A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Union message looks like deleted - mte

Posted: Oct 14, 2009

I guess I could just rest on my laurels (whatever those are) and let it be but must complain, yes complain, about the totao lack of concern for those of us who have had our pay cut 1/2 to 2/3 of what it used to be. We absolutely need someone to represent us.

Probably the discussion turned nasty - gourdpainter

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't see the thread after I posted but more than likely it was deleted for turning nasty. I, for one, am angry about what has happened to the MT industry and for a variety of reasons I am doing what I can to reverse the situation. An organized union most probably is not the answer as it is too far gone for that to be effective and logistics would present a huge organizing problems. There are other ways of addressing the issue.

You're right. Unions won't help us at all until ... sm - MT Daze

[ In Reply To ..]
something is done about rampant offshoring. The US is hemorrhaging jobs at a rate never before seen, at a time when we can all least afford it.

If things keep up at this pace, they're going to have to find a way to get India to subsidize all the joblessness and lack of contribution to the American tax base their siphoning off of our livelihoods has caused.

MT is all I know, the only thing I'm good at. If lose my income, school is not an option at my age, nor is any sort of retirement income to fall back on. I'll have to go on the government dole. I wonder how many rupees per person they should be forced to fork over?

Yes, where is it? Doesn't belong here on Company, and - MissIndigo

[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, I think all the discussions of unionization at this particular point in history are silly, but where IS it--and the rest of the disappearing threads? Nastiness is appropriately deleted, but not entire discussions. Perhaps unionization efforts should be added to the new Offshore Concerns board?

Reply to UNION msg. deleted - Food Stamp Susie

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay cut of 1/2 to 2/3 would qualify an employee to collection UE benefits and/or provide valid reason for resignation in virually all states. UE benefits are at least 1/2 of your last year's average salary. (In my state it's 50-60% of average last annual pay, but some NE or NW states may be more). Having said that, 50% OF YOUR PREVIOUS SALARY FOR SITTING HOME, DOING NOTHING OR PERHAPS TAKING THE TIME TO FURTHER YOUR EDUCATIONS- versus 50% PAY CUT & PULLING YOUR HAIR OUT ON VR -- well, I know which one I'D pick!

I know which one I'd pick - gourdpainter

[ In Reply To ..]
And with our local TV flooded with lawyers hawking Social Security Disability "if you can't work because of anxiety or depression," I imagine most MTs would qualify for that too.

As a case in point, I decided a couple of weeks ago to send out a bunch of resumes just to see if I'd get a job offer. Guess what? I didn't even get one reply!!!! Maybe ads should state, "if you have experience DO NOT apply."

Just a thought - has anyone here actually talked with - a labor attorney about the MT biz?

[ In Reply To ..]
It would be interesting to hear their viewpoint on all the shenanigans the MTSO's keep pulling on their workers. The non-payment of OT worked. And for some, non-payment PERIOD. The dishonest way many of them figure their lines, etc. If nothing else, they may have some good ideas on how to go about getting MTSOs to clean up their act.

yes - gourdpainter

[ In Reply To ..]
Details later to the mailing list I am compiling.

no msg - Cool! :)

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

Deleted.
Sep 30, 2010

Deleted. ...

How I Got Out - DELETED
Jul 08, 2012

Sorry kids, but a couple of bad apples have spoiled it for everyone. ...

Deleted
Dec 12, 2014

deleted ...

Posts Deleted.
Jan 19, 2011

I do not post that often; but lately I have noticed that anything I post disappears. What is happening. Could I be banned? ...

Two Posts Now Deleted
May 24, 2012

Whatever company you work for, aside from this board, you need to let everyone know what is going on in this industry.  However you do that, write, phone calls, email, lawsuits, twitter, facebook.   Get the word out about what goes on at your company, in this industry, and how it has affected you.  ...

Why Have So Many Posts Been Deleted?
Nov 22, 2014

There were recently a few posts that I was interested in and all followed posting guidelines and all comments also followed guidelines, and now they have been deleted.  A couple of these posts contained information about a certain MTSO.  I am starting to suspect that certain MTSOs get preferential treatment and/or they are friends with this site owner or moderator, or possibly the moderator is part of this company. This same situation has occurred previously.  Hence, if this does ...

Where's Anil? Deleted?
Feb 07, 2015

hmm.... ...

Why Was The EnigmaAJ Post Deleted?
Oct 16, 2009

x ...

Why Are The Laptop Discussions Always Being Deleted?
May 16, 2011

nm ...

I Accidentally Deleted Alt+A, Add To Dictionary.
May 16, 2011

I was working on some macros and needed a command for changing text to Arial 11.  I'm thinking "hmmmm, Arial, A." Let's make it Alt+A.  Does it tell me that's already assigned to something?  Nooooooo.  I totally forgot it's part of the spell checker commands.  So now, when I do spell checks, I don't have the option to add words to the dictionary.  How do I get Alt+A back to it's original state?  I deleted the macro I'd made, ...

Clicking On MQ Mail And Finding It Deleted?
Mar 07, 2011

Has any been having this issue in the last 2 weeks or so?  Click on MQ and getting a message that that message has been deleted??? ...

To The Coding Student Who Deleted Her Post
Sep 01, 2013

This board is not quiet because the coders are working.  It is quiet because coders can't post here.   This board has a problem with a small number of people, apparently not coders, who have a problem with any and all positive postings.  The description below that they jump on the posts like a pack of hyenas was very apt.  They attack the OP and all responses until they derail the thread and either get it deleted or obstruct the original discussion.  This has prett ...

All Main Board Posts Deleted??
May 13, 2015

Why have all the messages on the Main Board been "deleted by author"?? ...

Deleted A File In Express Scribe By Mistake.
Nov 21, 2011

I deleted a file yesterday, and need to get it back if I can.  Is there any way I can recover it?   ...

Can Someone Tell Me How To Get The ADT Info To Show Up On The Typing Screen. I Deleted It Somehow.
Mar 16, 2015

nm ...

We Need A Union
Jan 18, 2013

nm ...

What A Union Could've Done For MTs
Jan 07, 2014

I kinda liked the big o' tire! http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/07/news/goodyear-france/index.html ...

UNION
Oct 16, 2014

Has anyone done research on clerical or MT unions? Any organizers or organizations you can suggest?  An internet search didn't yield anything, but I sent an email to a "service" union (closest I could find), haven't heard back.  All this industry has ever done is decrease pay under the guise of making compensation competitive, which is to say "If you'll work for X company for that little, we'll lower our pay too."  This job and the pride that came with it is a ...

MTs Can't Get A Union Going But Medical Pot
Sep 20, 2010

nm ...

Some Of You People Below Need A Union
Apr 19, 2011

Rather than turning against each other as some of you are starting to do below, it would be really great if you had a union, one  that worked to make sure you are treated fairly and rules aren't changed that make it harder for you to do your work and make a living. ...

Formation Of A Union
Sep 11, 2012

Is anyone really interested?  I have started doing some research, and starting a union is not as far-fetched as we think.  We would need 30% of the employees to sign up for it.  Check out Office and Professional Employees International Union.  They might be able to help us.  http://www.opeiu.org/ ...

To Those Who Were Looking Into How To Form A Union For MTs
Oct 20, 2012

What did you find out? Did you make any headway? P.S. Please no negative posts. ...

FORM A UNION
Nov 20, 2012

We need to form a union and be done with all this complaining and stop taking their! ...

Does Anyone Belong To A Union?
Sep 03, 2014

I am just wondering if anyone out there belongs to a union like SEIU? I know they mainly represent nurses and home health aides, etc., but I wonder if you joined it would that be of any benefit, would they be able to help with our working conditions, would you be able to elect their benefits rather than the MTSO ones? I am not interested in AHDI because basically it seems to provide absolutely NO job security or protection, no benefits to joining, and in fact your reward for obtaining their cer ...

Need To Start A Union
Oct 23, 2014

OK transcriptionists.......We are all in the same boat that seems to be sinking.  I am throwing everyone a life preserver.  I know I can offer the doctors out there an easy way to dictate that is "clear, understandable, personable" (with transcriptionists assigned to their own personalized physicians).  This is the way I have done this for 20 years.  It worked great.  I have a connection that will integrate transcription into the EMR that they are using.  When I spo ...

If We Had A Union, This Would Not Happen, Sm.
Dec 17, 2014

I have always thought that if we had a union, companies could not get away with this behavior.  So why don't we have a union to represent us, any thoughts? ...

Do You Support Thoughts Of A Union?
Aug 23, 2010

If you do, what are your thoughts on CMT? In reading the thread going on right now, I see MTs saying it's worthless, it's a rip-off, etc.  But what do you think a union would really do? Any PROFESSIONAL organization SHOULD have standards and should have a MINIMUM certification.  Like it or not, AHDI is OUR organization and the CMT is what is being pushed as the MINIMUM standard.  Credentials do NOT guarantee higher pay.  They say you have met the minimum standards ...

More Silly Union Talk
Jan 31, 2011

Before responding, please read this post carefully. Yes, I’m talking union here, but NOT an MT union which would be pointless. Unfortunately we’ve missed that opportunity. Also, this post is intended for experienced professional MTs and include my thoughts on several topics that started down below. And hold onto your hats; this is a long one.   I’ve chimed in on this subject before, but I wanted to make an official post to put it out there and get valuable feedback fro ...

One Of The Reasons A Union Will Never Work
Feb 03, 2011

"I am looking for a transcription company that does SOAP notes preferably. I have 15 years of transcription experience and would like to do something part-time and weekends." I read this today.  I considered it could be a bait post since not far under it is one equal eyebrow-raising. But here's an MT who can say, "I have 15 years experience" and I would venture to guess, couldn't hold a candle to many of the newer and older acute-care MTs. Years of experience really becomes mea ...

The Reality Of The UNION Talk
Apr 25, 2011

The only person REALLY interested is apparently the person who recently posted.  ****** This followup is posted mostly to point out the REALITY and that's that MTs will NEVER unionize :)  It's just a topic that comes up, everybody creates fervor for their POV and then it all goes away (thank goodness)!   ...