A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pathology Transcription - dictation to practice? - mtmommy09

Posted: Nov 01, 2009

I am testing for a transcription position within a hospital, but I have never done pathology transcription before only sleep medicine & consultations. Does anyone know where I can download sample pathology dictation to practice before I have to test with them on Thursday. Any help would be appreciated!

Pathology - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
See the link below. Might be helpful.

Pathology Transcription - mtmommy09

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank You :-)

Similar Messages:

MT Dictation Practice Sites
Nov 16, 2009

Thanks for all the useful comments and equiptment tips. I am waiting for my internship.   Want to keep my skills sharp. What on-line sites would you all recommend for daily MT dictation pracrtice? I am currently redoing over and over my course materials. Also what does one do to improve on grammar and punctuation skills? Thanks. from Vermont, Diane     ...

Practice Reports For Medical Transcription
Jun 28, 2010

My sister who recently graduated from MT school has started looking for MT jobs.  They now want her to test.  She feels she needs practice listening to actual dictated reports. Is there any site that has practice reports? ...

The Transcription Doctors - Regarding The Practice Of Penalizing Them
Jun 30, 2011

I would like to hear from current Transcription Doctors transcriptionists regarding the practice of penalizing them if they do not meet the required production rate, and also do they do the same if your QA percentage rate goes lower than what they require?  I have never heard of a company doing this before.  I don't see how they can keep people if this is true. ...

Medical Transcription Practice Reports
Dec 27, 2014

I'm a recent honors grad and would like to find some practice reports to help keep my newly acquired skills sharp during the resume building/job search process.  Your tips are much appreciated. JB ...

Family Practice MT Needed For P.R.N. Work - Crystals Home Transcription
Sep 23, 2010

Has anyone applied and heard back from this company today? ...

What Is Pathology Transcription?
Dec 21, 2010

Can anyone explain to me what do you type if you are a pathology MT?  I see many jobs asking for radiology or pathology expereince needed.  I understand what RAD is... I do not know what pathology is typing.  Please explain?  Greatly appreciated! ...

Pathology Transcription - Well Do You Like It?
Feb 06, 2012

Just wondering if anyone out there types pathology reports and, if so, how well do you like it?  Considering a position of strictly pathology dictation.  Thanks. ...

Does MM Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Using Dragon Medical Practice, Version 2 For Transcription, Coding, Billing, Editing - Is It Worth I
Dec 29, 2014

It was recently suggested to me that I get Dragon Medical practice Edition, Version 2 for use on transcription, coding, billing and editing. As someone who works from home, I am hoping to investigate the pros and cons of investing in this program and whether its worth it ($1,399.00!!) Does anyone have any experience using this program for transcription, etc who would like to comment? Is it worth the time investment and the money investment? Is the program fairly easy to set up and use ie: l ...

Pathology And Laboratory Transcription
Dec 24, 2010

I just found a local hospital advertising for a path and lab transcription job and am considering applying, but I've never done that type of transcription.  I've done numerous others, radiology, hospital, surgical, clinic, etc., but it has been a few years as lately I have been doing clinic work only.  Is pathology/laboratory transcription difficult?  I realize it's a matter of opinion and just like all other transcription would take time to adjust.  I'm g ...

Pathology And Radiology Transcription
May 23, 2011

I have been a radiology transcriptionist for about 12 years. I am presently unemployed. I have seen an ad on one of the job sites for a pathology transcriptionist with 1 year experience. My question is how different/difficult is pathology transcription. Should it be something a radiology transcriptionist can do, given I have 15 years experience but 12 in rad work. Do you think it would be something I could pick up without difficulty? Any information and input would be appreciated. I have been ou ...

Does Nuance Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Pathology Transcription - What Is The Difference?
Apr 10, 2014

Can anybody tell me how different it is typing for a pathology practice versus clinic transcription and hospital transcription? I am considering applying for a pathology transcription position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ...

Pathology Transcription - What Skills Are Needed?
Jun 29, 2010

I've been an acute care transcriptionist for 15 years... can anyone tell me if I qualify for Pathology transcription or is this an acquired skill that needs more schooling? Thanks! ...

I Want To Learn Pathology And Radiology Transcription
Jul 23, 2010

Hi, I been working full time in acute care as an IC now for 7 years and I have been noticing the only jobs for transcriptionists left in hospitals or labs is pathology, sometimes but rarely radiology.  How can I go about learning pathology.  I been in acute care my whole career, it can't be that hard to learn after typing acute care non stop for this long.  Any ideas? ...

New Pathology Transcription Job, Info Needed
Jun 28, 2013

I am about to start a new in-house path transcription job for a laboratory. I did transcription for about 6 years up until I quit last spring. My specialties then were ortho and PT, so I have no experience in pathology. The new company is well aware of this and is willing to train and be patient with me learning on the job. Even so, I am so very nervous as I know this is a whole different ballgame with terminology. They do autopsies as well. Are there sites I should read up on or dictionaries th ...

Pathology Transcription - Difference Besides Learning The Format?
Mar 26, 2012

I have 18 years experience in acute care transcription in just about everything except "pathology transcription."  I have done a lot of ops of all kinds, oncology, neurology, cardiology, infectious disease, etc.  Is Pathology transcription that different?  I've done tumor staging, chemo protocols, just about any type of EEG, TEE, cath, radiology, etc.  The reason I'm asking is I saw a job for a "Pathology transcriptionist" and I really believe I'm qualified with my knowledge, ...

Pathology Transcription: Needing Advice On Finding A Job
Jan 27, 2015

Wondering if anyone can offer advice on where PATHOLOGY TRANSCRIPTIONIST jobs can be found - preferably one at home and would really like one that pays by the hour, but would consider one that pays by the line. Thanks for any advice that you might be able to offer. ...

Any Comments About Toggle Dictation/Transcription In TX? They
May 16, 2013

. ...

M-Modal And Dictation/transcription Platform
May 31, 2013

Does M-Modal use DocQScribe?  What about Chartscript.Net?  Since they used to be MedQuist, I know that MQ used DQS.  Anything but eScription.  I loathe eScription. ...

Article - Dictation And Transcription Will Be Under Increased Scrutiny
Dec 29, 2009

We'll see how this shakes out but what it looks like, according to this article, is that security will be forefront. To me this means that the vampire squids (the suits) who live and die for widespread databases will need to figure out how they can make their systems more secure. I think they can't if they continue the road their on. See below for recent article link.  http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/122109p10.shtml ...

Article - HIPAA Targets - Dictation And Transcription
Jan 13, 2010

Below is the link to the article called HIPAA Targets and it talks about how dictation and transcription are going to be under increased scrutiny. The one paragraph that caught my eye was this: "Casto also points to the number of outsourced companies that work directly off the Internet, opening themselves up for breaches. “A lot of people would be shocked as to how many of those companies have an FTP site that works off the Internet,” he notes." This info needs to be widely spread ...

Do Not Order From Digital Dictation And Transcription Store
Feb 28, 2012

Do not order from Digital Dictation and Transcription Store.  I received a hand control that did not and returned the item.  They charged me a 20% restocking fee, shipping to me and return shipping for them for a total of almost $55. ...

Electronic Medical Record No More Dictation, No More Transcription
Jun 26, 2014

Everywhere I turn I see nothing but EMR - No more dictation, no more transcription.  At an eye appointment today when I told the technician I'm a medical transcriptionist, she responded with "DO THEY STILL HAVE THAT?"  It's time to wake up and smell the coffee.  Transcription and even VR will not be needed by next year.  Walmart please hire me! ...

I Want More Practice
Oct 17, 2009

I am loving the company I am working for.   I am new to the field, and they have helped me so much to develop my skills.  BUT I am currently only transcribing one specialty(rehab).  I would like to get some practice in acute care, surgical reports, etc.  I've seen several practice CDs on the net and ebay, and just wondered if any of them are worth it.  I have zero experience in other specialties except for the little bit I did during training, and I just want t ...

ESL Practice
Jan 28, 2010

Hi, I'm taking Allied's course and there is no section on ESL dictations. Where can I get samples to transcribe? Or at least listen to? Thanks. ...

Moving Practice To EMR.
Dec 22, 2009

I received a call today from a doctor that I know.  His practice is switching over to EMR, and he wants someone to coordinate that transition.  New patients are easily entered into the system, but he has a temporary need to get the old records into the EMR system.  His office staff is too busy to add this big job to their workload, and I think he correctly determined that he needs someone who can read the old office records, understand them, and then extract the info that needs to ...

Does Anyone Do Family Practice?
Apr 30, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 7 years now, but almost all of that has been doing family practice work in SOAP note fashion.  When I first graduated I briefly did some work doing OP, H&P, discharges, et cetera.  I only did that for a short time and then started working at my current job. I have been with this small MTSO for 6 years doing family practice. I also did some letters and SOAP notes for peds endo for a while while doing the family practice. Anyway, over the las ...

Common Practice
Jan 11, 2012

Is is common practice if you are placed on hold to pay them back 3/4 of your pay?? Is everything out there like this? ...

Would This Be A Good Practice Book For Me - Sm
May 21, 2011

Workbook for Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2011 Edition [Paperback] I want some more practice for the course i am taking.  would this be a good practice book?  What I really want is a practice-type of workbook or questions that would be like the cPC exam - multiple choice-type.  can anyone point me in the right direction? ...