A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just checked email. Required to check for work every - 30 minutes tomorrow unpaid.

Posted: Nov 21, 2012

Only punch in when there are jobs available and then punch out.  Check every 30 minutes, rinse and repeat.  Enough is enough.  Has MModal reached a new low (if that's even possible)?

someone mentioned that below. You do not have to do that - copy policy and mail back to TSM

[ In Reply To ..]
What on earth...

Here is the policy part you need - Do not babysit the computer

[ In Reply To ..]
Once the Employee submits the Remedy Service Request or emails their Customer Care Manager as required, the Employee will enter 15 minutes of Work Availability on their time card in TeamWork. Once all of this is complete, the Employee is released from work and is free to engage in nonwork activities for the remainder of their shift.

Polices and Procedures - workingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Send her the policy and procedure from Mmodal Home and send a copy of the e-mail your TSM sent you to upper management. They had to come up with the policy because it was against the law, so they cannot bully you into doing this.

You have 3 options - workingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
You chose the option you want to take.

1. Make up time (yeah right).
2. Use PTO
3. Take the rest of the day without pay (the one I always take on a Holiday).

Somebody needs to escalate this. It's most definitely ILLEGAL. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Ours tells us we have to check every 30 minutes. If you fall short - on production you can then go back and use PTO.

[ In Reply To ..]
WTH? So I'm going to sit from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. unpaid and then go back and use my PTO to cover the time I wasted monitoring the work pool unpaid. This is so wrong. I feel like I'm now paying to work here. What is wrong with this picture?

TSMs obviously do not know policies - workingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe these TSMs really do not have a clue as to the Policies and Procedures and need to be enlightened. I would not be surprised that they are not trained just like we are not and expected to "wing it." Again, just go by the policy and procedure and e-mail it to him/her. They cannot do anything about it.

They know - They just make up their own rules anyway

[ In Reply To ..]
We ran out of work one day with an hour left in my shift. I followed the procedure and asked for PTO. My TSM then called me and told me she needed me to make up my hour and gave me some choices of days. I told her no I chose PTO as that was one of my options. She was furious and really tried to guilt trip me into working, but in the end she had no choice but to put in PTO on my time card.

We all need to know the policies better than the TSMs or they will pull this nonsense of "check back every 30 minutes" and it will become a holiday tradition.
What region and what TSM initials - workingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious I have a feeling it may be MW or MD
Neither of those. My accounts are in FL. We were an MM buyout - a couple of years ago.
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not even sure what our region or area is called other than the give up your holiday time for free area I guess. I've checked with other co-workers and everyone feels the same but at the same time are afraid to rock the boat in fear of retaliation. In my case I'm a sole provider who hasn't received child support in over 10 years. I know, I know, this the wrong way to think but I really do need my job.

Totally wrong - 15 minutes is all you need to wait

[ In Reply To ..]
Everything is wrong with this picture. You wait 15 minutes and if there is no work then you are released for the day with your choice of paid (PTO) or unpaid. Your TSM is on holiday and so are the RTLs. If there is no work you should be too. Do not check back every 30 minutes.

Check every 30 min - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
I also had to check every 30 min - ended up using almost 5 hours of PTO - doesn't seem right to me

My accts are in Fl - we might have the same TCM -

has anyone called TSM out on this yet? - any reply? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Not the OP but have the same instruction. Reached out to - coworkers on IM and all

[ In Reply To ..]
feel the same but at the same time afraid to question her about it for fear of being put on "the list." I know this may seem cowardly to some but in some situations A job is better than no job :-(

I think I would say - something along the lines of sm

[ In Reply To ..]
"So we are not supposed to follow the standard NJA policy?"

IM your coworkers? - How?

[ In Reply To ..]
I want that, how are you able to do that? The only interaction I have with my coworkers is on this board. Something's not right.
Well, some here talk of team conference calls, too. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
we are allowed to download - IM Messenger to our PCs
[ In Reply To ..]
and communicate with our coworkers in that way.
Do you work for MModal? - me
[ In Reply To ..]
They actually allow you to access your coworker's names? Since when? Please give specifics. Anybody else ever heard of this here at MM?
Been at MM/MQ for 17 years, never heard of that - no communication with others at all
[ In Reply To ..]
Nada, Zero, Zilch, Zippo...
At bought out company we got blanket email and they - were often personal, SM
[ In Reply To ..]
emails and was able to communicate with them throught personal emails, NEVER company emails as who can trust company emails? Also, have asked for an email or 2 to help with new acct and after clearing it with the other person, I was able to get their email or IM. You can also go into Fluency and pull up jobs and see who else has worked that job. I would imagine name.name@mmodal.com would get a message to anyong. But not sure if Fluency lists whole name, hmmmm.
That's what I thought - me
[ In Reply To ..]
You had help on a new account from other MTs and then asked for their email addresses? Or you go fishing in Fluency and look up coworkers names and send them blind emails through the company server? If I got such an email, I would think it was spam or a virus. MM never wants us to communicate with each other, that's how its always been, keeping us isolated. Too much danger if we could actually communicate and take some kind of collective action. Never happen.
No, I have never gone fishing, lol. I asked for help, got email and - asked that person for IM, for speed. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Coming from buyout, several of us still communicated/communicate throught the personal emails we could see on blanket emails. Then you just kinda network...
our team is encouraged to communicate - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
We got an email in just the last few weeks from my QC asking us to all add her email to our IM.
yes I have my QC added as a contact - so I can contact immediately
[ In Reply To ..]
we were all told to share our email addresses on MSN Messenger and communicate with each other that way - at least a year now.
For a while with one of our previous CCM's - msmt
[ In Reply To ..]
we did have access to some of our coworkers names. We actually were all on the windows live messenger for a while until we changed to a different CCM that did not want to use it. I also had other MTs that kind of were annoying so I just quit using it altogether.
Yes - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Our team started this when we came onto Mmodal from Spheris and discovered how horrific the email system was. I didn't participate because I could really careless to communicate with anyone. I just want to work and be left alone, but our new QC since the layoffs told us how to add her to IM, so it must be still being done.

I also regularly get emails that lists everyone's names so I don't think it is any real big secret.

As I see it, there are two choices: - (sm) - Meerkat

[ In Reply To ..]
A - Check in every 30 minutes, find no work, and have Turkey Day ruined by that.

B - Don't check in AT ALL, (there would be no work anyway, spend time with your friends/family, and enjoy Turkey Day in peace.

I pick B.

Try calling HR and asking if there has been a - change in policy (if they

[ In Reply To ..]
haven't all left for the holiday and you can get a person on the phone).

Similar Messages:

Oh My Check Out The New Email
Jun 07, 2012

I thought maybe they were referring to client satisfaction or employee satisfaction.  They are referring to revenue size!  So we are supposed to be impressed that Medquist or Mmodal or whoever we are today moved up 4 spots (by gobbling up smaller companies)  while we haven't had a raise in years?  With all that revenue they can't improve sound quality or pay the employees better?  And do we really care the Nuance moved down a spot?  No.  Sometimes I j ...

Check Your Email
Mar 16, 2015

I just don't have any words to say. We have been on OT since the POD thing started and demanding more OT is just beating a dead horse. Maybe the brain trust needs to look at why we are on OT all the time instead of panicking every week. ...

Did You All Check Your Email From Corporate?
May 05, 2010

So I betcha have to be an RMT or CMT to win!  There will be 10 MT/MEE's.  I am happy that MQ included Spheris employees and their group.  That made me very happy, although I have been an MT with MQ for 20 years, I am just glad that Spheris will have their group included.  It is just well. . . ethical for MQ to do the right thing by including them.  I wonder if India is doing the same thing. ...

OTIer's Check Your Email........
Jul 02, 2012

And the pay is still not late according to contract.  Satisfied?!!! ...

Can't Check Email Either - Server Is Down - Anyone Else?
Dec 15, 2014

x ...

People In KMs Pod - Check Your Email NM
Mar 17, 2015

Check Your Email New Policy Regarding Responsiveness
Mar 15, 2013

I need time to read over again because I find so many flaws with their logic I cannot believe HR put out a new policy with such a double standard.  We are to be responsive or we can get fired but the supervisors can ignore phone calls and emails for weeks on end and that is okay?  Not to mention our "new and improved" email system is anything but reliable.  ...

When OOW, How Often Do You Check Back And Send TSM An Email When Still OOW? NM
Nov 09, 2014

xxx ...

Check Out Q Email. New Thing On The Main Page Sm
May 28, 2012

and of course can't get into mail.  Not sure what is going on now! ...

Time Spent Waiting, Check Email, Etc
May 15, 2015

http://callaborlawblog.com/common-california-labor-code-violations/minimum-wage/employer-average-piece-rate-employees-compensation-order-satisfy-requirements-minimum-wage-laws/ ...

Check Email. Incentive Starting Friday - Monday.
Apr 23, 2010

Why is there an incentive when there has not been that much work? ...

OK, I Checked My Statistics For
Mar 04, 2010

1-1/2 days of work.  Out of 50 reports I sent 4 to QA (none of which were able to be filled in by QA). The reports I sent to QA totaled over 200 lines!  I did the calculations (lines done divided by lines sent to QA x 100) and I came in over 10%. It is a no-brainer...MQ says they trust me to make the decision to send blanks to QA or the customer, so I will no longer be sending many reports (especially the long ones) to QA once this process is put in place.  I was a ...

Frequency Of Being QA Checked
May 25, 2010

How often does your company QA your work? Mine seems like every week.... ...

Checked Ultipro
Dec 28, 2011

Lowest one ever.  ...

Wow. Just Checked The Deenibeeni And Other
Jul 10, 2012

What a kind helpful attitude deenibeeni offered, her taking the time to try and help others, which only opened her up to all the rude obnoxious comments.  No wonder the office environment was not my cup of tea.  Shame upon shame. ...

I Just Checked Out An Advertisement
Jun 01, 2013

It was a full time position as an IC, hourly wage.  Wages advertised were $10 - $11 per hour.  Education qualifications:  MASTERS DEGREE!!!  yeah, like anybody with a Master's Degree is going to type insurance forms for $10 an hour....give me a break!!!  ugh. ...

Just Checked - Red Light Still On
Dec 15, 2014

Anybody care to join me for an egg nog?  Hot toddie?  Hot buttered rum? ...

Her Stool Was Checked For **glyac**? -nm
Feb 16, 2011

nm ...

ABGs Were Checked: Pier To 128?
Feb 19, 2011

what is he saying? ___:128   ...

Has Anyone Checked With A Lawyer About MM Not Paying For CCs And
Nov 26, 2012

demos when we're required to spend time searching and entering them?  How can we be required to spend hours and hours a week searching & entering "required" information but not be paid for that time or those lines?  Would it be a labor lawyer? ...

Just Checked The Nuance Board. Maybe It Is
Jan 01, 2014

the lesser of 2 evils because I don't see any posts about NJA over there. ...

Checked Legality Of Docking Pay During PM
Jun 01, 2015

Because we are hourly employees, the can legally punish us during PM as long as they pay us minimum wage. Drop me to a penny a line, and I'm out of here no matter whether or not I have any new job prospects! I haven't gotten past the first level of PM, but with the capricious way they grade and a mere 2 minor errors will flunk an audit, not matter how hard you try, you are always in imminent danger. Unless... you are amongst the lucky ones with proper ASR output. I think I ...

Oracle? Last Time I Checked They Had Very Little Work
Mar 10, 2010

and I wondered if that ever picked up?  Have heard good things about them but need steady work. thankyou ...

For Entertainment Purposes, I Checked FIESA
Jun 30, 2012

Lots of messages about time stamping my blanks.  Uh, sorry no can do.  If I realize towards the end of the report I have more than allowed blanks, then I have to RELISTEN to the report in order to get the time stamps. If I go ahead and time stamp 1 or 2 blanks and that's it, then I have to go back and erase all the time stamps so they don't show up in the report. So, therefore, I am not time stamping my blanks.  Time stamp this. ...

Has Anyone Else Double Checked Their Line Counts Lately?
Oct 11, 2013

I used to have no problems getting 200+, now have all I can do to get 150 and have been written up for same.  I do not see any change on the policy.  Anyone else? ...

Checked FIESA To Find A Report I Did
Dec 14, 2014

a report with poor sound quality and one of the worst dictators I have ever come across in my 15 years as an MT.  She was ESL (of course though they aren't all bad), and she kept changing her mind, talking to other people around here, dictating at the speed of light....you get it.....So, apparently I misheard her say "hemoglobin 7" instead of 11.  As you all know, that is a critical error.  And I guess it IS---However, in the case where the dictator speaks ...

Checked Team Metrics For Personnel Changes
Feb 05, 2015

Checked listing from end of November and then the last one last week and found there were 1 less numbers listed. I thought more might have quit.  I guess the ones who did weren't under my TSM.  We have it pretty good compared to some. I mostly did this to see if new people were added to our team and causing low work but that doesn't seem to be it. Low work today... OOW and had too much time on my hands I guess. ...

McKenzie Brace (scoliosis)...I Have Checked All Resources...see Below
Jan 28, 2010

I find many references to the McKenzie exercises for backs, but nothing specifically for "McKenzie brace."  Any help would be appreciated.  I have exhausted all resources. ...

Well I Just Checked A Report Against Microsoft Word Document Sm
Sep 06, 2010

and always MQ gave us more even just a little more in line count.  My line count was less than what it was in Microsoft.  So we are not getting paid for something.  Need to get out of this company and fast! ...

Checked Archives. Seeking Updated Input On
Jan 20, 2011

Are most people purchasing Instant Text (or ?)  to use in this platform or is BayScribe's expander user-friendly ?   ...