A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

desperately seeking physical therapy terms - sm

Posted: Jan 30, 2014

My new account includes physical therapy and rehabilitation reports.  It's been many moons since I've done this worktype.  I've googled for PT terms, but nothing I find is very helpful.  Does anyone know of a PT glossary that's free on line?  I'll be eternally grateful for any help. 

This should help - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
These are from my bookmarks,

https://sites.google.com/site/medicaltranscriptionsamples/physical-therapy-evaluation-medical-transcription-sample-report

https://sites.google.com/site/medicaltranscriptionwordhelp/physiatric-physiatry-physical-medicine-and-rehabilitation-medical-transcription-sample-report

Thank you! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Similar Messages:

Physical Therapy
Oct 23, 2010

Typing phy. therapy and s/l aura suppression or orris impression? ...

Physical Therapy S/l Pullashucks
Oct 29, 2009

s/l pullashuks...thanks ...

Physical Therapy/Rehab
Sep 07, 2010

Anybody good with PT/rehab terms? PT assessment Patient performs s/l "clenched transfers" or "clinched transfers" or "Clint's transfers". I can't find any of them. Thanks distraction ...

Physical Therapy Note
Mar 17, 2011

Sounds like doctor is saying the patient did an "abdominal backhoe contraction."  HELP! TIA ...

Physical Therapy Question
Oct 12, 2012

I suspect impingement in the subacromial arch. We may have to discontinue this joint capsule stretch due to patient̢۪s sharp pain. Thus, treatment limited to glenohumeral mobilizations for posterior and inferior ___ in today̢۪s treatment. Capsular, capsule. It s/l capistor. ...

Physical Therapy Term
Oct 18, 2013

worked on seated chair extension to work on stretching her upper thoracic spine as well as adding "s/l no monies" which did show very poor movement in the external rotation. ...

Please Help! Physical Therapy Billing/coding
Sep 01, 2010

I have never coded/billed for physical therapy.  The scenario is:  eval (97001), application of hot/cold packs (97010), and 3 minutes of ultrasound (97035).  I checked the cms website and other sites relating to physical therapy, but they are all unclear.  Should I bill/code this as 97001 and 97010-59? ...

Occupational/physical Therapy Word???
Jan 21, 2013

Doc is saying "undergo CMT 3 days a week for 4 weeks, each including E-stim _____ (spelling "machtric or mechtric"... s/l mactrack) and 2 units of 97124 and 2 units of 97110. any ideas? ...

S/l Dysom, Physical Therapy Term
Dec 07, 2014

anyone? ...

Trying To Decide Between Enrolling In A Medical Coding Course Or A Physical Therapy Assistant Course
Sep 20, 2011

TIA :-) ...

S/l "agoski" Physical Therapy
Sep 29, 2010

Please help. S/L agoski or egoski physical therapy ...

S/l "range" "fen" Device .. Physical Therapy - Neck Pain
Mar 04, 2011

x ...

Desperately Need
Dec 14, 2011

... to work for a company that pays weekly.  I have many years of experience in all specialties.  VR or straight typing, IC or emp.  Any ideas of a company I could apply to and start asap?  Thank you for any and all ideas! ...

Dr. Is Saying Pegus Arginase Therapy...cannot Find...could It Be Pegasys/arginase Therapy?? See Mor
Apr 01, 2010

History of hyperglycemia associated with steroid and pegus arginase therapy in the past. ...

Desperately Need ExpressScribe Help
Oct 14, 2009

I am trying to transcribe files in Express Scribe.  The first file keeps speeding up and going really fast, even when I decrease the speed button on the display.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  The second problem is when I start the voice file, when I lift my foot off the pedal, the file keeps playing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

New MT Desperately Wants First Job! Need Advise!
Sep 07, 2010

Hey all, I am a new recent graduate in the MT field and am currently studying to get my RMT. I am having a very hard time finding my first MT job and was wondering if anyone had any advise on companies that willingly hire new MT's or places to go in the kansas city metro area to get some experience that will influence my hiring process. Thanks! ...

Desperately Hoping
Dec 11, 2014

My lunch hours are proving to be quite productive.  Applied to 4 jobs in 2 days.  I am so HOPING that at least one of these pans out because I have had enough of this BS.  Cherry picking at its finest going on.  I have had nothing but the bottom of the barrel since Saturday.  My lines also seem lower than usual no matter what I do.  Sick of being robbed by these <insert choice of profanity here>.  I can't wait until I can breathe, sleep and just over ...

Desperately Need To Work OT...but
Jun 28, 2015

my accounts are SO HORRIBLE I can hardly make it through the week, let alone do overtime.  I need the cash pretty bad though, so I guess I will grit my teeth and just do it! I've worked on some super easy accounts in past years, but these past couple of years since my old accounts went overseas, have been a horrible struggle with impossible ESL and the worst sound quality I've ever dealt with. Add on top of that the frequent audits, and oh my, what a recipe for stress! Thanks for ...

I Desperately Need To Hear From Ex Transportal MTs
Feb 17, 2014

When I was getting all that stuff loaded on my PC, he said whatever I do, do not run a system restore as it would break my machine.  I just wonder if any ex MTs have done that and not had a problem.  I feel it would take care of a lot of my problems.  Thanks for any info!!  Feel free to email me if you wish ...

HAART Therapy Vs ART Therapy
Sep 08, 2013

What is the difference?  ...

We Desperately Need A UNION! I've Thought It For Years. SM
Mar 15, 2010

I was reading the posts below from the complainers complaining about the complainers, and I cannot believe there are so many deluded and ignorant MTs out there who believe that 3 cpl for VR and 8 cpl for transcription is a fair wage --- NO, not just a fair wage, they actually think it's something to sing about! When I started in this profession over 20 years ago, medical transcriptionists were a well respected part of the HIM team.  I earned $13 per hour back in the late 1980s!  ...

Desperately Seeking Morning PT Radiology Work To Supplement Income
Jan 13, 2012

It seems impossible to find morning work in radiology to supplement my full-time income!  I love my full-time job at Transcend, but I am really needing to find a PT gig to supplement my income.  I current work second shift, but with the economy these days, like so many others out there, I could really use the extra income.  I would appreciate any input about any companies, whether it be IC or employee status, that offers morning work in radiology.  I scour the ads daily ...

Had QA Correct Me On Speech Therapy To Speech Therapy
Jun 03, 2013

The phrase is She will be evaluated by PT, OT and speech therapy, corrected to She will be evaluated by PT, OT and Speech Therapy.  I thought it was only capitalized in when followed by a proper name like Montana Central Hospital Speech Therapy.    Thanks.  ...

Terms
Jul 16, 2010

X-rays shows questioning loosening of s/l acetoid process in the left. Broken s/l schakloz wires. The doc is examining the patient's hips. Any help much apreciated. Thank you!   ...

EKG Terms
Dec 16, 2010

Does anyone have a good site for EKG terms.  I have this physician using terms I have never heard before like what sounds like "white count fixed ectopy" and maybe my brain is just tired (like that is anything new :0) but for the life of me I cannot figure out what he is saying.  I HATE to leave blanks so any help would be much appreciated at this wonderful hour of the night ( 12 am here) Thanks!! ...

X-ray Terms
Apr 18, 2011

Is it 3 view x-ray or a three-view x-ray or does it matter? thanks in advance! ...

Help - EKG Terms
Nov 26, 2012

I have 2 blanks not able to understand.  The first one sounds like oil or soil and the second one sounds like towish (tow like towel) maybe tawlish.  A 12-lead EKG showed a slightly sinus _____ pattern in the 1 and _____ P wave in lead 2, so I cannot rule out the possibility of borderline atrial enlargement. TIA ...

Can Anyone Help Me With These Terms
Mar 02, 2015

I am not a medical transcriptionist.  I usually do general transcription.  I have a doctor speaking, using some terminology I cannot find.  May I give you a phonetic description of what I think he is saying?  If anyone recognizes this, could you please give me some suggestions on what you think he is saying. I'm hearing "brocoderal species" that causes "glanders amyloidosis".  Does this ring any bells for anyone?   ...

Help With Ophthalmology Terms
Jun 18, 2010

Need some help with these terms that are some type of eye surgery.  They are mentioned in the past medical history. Resident dictates what sounds like "rule-op-sis" to the right eye (spells this rulptoss, which I am sure doesn't spell anything!) and "lul-pop-tosis" to the left eye (spells this lulptosos, which also doesn't spell anything!).  I would greatly appreciate any ideas you have! I am on my last nerve with these students, residents, foreign doctors, etc., being ...

Transcription Terms
Oct 14, 2010

The sentence "Hemodialysis was done on that day, and one liter of fluid was removed"  is one liter  correct or is it 1L or 1 liter???? ...