A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Time spent waiting, check email, etc - Interesting read

Posted: May 15, 2015

http://callaborlawblog.com/common-california-labor-code-violations/minimum-wage/employer-average-piece-rate-employees-compensation-order-satisfy-requirements-minimum-wage-laws/

Similar Messages:

Why Are We Not Paid For Time Spent Waiting For A Job?
Mar 29, 2013

I saw this on the Nuance board. What am I missing here? It really looks like, according to the Dept of Labor, that we should be paid at least minimum wage for our time waiting for a job to pop up, and not just a lousy 15 mins per day. See the section under "waiting time." http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs22.htm ...

Lots Of Time Spent On ADT
Apr 29, 2014

I spend enormous amounts of time doing clervical work for free at the beginning of a report..looking up doctor names that are not on the lists we have been given, figuring out which is the date of admit, consult, etc.  If everything was programmed in and we just had to download a report and transcribe, we would be making a lot more and if the speech recognition would stop putting words down that the doctors are not saying so that we do not have to clean it all up we would have more time to ...

Spent More Time Manually Entering CCs
Jan 30, 2015

How is that even remotey fair? ...

Two Great Interviews With Accentus STARTeam. Waiting, Waiting, Waiting...
May 10, 2012

I applied, tested for and passed for the Accentus STARTeam position.  I received a call from HR for the first interview and went on to a second interview with who would be my transcrition manager within hours of the first interview.  I was on the phone with her for over an hour.  She was very excited about my experience and told me I would be a great fit.  It was very clear that she thought I would be a valuable addition to her team and the interview went very, very well. &nb ...

How Do You Use Your Waiting Time?
Jul 02, 2010

Hi, I am an old MT but new to working at home. Didn't know beans about any company, but have gotten hired by a company that (as I found out on these forums) apparently overhires. As I understand it, this means that my "8-hour shift" may stretch to fill the entire day, as I wait for dictation to become available, because we have to do a certain number of lines, if there's work or not. My question to anyone in the same situation is, What do you do during the time you are waiting? Is it ...

Waiting Time Pay
Mar 29, 2013

Did you know that the Department of Labor requires that you be paid for waiting time?  That's right. Keep track of all the time you are out of work during your regular shift and are required to be available to work when the jobs come in.  All that time is billable to the company and is, by federal law, due to be paid to you!  Keep track of all your out of work or waiting for tech support down time!!! Bill the company for it. ...

Waiting Time Pay And Others DOL Link FYI
Jul 06, 2013

Here is a link to a PDF from the Dept of Labor with some very interesting info regarding pay, waiting time, etc. Should answer some questions.    http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs22.pdf      ...

For The ICs Out There, How Much Time Do You Put In Waiting On Work When
Jun 10, 2014

the accounts are way overstaffed.  I sit here all day waiting for what little work I get and not sure at what point you just say I will go PT or what to do.  Seems a little crazy to waste your life like this. ...

Still Haven't Approved Time Card Because Am Waiting For
Feb 17, 2010

a correction to be made (it's been 3 days!).  I'm wondering if I should go ahead and approve it anyway, even though if I do I will be short 3 hours for the week w/o the correction.  I'm afraid I won't be paid at all if I don't approve.  Does anyone know if you still get paid if your time card is not approved or approved late?  I wonder how long I should wait?  TIA ...

Oh My Check Out The New Email
Jun 07, 2012

I thought maybe they were referring to client satisfaction or employee satisfaction.  They are referring to revenue size!  So we are supposed to be impressed that Medquist or Mmodal or whoever we are today moved up 4 spots (by gobbling up smaller companies)  while we haven't had a raise in years?  With all that revenue they can't improve sound quality or pay the employees better?  And do we really care the Nuance moved down a spot?  No.  Sometimes I j ...

Check Your Email
Mar 16, 2015

I just don't have any words to say. We have been on OT since the POD thing started and demanding more OT is just beating a dead horse. Maybe the brain trust needs to look at why we are on OT all the time instead of panicking every week. ...

Did You All Check Your Email From Corporate?
May 05, 2010

So I betcha have to be an RMT or CMT to win!  There will be 10 MT/MEE's.  I am happy that MQ included Spheris employees and their group.  That made me very happy, although I have been an MT with MQ for 20 years, I am just glad that Spheris will have their group included.  It is just well. . . ethical for MQ to do the right thing by including them.  I wonder if India is doing the same thing. ...

OTIer's Check Your Email........
Jul 02, 2012

And the pay is still not late according to contract.  Satisfied?!!! ...

Can't Check Email Either - Server Is Down - Anyone Else?
Dec 15, 2014

x ...

People In KMs Pod - Check Your Email NM
Mar 17, 2015

Check Your Email New Policy Regarding Responsiveness
Mar 15, 2013

I need time to read over again because I find so many flaws with their logic I cannot believe HR put out a new policy with such a double standard.  We are to be responsive or we can get fired but the supervisors can ignore phone calls and emails for weeks on end and that is okay?  Not to mention our "new and improved" email system is anything but reliable.  ...

When OOW, How Often Do You Check Back And Send TSM An Email When Still OOW? NM
Nov 09, 2014

xxx ...

Check Out Q Email. New Thing On The Main Page Sm
May 28, 2012

and of course can't get into mail.  Not sure what is going on now! ...

Just Checked Email. Required To Check For Work Every
Nov 21, 2012

Only punch in when there are jobs available and then punch out.  Check every 30 minutes, rinse and repeat.  Enough is enough.  Has MModal reached a new low (if that's even possible)? ...

Check Email. Incentive Starting Friday - Monday.
Apr 23, 2010

Why is there an incentive when there has not been that much work? ...

Random Audit Due Today...waiting, Waiting.
Apr 11, 2014

My random audits have happened the last 3 months between the 10th and 15th of each month.  So, now... well, I guess I wait to see where the axe will fall.   ...

Am I Actually Failing Every Single Time They Check
Jul 15, 2014

Or do they just notify me of the failures? ...

Every Time I Check I FIESA I Get A Little Closer--sm
Mar 09, 2015

To sending in that 2 week notice.  I have only had 3 short reports audited lastweek at less than 100 lines total (last week I had over 300 lines audited).  Two reports were 100%.  The third, I missed a hyphen on the name of a scope and did not correct a was and were so am noat 99.05%.  I keep telling myself I just want to make it to May 21st but I am not sure if I am just lying to myself about that any more.  Do I really want to make it until May 21st?  I am not so ...

First Time Right - CEO Email........my 2 Cents......
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, I read the email.  A lot of it sounds great, that is, that they are giving us some tools such as Benchmark to do our jobs.  I do like that.  However, the part that worries me is that they are going to be expecting everyone to submit 5% QA or less starting May 1.  Anything above that you get a pay reduction of 3 cents a line---did I read THAT right?   Now, this 5% may be possible for some with great accounts.  I do MOSTLY have decent accounts, at least until I ...

Email Me, It's Time To Band Together And Get Something Done Here!
Mar 09, 2012

Please email me privately and let's get the ball rolling here folks.  It's time to try and get everyone together, a very hard thing to do in this industry, so that our voices can be heard and let the powers that be know that we're not going to take this shame any longer! ...

Every Time I Get An Email About MT Week,
May 22, 2012

...I hear the greeting in Effie Trinket's voice.  "HAPPY HUNGER GAMES [I MEAN MT WEEK]!!1!" ...

Wait For It- Another Third Time Is The Charm Email To Hit
Jun 12, 2012

Oh the irony of this company.  2 lines per hour average for the last week.  Looks like they messed up the ASR statistics and the other statistics report.  Wait for it, they will send an apology email and make some sorry excuse.  Does anyone actually look at this reports or find any sort of purpose? ...

Why Does This Company Email Program Time Me Out?
Jul 26, 2012

I'll have the email program open and about 30 minutes or so later, it'll log me out.  What gives? ...

Your Favorite Waste Of Time Email?
Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  ...

How Much Time Do You Spend Reading Email?
Jun 24, 2015

My QC sends out these extremely wordy emails several times a week.  I end up skimming them, for a couple reasons.  One, because I work on so many different accounts/hospital sites that I'm truly never going to retain any of the information anyway. Second, and most importantly, I DON'T GET PAID TO READ THEM! This can't be legal and has been bugging me forever.  Do they seriously think we get paid enough per line to "compensate" reading email?? What do you all do? ...