A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Desperately seeking morning PT radiology work to supplement income - TypaDee

Posted: Jan 13, 2012

It seems impossible to find morning work in radiology to supplement my full-time income!  I love my full-time job at Transcend, but I am really needing to find a PT gig to supplement my income.  I current work second shift, but with the economy these days, like so many others out there, I could really use the extra income.  I would appreciate any input about any companies, whether it be IC or employee status, that offers morning work in radiology.  I scour the ads daily and just haven't been able to find any that offer this.  Anyone out there have any leads?

Everybody wants the cushy morning hours. Try 3rd shift. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I too need part-time radiology work - Toni

[ In Reply To ..]
but need to find a company that will work around my job that I already have. I work mornings/days and need to find late afternoon to early evening shifts. Only like 14-16 hours a week. If anyone knows of such a company, please let me know. Thanks!

Toni - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I am afraid that in this economy you will not be likely to find someone who will be willing to work around your job. I know because, up until the end of December, I had a job where I had frequently changing shifts (frequently third shift--ugh). There are too many people for too few jobs and the companies call the shots. I don't like it--I was an MT, too, not an MTSO for the last few years of my life, so I am on the MT side of things. I do hope you can find what you are looking for, but I think it will be tough. Good luck to you.
My opinion - cc
[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is hard to find a radiology position in general so asking for certain hours is probably impossible. I have 30 years experience and have been out of a job for three months and have not found anything. Good Luck

Nuance is hiring radiology... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Desperately Need
Dec 14, 2011

... to work for a company that pays weekly.  I have many years of experience in all specialties.  VR or straight typing, IC or emp.  Any ideas of a company I could apply to and start asap?  Thank you for any and all ideas! ...

Desperately Need ExpressScribe Help
Oct 14, 2009

I am trying to transcribe files in Express Scribe.  The first file keeps speeding up and going really fast, even when I decrease the speed button on the display.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  The second problem is when I start the voice file, when I lift my foot off the pedal, the file keeps playing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

New MT Desperately Wants First Job! Need Advise!
Sep 07, 2010

Hey all, I am a new recent graduate in the MT field and am currently studying to get my RMT. I am having a very hard time finding my first MT job and was wondering if anyone had any advise on companies that willingly hire new MT's or places to go in the kansas city metro area to get some experience that will influence my hiring process. Thanks! ...

Desperately Hoping
Dec 11, 2014

My lunch hours are proving to be quite productive.  Applied to 4 jobs in 2 days.  I am so HOPING that at least one of these pans out because I have had enough of this BS.  Cherry picking at its finest going on.  I have had nothing but the bottom of the barrel since Saturday.  My lines also seem lower than usual no matter what I do.  Sick of being robbed by these <insert choice of profanity here>.  I can't wait until I can breathe, sleep and just over ...

Desperately Need To Work OT...but
Jun 28, 2015

my accounts are SO HORRIBLE I can hardly make it through the week, let alone do overtime.  I need the cash pretty bad though, so I guess I will grit my teeth and just do it! I've worked on some super easy accounts in past years, but these past couple of years since my old accounts went overseas, have been a horrible struggle with impossible ESL and the worst sound quality I've ever dealt with. Add on top of that the frequent audits, and oh my, what a recipe for stress! Thanks for ...

I Desperately Need To Hear From Ex Transportal MTs
Feb 17, 2014

When I was getting all that stuff loaded on my PC, he said whatever I do, do not run a system restore as it would break my machine.  I just wonder if any ex MTs have done that and not had a problem.  I feel it would take care of a lot of my problems.  Thanks for any info!!  Feel free to email me if you wish ...

We Desperately Need A UNION! I've Thought It For Years. SM
Mar 15, 2010

I was reading the posts below from the complainers complaining about the complainers, and I cannot believe there are so many deluded and ignorant MTs out there who believe that 3 cpl for VR and 8 cpl for transcription is a fair wage --- NO, not just a fair wage, they actually think it's something to sing about! When I started in this profession over 20 years ago, medical transcriptionists were a well respected part of the HIM team.  I earned $13 per hour back in the late 1980s!  ...

Desperately Seeking Physical Therapy Terms
Jan 30, 2014

My new account includes physical therapy and rehabilitation reports.  It's been many moons since I've done this worktype.  I've googled for PT terms, but nothing I find is very helpful.  Does anyone know of a PT glossary that's free on line?  I'll be eternally grateful for any help.  ...

Income For An MT
Feb 09, 2013

I started out 18 years ago at a very small hospital working as a full-time, in-house employee with benefits and worked with some horrific dictators, but that gave me an excellent start in this field.  I then started working for large MTSOs as a full-time remote employee with benefits, which I did for years, and did very well.  I raised my kids VERY WELL as a single parent doing that.  I was able to work around my family without any problems, i.e. got them up, fed, and off to schoo ...

My Income Has Hit An All-time Low. :(
Dec 13, 2012

Last Friday my paycheck for 2 weeks' work was less than $300.  How am I supposed to live on this?!  My company raised our min. line count rate, and not long ago lowered our cpl pay for VR, which is all we ever get anymore. We also have a higher min. daily required rate. Yet of course, work is getting sparse, especially at this time of year. So I sit and wait, occasionally hitting the download button, and occasionally actually getting a short, almost worthless job spat out at ...

Need Supplemental Income
Apr 15, 2013

Anyone know of a good small company that I can work just for supplental income?  I don't need a lot, just something to help out.  I prefer a small company without all of the bells and whistles that come with the larger ones.  TIA ...

2013 Income
Jan 02, 2014

So how did everyone do this year working as an MT? I earned about $36,000. Wished it was more :( ...

Libidol Supplement
May 28, 2010

I took a test in which the list of medications including what sounded to me like Libidol - a supplement to enhance, you guessed it, libido.  I have not worked in acute care for several years so wonder if there are any commonly taken meds being prescribed that sound like Libidol?  Thank you ...

Does Anyone Out There Supplement Their Work Other Than Just MT?
Oct 07, 2010

Does anyone out there supplement their work other than just MT? I was working a considerable amount of hours and my pay was pretty good, almost what I made at a local hospital minus the gas, sitter, insurance, and uniform expenses. Problem is my work was cut back, and is not enough to keep me satisified at this point. I have resorted to looking for a part-time job to go with being a MT. For me, being home is the only choice I have right now, but I cannot pay the bills off what I am making. Does ...

Molly B Supplement
Feb 04, 2014

Patient has varicose veins and is pregnant. "She is taking what she describes as a Molly B supplement to help with blood thinning." No accent. Clear dictator. ...

If Income Is Less Than $600 As An IC Do You Have To Claim It On Your Taxes??? Nm
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

MQ Makes A Net Income Of 9.7 Million.
Feb 01, 2010

http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=58609   That money is OUR money for what MQ did to all of us and probably most of the money MQ took was from ASR!!!  I see MQ hired ANOTHER VP for global service?  I wonder how much this person makes?  Along with bonuses?  So, that makes what. . .,  30 some VP's who work for MQ?   ...

Income Simple Survey
Mar 24, 2010

After losing an employee status job due to healthcare reform anticipated cuts, I am considering going back to IC status.  Just to keep things super simple, as a baseline would appreciate hearing what ICs are making yearly who work a 40 hour a week.  ...

What Do You Consider A Good Income For MT/editing, Not Cpl But $$
Aug 09, 2012

I do not mean a per line rate, as that will equate to different incomes for different MTs. What do you consider a reasonable annual income for a combination of MT/editing; $25,000, $30,000, $40,000, or more?  My income was $47,000 in the past, and will probably drop to $37,000 this year.  I don't like it, but I do not have a degree, jobs are not plentiful, and I am thinking that in my rural town, I will not do any better, especially considering clothes and gas, etc.  I stil ...

Do Offshore Workers Pay US Income Tax?
Nov 20, 2012

How does that work....taking US opportunity and making profit from it, do they share in the TAXX burden? ...

You're The Reason My Income Sucks.
Mar 30, 2014

Ask anyone what's happened to earnings in this field over the last 10 years.  If you have a penchant for the macabre, try the last 20 years.  I won't bother with the details because you already know them. Well, you put up with it, didn't you? While the population of ESL dictators exploded and VR came on the scene, while the sheer number of medical devices, instruments, procedures, tests and other terminology we deal with doubled and then tripled, while benefits were hac ...

If In A Leave Of Absence There Is Any Income At All?
Jun 15, 2014

Does anyone know if in a leave of absence there is any income at all?  My 27-year-old son may have cancer.  I'm needless to say devastated and need to be of help to him and his family. ...

Supplement For Ménière’s
Nov 02, 2009

s/l    IN-fa-min, a supplement for Ménière’s ?? I am at a loss and unable to document this . . . any clues? ...

Visco-supplement Or Viscosupplement?
Dec 10, 2009

I'm finding both. Thanks! ...

Med. S/l Giva, Think It Is Herbal Supplement...
Feb 04, 2010

Supplement S/l Tyonal Or Tionol Or Tie-o-nol
May 04, 2010

Any idea on this supplement? Thanks, Abby ...

Drug S/l Letsin...maybe A Supplement...
Aug 18, 2010

Cancer patient on many other supplements and thinking this is also a supplement... ...

Med S/l Inveratac - Pt. With COPD - Could Be Supplement.
Sep 02, 2010

: ) ...

Vitamin/supplement Reference
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone know of a good online reference for vitamin and supplement names, preferably something that allows for a "sounds like"?  I am struggling with this one - it sounds like "ketcava" and I'm thinking it might be something used for insomnia since it's listed in between 2 other supplements used for insomnia.  If anyone knows the name of this one or can point me in the direction of where to find it, I would greatly appreciate it!  Thanks in advance! ...

Supplement - S/l Kir-say-tin Plus. Pt Is A 67 Year Old Woman.
Jan 06, 2011

x ...