A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Confused about people laid off part time flex, thought flex position was eliminated years ago - gge

Posted: Aug 17, 2013

I am part time but not flex. I wanted to go flex but my CCM told me that they no longer had flex positions available. This was probably 2 years ago.  How is everyone part time flex?

psrt-time flex - terminated trendy

[ In Reply To ..]
You are correct. the part-time flexers had been around for a while. It was no longer offered but since we were hired as flex we stayed as flexers but if we quit and came back could not be part-time flex.

Thanks, I understand now - gge

[ In Reply To ..]
I always wanted to be flex as it sounded like a better plan than regular part time.

Similar Messages:

Any Work For Part Time Flex People?
Mar 26, 2010

I'm part time 24+ a week right now...looking to decrease hours but want to make sure I can get at least 10 hours a week.  Will I have trouble getting that?  When I was hired they said they couldn't guarantee flex PT hours, so....? ...

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...

Part-time Flex
Mar 23, 2011

I have been Part-Time Flex for years, but sup wants me to switch to Part-Time.  What's so different between the two? ...

Flex Time
May 12, 2012

I was just reading over at the Department of Labor website. It seems to me that many MTSOs have changed the original meaning of "flex time"for employees. Used to be that we had X hours in a day to work our schedule.  (example: 12 hours flexible time to work 7 hours).  Suddenly, it is now 8 hours to work 8 hours with strict adherence.  So, one might say this is done in office jobs.  But when I worked in an office for many years, we were on the clock for everyt ...

Wondering What Everyone Does When OOW..flex Or Not Flex Sm
Jan 02, 2015

What do you all do when you are OOW?  Do you flex and come back later in the day, flex to a different day of the pay week, use your PTO, or take time off without pay? I usually flex and make up later in day or another day, but really getting tired of that, but need the money, even as little as it is these days. Makes for very long days, as you all know.  Starting out working first shift and then having work to midnight is awful. Besides, do not feel right about cutting into other peop ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How Flex Time Works
Apr 11, 2010

at Medquist.  I may be taking a different job but kind of wanted to keep this just in case I hate it or the pay is even worse, though I doubt that will happen.  Is there a minimum?  Are you just on call for heavy times?  Just there for trades, etc.?  TIA ...

Does Nuance Have Flex Time?
Nov 21, 2012

Does Nuance offer flex time?  I work for Accentus and they're  very flexible when it comes to when I have to work; nobody says anything as long as I produce, whether I get on a 6 am, off at 7, on again at 9, off at 2, on again at 7 off 9, etc.  I'm going to have a huge problem if there's no flexibility in my schedule. ...

Don't Know Why HDSM Would Send Stupid Message About Flex Time, With All This MOT -
Mar 26, 2015

What schedule!?! ...

Were All The Laid Off MTs Part-time?
Sep 16, 2013

I was wondering if any full-time MTs have been effected by the layoffs and does anyone know if more layoffs are planned soon. I am still looking for something else, but stuck here right now. ...

Please "flex" Your Time.
Nov 10, 2012

Yet another email this morning stating volumes are low, please flex your time.  Can someone explain to me exactly what this means?  In actuality, aren't they asking/expecting us to be available all day until there is actual work, instead of the schedule we signed up for?  ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

PT To Flex
Mar 10, 2010

Are people still being hired as flex position?  Has anyone switched from full or part time to flex recently?  I was flex about 1-1/2 years ago and was told I had to go part time, now I want to switch back to flex as I cannot stand the stress of this company and all its ridiculous rules, regulations.  Flex I could do but part time, Im finding it harder and harder to do those 24 hours/week.  Thanks! ...

Do Laid Off Part Timers Get Severence Or Just Full Time
Apr 04, 2013

I think severence is just for full time but not sure. ...

Flex Schedule
Oct 08, 2011

Reading through the many different polices, if I am reading this correct, you can be a flex-employee, 2000 lines per wk?  Do any of you work this kind of schedule?  Considering leaving, but would still like to work very part-time and this would be great. ...

Flex Or TAT Companies
Mar 01, 2012

I am looking to either land a direct account or get on with a company that offers flex work, temp work, or work on a TAT. I am only interested in transcription (not editing at this time)because I am most effective at transcription. Please share if you have any advice or ideas! ...

Unemployment Question. I Work A Part-time Job Outside My Home And May Be Getting Laid Off Soon. I
Mar 23, 2011

nm ...

S/l Vera Flex Stent
Oct 18, 2009

I am trying to google this, but having no luck so far.  Anyone know how it is spelled? 4.0/32 mm vera flex stent ...

Has Anyone Heard That Flex Pt Is Going To Be Discontinued? Sm
Apr 05, 2010

I got an email from my CCM and she asked about us being flex PT.  I am wondering if this position is going to be discontinued and we will have to do regular PT?  I only hold onto this crummy job as a second in case my regular job goes caput (sp)!  I have had that happen so many times with MQ already, just losing the account and sorry no work, so I work for 2 now consistently.  Thanks for any info anyone has! ...

S/l Circle Flex Stent
Jul 30, 2011

Remote s/l (circle flex) stent. ...

Dorsi And Plantar Flex Foot
Dec 26, 2014

doc dictates "it is not too bad until she actually dorsi and plantar flexes her toes" Is this correctly transcribed??  TIA   ...

When You Apply For Part Time Position...
Feb 06, 2014

do you list your current position on your resume? Thinking of leaving my current position off the list. ...

DermaFlex Versus Derma-flex (trademark Name)
Nov 10, 2014

I am having QA people change it back and forth and I get knocked for it. ...

Looking For Part-time..haven't Worked In Over 3 Years
Aug 15, 2012

I am looking for part-time work.  I haven't worked in transcription for over 3 years but have extensive experience.  Any suggestions on a company? ...

CTL Position Eliminated-TOLD YOU!
Nov 16, 2009

When this position was created, I told several on this board NOT TO APPLY for it because it would be eliminated like other positions they dream up.  YEP, just got word today it has been.  The CTLs will now be MMEs only.  UNBELIEVEABLE!!!  This company never ceases to amaze me!  Several days ago, someone said something was going to happen on 11/15, this was it!! ...

Part-time Radiology/psychiatry IC Position
Sep 09, 2010

Just curious if anyone has applied to and heard back from this company, or if anyone is familiar with the person doing the recruiting? TIA!!! ...

Amphion - Part-time Weekend Position
Sep 03, 2012

Anyone who works for Amphion or who has worked for them in the past, I was curious to know if the part-time weekend position at Amphion included the option of working Fridays, and if so, what time on Friday would be the earliest start time.  Thanks. ...

Does Nuance Still Hire Part Time People?
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks for your time! ...

Ok I'm Totally Confused. They Just Laid Off Sm
Apr 12, 2013

a tone of people and now they have an ad on the other website hiring MTs?  What the crap is up?  They are so mismanaged it is pathetic!  Stupid, stupid, stupid. ...

Pt Had "flex Dex" Of The T Spine, Which Showed Extensive
Jul 18, 2012

? ...

OOW? Just Simply "flex" Your Hours.
Aug 21, 2013

I absolutely hate when I am told to just "flex" my hours. I have contracted for work within a particular time frame. If no work is available during that time it is not a simple matter of just "flexing" my time. My life is not that "flexible". I have kids, husband, house, school to deal with sweetie.  Try to not over hire so many MTs to get that awesome TAT. Try to not send our work overseas to save a few cents.  How about that waiting time pay sweetie?  Does that not apply when we ...