A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why do people spend time on this board... - Just Wondering

Posted: Mar 04, 2010

when you don't work for the "Q" ? Why do you care what is going on here?  I'm just curious. 

Maybe it is morbid curiosity. - Like watchin a horror movie.

[ In Reply To ..]
That MQ wrote and produced.

Maybe people are amazed at what is dished out and what we take.

I don't know, just a guess. I am a soon to be ex-MQ-er. A couple weeks then I am done!!!!

I personally have had enough of living the horror movie that is MQ.

Because most of us work at places that operate exactly - the way MQ does. When MQ makes a - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
change, especially one that's not good for MTs, invariably my company does the same thing not long after. They all want to be like your company. When you describe what goes on in management, you could be describing my company. Only problem is, most of my coworkers aren't on this board, and if they are, they never mention our company by name. MQ is so big you have your own board. I care just as much about what happens to you at the Q, as I do about what happens at my company. I get a lot of insight into the business, and how you handle certain aspects of your software and company rules, etc. that help me deal with my company. And, reading what's going down at MQ give me a forewarning about what's coming down the road for the rest of us. So I hope you don't mind that others read your board. What happens at MQ, and to MQ employees, affects ALL of us.

I do not work for the Q and asked a simple question earlier because (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
as I posted earlier, I am a MT and I am always concerned about what is going on in my industry as a whole. Also, I have friends who work for the Q and I am concerned for them, as well as any other MT.

Because I used to work for MQ and have - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
actually wished many times that I had never left. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

can I ask for specifics? - just wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
What its like out there. Pros and cons of some other places, etc. TIA

Sent you an e-mail. nm - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

We shouldn't want to know what the biggest - pig at the trough is doing?

[ In Reply To ..]
Come on now, you could have figured this out for yourself, Suitster.

Pig at the trough - LOLOLOL!!! - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
That brought up all sorts of visuals, including that idiotic "Feed the Pig" commercial and the "Cable Pig" commercial...Thanks for the giggle :-)

LOL too! - "Dont Feed The Pig" !

[ In Reply To ..]
nmn

why I come to this board - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work there for 15 years and cared (past tense) very much for the company. I've been gone for a year and am so happy I left, love my new company, but I still have many former colleagues who are still at the Q and of course I care about what is going on for them.

Similar Messages:

How Much Time Do You Spend On Demographics?
Apr 30, 2014

I have an account where the doctors never enter demographics. I'm spending 5 minutes on each report filling in demographics and cc's from doctors who only slur a last name.  Many partial doctor names need to be Googled.  If I do about 36 reports a day at 5 minutes each with demographic research then I'm spending 3 hours of my shift working for nothing!   How is it for the rest of you? ...

How Much Time Do You Spend Reading Email?
Jun 24, 2015

My QC sends out these extremely wordy emails several times a week.  I end up skimming them, for a couple reasons.  One, because I work on so many different accounts/hospital sites that I'm truly never going to retain any of the information anyway. Second, and most importantly, I DON'T GET PAID TO READ THEM! This can't be legal and has been bugging me forever.  Do they seriously think we get paid enough per line to "compensate" reading email?? What do you all do? ...

How Many Spend Considerable Time Correcting Demographic Errors?
Mar 21, 2013

I can't believe the number of errors entering the wrong demographics, apparently by the clients, that we have to research and clean up for zero pay! ...

Why Are There So Many Nasty People On This Board?
Dec 23, 2009

You ask a question, and instead of just answering it or ignoring it, people love to give smart aleck replices. Why are some people here so nasty? There are a lot of helpful and nice people here, of course. ...

Have Any Of You Nice People Read Anything On This Board?
Aug 29, 2014

These things you are asking about? This is Nuance. Adapt or die trying, those are your choices. Sorry, wish I could be more encouraging.   ...

Is There A List Somewhere On Synernet Message Board That Has The Names Of The People Who Are The Tea
Mar 05, 2014

I was wondering for people who have been at Synernet for a while, is there a list of the team leads for each shift posted somewhere?  I find it odd that they hire people, but then never tell anyone who was hired for the position.  Aren't team leads there to help if someone should have a question ?  I just felt it was odd.  ...

IC STATUS TIME FOR SOME CHANGES PEOPLE
Nov 02, 2010

Most of us work as IC status. PEOPLE we need to get some type of protection.  what would happen to you tmr if your contract was terminated? You cannot get unemployment... these companies are making a killing off not having to pay into social security benefits, unemployment or workmans comp.... time to stand up as a work force I am willing to lead this however possible I need to know what are the steps to get this rolling.  we need to get these companies mandated to pay taxes, benefit ...

Any Work For Part Time Flex People?
Mar 26, 2010

I'm part time 24+ a week right now...looking to decrease hours but want to make sure I can get at least 10 hours a week.  Will I have trouble getting that?  When I was hired they said they couldn't guarantee flex PT hours, so....? ...

Does Nuance Still Hire Part Time People?
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks for your time! ...

People Must Have Made Up Time This Weekend Because I Have No Work Now.
Sep 08, 2013

nm ...

I Guess Keystrokes Didn't Waste Enough People's Time
Oct 20, 2014

posting the same jobs for which they received 735 responses, mine included. 31 years of experience, multispecialty, 3 compatible computers, and must have got 100% on the easiest 'test' I've ever taken...I wonder which of us will 'get a life' first...and who's the bigger fool at this point, the poster or responders... jes' sayin'--know what I mean KB? ...

Swap Board Stupid/First Time Right Flawed
May 04, 2010

Swap Board...maybe for part timers..but I will not go near it as a full time person.  I am not risking needing a day off by floating a shift, hoping somebody takes it..then finding another shift.  I will use other methods. First Time Right - the accessing old reports part.  I have in fact been helped by this a great deal. The problem is it is takes forever to go through a myriad of reports hoping to find the one that possibly will help you.  I like the Repository MUCH B ...

Haven't Been On This Board In A Long Time And Have A Question. SM
Dec 22, 2010

I see one page of posts, doesn't seem to go to a page 2, and so on.  Company board goes from today at 4 p.m., to the 14th of Dec and no option of a 2nd page.    Does the board now automatically archive after a page is full?    Thanks.  ...

How Long Do YOU Spend On A Blank?...
Apr 30, 2010

One of the team leads sent an email out emphasiziing the importance of exhausting all resources before leaving a blank.  I feel like I do.  Just curious, how long do you think is an appropriate amount of time to spend researching a blank?  I say 3-5 minutes max.  After all, we are paid on production.  ...

Do You Spend 80% Of Your Life Worrying About Your Bad Job
Jun 13, 2015

It just seems to me that many MTs spend the majority of their lives worrying about the next bad thing that their employer is going to do to them. No solution. It just occurred to me that a lot of lives are gettng wasted hour by hour because of employer abuse or perceived employer abuse. Your choice. ...

I So Wish Every Person Above Me On The MM Totem Pole Would Spend A Day Doing My Job.
Mar 13, 2012

Doing ASR, I feel like I am typing backwards all day long. It's like when I was in typing class in high school backspacing to correct all the errors. This ASR makes me feel like I am taking 2 steps forwards, 5 steps backwards all day. It's so demotivating. ...

How Many Hours Did You Spend As An Andrews Student A Week?
Jun 10, 2015

Their website says students spend 15 to 30 hours a week on coding practice and reading assignments.  I know everyone is different, with different abilities and other responsibilities, etc. but I am just wondering how many hours some of you spent a week while being an Andrews student?  I am going to start soon and I am getting excited! ...

Confused About People Laid Off Part Time Flex, Thought Flex Position Was Eliminated Years Ago
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time but not flex. I wanted to go flex but my CCM told me that they no longer had flex positions available. This was probably 2 years ago.  How is everyone part time flex? ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

Overtime Because Of The Time Clock Time Zone Change?
Feb 06, 2011

It has been inconvenient, and maybe a bit confusing at times, to check my time card hours for my shift as, because of my time zone, part of my hours show up on the next day because I work 2nd shift. I wonder if I will get overtime for yesterday, even though I did not work overtime. I had to start work several hours early because of maintenance, so all hours were completed before the hour my hours start showing up on the next day. Fine. But the last couple hours of yesterday show up as today, ...

Anybody Else's Actual Time Worked Not Match Clocked Time?
Jun 13, 2011

Ever since they have changed Schedule Source and now it has a display called today's activity with "actuals" hours, this has not matched the hours shown with the time clock punches and is less than the hours according to the clock punch. The difference adds up to a significant amount over time. I am really suspicious about being jypped paywise. ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...