A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

We desperately need a UNION! I've thought it for years. SM - LoriMT

Posted: Mar 15, 2010

I was reading the posts below from the complainers complaining about the complainers, and I cannot believe there are so many deluded and ignorant MTs out there who believe that 3 cpl for VR and 8 cpl for transcription is a fair wage --- NO, not just a fair wage, they actually think it's something to sing about!

When I started in this profession over 20 years ago, medical transcriptionists were a well respected part of the HIM team.  I earned $13 per hour back in the late 1980s!  Fast forward to 2010, I'm still making right around $13 per hour and I'm working three times a hard or harder.  Plus groceries are more expensive, fuel for my car is more expensive, my house payment is triple what I paid in rent as a single gal back in the late 80s, and the price of my utilities has tripled.

When I worked directly for the hospital, we received yearly evaluations and raises based on our skills and job performance.  We also received cost of living raises periodically throughout the year.  Human Resources would routinely evaluate the current cost of living, the average salary for an MT in our part of the country, and compensate us accordingly if necessary.

Since my hospital outsourced the MT department and I have worked for the MTSO, I have NEVER received a raise -- going on five years now.  Let me repeat, NO RAISE IN 5 YEARS!! 

Wal-Mart gives their people at least yearly wages.  The local grocery stores gives their people yearly wages.  Why should MTs be satisfied with no raises EVER?!?!!?

I make 9 cpl for actual transcription work which is actually above average for the industry or so I'm told.  Basically, if I transcribe an average of 1200 lines a day, I'm making what I made 20+ years ago.  Except there's a new wrinkle, voice recognition.  Nevermind that the skill level required for VR is no different than that for transcription, we still have to take a pay cut because it's "easier."  Yep, easier.  News flash, the VR platform that I have to use produces the most laughable reports I have ever read in my life.  With the amount of editing required after the speech engines is finished, I might as well have typed the entire report myself.  And even if I double my line count to 2400 a day, I'm still only making $9 an hour.  It's a joke and I'm not laughing.  One guess who is laughing  ---  the MTSOs all the way to the bank!

And yet according to some of the posters below, I'm supposed to be appreciative that I have a job, love my job, be my job because it is the greatest freaking job there is because I get to look like a slob and save gas.  Well excuse me, but the cons far outweigh the pros. 

Not only have we lost money over the years, we have lost our dignity.  That's not okay with me.  So we need a union.  We need to take control of our industry.  We need to have enough self-respect to realize that medical transcription is a highly skilled profession and this needs to be recognized by the MTSOs.  We should be compensated for the skills we possess.  Medical transcription is a crucial part of the HIM team.  Without the reports we generate, coders cannot do their jobs.  If we did not make sense out of the mumbling, sometimes incoherent dictation and generate a professional and technical document, the coders would not/could not be able to assign the codes necessary for the hospital to bill for payment.

Why are we not compensated for our expertise?  Why should we accept any less than what we deserve?  And why on God's green earth should we be happy about being undervalued and disrespected?

WAKE UP!  We are working in a pink collar ghetto and there is absolutely nothing "HAPPY" about it!

Union - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
You probably need to find an on-site job with a hospital, quite a few of them have employees unions now, or perhaps a state or federal job, a lot of those are union positions. I don't know how you could possibly organize the at-home MTs and make the companies comply, it would just force them to use even more off shore labor.

Exactly... offshore they will. it's cheaper, too. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Which is why we need to press our congressmen and women into - LoriMT

[ In Reply To ..]
passing legislation that stops the offshoring of American jobs. We need to make them answer questions such as how effective is HIPAA in protecting a patient's EMR outside the jurisdiction of the United States? What happens when HIPAA is breeched by an Indian MTSO? Doesn't the patient have a right to know when his/her EMR is at risk when and if their information is transmitted to another country for the sole purpose of typing a report?

Once we make it clear that aside from the loss of jobs and the devastation to our economy, there are other very serious issues directly affected by the offshoring of American jobs, we gain a significant foothold in securing the future of American MTs. We possess a valuable bargaining chip. A transcription Union will address HIPAA legalities, secure American MT jobs, and guarantees fair compensation for our skills and expertise, and ultimately will carry a lot of lobbying power in Washington.

Where there's a will there's a way. The threat of losing our jobs to India is only as powerful as we let it be. I for one am getting tired of having that loaded gun pointed at my head.

No one makes you stay. No union for me. Don't even - want it. Move on if you are unhappy.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Maybe she WILL move on, help start a union, and - leave you in the dust - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
-- typing til your fingers are bloody for 3 cpl.
people have been wanting this, trying, and talking about this -- (small) - lalalalaaa
[ In Reply To ..]
for over 20 years - ARE WE THERE YET?
obviously not going to happen.
How will SHE or YOU or ANYONE do that? - Please list the steps.
[ In Reply To ..]
Also, WHO will hire MTs at salaries multiple times over what they are paying the Indians?

I am also curious if high paid JOBS will be PROMISED by your imaginary UNION.

I wonder who they will FORCE to hire us?

But actually I am still interested in how you will actually get this all up and running with workers scattered across the entire country. You are not talking about a building or two of people in one place here.

GOOD LUCK.

But--it is a dead horse you are beating. Impossible to get off the ground. The higher costs associated with hiring a union backed MT would not be wanted by any health institution. Not while they can get it readily, get it cheap and get it with the blessings of the government.

Our government cannot get anything done of true importance, let along listen your cries about offshoring, when it is the government itself who agrees with it and gives tax breaks for it.

May the force be with you, because you will need it.
Your stauch refusal to believe that MTs can do anything - to improve things is precisely what - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
the MTSOs are banking on. They know that MTs with that mindset are the easiest to con, cheat, step on, and discard.
No refusal, LIST THE STEPS . . - You start the ball rolling . .
[ In Reply To ..]
Go ahead, I am waiting.

First, to get ahold of the thousands of MTs across the country you are going to . . . . . ???????

Then after you contact the thousands that do not come to this website YOU re goin to . . . . . . ???????

Well?

Give REAL ideas and information, not just HOT AIR!

A strong union would be able to lobby the govmt. to - stop (or at least tax!) offshoring US jobs. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
eeewww, would love to see them taxed for offshoring! - mtness (NM)
[ In Reply To ..]
x
AND, perhaps a tax break for every US MT hired - yaay (NM)
[ In Reply To ..]
incentives......
Be careful what you ask for - Ima MT
[ In Reply To ..]
First, our "representation" (AHDI) already does lobby on our behalf (hang on while I stop gagging.)

Second, this really becomes a be careful what you wish for situation. Yes, perhaps organization (just don't believe a union is viable or possible) could throw some weight around and do what... get higher wages? Not when the services are having to accept lower payments, or will you lobby that they are able to charge more too? And if you lobby for all employee, you'll piss off the ICs who LIKE being ICs. Plus you'll then likely dictate more stringent rules with regards to "home" offices (you know all of you who complain that you don't have to follow the HIPAA/HITECH rules?)

And then there's taxes....

While it sounds all pie in the sky happy to form a union, IMO, it simply becomes the devil you know....
AHDI is NOT a union. Its a bunch of scammers that - got rich off of sending our jobs - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
offshore, driving wages down, and convincing thousands of gullible MTs that they needed a faux credential after their name ("CMT") in order to be worth hiring.

A union goes to bat for the employee. Most likely it would run the likes of AHDI and all these "schools" popping up everywhere like deathcap mushrooms right out of existence.

The schools, the MTSOs with their 3 cpl jobs, and AHDI are preaching the "Pie-In-The-Sky" crap. The rest of us know better. The naysayers are the ones who are afraid of change for the better, because it might inconvenience them or rock their very small little worlds.

I still believe something COULD be done. But we would need strength in numbers to do it, and for whatever reason, most MTs seem to have it hardwired in their genetic codes to NOT stick together, but instead to repel from each other like 2 similar poles of a magnet.
Duh- of course ADHI is not a union - Ima MT
[ In Reply To ..]
But they DO lobby for the MT in Washington, DC. You might not like the way they do it or the results they get, but they do it. This is part of the problem. You think the handful of MTs on these few pages are the majority and they aren't. Not even close.

Many MTs are quite content, have their CMT, and are happy with knowing ADHI is lobbying on their behalf.

Thinking a union is a magic pill is just magical thinking, IMO.
Um, shouldnt that be "Ima FOOL?" AHDI lobbies in DC for - only ONE thing: Itself, NOT the MT.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Totally agree. I have been watching them for over 32 yrs - and I AM an MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't believe in them at all.

Union and MT - Ex-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no point in unionizing a group of people who really don't want to unionize and really have no idea of how low-wage and low-respect their job actually is. If I were you, I would begin now (yesterday) to just get out of MT altogether, and, in fact, probably out of the healthcare industry. The entire industry has gone from bad to worse and it just keeps getting worse. The entire healthcare industry seems to think that the people who work in hospitals, clinics, or wherever are just doing it because they love their job and don't care about making money. I actually had a manager tell me about 6 months ago, when I was going to cover for them, that "the hospital has hard times" and that was suppose to cause me to give a damn and work for next to nothing, when they had just laid me off.. . probably hoping that I would work for them for some out service for pennies.

My advice, just try to get out of healthcare. It is amazing what other people have done with their financial lives by not being in healthcare.

It depends on the part of the country you are in. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone who lives in California or NY might need more to live on, but someone who lives in Alabama or Missouri may not.

I started out 25 years ago making $7.00 per hour and when I resigned 5 years ago due to outsourcing I was making $13.00 an hour and I did get yearly raises.

Not all MT's make the same or require the same amount of salary to survive. It also depends on what you can produce.

I'll take my 8 cpl with easy dictators, no line quotas, no set hours as opposed to 11 or 12 cpl as an acute care MT working midnight to 8 a.m. or weekends.

While I agree we need a union, this can also cause substantial hardship when we strike. You do realize we will have to strike to get our fair wage.

Do you understand the concept of being an MTSO that has to subcontract work here in the USA and the competition only allows the USA MTSO so much room for bidding accounts especially large ones.

Everyone thinks being an MTSO is just so easy. Well it is not an easy task. I have had my own accounts and the money I made was spent on administrative tasks, begging for my paycheck, putting up with phone calls, lost reports, lost tapes.... the list goes on and on.

We sit here and type, get the work back, and we go to bed.

Think about the entire picture here, nost just the at-home MT subbing the work. If the MTSO can only bid 12 cpl, what does that leave the MT when most MTs also need to be QA'd.

You talk about old times? How about when we had no QA to cut into profit margin. Now we do because too many MTs do not understand ESL dictation and are thrown into these jobs on a daily basis without any regard to whether or not that MT can even make a go of that dictator.

Unions - MT Bottle

[ In Reply To ..]
Unionizing at this point would be like closing the barn door after the horse is out. I think also you're directing your post at the big nationals not the small private MTSO.

Therefore, the more appropriate action would be to call attention through the media to get our government officials on board regarding medical records going offshored. Imagine all the work we could get back and the demand there would be for our services.

Are you a time traveler from the 1950s? - Wow, Awsome!

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't believe it! Where is your time machine?

If you are not a time traveler, I apologize, but -- the day of the unions has come and gone.

But if you are that determined and you do believe you CAN really really start a "UNION", please do list in order exactly your plans on how YOU are going to go about getting the ball rolling. It would be absolutely facinating to read! A union is born!!

First -- Do you have the millions of dollars you would need just to get up and running? For instance, for an ad campaign? You DO want to reach ALL MTs in the country, not the handful that come on this board, right? So, we will have to have ads on radio, TV, internet, snail mail, etc.

Also -- some of those millions of dollars will have to go to a real hard core legal team -- These MTSOs have the best of the best as far as legal eagles go. So we better be prepared with a good team to back us up.

Then -- if by some miracle you get your hands on a million bucks, hire a crack legal team, reach all the MTs in the country, and get all the preliminary voting then final voting done, and the votes say YES to a union -- can you tell me which hospital system is going to hire us at 10 times what they are paying Indians to do?

I don't know -- it seems to me that we would be throwing a party, but no one would come.

And if you also think it is easy to change legislation to stop outsourcing -- wow -- you must be a time traveler, because you haven't seen how our legislators cannot scratch their noses on a timely basis. Or agree on what day of the week it is.

Good luck.

Maybe it is time to either:

1. Be happy with whatever you are making in this profession.

or

2. Get a new profession. This one is on its last leg.

Good luck time traveler. I will watch for the ad campaigns and the news about congress jumping to our aid.

Really.

Sorry to be so blunt, but the reaility is what it is. Unless you know a magical way to get thousands of people across the country together for free somehow to vote on a union. And get a legal team for free. And get congress to hear your cause and act on it immediately.

Good Luck!

Enjoy your crummy little job and your crummy little pay, MTs. - Cuz youre the ones making it stay that way.

[ In Reply To ..]
If your'e a SUIT, then it would be understandable that you don't want pay and conditions to improve for MTs. But if you ARE an MT, it's a mystery why you claim to be happy with the scraps of nothing you're earning with all your hard work. Martyr complex, perhaps?

Not a SUIT but an MT of 25 years . . . - FORMER member of a union

[ In Reply To ..]
early in life in a different field -- a union who did NOTHING for us except collect dues!

No, nott happy with scraps, that is why I AM LEAVING THIS FIELD.

Anyone with even HALF of a brain would know YOU UNION SCREAMERS ARE BEATING A DEAD HORSE!

BEEN THERE DONE THAT PROBABLY BEFORE YOU WERE OUT OF YOUR DIAPERS.

You are hilarious!!

you go girl...I'll wait here. - yawn

[ In Reply To ..]
oh, lighten up, it's a joke

oh pulease - Ima MT

[ In Reply To ..]
First before any of that happens, DEFINE an MT.

Then DEFINE the workplace.

Then DEFINE the line.

Online MTs account for maybe half the MTs in the country. (I'll go find the recent Advance article if you insist on verification of the statistic.) Many MTs ARE happy in their circumstances.

What is a union HONESTLY going to do to a profession that can't even agree on what "entry" level is??

ImaMT - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the statistics, I'm one of the happy ones working on site and wondered how many of us there were. I've also wondered what percentage of MTs this forum represents, I'm guessing it's pretty small. It is frustrating that there are no standards for pay or anything else in the MT world, it makes it difficult to know how much money you'll be making when going from hourly to pay by line or pay by minute.

Unions - Jan

[ In Reply To ..]
The unions are trying to unionize OVERSEAS...guess what THAT would mean? You and I would be A) Working for 5 cents a line B) Not working at all. If the unions get a hold of the MT business this business as we know it would be over. So do NOT get sucked into that idea. If they strike a deal for offshore MTs we're screwed. And Don't think the government is going to give a crap about bad quality reports. The government doesn't give a crap about bad quality medical care (as you will shortly find out) they will care even LESS about good quality transcription.

Similar Messages:

Thought I Had Seen It/heard It/experienced It All In The Past 30 Years
Sep 02, 2012

I work in-house, got the news a week ago that the hospital has hired an outside company to take over the transcription, which will save the hospital millions of dollars.  We have the option of going with the other company or simply going home; in other words, take it or leave it.  Needless to say, the outsourced company's benefits are not as good in comparison to the hospital's, much more expensive and also this will be strictly voice recognition.&nbs ...

Confused About People Laid Off Part Time Flex, Thought Flex Position Was Eliminated Years Ago
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time but not flex. I wanted to go flex but my CCM told me that they no longer had flex positions available. This was probably 2 years ago.  How is everyone part time flex? ...

Desperately Need
Dec 14, 2011

... to work for a company that pays weekly.  I have many years of experience in all specialties.  VR or straight typing, IC or emp.  Any ideas of a company I could apply to and start asap?  Thank you for any and all ideas! ...

Desperately Need ExpressScribe Help
Oct 14, 2009

I am trying to transcribe files in Express Scribe.  The first file keeps speeding up and going really fast, even when I decrease the speed button on the display.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  The second problem is when I start the voice file, when I lift my foot off the pedal, the file keeps playing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

New MT Desperately Wants First Job! Need Advise!
Sep 07, 2010

Hey all, I am a new recent graduate in the MT field and am currently studying to get my RMT. I am having a very hard time finding my first MT job and was wondering if anyone had any advise on companies that willingly hire new MT's or places to go in the kansas city metro area to get some experience that will influence my hiring process. Thanks! ...

Desperately Hoping
Dec 11, 2014

My lunch hours are proving to be quite productive.  Applied to 4 jobs in 2 days.  I am so HOPING that at least one of these pans out because I have had enough of this BS.  Cherry picking at its finest going on.  I have had nothing but the bottom of the barrel since Saturday.  My lines also seem lower than usual no matter what I do.  Sick of being robbed by these <insert choice of profanity here>.  I can't wait until I can breathe, sleep and just over ...

Desperately Need To Work OT...but
Jun 28, 2015

my accounts are SO HORRIBLE I can hardly make it through the week, let alone do overtime.  I need the cash pretty bad though, so I guess I will grit my teeth and just do it! I've worked on some super easy accounts in past years, but these past couple of years since my old accounts went overseas, have been a horrible struggle with impossible ESL and the worst sound quality I've ever dealt with. Add on top of that the frequent audits, and oh my, what a recipe for stress! Thanks for ...

I Desperately Need To Hear From Ex Transportal MTs
Feb 17, 2014

When I was getting all that stuff loaded on my PC, he said whatever I do, do not run a system restore as it would break my machine.  I just wonder if any ex MTs have done that and not had a problem.  I feel it would take care of a lot of my problems.  Thanks for any info!!  Feel free to email me if you wish ...

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...

Desperately Seeking Physical Therapy Terms
Jan 30, 2014

My new account includes physical therapy and rehabilitation reports.  It's been many moons since I've done this worktype.  I've googled for PT terms, but nothing I find is very helpful.  Does anyone know of a PT glossary that's free on line?  I'll be eternally grateful for any help.  ...

Desperately Seeking Morning PT Radiology Work To Supplement Income
Jan 13, 2012

It seems impossible to find morning work in radiology to supplement my full-time income!  I love my full-time job at Transcend, but I am really needing to find a PT gig to supplement my income.  I current work second shift, but with the economy these days, like so many others out there, I could really use the extra income.  I would appreciate any input about any companies, whether it be IC or employee status, that offers morning work in radiology.  I scour the ads daily ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

We Need A Union
Jan 18, 2013

nm ...

What A Union Could've Done For MTs
Jan 07, 2014

I kinda liked the big o' tire! http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/07/news/goodyear-france/index.html ...

UNION
Oct 16, 2014

Has anyone done research on clerical or MT unions? Any organizers or organizations you can suggest?  An internet search didn't yield anything, but I sent an email to a "service" union (closest I could find), haven't heard back.  All this industry has ever done is decrease pay under the guise of making compensation competitive, which is to say "If you'll work for X company for that little, we'll lower our pay too."  This job and the pride that came with it is a ...

MTs Can't Get A Union Going But Medical Pot
Sep 20, 2010

nm ...

Some Of You People Below Need A Union
Apr 19, 2011

Rather than turning against each other as some of you are starting to do below, it would be really great if you had a union, one  that worked to make sure you are treated fairly and rules aren't changed that make it harder for you to do your work and make a living. ...

Formation Of A Union
Sep 11, 2012

Is anyone really interested?  I have started doing some research, and starting a union is not as far-fetched as we think.  We would need 30% of the employees to sign up for it.  Check out Office and Professional Employees International Union.  They might be able to help us.  http://www.opeiu.org/ ...

To Those Who Were Looking Into How To Form A Union For MTs
Oct 20, 2012

What did you find out? Did you make any headway? P.S. Please no negative posts. ...

FORM A UNION
Nov 20, 2012

We need to form a union and be done with all this complaining and stop taking their! ...

Does Anyone Belong To A Union?
Sep 03, 2014

I am just wondering if anyone out there belongs to a union like SEIU? I know they mainly represent nurses and home health aides, etc., but I wonder if you joined it would that be of any benefit, would they be able to help with our working conditions, would you be able to elect their benefits rather than the MTSO ones? I am not interested in AHDI because basically it seems to provide absolutely NO job security or protection, no benefits to joining, and in fact your reward for obtaining their cer ...

Need To Start A Union
Oct 23, 2014

OK transcriptionists.......We are all in the same boat that seems to be sinking.  I am throwing everyone a life preserver.  I know I can offer the doctors out there an easy way to dictate that is "clear, understandable, personable" (with transcriptionists assigned to their own personalized physicians).  This is the way I have done this for 20 years.  It worked great.  I have a connection that will integrate transcription into the EMR that they are using.  When I spo ...

If We Had A Union, This Would Not Happen, Sm.
Dec 17, 2014

I have always thought that if we had a union, companies could not get away with this behavior.  So why don't we have a union to represent us, any thoughts? ...

Union Message Looks Like Deleted
Oct 14, 2009

I guess I could just rest on my laurels (whatever those are) and let it be but must complain, yes complain, about the totao lack of concern for those of us who have had our pay cut 1/2 to 2/3 of what it used to be. We absolutely need someone to represent us. ...

Do You Support Thoughts Of A Union?
Aug 23, 2010

If you do, what are your thoughts on CMT? In reading the thread going on right now, I see MTs saying it's worthless, it's a rip-off, etc.  But what do you think a union would really do? Any PROFESSIONAL organization SHOULD have standards and should have a MINIMUM certification.  Like it or not, AHDI is OUR organization and the CMT is what is being pushed as the MINIMUM standard.  Credentials do NOT guarantee higher pay.  They say you have met the minimum standards ...

More Silly Union Talk
Jan 31, 2011

Before responding, please read this post carefully. Yes, I’m talking union here, but NOT an MT union which would be pointless. Unfortunately we’ve missed that opportunity. Also, this post is intended for experienced professional MTs and include my thoughts on several topics that started down below. And hold onto your hats; this is a long one.   I’ve chimed in on this subject before, but I wanted to make an official post to put it out there and get valuable feedback fro ...

One Of The Reasons A Union Will Never Work
Feb 03, 2011

"I am looking for a transcription company that does SOAP notes preferably. I have 15 years of transcription experience and would like to do something part-time and weekends." I read this today.  I considered it could be a bait post since not far under it is one equal eyebrow-raising. But here's an MT who can say, "I have 15 years experience" and I would venture to guess, couldn't hold a candle to many of the newer and older acute-care MTs. Years of experience really becomes mea ...

The Reality Of The UNION Talk
Apr 25, 2011

The only person REALLY interested is apparently the person who recently posted.  ****** This followup is posted mostly to point out the REALITY and that's that MTs will NEVER unionize :)  It's just a topic that comes up, everybody creates fervor for their POV and then it all goes away (thank goodness)!   ...

Union For Medical Transcriptionists
Jul 11, 2011

I know this idea has been tossed around a lot but yet nothing has been done about it (to my knowledge - if someone knows different, please correct me). I am in agreement that we as transcriptionists need to band together so that we don't get treated unfairly and not paid what we are actually worth. I know there are many of us that have chosen medical transcription as our career and are still holding on and sticking through the changes. How do you go about creating a union for transcriptio ...