at once & those of us who are left might not be too angry to work OT anymore. Great job on the scheduling.... Put our schedules back in place, hire your new people on the other shifts, and things might actually get caught up & people might not mind working OT again.

Exactly! - TrampledUnderfoot

[ In Reply To ..]
It didn't bother them when people said they couldn't work the new schedule that was assigned to them. So now it's not going to bother me that they're behind and screaming for OT.

Yep. As rude and unsympathetic as she was - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
about our lives, families, and prior obligations, I don't feel very sympathetic that she seems to have only managed to screw things up worse.
It wasn't the TSM or schedule person - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that forced the changes, you know it came from higher. Again, I am not a big proponent of bailing out the very people that screwed me..I will be signing off exactly at the 8 hour mark for the next 2 weeks even if I have to sit idle and do nothing till it is time. I will not work 1 SECOND of OT.

So, what do they do if you are completely unable to - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
work their "mandatory" overtime?

Nothing - just a scare tactic

[ In Reply To ..]
So burnt out I don't even feel like putting in my regular hours today...

Don't worry - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There are plenty of people that will do the OT..we are in the minority. I'm making my own personal stand, it won't mean a hill of beans to anyone but me.

They do nothing. - Not me

[ In Reply To ..]
There was no penalty spelled out and there have been other occasions when they hit us with mandatory overtime. I wasn't able to do it, just worked my regular schedule and nothing was ever said.

Not gonna do it, don't care - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
What they gonna do fire me? Cause that will help with the problem won't it?

I failed my audit - so

[ In Reply To ..]
I think this would be a FABULOUS time for us all to slow down and worry about our accuracy scoring..Just saying..

thats what I do when they implement OT, type slower - cha ching

[ In Reply To ..]
collecting that hourly pay
What hourly pay? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it was time and a half. Still not doing it, just saying slow down whole shift for accuracy purposes..
you get half of your hourly pay to equate time and half - for OT hours.
[ In Reply To ..]
hope that makes sense!
I was told we get "lines-and-a-half" - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
like instead of 8 cpl, you'd get 12 cpl just for the period of OT. Not hourly though.
Nope. Check the Intranet HDS Overtime Pay Policy - x
[ In Reply To ..]
x
But if you type slower, then your time and a half pay - goes down.
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are going to work OT why would you want to slow down and make less money for the OT you are working? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Your OT pay is based on how much work you did that pay period in how many hours, so to work slower is only hurting yourself.

Poor management and planning - on their part

[ In Reply To ..]

does not constitute an emergency on mine.

I was just going to ask on here... - FRP

[ In Reply To ..]
If they do anything if you don't work the "mandatory overtime." I usually do but today I don't think I am. My first shift starts at 3:30 a.m. and my last ends at 7 p.m. I have a family I need to make dinner for etc. That is very unreasonable of them to ask!!!! I am just telling them I couldn't, if they even ask...

My email kust says must be 100% compliant, but no consequences are given. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
UGH

What they gonna do, take my birthday? - They can have it!!! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Oh My Check Out The New Email
Jun 07, 2012

I thought maybe they were referring to client satisfaction or employee satisfaction.  They are referring to revenue size!  So we are supposed to be impressed that Medquist or Mmodal or whoever we are today moved up 4 spots (by gobbling up smaller companies)  while we haven't had a raise in years?  With all that revenue they can't improve sound quality or pay the employees better?  And do we really care the Nuance moved down a spot?  No.  Sometimes I j ...

Did You All Check Your Email From Corporate?
May 05, 2010

So I betcha have to be an RMT or CMT to win!  There will be 10 MT/MEE's.  I am happy that MQ included Spheris employees and their group.  That made me very happy, although I have been an MT with MQ for 20 years, I am just glad that Spheris will have their group included.  It is just well. . . ethical for MQ to do the right thing by including them.  I wonder if India is doing the same thing. ...

OTIer's Check Your Email........
Jul 02, 2012

And the pay is still not late according to contract.  Satisfied?!!! ...

Can't Check Email Either - Server Is Down - Anyone Else?
Dec 15, 2014

x ...

People In KMs Pod - Check Your Email NM
Mar 17, 2015

Check Your Email New Policy Regarding Responsiveness
Mar 15, 2013

I need time to read over again because I find so many flaws with their logic I cannot believe HR put out a new policy with such a double standard.  We are to be responsive or we can get fired but the supervisors can ignore phone calls and emails for weeks on end and that is okay?  Not to mention our "new and improved" email system is anything but reliable.  ...

When OOW, How Often Do You Check Back And Send TSM An Email When Still OOW? NM
Nov 09, 2014

xxx ...

Check Out Q Email. New Thing On The Main Page Sm
May 28, 2012

and of course can't get into mail.  Not sure what is going on now! ...

Just Checked Email. Required To Check For Work Every
Nov 21, 2012

Only punch in when there are jobs available and then punch out.  Check every 30 minutes, rinse and repeat.  Enough is enough.  Has MModal reached a new low (if that's even possible)? ...

Time Spent Waiting, Check Email, Etc
May 15, 2015

http://callaborlawblog.com/common-california-labor-code-violations/minimum-wage/employer-average-piece-rate-employees-compensation-order-satisfy-requirements-minimum-wage-laws/ ...

Check Email. Incentive Starting Friday - Monday.
Apr 23, 2010

Why is there an incentive when there has not been that much work? ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Trying To Email 360 Transcription With Their Email
Mar 23, 2015

and it says there is no such address.  Anyone else having trouble like that? ...

Last Check
Aug 17, 2011

I turned in my 2-week notice and working the last week of the notice.  When can I expect to get my last check as I am waiting on labels from the company to send back computer and cannot get CCM to answer as to if check will be held until computer is returned?  Is there anybody with this experience that can tell me how long to expect to wait for the check and to wait for the labels as I have nowhere else to turn for the answers?  Really need my check, but cannot get anyone to send ...

Hey Check This Out...
Sep 13, 2011

Moderator:  I hope you will leave this on. Look on the Company Board. Scroll down to: Journalist's deadline question on Webmedx and Nuance - sewhidbey A journalist is doing an article on the local hospital's decision to outsource their transcription to Webmedx. The journalist wants info from MT's. Good chance to talk about Q, too! Here's a link to the article: http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/business/129555093.html ...

PT Check $100 Less Than FT
Oct 11, 2011

I'm no genuis, but I think I have to make some changes here.  My PT check for 20 hours was around 100 less than my FT 40 hour check.  I like my FT job, good accounts, great supervisors, but the lines just don't accumulate there like anywhere else I have ever worked.   Then I worry, what if the other company runs out of work or loses an account and I get laid off.  There is no security in this business anymore.  I guess, just don't burn your bridges b ...

Last Check..does Anyone Know?
Feb 13, 2013

Does anyone know how long it takes for Nuance to get your last check out to you? ...

Check This
Nov 08, 2013

Read ...

Can Someone Tell Me How We Check Our
Dec 13, 2013

line counts?   Is it in Fluency or in UltiPro, or something else?  Thanks for any help ...

No Check
Dec 27, 2014

Anybody else not have their checks deposited yesterday? I was going to pay bills this morning and my check is not there! ...

New Email Regarding The "migartion" Of Email.
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

Check Out These Rates (4th One Down)
Jan 10, 2010

They're based in California: http:///www.chromolumeinc.comp/transcription/rates.html ...

BNP Or BMP? For Zestoretic Check.. Sm
Mar 15, 2010

She has dehydration, suspect medication induced.  Thanks! ...

Final Check
Jun 30, 2010

Do anybody know how your final check is sent by Keystrokes?  I had direct deposit and wondered if it would go that way or be mailed out. ...