A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Check out these rates (4th one down) - Snow Bunny

Posted: Jan 10, 2010

They're based in California:

http:///www.chromolumeinc.comp/transcription/rates.html

Address not valid - nm - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Just a couple extra characters. Fixed in message - Not the original poster

[ In Reply To ..]

Just a couple of typos.  Had 2 extra characters in the original. 

http://www.chromolumeinc.com/transcription/rates.html

I do not know if the link below will work, but the above is correct. 

Wonder how much the MT gets paid - And how many accounts they have at those prices

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we are in the wrong business, folks. :)

Rates - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
That is very confusing to me. 20 cents for 24-hour turn around?

Rates - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
As the heading above that states, they are charging .20 cents per 65-character line with spaces for 24-hour turnaround time and .25 cents per 65-character line with spaces for the quicker turnaround time. On the FAQ page of their site, one of the FAQs that they answer is why their rates are so much cheaper than other services. It is what I have posted here in the past; the rates that the companies charge their clients are much, much higher than we who work for them are being paid. I have posted that I have seen between .22 and .25 cents per line being charged to larger organizations (hospitals) and about .18 cents per line for clinic work. It depends on the region as to what the going rates are, but these are in the ballpark for sure (on a 65-character with spaces line). For accounts being charged on a gross line (anything on a line counts as a full line, no character counting) or a straight line (blank lines counted), the rates are a couple of cents lower. I never did believe and still do not believe that the clients are being charged any less (although I do not like to generalize and would not say it never happens, as is the case with this company -- they are charging their clients lower rates than other companies are charging), even as our line rates have been dropping over the years, just fat cats buying up smaller MTSOs and using technology to increase their profits . . . and decrease ours.

rates!! - frustrated and poor MT

[ In Reply To ..]
We're just the cogs in the wheel and as long as they are making the BIG PROFITS we are not paid well or respected any longer. It is so sad!

Similar Messages:

Line Rates Changing On Each Check?
May 05, 2011

Can anyone explain to me the line rates on the new pay stubs.  Mine is not showing my actual lines, just the money.  When I go to the web site for the breakdown it shows 4 different rates that seem to vary from week to week.  They are Week 1 TR, Week 2 TR, Week 1 SR and week 2 SR.  I know we may get less pay for a QA report, but I rarely send in reports  for QA.  Do the audits count as QA'd lines for the lesser line rate..  Should I call my CCM or just pay ...

Line Rates - You Can Check Out Salaries Of The CEO, COO, And CFO
Jan 13, 2012

You can check out salaries of the CEO, COO, and CFO of publically traded companies at the securities and exchange commission website.   It will open your eyes and now that we are all working for what we did in the 80's, you will find we have more in common with the unwashed masses of the OWS movement than we thought.  ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

Pay Rates...
Oct 20, 2010

Does Medquist still have 2 pay rates--one for straight transcription and one for speech recognition? ...

VR Rates
May 18, 2011

From VR to a new technology called VRWTCY  which stands for very real way to to cheat you ...

Anyone Get New PTO Rates Due Out On 07/24? Nm
Aug 01, 2011

nm ...

MQ Pay Rates?
Oct 06, 2011

What pittance rates DOES MQ pay these days for VR and for straight typing?  (Again, as I mentioned elsewhere on the board, I ask because my department is beginning union pay negotiations as we move to using DocQSpeech for most of our work, so I expect management will be trying to use MQ's pay rates as their point of reference.) Thanks! ...

Going Rates?
Dec 14, 2011

I have been working as an MT for a little over 2 years now and was wondering what the going rates for transcription and editing reports are?  I am currenly an IC doing only transcription at a rate of $0.065 per line.  The line is definced as 65-black character line and it does not include spaces.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

VR RATES!!!
Mar 27, 2014

Who can make a living on VR rates??? I've come to the conclusion, like so many others, it's time to move on. Been an MT for 9 years. Went from making $24 an hour gross to making less than minimum wage with VR! So sad. ...

IC Rates
Jan 13, 2015

Hello all...after 17 years, I'm sick of playing by others rules and want to venture into the world of IC. Could those of you doing IC work give me an idea of what to be asking per line? Any insight into any aspect of IC would also be helpful. Thanks! ...

Rates
Mar 19, 2015

My transcription business has decreased due to EMR. Now I've been offered a job to proof the EMR. What should I expect in compensation?  By patient? By hour? Plan to continue to work from home. Thanks! ...

Going Rates
May 27, 2015

To any IC setting their own rates, what are the going rates for transcription these days?  I had my own small business 20+ years ago and charged $1.25 per full page. Any info would be appreciated! ...

MTSO Rates
Nov 23, 2009

Do you think the MTSOs cut their rates to their clients who are now using VR just as they have cut their MTs rates?  Seems that some MTSOs are scrambling for some reason to cut everyone's pay down (even their MT pay, not just ME pay).  I wonder if they are in over their heads with this new venture into VR and losing their arses and realizing it isn't quite the godsend everyone is making it out to be.  One can hope, and would serve them right! As far as MTSO rates are co ...

Looking For Some Feedback On QA Rates
Apr 20, 2010

I am an IC in northeast Ohio. Anyone know what the going rate is for QA editors in this part of the country?  Does the price vary from state to state that much?  I am in the midst of negotiating my MT contract with a client and want to document the cost of a QA Editor (which I provide myself for free, now).  Thanks for your help! ...

What Are 2010 Rates Of Pay?
Aug 25, 2010

I know rates of pay have plummeted in the past year or two.  Most of the posts I can find for average rates of pay are from 2 yrs ago or older.  Ballpark estimates for experienced transcriptionists please, both straight transcribing and VR: Hospital Acute care? Clinic notes? Radiology?  (per line and per report rates) Gracias     ...

Hourly QA Rates?
Dec 30, 2010

I am wondering if anyone would share the going hourly rate (being paid by the hour, not by the line) for QA?  How many lines an hour are required to get the rate? TIA ...

Sten-Tel Rates
Feb 25, 2011

i am thinking of applying to Sten-Tel.  Does anyone know what their current pay rate is for Tanscription/VR for experienced MTs?   Thanks, Mely ...

MT Rates - Am I Charging Enough?
May 14, 2011

I've been charging 13 cents a line for a 55 character line since 1989.  Have rates gone up?  I've been hiding out in my cave for a number of years now just doing my own thing and have not kept track of market trends.  Please let me know!  Thanks. ...

Transcription Rates
Jul 28, 2011

I have worked from home for several years for a local hospital..they pay $1.00 per minute for regular dictation (op notes, H&P, etc) and .10 per line for clinic notes.  I am wanting to ask for rate increase...how much should I ask for?  $ 1.25, 1.50, etc. ...

Per-Page Rates
Oct 05, 2011

I'm interviewing for a new job next week, and have to travel 2 hours to the office for the interview and test.   I hate to get there and then be offered chump change... she told me they pay per page.   All pages are relatively brief, 25 lines max.   Can anyone tell me what to expect them to say?  i.e.  what is the going rate when being paid by the page?   thank you very much !! ...

Line/pay Rates
Mar 10, 2012

I've been working for Medquist/M-Modal now for 11 years Full-time.  I was one of those grandfathered in that took a pay cut last year as Medquist deemed they would not pay above .10 cents a line.  Now the kicker to all this is I have a friend who I just got hired, and her initial OFFER was to START at .10 cents a line.  I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I am appalled at this ... how someone can start at the top wage.   I have already sent an email ex ...

Per Minute Rates
May 07, 2012

I need some help I think my mind is fried...Does anyone know how to compare pay per minute of dictation to a per line rate? Example - 0.0972 per line versus 1.056 per dictated minute Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you very muc and please excuse my ignorance, but I am getting frustrated trying to compare the two. ...

Line Rates As An IC?
Aug 08, 2012

Thinkng of going the IC route, any ideas on line rates as an IC? ...

EScription Rates??
Dec 27, 2012

what are current line rates for eScription platform? should we expect lower line rates in eScription software? ...

Benefit Rates
Jan 29, 2013

Has anyone received a letter about calculating your new benefit rate? I have had the same rate since probably last spring. I don't think they are calculating them every six months even though they say they do. I went on vacay in June and I am making the same benefit rate now that I was then. That was 8 months ago.  I know for a fact that my benefit rate is now higher than it was then,maybe that is why. It is cheaper for them to keep it lower. ...

Insane Pay Rates?
Feb 04, 2013

I recently had an interview for a company I applied for last year (they opened new accounts). The interview seemed fine and I was offered the position, however I turned it down. The are paying 2.5 cpl SR  with 1800 lines expected per day (actually was told some of the "lazier" MTs only typed 1400, thought this was rude of her to say) and ST 5 cpl but no minimum was mentioned as majotiry is SR. I have over 13 years in the MT field.  I know wages have dropped recently but is 5 cpl t ...

Pay Rates At Nuance
Mar 10, 2013

Can anyone tell me what nuance pays? I heard 0.0825 for staight typing, not sure about VR. Info be appeaed. Any shift differential for nights or weekenes? ...

OTI Line Rates...........UGH!!
Jul 16, 2013

Need I say more? ...

Vendor Rates
Mar 18, 2014

Does anyone know what is the average line/report rate that the hospital vendors are paying to these companies for our services?  Years ago, one of the hospitals I worked for was paying 20 cpl.  I got 10 cpl for being a lead, but new hires were getting 8.5.  Just wondering what the rates are now.  ...

How To Raise Rates
Dec 13, 2014

I have recently acquired an account.  I did not know what to charge and was unable to find out what the going rates were (no one wants to tell).  About 10 years ago, I was paid 12 cents per gross line but then went into being an employee until now.  Anyway, I ended up giving a price of 15 cents per 65-character line.  I went with character line because they have a funky format with very narrow margins and a small font.  I do not know still how it compares with what ...